Who's given up farming mods with mod energy?

Prev13
maraJade789
289 posts Member
edited September 2018
Rolls are useless on everything but gold mods now, greens, blues and purples don't even roll on existing stats, rather just on new stats, from my experience. After vigorous mod farming since they were introduced, it's just a waste in my opinion now. unless whites are sought after and upgraded. All I'm doing doing is scrounging through my inventory, and hoping for rolls on mods that had some decent secondaries. I reckon the game's backfired, now that we don't want conventional farms anymore. Your thoughts on the subject are appreciated. As a long-term player, I believe the system of good farms is now truly broken (for the worse) and NEEDS revamping.
Post edited by maraJade789 on

Replies

• Options
    Stop charging for mod swaps would make life easier
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    really a different issue, but yeah, I'd back that
    not financially, spend enough on game as is
    With the old system. If a green mod had +5 speed and no other stats.
    Then when you upgraded it to level 3 you was 100 % sure to get speed on that roll
    After that you just got the secondary 3 slots filled out.
    With blue mods you had 2 x chances on 50 % to land speed .
    But that was the old system

Now barely ever even get rolls on existing stats for blues and purples as well, and they are more costly and rare
  • Options
    i'm slicing untill i run out of mods that are worth slicing, then i'm going back to mod farming.
    Chances of speed upgrading are lower, but the chance of getting speed that can upgrade is higher. I've had multiple blue and purple mods without a speed secondary that upgraded to 10 speed + without slicing.
  • Options
    Slicing green mods with speed is not bad.
  • Options
    Farmed mods from store only before 2.0, still keeping it that way. If I ever run out of mods worth slicing, I might start farming them from battles...
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Boov, in the original system, blues and purples would often give 10+ speed. It's just gotten much worse and unpredictable farming. Store may have a gold from time to time like Nauros says.
  • Options
    Boov, in the original system, blues and purples would often give 10+ speed.

Thats something called luck...
  • Options
    Sadly the drop rates on anything beyond greys is horrible so farming feels completely useless. It’s much easier to get slicing mats but if you don’t already have the mods you want it’s a waste.
  • Options
    Boov, in the original system, blues and purples would often give 10+ speed. It's just gotten much worse and unpredictable farming. Store may have a gold from time to time like Nauros says.

That's why i said chances of speed upgrading are lower.
  • Options
    IDK why, posted a vote earlier, but guys said they were happy, were they new players, unknowledgeable about the original system of rolls? NOT including the thing with greens either, just before the bait and switch of mods 2,0
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182888/would-you-like-to-see-the-new-2-0-mods-current-system-for-upgrades-improved#latest

Would you like to see the new 2.0 mods current system for upgrades improved? 15 votes
    Yes, I'd like to revert to the previous system of rolls on new mods with respect to greens, blues and purple mods
    33% 5 votes
    No, I'm happy with the current system

• maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    voted 2 vs 1, it still means that a third of guys are UNHAPPY if the developers who craft the game, we're supposed to love not hate are reading

maybe a better poll needs to be taken, ? was the wording unclear, or were guys thinking about mods with 6* when they voted, bc I voted for 6* mods as well
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In the old mod system a mod that didnt have speed visible was completely useless, now with those mods they have a chance to show speed.

Considering the average drop rate of something with speed was not great, you have a better chance to have a mod with speed roll. Then with slicing you have a chance for any mod with speed to be one of your best mods. They made the process longer to get there, but overall you have a better chance to get a valuable speed mod (something 10+)
  • Options
    I farm daily, including all three 50-crystal refreshes.

As a player who did not have a broad selection of mods built up, the change really helped me by opening up the different mod type challenges and by freeing up all my cantina energy for character shard farming.
  • Options
    Now that there is Mission, T3 and Q’ira to farm I will not be farming mods for months. I have a large collection of mods though.
  • Options
    I still Farm mods because it's the cheapest way (crystal wise) to earn currency (by selling bad mods and keeping good ones.)

Also, the drop rate for purple ability mats is around 25% or more if I had to guess.
  • Options

Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Now that there is Mission, T3 and Q’ira to farm I will not be farming mods for months. I have a large collection of mods though.

different type of energy buddy
  • Options
    I still can't believe the amount of 3 dot mods I get from tier 3 challenges. My gold and purple mod drops are almost non existent and I've sold almost 100 grey mods from 4 days of farming mods. There should not be 3 dot mods in the last levrl of the challenge.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the old mod system a mod that didnt have speed visible was completely useless, now with those mods they have a chance to show speed.

Considering the average drop rate of something with speed was not great, you have a better chance to have a mod with speed roll. Then with slicing you have a chance for any mod with speed to be one of your best mods. They made the process longer to get there, but overall you have a better chance to get a valuable speed mod (something 10+)

Not disagreeing that can get better mods from SLICING. HOWEVER, the title of this post in "Who's given up farming mods with mod energy?" The point being here, is that FARMING is no longer decent for getting good mods, or at par with what it used to be. There is more RNG and more cost at getting mods with very good speed, + 15 say, than there used to be. In fact the quality of mods is being watered down, if one can make a very general broad-based statement.

I'm saddened that I can't get anything good anymore, to the level of what I used to have in my inventory. I used to invest 3 refreshes per day on mods. NOW I DON'T WANT TO SPEND ANYTHING. So with or without the SLICING I can't build the same quality tier mods, that I am currently slicing. This is fine for newer players perhaps, since they may not have many higher tier quality mods (largely in regards to speed).
  • Options
    Having mostly missed the previous iteration of mods due to being away from the game, I'm fine with this system. Yes, you mostly get trashy grey mods, but I actually get a decent amount of credits from selling them all off, which isn't a terrible consolation prize. And while the rate of anything better than grey is indeed pretty bad, I still manage to snag a serviceable mod every few days.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not disagreeing that can get better mods from SLICING. HOWEVER, the title of this post in "Who's given up farming mods with mod energy?" The point being here, is that FARMING is no longer decent for getting good mods, or at par with what it used to be. There is more RNG and more cost at getting mods with very good speed, + 15 say, than there used to be. In fact the quality of mods is being watered down, if one can make a very general broad-based statement.

I'm saddened that I can't get anything good anymore, to the level of what I used to have in my inventory. I used to invest 3 refreshes per day on mods. NOW I DON'T WANT TO SPEND ANYTHING. So with or without the SLICING I can't build the same quality tier mods, that I am currently slicing. This is fine for newer players perhaps, since they may not have many higher tier quality mods (largely in regards to speed).

Pre slicing you have better chances for mods with the same speed associated with any tier.

Any green, blue, or purple can offer upgraded speed secondaries not just ones that roll it in the first roll. In the old system most of those mods would just be immediate junk. Never mind the added ability to slice.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah, well I hate the new system of farmed mods. Nothing decent is coming out of it.

All the work I've dedicated to the game, my time, my energy, and coin for developing a strong inventory of mods, seems like now there's a drought, unless I want to get crueled by the RNG of slicing what I consider to be poor quality mods with too much RNG deciding the fate of my investments.

Why would a perfectly good system be discarded? Is it to promote the slicing system? Because as you just said yourself:

"Pre slicing you have better chances for mods with the same speed associated with any tier."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, well I hate the new system of farmed mods. Nothing decent is coming out of it.

Maybe you are just blocking out all the bad runs from before. The ones where you get a rainbow of color, and no speed...... or the run where you get a few with speed and you just watch it sit there as you dump in resources to get a mod with a great flat health boost...

I agree there is an increased cost, but with the price reduction it's not as bad as it was to find no speed, or not hit speed.
  • Options

Pre slicing you have better chances for mods with the same speed associated with any tier.

Any green, blue, or purple can offer upgraded speed secondaries not just ones that roll it in the first roll. In the old system most of those mods would just be immediate junk. Never mind the added ability to slice.

I suck at math, but here we go:
    pre-update we had 1 chance to get upgradable speed out of 12 possible secondaries (8.3%). That secondary would however upgrade 100% of the time. So out of every 1000 green mods you farmed, rougly 83 would have upgraded speed.
    post-update we have 4 chances to get upgradable speed out of 12 possible secondaries (38.5%?)
    1/12 + 1/11 + 1/10 + 1/9 = 38.5% (please correct me if i'm wrong)
    . The chance the speed secondary upgrades is only 25% though. So out of every 1000 green mods you currently farm rougly 96 will have upgraded speed.
    I must be doing something wrong because i was expecting it to be worse post-update lmao
  • Options
    I never farmed mods anyway. Get mine from mod store, and i have enough that I've been forced to sell many times to make room for new ones.
  • Options
    I’ve stopped for now because I have so many many many mods on so many characters (I got tired of switching, so I just opted to mod everyone a long time ago.) most of them are blues and greens (I sold off whites because in the time it took me to get a crit damage triangle, speed arrow, or potency cross I would get a bunch of squares, diamonds, and circles of better quality) and slicing them to gold isn’t that hard.

The problem folks fall into is making a handful of best sets, then equipping those on everyone. It’s a lot easier to make a handful of best sets and then a bunch of good enough sets.

So, long story short, at the moment I don’t need more mods, I need better mods. Slicing makes existing stuff better, ergo I slice.

Sliced a white with +3 speed into a gold with +9. So I don’t know why people are so down on everything except golds... Just takes a little more time, is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’ve stopped for now because I have so many many many mods on so many characters (I got tired of switching, so I just opted to mod everyone a long time ago.) most of them are blues and greens (I sold off whites because in the time it took me to get a crit damage triangle, speed arrow, or potency cross I would get a bunch of squares, diamonds, and circles of better quality) and slicing them to gold isn’t that hard.

The problem folks fall into is making a handful of best sets, then equipping those on everyone. It’s a lot easier to make a handful of best sets and then a bunch of good enough sets.

So, long story short, at the moment I don’t need more mods, I need better mods. Slicing makes existing stuff better, ergo I slice.

Sliced a white with +3 speed into a gold with +9. So I don’t know why people are so down on everything except golds... Just takes a little more time, is all.

I like your strategy in general, but a +9 speed isn't that exciting.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Boov, in the original system, blues and purples would often give 10+ speed.

Thats something called luck...

No. It’s called Math. I don’t mind the update because it basically sealed the order for best mods. Green and Blue mods were nerfed into garbage. I’m glad my mods were in place before the update. Sorry to all who hadn’t yet built up a strong supply.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

different type of energy buddy

Not quite. I believe the poster was inferring to using crystals to buy energy. Yes the energy for mods & cantina are different, but you have to manage crystal consumption to replenish both energies. If your priority is cantina, mods miss out.

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

That’s just not true at all. The way things are now if mods white through blue are veritable junk. Blue mods showing speed used to have a 1 in 4 chance of speed rolling twice. You can’t find that kind of value anymore. I wrote out the math on it one day. Basically if you slice all your mods to gold now you can get the same speeds you got pre mod roll nerf. Basically you go through the process of slicing for no added gain now.

In a short and easy way to understand it, they turned all mods into gold mods but those who have a large inventory of pre-rolled blue and green mods have a large set of mods starting with a huge advantage. This is like precrafting 2.0.
  • Options
    I did not restart mod farming, went straight to slicing components