The absolute lowest gear for chewbacca Tier 7 (includes strat)

13Next

Replies

• Tried a lot of times but cannot even get close. Got a 6* but aiming for 7 of course.

https://swgoh.gg/p/389742361/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Any idea what i need to change?
  • Nice work! Got my 7* today with your strat. The step-by-step conditionals were really helpful and basically worked exactly as you described.
  • I got 7* Chewy with zBoba (G12+3, 241spd), IG-88 (G11+2, 165spd), Zam (G11+0, 205spd), Bane (G10+3, 172spd), and Dengar (G9+3, 192spd). Total potency for the squad was 468.41.

If things haven't changed (I actually just logged in for the first time since March, just to get Chewy, so I'm really not sure if it's changed or not), Boba's lead would give half of the group's potency (so 234.2%) times Boba's modded health (in my case, 23592) for an additional 55205 health to each Bounty Hunter. For me, that puts IG-88 and Zam right at 90k total h/p each, Bane and Dengar are right at 96k each, and Boba is just shy of 105k total h/p.

So if you're trying this strategy and keep dying before you can do any damage, I'd suggest the following... Mod everybody with as much potency as you can get. Then, mod Boba with offense/cc/cd, with a solid a lean toward health wherever you can get it. The greater the total potency of the squad, and the more health Boba has, the more durable the whole squad becomes.

Good luck.
  • RogiWan wrote: »
    Tried a lot of times but cannot even get close. Got a 6* but aiming for 7 of course.

https://swgoh.gg/p/389742361/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Any idea what i need to change?

I'd say speed is the main problem at first glance. Other than Boba (and maybe Greedo), your other Hunters are crazy slow compared to the Rebel team.
  • Bossk zeta lead will do it :)
  • Thanks to your amazingly well explained strategy I was able to get a 7* Chewie.

I used a similar team (zBoba lead G12. 2, Dengar G11.2, Greedo G11, Cad Bane G9 and Zam G8.4) and tuned my mods as close as the ones you described in this post as I could.
    My Boba was slower than yours, with only 237 speed. Anyway I keept trying because a buddy of mine told me he got his Chewie by following your strategy, and his Boba was at 239 speed.

So, thanks again for posting this, it was more than helpful!!!
  • I finally beat Tier 7 last night using g12 zBoba (L), g11 Greedo, g11 Cad Bane, g9 Zam, g9 Dengar. I basically did the battle over and over during the Cubs/Rockies game. Eventually, I got lucky and everything fell into place. I did have close to 500% total potency via mods. Otherwise, my squad was way underpowered.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    I’m not gonna get 7* chewie. I’ve found that ahnald’s no zeta and no bossk is ****! I have higher potency than his and a zeta boba. Either there’s more to that ig-88 zeta he says doesn’t matter or he’s playing with higher stats than he showed! I’ve been lucky a couple times in 3 days and actually killed one opposing toon. See ya in 6 months OT chewie! Good luck everyone else!

This. I love Ahnald but **** him for that video. It made me think I could do it all week with my better BHs than his. Hour & 40 minutes my ****, I tried ALL WEEK. Made me actually think he was lying in the video in some sort of Gamechanger/CG conspiracy thing.

I may need to put this game down for a while. Or forever.
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What I don't understand, if my Boba has 215 speed, why is Chewie getting to take two turns after I take my first round of turns? I'm not talking about all the "bonus" attacks that happen. Chewie takes a turn, Han and ROLO do their bonus attacks and then Chewie takes ANOTHER turn after they are done.

And no, I'm not trying AoEs or anything that causes them to "resist" debuffs so that ROLO's lead gives TM.

What is giving Chewie that much turn meter that he gets to take two turns before I get my second turn?
  • Ugh, the RNG of this event is seriously kittening me off. If I get one thing to go well i.e. Han's initial turn to hit IG-88, then Dengar won't go under stealth on Chewie's AOE. Or the attack will hit Greedo and just barely leave him alive, Dengar stealths, but R2 burns killing Greedo. OR Boba will get ability blocked, or Bossk will get ability blocked/stunned or any of the various ways RNG is an absolute mess this event. I get making it hard, but I shouldn't have to hope that 6 different elements all line up to get a freaking character. *insert gif of anger from Inside Out*
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    I’m not gonna get 7* chewie. I’ve found that ahnald’s no zeta and no bossk is ****! I have higher potency than his and a zeta boba. Either there’s more to that ig-88 zeta he says doesn’t matter or he’s playing with higher stats than he showed! I’ve been lucky a couple times in 3 days and actually killed one opposing toon. See ya in 6 months OT chewie! Good luck everyone else!

This. I love Ahnald but **** him for that video. It made me think I could do it all week with my better BHs than his. Hour & 40 minutes my ****, I tried ALL WEEK. Made me actually think he was lying in the video in some sort of Gamechanger/CG conspiracy thing.

I may need to put this game down for a while. Or forever.

The closest I got was thanks to the original poster! I dumped ahnalds **** and got so close. His speed was too much for me to match and he didnt use a zeta I believe. I still don’t understand why my zeta boba wasn’t able to match his victory but his detailed step by step approach was very helpful. Thank you so much OP! Ahnald can shove it! Not accurate at all! Don’t think it’s a camechanger conspiracy but I think his video was of a t6 completion and not a t7. The bonus hits did not match my experience and I tried more than a thousand times!

And another thing! The mandatory cutscene was longer than every battle I had! Pretty pathetic EA/CG! Let us skip the cutscenes so we have more time to try and defeat it! Could have had so many more RNG attempts if you hadn’t gone this route that disrespects the time of your consumers. Pretty big mistake that you should have known would be a problem. I just can’t fathom what goes through your heads when releasing new material.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Wait a minute. Anhalt video is super fun. Kudos to him. Well this event is really hard however it lies down the level of difficulty we should expect for any future legendary so let’s start gearing the toons for the next one.

Good luck all
  • Germi wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Anhalt video is super fun. Kudos to him. Well this event is really hard however it lies down the level of difficulty we should expect for any future legendary so let’s start gearing the toons for the next one.

Good luck all

With the teams that people are showing as "here's what I got it with" it merely shows that this was all about getting the perfect RNG to finish this event. Nothing more. I had the same gear level and toons as APlus and I can't even count the amount of times I retreat and restarted and/or failed because my Boba with 50% crit chance was only doing a crit 1 in 10 attempts, or my Greedo (the few times he lived) only shot once, even "if" he got a crit the first time. Twice in all my attempts my Greedo shot more than once. I pushed my Boba to gear 12, put all the left side gear on him, and he still hit like rubbish (216% CD). (In fact, he was hitting 40K with execute on TWO buffs but only 52K on FOUR buffs, explain that one math wizards.)

Ahnald's video was fun to see. But, it merely showed that RNG is the only reason some people got 7* chewie. Good for them for having that luck though. Maybe next time I'll get that lucky, or by then I'll have 7* Bossk or 7* Jango so I can just put it on auto and wait. (That is IF they take the stupid cut scene out the next time) Though I figure they'll put Jango on a 20-energy node in fleet, or in dark side. lol

All the same, thanks for your input on this one APlus, it was awesome of you to do this and explain the requirements. You rock dude!
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Hey all thanks for all the support and I am really glad for all those who got chewie one way or the other. I’ve been a little busy and am unable to reply to everyone’s inquiry on how to improve their teams, but here’s a few on the list to check:

1. Make sure to get BOBA GREEDO DENGAR speed up, with boba and greedo at least 230. Boba needs to be fast to survive near the endgame and greedo needs to be fast to remove that tm from han, otherwise the second mass assist will definitely ruin the run.

2. zbossk users: don’t stack potency mods! The only reason you are stacking potency is because of boba’s lead. With bossk you definitely want defense/health sets with PROTECTION > health mods. That is because you only gain that defense bonus when you have max. Health, and you want to prolong that period as long as possible by stacking protection.

3. Whether it is possible without dengar/boba/any particular person: Honestly, I want to say yes it is possible but even with this strategy there are already so much RNG involved that this is barely called a strategy rather than a RNG roulette. Without dengar/ boba you are losing out on alot of damage and cant get past that smoke screen from r2 which is losing out on ALOT of damage and taking ALOT longer to burn through r2 and get to chewie which renders our run at this gear level impossible. So I am more inclined to say that at least DENGAR BOBA AND GREEDO is a must. Think of it this way: can thrawn event be won using phoenix without hera lead? Sure it’s possible but it’s not smart and very difficult. You always have that 0.0001% that every enemy misses all their attack right? Haha.

• Snaut
    1 posts Member
    Thank you for this guide! After so many tries I made it following your instructions. It was Boba lead squad (t11) Cad Bane (t11), Dengar (t9), Greedo (t9) and Jango (t10) instead of Ig-88. No zetas. In my case it was Jango who survived until Lando and r2 and killed them both.