The legendary problem...

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    GOHGURU wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    So, so far did anything happen that is an exception to your desires? All legendaries and heroes journeys were doable the 2nd time around for a good portion of the community.

You got your chewie unlock, you can pursue it further for the 2nd time.

We have no idea when the next leg/hero's will drop. If it drops very soon and if they keep releasing one after another at an alarmist pace, I'll raise my flag with you.

For now it's biz as usual.

This..... Why the "panic"...... You don't need everything first time around..... As ftp, you have to make choices....

And trust me, this is coming from an anemic dolphin..... Be happy for what you have and less unhappy about what you don't have.....

Like I said to the guy above, the farming locations for the Old republic squad are very bad, they would jeopardize getting Revan even the second time

There is absolutely no farming location that could hurt anyone from getting a toon the second time around, it takes focus and commitment. If you drop everything and focus on what you want, which is what you have to do as a F2P to stay "with it", it is always possible.

As for OR toons, there are 3 with multiple farming spots, that's better than Phoenix was for Thrawn.

As F2P progress in the game they are faced with hard choices, they always have been. A key to being happy is playing like you are F2P, hoarding, ignoring what you can and making smart choices when something you really want comes around. Also accepting that you dont "need" anything, because no matter how you think you need it, you can either get it or you cant, but you cant really make things happen at will without $$, or great patience.

Come on, you're a reasonable guy. You know that the phoenix characters were also put in the galactic war store, the arena store, fleet shipments, etc. To say that the farming spots for OR toons is better than it was for phoenix is just absurd and it only makes sense if you ignore all the shops where we could easily buy phoenix shards 5 at a time.

if you didn't have the currency stored up that didn't really help.

You are talking about Hard node RNG over store shops..

Why also this defensive? It dosen’t make sense

So, so far did anything happen that is an exception to your desires? All legendaries and heroes journeys were doable the 2nd time around for a good portion of the community.

We have no idea when the next leg/hero's will drop. If it drops very soon and if they keep releasing one after another at an alarmist pace, I'll raise my flag with you.

This..... Why the "panic"...... You don't need everything first time around..... As ftp, you have to make choices....

And trust me, this is coming from an anemic dolphin..... Be happy for what you have and less unhappy about what you don't have.....

Like I said to the guy above, the farming locations for the Old republic squad are very bad, they would jeopardize getting Revan even the second time

There is absolutely no farming location that could hurt anyone from getting a toon the second time around, it takes focus and commitment. If you drop everything and focus on what you want, which is what you have to do as a F2P to stay "with it", it is always possible.

As for OR toons, there are 3 with multiple farming spots, that's better than Phoenix was for Thrawn.

As F2P progress in the game they are faced with hard choices, they always have been. A key to being happy is playing like you are F2P, hoarding, ignoring what you can and making smart choices when something you really want comes around. Also accepting that you dont "need" anything, because no matter how you think you need it, you can either get it or you cant, but you cant really make things happen at will without $$, or great patience.

Come on, you're a reasonable guy. You know that the phoenix characters were also put in the galactic war store, the arena store, fleet shipments, etc. To say that the farming spots for OR toons is better than it was for phoenix is just absurd and it only makes sense if you ignore all the shops where we could easily buy phoenix shards 5 at a time.

Disagree, Kyno.

Most people can get at least 800 GW tokens per day. That’s 2 purchases worth, or 10 shards.

Given the 1/3 drop rate, unless you have crystals at your disposal to refresh, even an 8 attempt node farm would net you 2 or 3 a day. Huge difference. Even at 1 store purchase a day, that’s still a farm that goes almost twice as fast.

And what about the needed currency to get the extra shards you needed from the shard shop at that time?

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

Yes GW was the easiest of the locations, good example, but that doesnt mean that people who didnt have the other currencies in quantities were going to make that farm, even though the stores are easier.

Thats were your “choice” come into play. And that choice is easier with stores than hard nodes imho..
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I would say that given the new restrictions on farming (defunct shops) that the KoToR toons are in great farming locations! Potentially you could average 10 shards per day on Bastilla and Jolee (just refresh their hard nodes 1x each) that would put them on a 1 month farm. Zaalbar is trickier but even 1 refresh should get you 5 shards a day average (2 months). The cantina farms are trickier, but I'd focus on T3 first (because of my crystal income), then save everything for Mission as we get closer to the panic deadline.
    I get what you're saying about getting stressed on the new legendary requirements...chewbacca was depressing with the amount of resources invested. Not even sure if he's worth it (I got him to 7*). Hopefully Revan would be back to phoenix level gearing for Thrawn since OR toons are recent additions

Agreed, your KOTOR farming is what I’m doing now.
    Since Bounty hunters were around for so long easily farmable, they probably added a gear wall. And that’s okay. These characters were around and farmable since year 1. I agree on KOTOR sentiment also. Good post. :)
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    Before farming squad like the Old republic. Who is the leader of the Old republic Squad ? None. There is no leader ability for the Old Republic; therefore, it's not a squad.
    There will be a Marquee that will be required with a leader ability for this kind of Squad if Revan is legendary; otherwise, it will be raid reward.
  • Legendary events are part of what is considered end game material. If newish players feel like they should be unlocking everyone right away they are being fed the wrong breakfast. The events of course give them something more to be excited about and plan for.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Before farming squad like the Old republic. Who is the leader of the Old republic Squad ? None. There is no leader ability for the Old Republic; therefore, it's not a squad.
    There will be a Marquee that will be required with a leader ability for this kind of Squad if Revan is legendary; otherwise, it will be raid reward.

What if Revan is their leader? Mission and Zaalbar have a passive uniqueness that complements each other, so does Bastila leadership on Jolee. T3 looks built to make droids great.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Simple: F2p cannot strive competitively. If it did, whales would be nonexistent, thus ending the game. But f2p has to exist so it doesn’t become a money war, because without you’re cheap base, you will never grow.

So CG has us in a middle ground: In order to be competitive, you must either pay a lot, or plan very very well. But if you play to have fun (like me), then you can be satisfied without paying a cent.

Ultimately it’s your choice, and you can’t really blame CG for having a strategic business model, even if it is frustrating.

You may fire when ready. ;)

There are many competitive F2P, they are just limited and need to be smart to stay flexible. they are probably not the best at everything, but you can easily be top 10 in both arenas as F2P. that will allow them to extend out into other areas. If that person is also a 2-3 year vet they are going to do ok in TW just by having some old meta toons sitting around.

the problem isn't being competitive, its thinking that you need to be the top in everything, or that you always need everything new to stay there. (maybe you missed the posts about 3* bastilla teams beating with all the "new bells and whistles")

There are competitive f2p, but like you said Kyno, they have to be smart. And most people either don’t keep up with strategy or just aren’t strategically minded. So a truly “F2P” game, in my opinion, would make it generally easy for even new players to be competitive. That’s the model I was referring to, or the extent of the f2p spectrum. But I appreciate you correcting me, there’s a reason I added the last sentence.

New players are only pitted against new players, they have the same ability to be competitive as anyone they are playing against. unless you are suggesting that new players should have access to everything without any stress/work/focus.

While then you’re suggesting that anyone who plays this game can be competitive, that whales are impatient, and that no one on either side should be complaining. The problem with that is that there are updates to the game that obviously favor p2w, and I can’t possibly have all the KOTOR marquees ready to get a legendary/hero’s journey Revan without spending money. He would most likely be the new meta, and I would be forced to get him the second time around if I put all my resources in KOTOR. By then, he might not even be the meta. I don’t care that much, I play for fun, but I don’t think I have the choice to really compete as a f2p.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Disagree, Kyno.

Most people can get at least 800 GW tokens per day. That’s 2 purchases worth, or 10 shards.

Given the 1/3 drop rate, unless you have crystals at your disposal to refresh, even an 8 attempt node farm would net you 2 or 3 a day. Huge difference. Even at 1 store purchase a day, that’s still a farm that goes almost twice as fast.

And what about the needed currency to get the extra shards you needed from the shard shop at that time?

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

Yes GW was the easiest of the locations, good example, but that doesnt mean that people who didnt have the other currencies in quantities were going to make that farm, even though the stores are easier.

Thats were your “choice” come into play. And that choice is easier with stores than hard nodes imho..

Of course, but if you didnt have store currency ready, you have less of a choice in a short farm, refreshing a node to get currency feels (I haven't run the numbers) less efficient than refreshing for shards.

I know in the thrawn panic farm I would not have made it without the currency I had stored to both buy the toons and flood the shard shop to get extra shards.
  • I think the point of the game is ABF always be farming. I got Thrawn and cls the third time around. EP, BB8, R2, and Yoda the 2nd time. Now I missed chewie, maybe next time I get him. I’ll get Rey this time around. Eventually you get the characters you put in the time for. With all the releases of toons this year I think the game has peaked out and CG is panick releasing toons for revenue. There is no road ahead. No matter to me, I’ll play until it’s done, for the love of Star Wars.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Addendum to my above post: Pit and Tank raids also provide high level gear. I don’t get it.

Why? They are lower level raids with way lower difficulty.

I was referring to how he says he cannot get any g11-12 toons, yet can somehow manage t5 STR. Pit and Tank raids give high level gear. Why can’t he get g11?

Disagree, Kyno.

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

This is a cop out answer. ANY store is easier and faster to farm toons in than hard node RNG.

Let’s look at an example:

I’ve farmed Pao from 0 shards to nearly 7* in the time it took me to get Bastila from 3* to 56/85 shards at 5* at no refreshes. And Pao is in the cantina store, which is (arguably) the most difficult store to farm from.

This has nothing to do with “sample size” of RNG either, Bastila has the 1/3 drop rate like all hard nodes. The RNG drop rate doesn’t compare to shop farms.

Point is, any store is a much easier farm, regardless if they have currency saved or not.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Simple: F2p cannot strive competitively. If it did, whales would be nonexistent, thus ending the game. But f2p has to exist so it doesn’t become a money war, because without you’re cheap base, you will never grow.

So CG has us in a middle ground: In order to be competitive, you must either pay a lot, or plan very very well. But if you play to have fun (like me), then you can be satisfied without paying a cent.

Ultimately it’s your choice, and you can’t really blame CG for having a strategic business model, even if it is frustrating.

There are many competitive F2P, they are just limited and need to be smart to stay flexible. they are probably not the best at everything, but you can easily be top 10 in both arenas as F2P. that will allow them to extend out into other areas. If that person is also a 2-3 year vet they are going to do ok in TW just by having some old meta toons sitting around.

the problem isn't being competitive, its thinking that you need to be the top in everything, or that you always need everything new to stay there. (maybe you missed the posts about 3* bastilla teams beating with all the "new bells and whistles")

There are competitive f2p, but like you said Kyno, they have to be smart. And most people either don’t keep up with strategy or just aren’t strategically minded. So a truly “F2P” game, in my opinion, would make it generally easy for even new players to be competitive. That’s the model I was referring to, or the extent of the f2p spectrum. But I appreciate you correcting me, there’s a reason I added the last sentence.

New players are only pitted against new players, they have the same ability to be competitive as anyone they are playing against. unless you are suggesting that new players should have access to everything without any stress/work/focus.

While then you’re suggesting that anyone who plays this game can be competitive, that whales are impatient, and that no one on either side should be complaining. The problem with that is that there are updates to the game that obviously favor p2w, and I can’t possibly have all the KOTOR marquees ready to get a legendary/hero’s journey Revan without spending money. He would most likely be the new meta, and I would be forced to get him the second time around if I put all my resources in KOTOR. By then, he might not even be the meta. I don’t care that much, I play for fun, but I don’t think I have the choice to really compete as a f2p.

You can't possibly know if it is possible to farm kotor toons in time since they haven't announced when the event will be or what it'll be.

If the event drops this month, you may have a point. Though it may still be possible depending in what kind of bonus drops they do and how many crystals you earn.

But it is equally likely that revan will be a hero's journey or not drop until December. In which case there is ample time to farm if you focus.

Disagree, Kyno.

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

Of course, but if you didnt have store currency ready, you have less of a choice in a short farm, refreshing a node to get currency feels (I haven't run the numbers) less efficient than refreshing for shards.

I know in the thrawn panic farm I would not have made it without the currency I had stored to both buy the toons and flood the shard shop to get extra shards.

So farming a toon from a low cantina node and cantina store takes longer than a hard node farm? No.

Also stores refresh without a cost 3 times a day, hard nodes dosen’t

• GOHGURU wrote: »
    tanki60o wrote: »
    I'm completely free to play, never spent a penny, and Chewbacca is the first legendary I UNLOCK first round. I only unlocked CLS last time he came, 7 star R2 the second time he came because Empire was the team I was farming, I just got BB8 last time he came. I'm nowhere near JTR. You don't see me complaining, do you?

It all depends on the characters you have. People that were running Empire got R2 first time. People that were running Bounty Hunters got Chewie the first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to expect it to be guaranteed to get a legendary 7 stars the second time around for most people. Like I said, it's not that much about being P2P. Only Thrawn so far has needed a faction that was new to the game and panic farming occured. Again, some people were running Empire and so got 7 star R2 the first time, but failed to even unlock BB8

Then I'm sorry but you have horrible standards but I would say that this is probably because you haven't played as long as some of us

I’ve been playing for over 2 years. Also, you didn’t address the second part of my comment.

I AM the High Ground
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't spent a dime since ships were introduced, and other than only getting 6* Chimera first time around I've never had a problem getting 7* on legendary and HJ first time around... Revan will be no different... all it takes is self control... and a top 5 rotating spot in arenas every day. Sure my old republic toons are all still 4* but I knew I would need them from the moment they hit Marquee, so I saved while they were p2p and started farming hard when they hit the hard nodes... which are just as good, if not better than Cantina these days with 8 battles and 25, 50 refreshes.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I haven't spent a dime since ships were introduced, and other than only getting 6* Chimera first time around I've never had a problem getting 7* on legendary and HJ first time around... Revan will be no different... all it takes is self control... and a top 5 rotating spot in arenas every day. Sure my old republic toons are all still 4* but I knew I would need them from the moment they hit Marquee, so I saved while they were p2p and started farming hard when they hit the hard nodes... which are just as good, if not better than Cantina these days with 8 battles and 25, 50 refreshes.

Top 5 rotating spot in arena. Sure you must be speaking on behalf of the majority of players lol
  • Just the ones who know what they're doing.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

I love when people try to justify how easy things are and it’s always the one who says they are “top 5” arenas. And nobody believes your ftp top 5 in any arenas these days . Just doesn’t work that way .
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    MuCuS wrote: »

I love when people try to justify how easy things are and it’s always the one who says they are “top 5” arenas. And nobody believes your ftp top 5 in any arenas these days . Just doesn’t work that way .

How does it work exactly? What prevents from a single f2p to be top 5 in arenas? (I'm not talking about majority as it's statistically impossible for everyone to be there).
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

Disagree, Kyno.

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

So farming a toon from a low cantina node and cantina store takes longer than a hard node farm? No.

Exactly, it's math...

8energy cantina, 3 refreshes a day = 20 shards a day, which is the quickest farm out there.
    Even 16 energy cantina (vets) = 10 shards a day.
    Gw = 15 shards a day
    Arena at best = 10 ish shards a day
    Cantina store = 10 ish shards a day
    Fleet store = upwards of 15-20 a day if you are lucky
    Hard node = 2.4 a day.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

You can't possibly know if it is possible to farm kotor toons in time since they haven't announced when the event will be or what it'll be.

If the event drops this month, you may have a point. Though it may still be possible depending in what kind of bonus drops they do and how many crystals you earn.

But it is equally likely that revan will be a hero's journey or not drop until December. In which case there is ample time to farm if you focus.

The whole thing was hypothetical, but that’s definitely happened before
  • If you're just now starting to farm the kotor characters, you're clueless. Money is a crutch for the whales. Intelligent playing beats them. So you might have to wait a few weeks to catch back up...welcome to competition. You don't deserve a participation trophy no matter what your little league coach said.

Either pay attention to the clues, or find yourself a helpful guild. Enough of the crying, people. If you need every character as soon as it comes out to compete, you're simply not good at the game.
  • No_Try wrote: »

How does it work exactly? What prevents from a single f2p to be top 5 in arenas? (I'm not talking about majority as it's statistically impossible for everyone to be there).

Are you a f2p who's top 5 in arena?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Are you a f2p who's top 5 in arena?

Yes, day 1 player, both arenas top 3 on daily basis if I have time to play. I don't remember when I arrived here, I think it was in the first month of the game. Since then none of the doomsday changes has managed to kick me out of it. You can check my sig. I've arrived at Traya only recently btw, just completed a full month. Before then I was on Nightmare team and then Bastilla. The hardest time I ever had was Chase meta before marquess became a thing, it sometimes took me 2-3 refreshes to get up back then. Now 0 or 1.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sounds pretty entitled to me. I guess its normal to want to quit things you cant win at conveniently. You arent alone though, 90% of this community feels the same way and its why the community is so darn toxic.

You arent entitled to anything even if you have "contributed your part". You dont need every shiny new toon that is released, and if the only reason youre playing is so you can get everything as soon as its released, then i have to say thats pretty sad. Try doing something for fun's sake.

You sound like youre in an unhappy relationship. You shouldnt keep trying to force it. If you arent happy you should go. It will help you relive the stress and unhappiness you seem to have
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Disagree, Kyno.

And arena store?
    And cantina table store?

you can only buy 3 times a day from a store if you have the currency. even at the highest PO (28) you would have to do 15 times. so if it was a tier 1 or 2, sure thats possible to run 1 free and 2 refreshes to get your free refreshes. but from a lower node (13) you need to run 30 missions to be able to buy 1 time from the store.

the same is not true for the Arena table, very limited income to ability to buy.
    GW table is by far the easiest.

excess currency was needed to get it done in time to supplement from the shard shop.

my point was nothing about the RNG, it was the fact that you needed excess currency to panic farm. this cannot be diverted in any way. crystals can be diverted, you have control over what you refresh and it can be used to your advantage, even with a minimal income and its universal. with the cheaper refresh and more attempts on node, this is better than the store rush we got with phoenix IMO.

• In my opinion, the main reason for playing the game - any game, really - is to have fun. If you're not having fun, don't play the game. Simple as that. I invest in the characters that I find fun to play and are accessible at my current stage of progression, rather than trying to panic farm for new characters the first couple times they come around. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about trying to stay in the meta because it shifts so frequently. It's more fun and rewarding in my opinion to play characters that you enjoy playing and move on to new ones when your interests shift. Obviously there's some planning and forward thinking involved in that if you want the legendary content sooner, but ultimately it's still just a game meant for entertainment. However, if you enjoy panic farming and frustrating yourself when you don't quite get there in time, be my guest.
  • Firstly let me say I'm F2P and I got 7* Chewie with 8hrs to spare.

To my mind the only reason that the Chewbacca event was tuned to need G11-12 was because CG allowed you to use any Bounty Hunters. If they had not put that difficulty gate in then CG would literally been handing out Chewie to the entire player base that is more than one year old. Making him a not so special character. The Bounty Hunters especially the original 5 are very easy to farm and with their reworks and contracts they are very powerful considering how easy they are to 7*

I’m on the OR farm train currently, I’m aiming for a 7* unlock first time, but if I only get 5/6 that won’t be the end of the world I’m sure Revan will still kick **** in Arena and TW at that level.

CG played it perfectly, except for putting an unskippable cut scene in the Chewie event. That is burned into my retinas for all time!

Good luck on the Revan farm folks.
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    Beckett legendary? Really?
    Aging scoundrel who accomplished nothing in his long career and got himself killed in Solo movie is not worth marquee event and even less of something else and same goes for bad guy in that movie so please don't even joke about them being legendary characters.

If anything Solo characters might be used to unlock Solo ship in the game as in the movie that is where he got it but there are no characters left in that movie that need to be introduced to game.

Someone said that thrawn is not worth the legendary too,.
    Now thrawn is, also his ship.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Beckett legendary? Really?
    Aging scoundrel who accomplished nothing in his long career and got himself killed in Solo movie is not worth marquee event and even less of something else and same goes for bad guy in that movie so please don't even joke about them being legendary characters.

If anything Solo characters might be used to unlock Solo ship in the game as in the movie that is where he got it but there are no characters left in that movie that need to be introduced to game.

Someone said that thrawn is not worth the legendary too,.
    Now thrawn is, also his ship.

Whoever said Thrawn or Chimaera didn't deserve to be Legendary doesn't know their **** from a hole in the ground.