I stay on top with my squad...just want some input on LEIA.

I have Leia 7 stars gear 7. She does pretty good. I am running:

QGJ(L)
FOTP
GS
RG
Lumi

Would anyone replace Lumi with Leia? Is she a massive hitter at max gear? She does really well for assisting me in GW. Need to know how many top players use her/would use her in this composition. Thanks guys and gals.
FTB

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have Leia at 7*,, max gear, max skills except her leadership skill. She is not to be trusted. She's fast, just behind Dooku, Sid, QGJ if lead and Yoda, but...

We'll discuss defense 1st. She stealths on her 1st turn. Wasted turn. She may or may not give herself offense up. Her 2nd turn, she is as likely to fire only 1 shot as she is 2 or 3. If it fails to crit, she does 2.5k at worst. My RG can put out as much damage in 2 turns in that scenario, maybe a little more, plus a stun.

On offense, 1st turn, u may get lucky, have her fire 2-3 shots, 1 crits, she does 5.5-8k dmg and brings a squishy low, may give her squad crit chance up.

She can't be counted on to bring the pain. Her bonus shots proc after she kills someone...wasted...and they don't proc when u need them to.

I run a 28k power team, always top 10, in 1st come 6:00 50% of the time. Squad as follows:

Sid (lead)
    GS
    HRS
    Res Pilot
    Dooku

GS and Res Pilot both gain turn meter on a crit, HRS 100% turn meter on a special crit. Good synergy with Sid leading. Leia gives squad crit up...sooo good, but she was so unreliable, I dropped her and her synergy for Dooku who adds nothing but a 1st strike capability. No synergy whatsoever. So, imo, even in a squad where crit is at a premium, 7*, fully geared and skilled, even with her great synergy, Leia is still not deserving of the 5th spot. If she doesn't fit into that squad, I dunno where she does.

Mind you, I also ran her in another squad make-up, trying, really hard to find some way to capitalize on her. Ran her w/ Phasma lead. More attacks = more chances to proc extra attacks and she can do up to 3. Added Dooku...speed + more attacks. Kinda feel like I have to run him with Phasma. HRS...stun + good speed + turn meter boost for himself on a special crit and for the squad on a basic attack. Daka, just bcuz I hate to face her more than any other and with some proc luck, u can lock down half of the opposing squad for the entire battle, rez yours, heal...omg such a pain.

Phasma (lead)
    Dooku
    Daka
    HRS
    Leia

Guess who got dropped for failing to perform again...in a squad specifically designed to capitalize on her. U guessed it, Leia. RG did a better job. So did GS. So did Rey. List goes on.

Final decision, she is GW trash to sacrifice to knock out an annoying Sid.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Replace lumi with yoda and you'll have the current meta.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    @Poxx
    Awesome advice dude. Thanks very much. I will continue to upgrade her level due to GWs, but not gonna drop anymore ability mats into her. I have her 5, 3, 1, 4. She does do good for Sid no doubt. I carry her almost all the way through GW using suicide teams almost every match to avoid Damage over time and stuns/other abilities that come out first. Great advice.
    FTB
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Replace lumi with yoda and you'll have the current meta.

My Yoda is only 5 stars. Thinking of waiting until I max him next challenge (if I can). He is pretty decent defensively too. Hard to kill him if it ends up being a one on one battle. Lol. Thanks bro
    FTB
  • Options
    Leia's ability to buff your team, speed, damage and the ability to vanish is a unique toolkit that allows her to work well in any squad I've ever built.

She is an A-Team toon for sure.

(Source: 7*, Maxed Leia)
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Leia's ability to buff your team, speed, damage and the ability to vanish is a unique toolkit that allows her to work well in any squad I've ever built.

I hear ya brother. What about replacing her for Lumi though in my current setup? I have Lumi 7* gear 8....her abilities are 7 attack, 7 force blast, 6 heal, 4 leader. She does hit pretty hard.
    FTB
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have Rey? I run your team with Rey instead of Lumi. It does some serious damage in the arena.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    You are already on top with that beastly squad of yours! Nerf Bryan, too OP with 7* Leia!
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    Do you have Rey? I run your team with Rey instead of Lumi. It does some serious damage in the arena.

I do have Rey...just only 5 star right now brother.
    FTB
  • Options
    I am also on the fence with my 7* Leia, she can go Rambo and just nuke people or. .. make you sad you dropped 1k on her. Lol. I run Qui, Yoda, GS, Leia, Sid or Daka or Dooku last spot, Rey is still 6 star for a week or so.

Her buff is nice and happens basically every game. FOTP just seems to slow, even max gear. I'm thinking about RG and maybe bring FOTP back, love that guy.
    Bottom line, Leia is great, but is she the best? I don't know.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    You are already on top with that beastly squad of yours! Nerf Bryan, too OP with 7* Leia!

You still love me.....
    FTB
  • Options
    Side note, I love yoda, mine has been 7* since day one so I don't know any different but he is just fun to use and always helpful.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Jedisplice wrote: »
    Side note, I love yoda, mine has been 7* since day one so I don't know any different but he is just fun to use and always helpful.

Yeah man. Can't wait to get mine to 7 stars!!!
    FTB
  • Options
    FOTP works very well with RG....you can bet he will toast 2 toons before he goes out (if you are on offense)
    FTB
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Good post. It is not a good idea to judge Leia just for her damage output. She is not FOtP or Geo, she does more things than just damage
  • Options
    I'm running your team with a five star Maxed out Rey in place of Lumi. Rey's super squishy and will get one shot a lot against other RG, QGJ, GS, Rey teams but against anyone besides them I slot Rey in your Lumi slot and just laugh at the ridiculous numbers that pop up.

Against the meta team (RG, QGJ, GS, Rey) I'll slot in Sid in place of Rey for the aoe to get around RG and get the kill on whoever I started beating on with QGJ.

For Leia I gotta agree with the previous posters. For consistent wins you need consistent performers who don't rely as heavily on RNG to kick butt and take names.

• Options
    ModTerrik wrote: »
    I'm running your team with a five star Maxed out Rey in place of Lumi. Rey's super squishy and will get one shot a lot against other RG, QGJ, GS, Rey teams but against anyone besides them I slot Rey in your Lumi slot and just laugh at the ridiculous numbers that pop up.

Against the meta team (RG, QGJ, GS, Rey) I'll slot in Sid in place of Rey for the aoe to get around RG and get the kill on whoever I started beating on with QGJ.

For Leia I gotta agree with the previous posters. For consistent wins you need consistent performers who don't rely as heavily on RNG to kick butt and take names.

Cool man. Thanks for the advice. I have a 5 star Rey....just didn't know how viable she was replacing a max Lumi with all abilities max. Lumi does hit pretty hard and also can heal and heal overtime for 2 turns. Plus ability block the EXTREMELY OP Obi Wan!!!
    FTB
  • Options
    My Leia melts faces. But I run a rebel team
  • Options
    RollTideTA wrote: »

Do you run Akbar lead?
    FTB
  • Options

Tell me more about a rebel team please. How does it do overall with the speed meta and the famous QGJ meta that I run.
    FTB
  • Options
    There are several threads lately where we discuss it in detail. I take 1 at cash out time and it's faster than QGJ teams.
  • Options
    Ackbar L, Leia, HRScout, STHan, and either Dooku or QGJ as the fifth.
  • Options
    There are several threads lately where we discuss it in detail. I take 1 at cash out time and it's faster than QGJ teams.

Ok. Cool. Thx man. I just made a new Poll for P2P vs F2P. Please give your input.
    FTB
  • Options
    I have a maxed Leia. I think you know which I am.
  • Options
    Haha. Yeah. But input on that poll is good....considering I think it is very unfair....I have an almost maxed Leia as well
    FTB
  • Options

Wow. Nvm. My poll was closed and it said "you do not have permission to discuss that". So yeah....P2P members don't have permission to discuss whether or not it is fair that we don't have advantage. Smh
    FTB
  • Options
    I ran QGJ (L) RG GS Lumi and fifth is situational either Phasma Kylo old Ben or Sid. Currently working on Rey will be 6* this week and Yoda are will be 7* when the event comes back this week.

I used to run a maxed Leia in the fifth spot but had to drop her because she was inconsistent. When she fires on all cylinders she is beastly but when she only gets one shot and not 2 or 3 she is not worth it. Too many times Leia was called upon and only fired for meh damage of 2.5k. Hence I'm currently working on Rey, Yoda and FOTP.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bryan1986 wrote: »

Wow. Nvm. My poll was closed and it said "you do not have permission to discuss that". So yeah....P2P members don't have permission to discuss whether or not it is fair that we don't have advantage. Smh

You had two independent threads closed for trolling and/or calling out the mods. Your answer to this is to come to a third thread of yours to continue crying and perpetuate the f2p vs p2p drama. If you want to close down this thread too, all you have to do is summon @BentWookie or @FashionFett and make the request. No need to troll your own thread until it happens.

You violated the forum rules and had your troll theads closed. L2forum.
  • Options
    Closing thread discussion of moderation.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.