One Week Notice?

Prev1
So, here we are with Monday being October first and we have yet to see an official calendar release.... On top of this, the CLS event pops up giving us five days notice instead of the promised one week notice for legacy events....

It's not a big deal for me personally, but some of my guildmates are near CLS ready and actually could have used that extra couple of days notice to farm the last of their shards / gear pieces....

It would be nice if CG actually did what they say they are going to do for once ..

Replies

• Options
    It's not a new event so they don't need to.
    Also, if you haven't prepared way before the event this weeks notice won't help you as well.
  • Options
    Michaels wrote: »
    It's not a new event so they don't need to.
    Also, if you haven't prepared way before the event this weeks notice won't help you as well.

As I said, it's not a big deal to me..... But for some the extra couple of days would be helpful...

They promised a one week notice for "legacy" events which they defined as events that have fun 3 or more times.... CLS qualifies and the bottom line is we should have been given the notice....

Younmay not think two days is a big deal, and maybe it isn't in the grand scheme of things, but some things are about principle....
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    So, here we are with Monday being October first and we have yet to see an official calendar release.... On top of this, the CLS event pops up giving us five days notice instead of the promised one week notice for legacy events....

It's not a big deal for me personally, but some of my guildmates are near CLS ready and actually could have used that extra couple of days notice to farm the last of their shards / gear pieces....

It would be nice if CG actually did what they say they are going to do for once ..

My body has been ready for cls since August so thank the maker he is back
  • Options
    Honestly if you don’t have CLS, the only hero’s you should be farming are CLS requirements. It’s ridiculous that people complain about this stuff.

Example: I don’t have JTR, I’m farming resistance and vets, whether they give me 7 days notice or 5 days notice I’m still farming resistance and vets....

if anyone has crystals and aren’t spending them to farm faster, that was a gamble, gambling is a risk ...
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, they pulled this kind of trick on us once already. Not surprised they did it again...
  • Options
    What do you mean cls event pops up? I don't see it in my list in game. I haven't seen any official source for cls event coming this week yet.
  • Options
    Franimus wrote: »
    What do you mean cls event pops up? I don't see it in my list in game. I haven't seen any official source for cls event coming this week yet.

What country and time zone are you in?
  • Options
    Tbuono89 wrote: »
    Honestly if you don’t have CLS, the only hero’s you should be farming are CLS requirements. It’s ridiculous that people complain about this stuff.

Example: I don’t have JTR, I’m farming resistance and vets, whether they give me 7 days notice or 5 days notice I’m still farming resistance and vets....

if anyone has crystals and aren’t spending them to farm faster, that was a gamble, gambling is a risk ...

I agree with you completely on the farming plan stuff.... I prepare for events well in advance....

My issue with it has less to do with my guildmates farming techniques and more to do with CG breaking yet another promise to the players.....
  • Options
    Franimus wrote: »

What country and time zone are you in?

Usa, edt
    So I'm guessing the aussies and kiwis are seeing it now?
  • Options
    @franimus ..... I'm in Canada on Est.... Been there since early morning... Maybe back out of the game and go back in...
  • Options
    ie66f5ngzaff.jpg
  • Options
    UK here, and we are in the future, but it isn't showing for us yet.
  • Options
    UK here, and we are in the future, but it isn't showing for us yet.

We don't need roads!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    That is really odd.....
  • Options
    @Franimus @ChristophIV

Are you guys maybe not seeing it because you already have CLS?
  • Options
    Perhaps. I was expecting the R2 Mythic to show but just remembered I only tend to see that a day or two before.
  • Options
    Ya, I have r2, so daring droid doesn't show for me until the mythic starts a day or two after the main one ...
  • Options
    Y’all seem to be thinking. A little off here, NEW events get the week notice, LEGACY events get two days min notice, So consider the five days a blessing,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    b1b4djybccz5.jpg

There is no mention of any advanced notice on legacy events. Just that they will appear on the calendar
  • Options
    Fair enough.... Just went back and reread that post myself....

So.... How about that Calendar?.....
  • Options
    @Franimus @ChristophIV

Are you guys maybe not seeing it because you already have CLS?

Bingo. Wont show if youve done it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fair enough.... Just went back and reread that post myself....

So.... How about that Calendar?.....

The 1st.
  • Options
    CLS has already come and gone, I wonder when RJT will be around, I'm ready for that event.
  • Options
    CLS has already come and gone, I wonder when RJT will be around, I'm ready for that event.

Huh?.... CLS is back on the fourth.... Rjt should be later in October....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    b1b4djybccz5.jpg

There is no mention of any advanced notice on legacy events. Just that they will appear on the calendar

CLS is not a legendary event. CLS is a Hero's Journey. If you look at literally the paragraph below the one you've screenshotted, you'll find the following:

Hero’s Journeys

Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.
  • Options
    b1b4djybccz5.jpg

CLS is not a legendary event. CLS is a Hero's Journey. If you look at literally the paragraph below the one you've screenshotted, you'll find the following:

Hero’s Journeys

Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.

Do you not read before you post?.... We figured that out hours ago..... If they actually published the calendar before the new month started, we would have know he was coming......

If they stick to their regular habits, their "official forum" won't see it until October third.... Lol
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I read the last sentence as indicating they would announce the character and then update the calendar for the month. That's what's happened for previous calendars - they've released it without the Hero's journey on, then later they've released the in-game notice (and possibly a forum notice, I can't remember) and added it into the calendar.

None of that changes the 'week's notice'. Personally I don't think a week or 5 days makes any difference, if you want a toon you should be farming for it. But they have gone against what they said was their intention.
  • Options
    I read the last sentence as indicating they would announce the character and then update the calendar for the month. That's what's happened for previous calendars - they've released it without the Hero's journey on, then later they've released the in-game notice (and possibly a forum notice, I can't remember) and added it into the calendar.

None of that changes the 'week's notice'. Personally I don't think a week or 5 days makes any difference, if you want a toon you should be farming for it. But they have gone against what they said was their intention.

I agree in regards to farming actually .... The amount of folks that complain about advanced notice who have toons languishing at 4* is astounding.....

That being said, it's about principle..... The calendar should have been released prior to the start of the month, right here on the official forums...... Not elsewhere...... And it still hasn't been released elsewhere either..... It got data mined from an unofficial site to tell us CLS was coming......

They obviously knew what was coming, and yet no calendar.....

I certainly don't think their one week rule on new events and calendar rule on old events works if you can get a one week notice on a new event (in fact, they bragged it up as a day early) yet the old event gets less notice.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ... a week or 5 days makes any difference, if you want a toon you should be farming for it. But they have gone against what they said was their intention.

This.

Sorry I did grad the wrong quote and misunderstand the current situation.
  • Options
    ... a week or 5 days makes any difference, if you want a toon you should be farming for it. But they have gone against what they said was their intention.

This.

Sorry I did grad the wrong quote and misunderstand the current situation.

Swgoh events website is not “official” but it did list these events a week out- not 5 days before.

Anyway the forums are always the last to find out anyway- so no big deal