The absolute lowest gear for chewbacca Tier 7 (includes strat)

Prev13
Aplus
138 posts Member
edited September 2018
Edit: This strategy requires GOD MODS. Squad power is sitting at 79k. Boba has TWO 6-E mods.

Hey all. I’m the same guy who posted a guide to the “last resort for thrawn event 7*” and that was also a very minimum g7/8 to 7* thrawn which took over 200 tries. This time, we step it up.

Note: This took over 500 tries. I am not even joking.

I just want you all to know, DO NOT GIVE UP. You can do it.

My squad: G12 boba(L), G11 ig88, G9 dengar, G8 greedo, g8 cad bane. I want to list speed only like I did in the thrawn guide, but i think the whole mod set is important this time compared to thrawn event, so I’ll post screenshots or link to my swgoh gg if needed so you can check my mods.

First off, some tips for the event: (some you might know, just wanna give a headsup)

1. Chewie has some sort of unique from Hoth Leia that gives him 30% tm everytime he’s hit. Use that to speed up the detonators, so it gives tm under boba lead

2. Dengar only call assist on basic if target enemy has debuff.

3. Leia doesn’t always use aoe on first turn, and r2 doesn’t always smoke screen/ burn.

4. Counter chance on Han is not 100%. Might be a reskin of Raid Han which means he has 50%.

5. Greedo detonators, unlike dengar, blow up after ONE turn, which gives tm to whole team.

6. Use cad bane stun on r2 even if he has foresight. It is unavoidable. Use greedo special tm removal on han. He can’t be stunned.

I know there are alot of posts around that pretty much says the same thing, but I want to show the absolute minimum. No zetas on any characters, some dont even have their omegas. This squad has an even lower squad power than Ahnaldt101’s squad on youtube, which has nearly 10k more than mine.

Strategy: Boy I have seen it all. I can even recite how many “R” and “A” in chewies rawr, and how han keep saying “Chewie, over there!”

Here’s the Strategy:

1. First, the enemy will take a crazy amount of turn. Make sure Dengar is critcally hit and goes into stealth, while r2 wastes his smoke screen. Boba CANNOT be ability blocked, Greedo CANNOT die or be ability blocked, Cad bane CANNOT die or be ability blocked, IG88 CAN DIE, boba CAN DIE ONCE.

2. Execute on Chewie. LAND healing immunity. Greedo uses TM REMOVAL special on HAN. Cad Bane STUNS R2 EVEN WITH FORESIGHT (check Tip 6)

3. IG88/ Cad bane CAN DIE. Greedo MUST LIVE until he land detonators. You need AT LEAST 2 on ALL ENEMIES, with ONE MUST BE ON CHEWBACCA.

4. Dengar calls BOBA to assist on Chewbacca (detonator acts as debuff, only 60% chance to assist still)

5. Chewbacca MUST DIE to BOBA, with Boba regaining hunter’s resolve

6. Pray to god han doesn’t stun lock you. My dengar died right here with leia, han, lando and r2 all alive with protection. Probably because his health is too low and died to the burning or aoe. If possible keep him alive, but if only Boba remains, KEEP GOING.

7. Boba basic/ execute on HAN, HAN MUST DIE/ DIE TO DOTs with NO COUNTER (50% chance) triggers CONTRACT.

8. Focus all firepower on HOTH leia since her aoe lands ability block. All the while r2 can burn, can smoke screen (use aoe to kill leia), can basic(most dangerous since he can stun lock you) PRAY to god leia dies and you keep hunter’s resolve.

9. KILL LANDO.

10. 1 V 1 r2. He is all that stands between you and chewbacca. VERY IMPORTANT: r2 will use smoke screen to gain foresight. SAVE your execute to get pass the foresight. USE BASIC to attack and land DOTs DO NOT USE ABILITY BLOCK. It will force him to use basic which means higher chance to get stun locked. Also the damage is too low on the aoe.

11. Mental breakdown as you try again.

Screenshots of mods per request:

]]]]]
Post edited by Aplus on

Replies

• Regarding Tip 1, I think it is safe to assume it is based off from Hoth Leia’s leadership which gives tm first time a rebel ally resist/ suffer a debuff, which also explains why it is difficult to land detonators on the enemy team sometimes.

Moreover, there is a FINE line of balance in dengars MINI MINE MAYHEM, since he GAINS tm from people evading his attack... I am sure my run had ONE enemy evading (highly possible to be r2 given smoke screen gives foresight) since my dengar gained around half a bar of tm, which in turn allowed me to call boba to assist on dengar basic faster.

Note: I know mini mine mayhem inflicts status based on critical hits, but it’s near impossible for enemies to have suffered 3 critical hit (obviously since han and leia are guarded and cant be critically hit while it’s near impossible to get all three crits on chewbacca lando and r2). Don’t bother triggering that effect.
  • this is an excellent result. you're cool!! :)
  • Nicely put together... I myself cannot stand watching the scene of **** landing and the both of them trying to open a door 500 times.
  • This strategy is great - followed it with similar mods beat it 7* within 5 tries (obviously large amount of luck involved as well) albeit my power is a bit higher at 88k. Nicely put together and easy to follow
  • My power is like 85k and no matter what just so many turns of pain. CG screwed the community once again. One day karma will get them back. Greedy twits.
  • DavjonLeEau
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    What was your sets/speed/potency. I didnt see your link or screen shots.
    I've got g12 boba, dengar 11, greedo 11, 88 11, zam 10, cad 10. All omegas, no zetas. And no matter which 5 i use, i cant find a good ratio of speed to potency. I mod for potency (combined 500%) but lose too much speed so lose a couple after 1 of mine takes a turn. I mod for speed all around 200-240 and i lose multiples because potency is too low.
    Swgoh.gg/u/davjon/
    Post edited by DavjonLeEau on
  • What was your sets/speed/potency. I didnt see your link or screen shots.
    I've got g12 boba, dengar 11, greedo 11, 88 11, zam 10, cad 10. All omegas, no zetas. And no matter which 5 i use, i cant find a good ratio of speed to potency. I mod for potency (combined 500%) but lose too much speed so lose a couple after 1 of mine takes a turn. I mod for speed all around 200-240 and i lose multiples because potency is too low.

I updated the post with screenshots of mods! Hopefully it helps.
  • This is fantastic and I love your use of PRAY in every step...I won't have 7* BH until next time around but I will probably come back to this post then. Thank you!
  • #11 is my fave, but ty for posting all
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I’m running the same team as you so it’s awesome to see this. Gives me hope for five or maybe six stars I’ll have to see. Great post :)
  • Wow thank you! Myself and a few of my guildmates (all f2p) just got chewie to 5* with this strategy! I did not end up changing my mods around, but I have slightly better gear levels. Also I have zam instead of cad.
    My greedo died in first volley, and zam right after she got her detonators set. Ig88 died after a few turns as well, maybe 1-3. So mostly dengar and boba against them all. Boba kept dying, so I had to be strategic with not killing anyone in a row to save them for boba to regain bh resolve.
  • Thank you. I ended up getting 7 stars finally. Gear 12 zboba (248), zgreedo(216)(died in first wave), gear 11 dengar(206), gear 10 cad(204) and zam(206). Put offence set(crit damage tri) on boba. Everyone else got potency. I was lucky i zetad boba. It saved me and got me the win.
  • I went with a modified version of this, but i pulled off 7star with g12 boba, g11 greedo, g10 cad, zam and dengar. I think my missing piece was using greedo to kill tm on han when the time was right.
  • I've got a good enough team to try this, but I can't even get close to killing anyone. By the time I get one or two shots off I'm down to one or two toons. G12 Boba (216) G11: Dengar (183), Zam (223), Greedo (192), G10: Cad (176). I've got a similar setup but lacking God mods I put speed sets on Greedo and Bane.

Am I just too slow? Any tips?
  • Buckbeak wrote: »
    I've got a good enough team to try this, but I can't even get close to killing anyone. By the time I get one or two shots off I'm down to one or two toons. G12 Boba (216) G11: Dengar (183), Zam (223), Greedo (192), G10: Cad (176). I've got a similar setup but lacking God mods I put speed sets on Greedo and Bane.

Hmm send me a link to your swgoh.gg so I can take a look at your mods!
  • Buckbeak wrote: »
    I've got a good enough team to try this, but I can't even get close to killing anyone. By the time I get one or two shots off I'm down to one or two toons. G12 Boba (216) G11: Dengar (183), Zam (223), Greedo (192), G10: Cad (176). I've got a similar setup but lacking God mods I put speed sets on Greedo and Bane.

It took me about an hour with the same team and gear levels. I used 3 arena sets though. They're 100-120speed on my arena team. I tossed my most speed on dengar. Most damage+speed on boba, and a crit damage cc set on greedo. Full potency sets on zam and cad, but one of them was still 80 speed. Over all 5 i had roughly 330% potency
  • I need dengar..how bout a 45 pack please
  • @Aplus thanks so much for this. I had a similar lineup with 82k power and no Zetas and I just unlocked 7 Star Chewy using your strategy. Wasn't even going to try past 5 but saw your post! Awesome work and hope some good Karma goes your way!
  • Aplus wrote: »

Thanks! https://swgoh.gg/p/254893545/
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    Aplus wrote: »

Thanks! https://swgoh.gg/p/254893545/

The speed on Greedo is too low (169), without the TM removal from Greedo Han will call mass assist on one of you toons and killing them immediately. You would need at least 220-230 speed on him so he can actually get his tm removal on Han. There should be a moment in your run where Greedo is looking at Han with near 80-90% tm while R2 has 70% tm.

If your mods secondary stats can't boost Greedo up to 220, consider putting a speed set on him, since your overall potency is already VERY high. My overall potency is closer to 320%, and that's mainly because my toons are lower geared and needed that extra health. You are currently sitting at 420%+ Potency, and it wouldn't hurt to sacrifice some of that for extra speed.

Also, consider swapping out ZAM for IG88, since in the very unlikely event that IG88 survives, he can land a debuff on basic (Health immunity) which gives +15 speed for your bounty hunters. DO NOT use his AOE since it is likely it will be countered. However, if ZAM actually gets to use her basic to give tm that would be great as well. In any case, Zam/IG88 should only act as cannon fodder. The MVPs are BOBA, DENGAR and Greedo.
  • Sounds like really great advice. I just put an arena kit on Greedo and got him up to 210 and killed Chewie on my first try. I'll report back if I have better luck.
  • Oh, ****! Got it down to R2 and Lando, but lost hunters resolve and that was that. Definitely good advice. I'm starting to believe I can do it now. Thanks!
  • Thanks Aplus,

Been a forum lurker for a long time, but had to join to say thank you. I modded to get similar speed and potency to you, and got 7 star Chewie on about the 20th go (I have a zeta on Boba). Thanks again mate, you’re a legend.
  • Thanks for the advice, finally did it with the same comp, except with better gear but worse mods. The key is not to give up when you get wiped, the results vary wildly between runs.
    Edit: This strategy requires GOD MODS. Squad power is sitting at 79k. Boba has TWO 6-E mods.

Hey all. I’m the same guy who posted a guide to the “last resort for thrawn event 7*” and that was also a very minimum g7/8 to 7* thrawn which took over 200 tries. This time, we step it up.

My squad: G12 boba(L), G11 ig88, G9 dengar, G8 greedo, g8 cad bane. I want to list speed only like I did in the thrawn guide, but i think the whole mod set is important this time compared to thrawn event, so I’ll post screenshots or link to my swgoh gg if needed so you can check my mods.

First off, some tips for the event: (some you might know, just wanna give a headsup)

1. Chewie has some sort of unique from Hoth Leia that gives him 30% tm everytime he’s hit. Use that to speed up the detonators, so it gives tm under boba lead

3. Leia doesn’t always use aoe on first turn, and r2 doesn’t always smoke screen/ burn.

4. Counter chance on Han is not 100%. Might be a reskin of Raid Han which means he has 50%.

5. Greedo detonators, unlike dengar, blow up after ONE turn, which gives tm to whole team.

6. Use cad bane stun on r2 even if he has foresight. It is unavoidable. Use greedo special tm removal on han. He can’t be stunned.

I know there are alot of posts around that pretty much says the same thing, but I want to show the absolute minimum. No zetas on any characters, some dont even have their omegas. This squad has an even lower squad power than Ahnaldt101’s squad on youtube, which has nearly 10k more than mine.

Strategy: Boy I have seen it all. I can even recite how many “R” and “A” in chewies rawr, and how han keep saying “Chewie, over there!”

Here’s the Strategy:

1. First, the enemy will take a crazy amount of turn. Make sure Dengar is critcally hit and goes into stealth, while r2 wastes his smoke screen. Boba CANNOT be ability blocked, Greedo CANNOT die or be ability blocked, Cad bane CANNOT die or be ability blocked, IG88 CAN DIE, boba CAN DIE ONCE.

2. Execute on Chewie. LAND healing immunity. Greedo uses TM REMOVAL special on HAN. Cad Bane STUNS R2 EVEN WITH FORESIGHT (check Tip 6)

3. IG88/ Cad bane CAN DIE. Greedo MUST LIVE until he land detonators. You need AT LEAST 2 on ALL ENEMIES, with ONE MUST BE ON CHEWBACCA.

4. Dengar calls BOBA to assist on Chewbacca (detonator acts as debuff, only 60% chance to assist still)

6. Pray to god han doesn’t stun lock you. My dengar died right here with leia, han, lando and r2 all alive with protection. Probably because his health is too low and died to the burning or aoe. If possible keep him alive, but if only Boba remains, KEEP GOING.

7. Boba basic/ execute on HAN, HAN MUST DIE/ DIE TO DOTs with NO COUNTER (50% chance) triggers CONTRACT.

8. Focus all firepower on HOTH leia since her aoe lands ability block. All the while r2 can burn, can smoke screen (use aoe to kill leia), can basic(most dangerous since he can stun lock you) PRAY to god leia dies and you keep hunter’s resolve.

9. KILL LANDO.

10. 1 V 1 r2. He is all that stands between you and chewbacca. VERY IMPORTANT: r2 will use smoke screen to gain foresight. SAVE your execute to get pass the foresight. USE BASIC to attack and land DOTs DO NOT USE ABILITY BLOCK. It will force him to use basic which means higher chance to get stun locked. Also the damage is too low on the aoe.

]]]]]

One thing to mention that you can’t see in the pick is mod greedo for CC via the traingle primary and mod secondaries. The extra TMR on han plus the faster turn around to thermals really helps.
  • Thanks man ! I followed your instructions and got my 6* chewie thanks to you !!!
    Great post :):)

Here’s the Strategy:

9. KILL LANDO.

]]]]]
    Aplus wrote: »

Thx man! I followed a part of ur strategy and it helped me a lot! Ive unlocked chewie 7*!!
  • Thanks man ! I followed your instructions and got my 6* chewie thanks to you !!!
    Great post :):)

Np buddy!
    Olddumper wrote: »
    One thing to mention that you can’t see in the pick is mod greedo for CC via the traingle primary and mod secondaries. The extra TMR on han plus the faster turn around to thermals really helps.

Yes, it's a Crit Triangle!

• https://swgoh.gg/p/488355697/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    Please help me! I want to 7* him so badly but am losing hope
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/488355697/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    Please help me! I want to 7* him so badly but am losing hope

There are three main problems I see. Greedo is too slow at 210 speed, I would recommend switching some of your better arena mods or your speed mods on ig88 to greedo to speed him up.

Secondly, the overall potency for your squad is only around 220% with ig88 severely lacking at 18%. If you check my mods you can see mine are running at 320% potency. The 100% dodference means 50% difference in maximum health. You need to equip more potency mods. Consider swapping out the speed mods on ig88 for a pure potency sets to maximize the teams health since ig88 is mostly cannon fodder.

Thirdly, the gear level of BOBA is at g11. This means the damage output is going to be lower than a g12 boba which I recommended. As such, you will need to boost his offense ALOT. However, you are currently not using any critical damage sets or offense sets on him, which means his execute will lose alot of power especially when handling Chewie. Definitely swap in some crit damage sets and offense sets. I would recommend staying AWAY from crit chance sets, since although they give higher crit chance, this is a thing you can BYPASS by good RNG. More runs= more chances with crit hits. You don’t really want to boost it real high just for convenience, especially considering your damage is comparatively low already.