Sidious' Evasion

Brett
13 posts Member
edited March 2016
Something needs to be done about the +35% evasion chance.

The game is already massively anti-Jedi with characters like Maul dealing DOUBLE damage, Vader and Dooku applying GUARANTEED stuns/ability blocks etc etc, this list goes on. Then apply the fact that not one Jedi, or any other character for that matter, has an anti-Sith ability, not ONE.

But in Darth Sidious, we have a character which is EASILY farmable via Squad Arena tokens and is seen in virtually EVERY single team which you have to come across when entering those battles.

He already has a LOT going for him in the form of healing immunity, AOE+DOT special, healing when characters fall, and an outstanding leader ability in the form of higher crit damage and chance, but the +35% evasion chance really ought to be changed, can the community get behind this and apply pressure for something to be done, even if it's giving Jedi some anti-Sith abilities!

Replies

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    He has no HP and heal immunity almost never hits at high levels with his potency and he doesn't hit hard. The only good thing is his leader ability and if you don't have him as lead then he's just wasting space
  • Options
    Someone has a Jedi team! Lmao.
  • Brett
    13 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    He has no HP and heal immunity almost never hits at high levels with his potency and he doesn't hit hard. The only good thing is his leader ability and if you don't have him as lead then he's just wasting space

This thread is about his anti-Jedi stature, it doesn't matter if he has low HP if you can barely hit him in the first place!
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Don't use Jedi to attack to him, use your other heroes
    [SöD]
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Brett wrote: »

This thread is about his anti-Jedi stature, it doesn't matter if he has low HP if you can barely hit him in the first place!

Lol like everything else there are easy ways around it. Sid is almost no threat. He can evade well vs jedi because hes so squishy and does not deal any real damage smh. Its called balance.

Sidious and dooku are 2 of the most balanced toons available. Sidious needs a small buff to damage if any change is needed
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Then don't hit him with Jedi. It really is not that hard strategize against him. Whenever I see him in GW I use less Jedi than I normally do and I hit him with the others and then he dies quicker than anyone
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    Options
    He's a balanced character because any non-Jedi unit can take him out in 1-2 shots. Right now the meta is dominated by Qui-Gon, you are not taking into account that Jedi are the most supported and versatile units. Dooku and Sid are the only thing f2p players have to counter all Jedi whale teams. You have to look at the character's role in the meta not judge its abilities in a vacuum.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Then don't hit him with Jedi. It really is not that hard strategize against him. Whenever I see him in GW I use less Jedi than I normally do and I hit him with the others and then he dies quicker than anyone

+1
    It seems that many newer plyers simply dont understand how toons work and/or understand the simple strategy in facing them.
    They prefer everyone be nerf'd to cater to their team/play style then to learn/grow.
    Pretty sad really
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

+1
    It seems that many newer plyers simply dont understand how toons work and/or understand the simple strategy in facing them.
    They prefer everyone be nerf'd to cater to their team/play style then to learn/grow.
    Pretty sad really
    see so many nerf dooku and Sid threads but with simple strategy then both are so easy to deal with.

• Brett
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sidious is used in most teams.

Therefore there is no point in using Jedi characters if you're unable to even hit him.

I'm asking for the +35% Evasion chance to be lowered slightly, I'd rather him deal more damage and have DOUBLE the health if it means that you can actually hit him with a Jedi, why should people who use Jedi be discriminated against from using these characters just to cater to ONE character?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Teams with Sid are teams with a wasted spot. I target all teams I see with sid because he's useless. He'll get better with the level 80 cap probably but at level 70 there really is nothing to complain about when facing him if you just strategize. The character is balanced enough. His dodge is the only good thing going for him right now and therefore shouldn't be lowered
  • Options
    Nah he's fine
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I run 3 Jedi most times and it's still all too easy to kill him with my other 2. If you run a full Jedi team and don't want to substitute other players in then your best choice is to just avoid him. But using a full Jedi team is not a good idea anyway
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sidious is used in most teams.

Therefore there is no point in using Jedi characters if you're unable to even hit him.

I'm asking for the +35% Evasion chance to be lowered slightly, I'd rather him deal more damage and have DOUBLE the health if it means that you can actually hit him with a Jedi, why should people who use Jedi be discriminated against from using these characters just to cater to ONE character?

To answer your squestion, its checks and balances. Nerf'n characters that are designed to counter certain builds are what provide balance.
    Without dooku, sidious, maul to check jedi teams then there is no balance. We need more direct counters not less.

The OP is literally asking that one thing hes good at and the one thing he was specifically designed for be nerf'd lol it makes 0 sense.
    Its the exact same thing as newer players (players not endgame) asking dooku's counters be nerf'd smh. They want the one thing hes good at nerf'd because they hve not figured out how to handle it.

Well the truth is, Thats NOT our fault and not an issue with the toons. Its an issue with the players either
    1) not knowing how to deal with them
    2) not having what they need to deal with them
    3) not understanding how they work

The majority handle them just fine because they are balanced easy to beat. Once you all get to that point you will understand. Until then, the lack of understanding does not warrant a nerf and the lack of ability to habdle certain toons, does NOT make them OP
  • Options

Disagree

He's fast, gets turn meter on any defeat, CAN hit decently hard, good health steal AND health on defeats, one of the best AoEs, and the Jedi evasion. I think he's a top notch character and will continue to be long after GS and 86 get left behind
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    If it helps, don't try hit with specials with your Jedi. I've noticed my basics Jedi skills land more often with him. That might just be RNG but it's what I've experienced with my team. But your best bet is just to use a non Jedi to hit him
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    why are you not happy with anti-jedi? 35% chance to evade is just fine, he has super low health, super low damage and no threat. There are 14 Jedis in the game and 11 of them are farmable, some more QGJ has speed boost. There are 5 sith in the game and only Douku Sid Savage are farmbale. That is the reason why we must have anti-jedi toons. If there are 13 sith in the game all anti-jedi then I think it is not fair, but 11v3? I recommend we should add more anti-jedi characters to balance the QGJ Yoda trend and Sid obviously needs a buff
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Disagree

He's fast, gets turn meter on any defeat, CAN hit decently hard, good health steal AND health on defeats, one of the best AoEs, and the Jedi evasion. I think he's a top notch character and will continue to be long after GS and 86 get left behind

Yeah but when you only choosing 5 players there are definitely enough better than him. Also depends only set up though. If you're running a crit or evasion synergy then it's great.

And apparently they're thinking of raising the cap sooner rather than later. According to the datamined info (which could change easily but if it doesn't) he gets much better at the next level. More potency and his skills get great updates at later levels. If they raise the cap I might wipe the dust of my Sid and start using him again
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The game is already massively anti-Jedi with characters like Maul dealing DOUBLE damage, Vader and Dooku applying GUARANTEED stuns/ability blocks etc etc, this list goes on. Then apply the fact that not one Jedi, or any other character for that matter, has an anti-Sith ability, not ONE.
    Ima Gun Di does double damage vs droids too, and there are several other chars with antibdroids skills (Eeth Koth, Jawa, Datcha, etc). Nobody cries for them.

There are no anti-sith Jedi because Jedi were not very good at killing Sith.
    Obi Wan defeated Maul, who survived, and faced him again in TCW cartoon and had to be saved by Assajj and flee. A Tie?
    Anakin / Vader killed Dooku. I suppose this count as a Jedi victory as Anakin had not embraced dark side fully yet.

The other Sith were killed by Sidious (who killed Plaguious, Maul and Savage Oppress) or Anakin/ Darth Vader (who killed Sidious, and the aforemetioned Dooku)

Fortunately, Jedi are a great faction with many of the best characters (QGJ, Yoda, Anakin, Lumi make for some of the best in Arena, and JC and Barris are top in GW. Old Ben is awesome too). They don't have to worry and they don't need further help.

Sid evasión is solved by using some non-jedi in your team. It is not the end of the World: droid teams play with 2 non-droids, FO often play with 1-2 non-FO, same with Rebels. Resitance often reolace at least Finn, many nightsisters use Ashoka as leader to add a Jedi and replace Acolyte or other weak member, Empire is useless as a faction and the rest are not even complete 5 guys teams. It is not writen anywhere that Jedis MUST be the only faction that can play by themselves and crush everything because they are Jedi and must win.

I suggest Rey to oneshot Sid.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    If it helps, don't try hit with specials with your Jedi. I've noticed my basics Jedi skills land more often with him. That might just be RNG but it's what I've experienced with my team. But your best bet is just to use a non Jedi to hit him

I have that experience too, and can be related to potency-tenscity or resist. Using Basics I hit Sid about half the time in GW with my Jedi. Enough to kill him if wounded by someone else
  • Options
    My good ol' sid hasnt had much luck with dodges against jedi and he is very squishy so i dont see a problem with him. Just using him bc hes 1 of my favourite chars
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    The only time I miss Sid with a Jedi is when I really want to... Haha that being said... I have a variety of characters. Believe it or not, when I started before I knew anything I focused on fives clone sgt plo koon JC and chewy because i thought it would work well and looked cool. Helped me into the top 500 in arena. But once other groups started to solidify my group **** but by then I had been working hard to open Dooku and Sid and Lumi. So I had a back up when my team failed. Moral is just because what you have doesn't fit what's needed to win, doesn't mean everything you can't overcome right that second is bad and needs fixed. More than likely what needs fixed is the team you run and strategy you use. I was super glad for the change as it forced me to learn and find a way to win with I had.