Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Personally, I think that Nihilus protection recovery is still an issue.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek

Like it's not WAI? Or you want to just go in and beat the straw out of him with no strategy whatsoever?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    So, just for a short check up on my side:
    Skimming through all the pages of this thread it occurs to me, that the jump from T6 to heroic is ridiculous.
    50-60M Guild Power and people are doing T6 at a almost reasonable pace.
    But you need at least 110-120M-ish to complete heroic?
    While, I much prefer the new reworked HP, I still think that jump has bad math. I understand +25%, +50% maybe even +75% additional power needed, but outright doubled effort? Keep in mind, that not just HP are changing through the tiers! Pretty sure I am alone with that thinking especially since all the "elitist Traya owners" want to stay where they are and thinking about the next Raid (because they didn't and won't have much troubles anyways)

- Germany strikes back again
    What GP is your Guild?
    - 53 M rounded up
    What tiers did your Guild try?
    - Tier 1 to Tier 6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    - Hard to tell, I never really looked into it. I think when the STR first started we just started a T4 Raid and aborted after 2 weeks without beating Nihilus. T5 takes around 3-4 days. T6 - which we are trying currently - took 2 days for 50% of Nihilus. I guess we'll take 10-14 day-ish?
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    - Well, to be frank. I just do it for additional Currency and some extra gear shards. STR is just a chore to receive some stuff that we already get through HRR and HAAT. Sooo... meh?
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    - Not unless there is a new max level and easy to get G12+ gear. Even with "easy" STR we're not going to double our GP anytime soon. Problem is: people join, then leave in flocks because we cannot do Traya (although they join with like 750K-1M GP themselves, so they don't even carry their own weight, really)
    Which change did you like the most?
    - Reduced HP because I kept saying this is ridiciulous high.
    Which change did you like the least?
    - JTR nerf is still in place, although the massive HP is gone. Since STR HP was basically the only reason to nerf her, how about rebuffing her? According to the messages before from your official side it wouldnt be really noticable in the other Raids and T6 is still of NO consequence speedwise anyways. Besides that I keep arguing that an Expose nerf was the wrong decision althogether, as that basically says "we either get rid of Expose or growing Healthpools" because if the next Raid doubles the HP Expose deals relative double damage and would need to be nerfed again. At one point that would lead to -in relativity- no additional damage in all Raids but the newest.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    - I personally like that you FINALLY listened to the outcries of the community although it took forever. MAYBE it is time to understand that the community wants to work WITH you, not AGAINST you! And sometimes we might know better ourselves, what's better for us even if your data says something else. It is A LOT about personal and thus subjective and irrational feelings.
    Bonus
    - HONESTLY, you are SLOWLY earning some trust back, at least from my side. I like how some things changed. Yet, there is still room for improvement! Something like a more frequently update on the game state, what you are thinking about etc would be nice. Maybe official polls on features we'd like to see included. I am sure you are listening and would wish to include the same things we want and there are always restrictions: time, resources, schedules, etc. ... We just want to be heard, to be involved. There are so many other games out there that works a lot closer with the community. Think about it.

Post edited by Cossin on
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Chucko_marek

Like it's not WAI? Or you want to just go in and beat the straw out of him with no strategy whatsoever?

Personal opinion, but after several months of frustrating raids, I don't really care.
  • Options
    Just completed tier 6, I was #4 in damage output...
    f7sn38dl6dsb.png
    8ozs7y907rtf.png
    pn83o29p7s12.png
  • Options
    Just completed tier 6, I was #4 in damage output...
    f7sn38dl6dsb.png
    8ozs7y907rtf.png
    pn83o29p7s12.png

Man that is MAD progression right there!!
  • Jurek_Yeroc
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    4SS4SS1NS
    • What GP is your Guild? 93M
    • What tiers did your Guild try? T6
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? T6 = 5 days first try (previously we were doing T5 in 5 days)
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? Definitely
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Hopefully, but there seems to be so much planning and coordination for Heroic based on what we've read previously, that I'm still concerned.
    • Which change did you like the most? Reduced boss health
    • Which change did you like the least? Phase 1 - Nihlius summoning guards also immediately reduces his Annihilate cooldown, which was not previously the case - so he can summon then immediately Annihilate.
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update? Much better.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek

I guess to expound upon it further, since the raid is a reoccurring event (ticket dependent with 2-3 raids per week), 7* Traya taking 3.5 to 6 months to 7* and Nihilus not being the only enemy to fight in 2 of the 4 phases, I don't see protection recovery as a necessity to making the raid more difficult, especially in light of him having annihilate. My guild has yet to attempt a tier 7 raid, but from what I've read, is that it difficult enough. We have been working on tier 6, about 25% through phase 4 and its day 4 of the raid. I'm not asking to have 10 members carry the whole guild for 7* Traya, or to be able to solo the entire event. I personally think that the protection recovery aspect is a bit overboard and makes actually playing the raid not enjoyable.
  • Options
    What GP is your Guild? 115,768,544
    What tiers did your Guild try? up to tier 6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 5-6 days for tier 6
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) The rewards are better
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? The jury is still out on that
    Which change did you like the most? The health reduction is awesome
    Which change did you like the least? Not a change, but lack of change. Nihilus has protection recovery. I think it should be annihilate or protection recovery, not both
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? Better, but I still feel that the overall raid is still cumbersome and with the last several months negatively impacting the raid, I still have not found it entertaining, just something to get through in my daily chores of the game.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek

If he means it neuters too many toons I agree. It basically eliminates way too many toons that rely on their basics or assists to do any damage. This may not be a big problem for hsith but it is still noticeable for the lower tiers where it basically neuters the toons that the game otherwise encourages you to build for that level. I think they've couldve eliminated the protection mechanic for tier 1-5 without ill effect.
  • Options
    What GP is your Guild? 60M GP

What tiers did your Guild try? since the update we have gone from 2-4, doing 5 now

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? we did 2-3 in one day each, 4 in 2-3 days and 5 is looking like 5-7 days, not sure.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) - yes, the rewards are better. They are enough that I will do the raid, but not enough that I will do all 5 attacks each day.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Yes, but not specifically because of the STR raid rewards,we just have a lot of room to grow overall.

Which change did you like the most? HP reduction makes the raid go faster. Yay.

Which change did you like the least? Nihilus annihilate is still hard to predict, IMO, because my heroes go faster than him, so I have to guess how many turns I will take before he pops. There isn't enough resolution in the turn meters to accurately calculate who will go next. I hate it when I put defense up only to go again right before he does. It's not a big issue like before though, because feel at least partially responsible for any miscalculation.

How has your overall experience changed since the update? It's better, but frankly this raid has such un-fun mechanics and limits the heroes I can use effectively so much that I'm not going to get excited. I will continue to do the raids because I need loot wherever I can get it, but I will also continue to dread doing this raid every day, and not do any more than I have to.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek

If he means it neuters too many toons I agree. It basically eliminates way too many toons that rely on their basics or assists to do any damage. This may not be a big problem for hsith but it is still noticeable for the lower tiers where it basically neuters the toons that the game otherwise encourages you to build for that level. I think they've couldve eliminated the protection mechanic for tier 1-5 without ill effect.

I would say eliminate the protection recovery in general. I've played the raid and tried doing the strategy, and I didn't do that much more damage than I normally do on auto. Not enough where I want to actually play.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    1) 120 Millions
    2) 5, 6 and finally heroic
    3) 5, 6: 2 days, even 3; heroic: some hours, 1 day if there are some issues
    4) No, the randomness still makes possible to get better rewards in 5th to 10th positions than in 1st to 4th positions. Heroic rewards are insanely better than the lower tiers' ones tho. This raid is still pretty much useless if you can't make the heroic tier.
    5) Growing to beat the heroic without having to spend money was one of the hardest things I've ever made in a videogame.
    6) The rewards changes, albeit not totally effective, were pretty nice. Now playing the raid is surely more compelling, but still not quite enough. A lot of people still just straight up hate the raid. Making it less RNG was also pretty nice of you, at least now it's less frustrating. I've never seen things like having to rely on your luck to make more damage to something. I've seen luck playing a big role on rewards, drops and such things, but never on damage. That has always been a matter of skills, but skills are slowly leaving this game to be replaced with how much money you're willing to spend.
    7) In-game changes have always been pretty good to be honest. What is not good is the sneaky money-grabbing which entails everything, covered by a very low communication, which almost sounds mocking most of the times. You just released the most pay-to-play character ever after an apologising campaign for that marquees barrage and promises about more friendliness towards f2ps. These are commonly referred to as "lies". These are the "changes" I like the least.
    8) I just realised that you actually have to spend to be good at the game. I've always been a mod fanatic and I've always believed in the thinking you need to craft a good and effective character. This side of the game is dying as time passes. You spend, you get the good toon, you win even with poor thinking and strategy. I'm not denying that this is the predictable outcome of almost everything which bears the "EA" mark, but I love this game and I'm sad about this anyway.
  • Options
    What GP is your Guild? 55million
    What tiers did your Guild try? Before update 3 & sometimes 4, after always 4 & tried 5.
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 4 much easier now about 1-1.5 days, tier 5 still too long for now
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Only slightly, and only due to doing a higher tier if doing 5 in this case, and also because there is less challenge gear now. HOWEVER, we still need more regular credits, more gear pieces instead of just 4 - 6 pieces which is too low, and we still need more of the MUCH needed gear as promised such as Guns, Cuffs, Carbantis, Furnaces, Pistons, etc in order to progress to next tiers upward. We get more of this gear from HRancor that takes less than 5% of the time to complete.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Only because the health of bosses was lowered, promised rewards were not increased and that is not helping at all. HRancor helps progress in STR, more than STR does, this speaks volumes the rewards are still too weak in STR
    Which change did you like the most? A less random DN makes it much less frustrating and less restarts happen which is good, HOWEVER, Drain Force reducing Annihilate timer is still a BIG problem, because it works on who is debuffed, which is RANDOM, so leaving this aspect means there will still be frustrating restarts.
    Which change did you like the least? Reducing Sions health the same as others, it should have been reduced about only half as much or less. P2 is the easiest by far, and arguably the most fun, and P2 is over TOO FAST, and because you can easily rack up the most dmg here, missing it means placing much lower. For all these reasons Sion's health should actually be increased now by about 35-40% more than it is now.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? Less frustrating & faster biggest positives, rewards still need a bit of work (see above).

• Options
    Interesting to note, you reduced the health of the bosses, but increased the damage they do, and have a hit list on certain heroes. You know the ones. The bosses attack them over and over each turn, more then they should. Yeah those. The more things change the more things stay the same.
  • Options
    I still have a problem with the rewards. I have 6 characters as favorites that range in gear from 8 to 11. We have done 4 6* raids now, I finish top 5 every time except the most recent because I am on vacation, and I have not got one single piece of gear that ANY of those characters require. Heroic requires higher gear levels, so no, the lower levels are not providing the gear needed to make more characters viable. Stuffing a bunch of mod materials in there makes it look better, but I don't have any desire to make my mods 6* if I can only use them with gear 12 characters, which this raid is not helping me acquire. At this rate, my mods will be ready for 6* well before my characters are gear 12 so It won't help me.
  • Options
    Our guild is 133 million GP and we still can’t do HSith because not enough people have the characters that CG has made requirements - for example, JTR for P1, etc.

We crush T6 and do spend most of our time doing that quickly and then waiting days to do yet another T6.

Eight months + after the raid was released and I sit at 0/145 Traya shards; meanwhile all the top spots in my arena shard are populated virtually exclusively by Traya leads.

Yeah, I’m not super thrilled.

That’s not even mentioning the fact that phases 1 and 4 are the worst thing in this game and quite possibly one of the most annoying phases of any game I’ve ever played.
  • Options
    @zaljko_petrescu

P4 with just Traya is one of the most frustrating/over-the-top ridiculous game mechanics I've come across. Literally no reason for it to be like that other than to deplete your already depleted pool of characters. "That'll make it hard."

No. Hard in a game is something that when you've beaten it you feel a sense of accomplishment. With that portion of the raid, when it says "Finalizing Results" I just feel relieved.
  • Options
    @zaljko_petrescu

P4 with just Traya is one of the most frustrating/over-the-top ridiculous game mechanics I've come across. Literally no reason for it to be like that other than to deplete your already depleted pool of characters. "That'll make it hard."

No. Hard in a game is something that when you've beaten it you feel a sense of accomplishment. With that portion of the raid, when it says "Finalizing Results" I just feel relieved.

Agree. It’s just an artificially inflated sense of difficulty, not one that requires any kind of skill to achieve, but rather one that’s more along the lines of “throw as many of your guys into the meat grinder as you have until the boss’s health bar depleates.”. Never mind that it seems like she enraged after about three turns, or that her artificially inflated damage takes out your characters virtually in one hit.

It may be “hard” but it’s certainly not challenging. Nor could it be considered in any way “fun” - unless ones idea of “fun” is to be smacked around with virtually nothing that one can do about it. No amount of “skill” is needed, just certain characters geared to 7*, G12. *yawn*. Here I thought this raid was supposed to be all about “thinking” and “strategizing”? Yeah right - the only strategizing that is needed is which characters to farm and gear. Other than that, strategy is irrelevant.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    They were so concerned with making a raid that wasn't easy they forgot to make it fun and engaging.

Agree with the Traya frustration. Really poorly thought out raid all in the name of making it artificially "challenging".

• Options
    Interesting to note, you reduced the health of the bosses, but increased the damage they do, and have a hit list on certain heroes. You know the ones. The bosses attack them over and over each turn, more then they should. Yeah those. The more things change the more things stay the same.

It's almost as if they did nothing at all.
  • Options

@DuneSeaFarmer They increased the damage? Where’s your evidence for this? And who are the bosses attacking more “then” they should? This sounds like spurious made up claims to me.
  • Options

@DuneSeaFarmer They increased the damage? Where’s your evidence for this? And who are the bosses attacking more “then” they should? This sounds like spurious made up claims to me.

Whatever makes you happy. NOT going to argue, which is your goal. In which case, EPIC FAIL. lol
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    They were so concerned with making a raid that wasn't easy they forgot to make it fun and engaging.

Agree with the Traya frustration. Really poorly thought out raid all in the name of making it artificially "challenging".

Agreed.

At this point though I think what they really need is a major improvement to tier 1-6 rewards. For example tier 5 is more or less supposed to be on par with haat in terms of what gear, modding, and level your toons need to be. But the rewards are inferior to haat.

Now in theory it would make sense for haat to have the better rewards what with being the heroic mode and all, but only if the raids had been released at the same time. As it stands tier 5 sith is generally harder than haat is for most guilds, chiefly because it is a newer raid that has been tuned according to the power creep.

I don't think anything extreme needs to happen but I do think the currency rewards need to be increased by 1.5-2X their current amounts to reflect that what takes 12 hours or less in haat in tier 5 STR can take 1-5 days (depending on the guild).

It is really, really hard to find something fun and engaging if the rewards don't properly reflect the effort involved to earn them. The changes to the mechanics and health were a major good choice, but the rewards need to be improved to reflect that even if tier 5-6 is drawing from the haat loot boxes those STR tiers require vastly more time commitment (and resource commitment) than haat.
  • Options
    I don't like how the only character I have that can reduce TM is Rey Jedi training. Raid Han or Commander Luke don't reduce TM, and they should.
  • Options
    As other folks have mentioned, P4 standalone Traya remains an annoyance. There seems to be no strategy involved, as whatever you do simply makes her strike back more and more often. Eventually she just starts hitting you over and over again till you dead.

It makes literally no sense as any raid mechanic is supposed to have a counter.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading answers to this question “Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?” You cannot receive better rewards as they did not increase rewards. They only increased the chance on the same rewards.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I enjoy reading answers to this question “Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?” You cannot receive better rewards as they did not increase rewards. They only increased the chance on the same rewards.

Just like a college party, quantity over quality.