Noticing a consistent trend here

Prev134
The child complex and new characters

I've noticed two trends here in the game.

1) we spend all our time wanting new characters
2) Whenever we get what we want we complain.

We'll use Revan and Chewie as the examples.

Let's cover 1.

People have been begging for Revan for a very long time. Thread after thread. Finally we get him. What do we do?

IT BETTER NOT BE A RAID
IT BETTER BE A LEGENDARY
IT BETTER NOT BE A LEGENDARY
IF ITS A MARQUEE IM GONNA LOSE IT!

We got Chewie a week ago and people started asking for the next character before they even had Chewie. Then Revan gets confirmed and there's a thread about Jedi Luke?!?

Meta still includes Vader/EP/Thrawn/Tarkin. We need to learn to use the amazing characters we already have.

Number 2.

SWGOH: CG NEVER COMMUNICATES!!
Swgoh starts communicating more. Gives cool hints for new characters. Starts to interact much more than they ever have.

THAT WAS A DUMB WAY TO ANNOUNCE A CHARACTER!
OF COURSE THATS THE ANSWER TO THE ISSUE, THEYRE CORPORATE.

Guys. SWGOH is a really great game. And you can play it without spending a dollar. It's has tons of depth and lots to do. It's a really fun game.

CG is working hard and doing great work.

Hopefully someone sees it before it's taken down lol

Replies

• Options
    I personally like the "cg we hate single hard node farms" and all the complaining the forums are doing now that new characters are getting 2 hard nodes...
  • SCOED
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Can I add an amen. I honestly don't get all the negativity. I wouldn't play it if I didn't enjoy it. Seriously why would anyone do that? If I enjoy something why would have a majority of my posts whining about it? It makes no sense but it is apparently what some choose to do. Proof is in the forums.
  • Lightsabermon
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Don’t forget: TAKE OUT CHALLENGE GEAR! (From raids)
    Takes out challenge gear from raids
    GIVE US BACK GOLD EYEBALLS
    Or even:
    FIX/CHANGE MODS
    changes mods
    I WANT A REFUND ON JAWAS
  • Options
    I agree with virtually everything you said @Dxtrinc

Apart from Vader and Tarkin being part of the current meta.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Claiming that Tarkin is part of the meta indicates that you are a new player. Trust me, the frustration will settle in eventually and you will understand the complaints.
  • Options
    Totally agree... if you absolutely hate this game and the devs... don't play it. there have been massive amounts of complaining in the recent weeks for things that really weren't that big of a deal.

We want Jango!.... WHAT A MARQUEE???

We want a Legendary!... THIS IS WAY TOO HARD

We want more characters in the cantina... DID MISSION HAVE TO 16 ENERGY CANTINA??

• Options
    OP may mean that Tarkin as a fleet commander is meta, and that Tie Advanced is (old, but still played) meta in ships. Still those day1 characters are relevant.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    This is not unique to GOH, it's just the "gamer" mentality. No matter what it is, it's never good enough. They could send everyone a brick of solid gold and you'd see threads complaining that it's too heavy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gillgamoosh
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Completely agreed with everything you just said. Actually, when I popped into the forum and saw the thread titled “Ok I think we are ready for Jedi Luke” I actually burst out laughing. We JUST got Chewie and Revan was just ANNOUNCED. He isn’t even in the game but sure, we’re ready for Jedi Luke. 😂
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I personally like the "cg we hate single hard node farms" and all the complaining the forums are doing now that new characters are getting 2 hard nodes...
    With the reduced node refresh and 8 attempts per node. Hard node farms are pretty easy to do now. Its still slow though, but I think its a step in the right direction.

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Claiming that Tarkin is part of the meta indicates that you are a new player. Trust me, the frustration will settle in eventually and you will understand the complaints.

Lol I was wondering the same Tarkin meta lol
  • Options
    @Dxtrinc I think you are missing the point, first of all, "learn to use the amazing characters we already have". So Palpatine got a rework half a year ago, does that mean it's too much to want something new? CLS and Han Solo are two of the most fun characters to play. I use them on HAAT and they are a blast, does that mean I should not want anything new? GK was the most spectacular character we had in the game his abilities looked amazing while I was growing as a player I always wanted to play him, eventually I got him, used him for over a year and now I use him all the time, I still like him but even he gets old after using him for so long.

My point is that you simply can't use the argument that jest because we have awesome characters it should mean that we should have to want the new ones. I mean new bounty hunters look amazing to use, even more fun than CLS and Han, even new scoundrels seem fun, why shouldn't I want to use them?

Next I'll reply to your opening statements about people asking for one thing and when they get it they still complain. I think what you're not getting is that we ask for sting but we don't get them the way we want them. Everyone asked for a legendary but not for a legendary thay would require gear 12 characters to 7 star. Others have asked for Marquee characters, but not for a 6-8 month single hard node farms after they become farmable. Others have asked for raid characters but they want a raid that's not full of bugs and quite frankly the rewards are so divisive, where top 10 get so much more than everyone else.

I think we all understand that the devs wanna make money, but hard node farms have exhausted the community, people don't want this eternal grind where all their energy has to go to a 30% drop rate hard node where they end up with 0-1-2-3 shards per day. I'm fine with Marquee events as long as the toons go to the stores few months later. And I'm fine with legendaries as long as they don't have insane requirements.

You have totally missed the point and before you judge you should speak to people and hear their arguments.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Its worth mentioning that complaints are valid feedback. It gives you an idea of how to take your customers money. Not all complaints mind you. But if we all just threw praise and there was never any constructive criticism things would get very lazy and dull.

Also this,
    Jarvind wrote: »
    This is not unique to GOH, it's just the "gamer" mentality. No matter what it is, it's never good enough. They could send everyone a brick of solid gold and you'd see threads complaining that it's too heavy.

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    GOHGURU wrote: »

You have totally missed the point and before you judge you should speak to people and hear their arguments.

Oow sweet irony
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

This. See, new players should wait atleast a year before giving their opinions imo.

Oh well, i still liked your post lol.
  • Options
    I don't need to speak to anyone. Their points are written right in front of me.

I am not a new player. I see Tarkin in squads under 200 in arena. Oh right. If it's not too 3 the character is useless. I totally forgot

I'm talking about a mentality not an individual conversation.

And yes it's rampant across video game culture.

Also I didn't say we should never have new characters, I'm saying a new character pops and we all want a new one.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for Jek Porkins. I also want carbonite han, Jabba the Hut Legendary, That puppet that was on Jabbas lap. C3PO Major Malfunction journey, and Princess Amadala the hair fashion journey. Jar Jar Binks what's me thinking tw.
  • Options
    vk83dmspe1wu.jpg
  • Options
    The jedi Luke talk started before revan was announced

• Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    The jedi Luke talk started before revan was announced

Absolutely. Again it's not about a certain character or event. It's about the mentality.

Anyway. Jedi Luke could have been day 1 but he has to be massively powerful. I say hold off if need be. He should be top of the arena for the rest of the game. And he should be very difficult to get.

But this post isn't about Jedi Luke. Revan. Or Chewie.
  • Options
    Bah. People have the right to complain about anything they want whenever they want. If you don't like complaints, don't read them.
    I don't know, but maybe we have 8 hard node attempts a day because people complained about 3 attempts a day. If people had just swallowed everything, we would be stuck at 3 attempts at the old price. And this is just an example.
    There aren't so many complaints as you say. I see a lot of people happy about Chewie and Revan.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »

I've noticed two trends here in the game.

1) we spend all our time wanting new characters
    2) Whenever we get what we want we complain.

As you pointed out yourself, people complain about a lot of other things in relation to getting a new character. However, at least I have yet to see anyone complain about getting the character in the first place.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Bah. People have the right to complain about anything they want whenever they want. If you don't like complaints, don't read them.
    I don't know, but maybe we have 8 hard node attempts a day because people complained about 3 attempts a day. If people had just swallowed everything, we would be stuck at 3 attempts at the old price. And this is just an example.
    There aren't so many complaints as you say. I see a lot of people happy about Chewie and Revan.

This.

OP whining about whining which at this point is straight up as ad-nausem as the people complaining...

Like quoted post a lot of complaints have major validity and some do not...
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

This.

OP whining about whining which at this point is straight up as ad-nausem as the people complaining...

So yall are going to post in his thread because he is complaining, but defend complaining. He has a right to complain too , just like everyone else.
    His point is not to not complain , but to complain about actual issues. Not every single thing.
  • Depablo
    49 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    40b6y0gzkq44.png
    Tarkin is a Boss Lol. I usually stay below 200 in arena also.Only been on the game since July of last year so I’m in a relatively newer shard tho
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

This.

So yall are going to post in his thread because he is complaining, but defend complaining. He has a right to complain too , just like everyone else.
    His point is not to not complain , but to complain about actual issues. Not every single thing.

Yup its and endless loop of meh. Which puts you at complaining about the guy complaining about the guy complaining about complaining....

Gratz
  • Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Number 2.

SWGOH: CG NEVER COMMUNICATES!!
    Swgoh starts communicating more. Gives cool hints for new characters. Starts to interact much more than they ever have.

You must be new here, cause they don't communicate with their community through their own forums. Need proof? Look at the Sith Raid Feedback thread, or the Nightsister Acolyte thread where, literally all the CG members that are on the forums had been tagged, and still yet to respond. They dump a single post and never come back here until they need to dump another one. It took 50 pages of feedback in the Sith Raid Feedback thread for TopHat to post a response that was basically blowing everyone off.

Last year they promised to start communicating more with their community and even doing Q&As. Stopped after the second time they did the Q&As. So don't come at us about not being happy with how CG doesn't communicate.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    This is turning into a complaint inception
    Thread.

Also there are a lot of people on this forum. And I feel like once a few people complain it turns into - everyone.

There are def some great improvements in this game. Most of the new toons are a big fan service. Asking for Revan and Jango got you laughed at.

It’s all feedback.
  • Options

Yup its and endless loop of meh. Which puts you at complaining about the guy complaining about the guy complaining about complaining....

Gratz

Explaining (which is what Darknesswon did) is not complaining (which is what Darknesswon didn't do.)
    Using your logic, you just dumped yourself in the same bucket.