Noticing a consistent trend here

Replies

• Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    Lmao. That would be like eating Brussels sprouts

What, delicious? Brussels sprouts have a wonderfully complex flavor for a mature pallet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Not the way my mother used to boil the guts out of them
  • Options

Better than being dead lol
  • Options

Better than being dead lol

Lol True this
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I was good after Number 1.
  • Options
    I think some are confusing the challenge eyeballs with the other half of the fully crafted eyeball. I have 2000 of the one that drops in challenges and like none of the other. If the raid just dropped the other or the fully crafted piece, it would be great but I simply don't need the half I have 2000 of. I wasn't trying to argue against the fully crafted piece dropping, just to be clear. Just against the useless piece dropping from raids.
  • Lightsabermon
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No, o5zf8gg9ndsw.png
    However, i get about full salvage and full component at the same time (i buy from guild store) and i totally prefer them out of STR, need more gear 12+ gear

Also, can i eat these?
    27ucuc3nqq6m.png

• Options
    No, o5zf8gg9ndsw.png
    However, i get about full salvage and full component at the same time (i buy from guild store) and i totally prefer them out of STR, need more gear 12+ gear

Also, can i eat these?
    27ucuc3nqq6m.png

Yeah I have like 2000 of those that I can't use because I need the other piece. Maybe try requesting them from your guild. You may have enough guildmates that have a bunch to get it filled quickly.
  • Options
    What you read in the forums does not reflect what the majority of players think. CG act on feedback. But of course the business model Freemium limits what we can expect and what they can do to make people happy. And there were many complaints/rants/feedback threads that were necessary. Just look at all the changes they had to make with regards to the Sith raid. Without the constant backfire from players the raid would still be as it was first day.
  • Options
    You can't request gold gear
  • Options
    No, o5zf8gg9ndsw.png

Also, can i eat these?
    27ucuc3nqq6m.png

Yeah I have like 2000 of those that I can't use because I need the other piece. Maybe try requesting them from your guild. You may have enough guildmates that have a bunch to get it filled quickly.

You cannot request the gold stuff. How can anyone pile up 2000 of these?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Member5973 wrote: »
    What you read in the forums does not reflect what the majority of players think. CG act on feedback. But of course the business model Freemium limits what we can expect and what they can do to make people happy. And there were many complaints/rants/feedback threads that were necessary. Just look at all the changes they had to make with regards to the Sith raid. Without the constant backfire from players the raid would still be as it was first day.

maybe they would have made changes to the sith raid regardless of player feedback, who knows? There are plenty of complaints/rants/feedback that get ignored systematically, so it's not like complaints/rants/feedback equals change. "We" dont get what we want because we complain enough, we get what we complain about only if cg/ea deem it to be in the best interrest of the game.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

maybe they would have made changes to the sith raid regardless of player feedback, who knows? There are plenty of complaints/rants/feedback that get ignored systematically, so it's not like complaints/rants/feedback equals change. "We" dont get what we want because we complain enough, we get what we complain about only if cg/ea deem it to be in the best interrest of the game.

That is freemuim. What would you do? I really wonder why people complain about marquee events. The forum shouts "We want Jango". They give us Jango and it´s a marquee. If I ran a business and my customers demanded I a certain whatever I would try to make as much money as I could.
  • Options
    And no, meta does not include vader and tarkin. If you think it does, youre on a super new shard and you dont get the card to criticise people whos been with this game for 2+ more years than you.

I’m on a december 16 shard and there are probably 10 to 20 times as much teams with vader than traya in arena.
    Global stats from .gg : Vader is in the top 15 of most used characters in top 100 (probably much higher outside of top 100) and a key component of the second most played team in top 100 in palp lead.
    Vader is one of the most meta characters at the moment.
    Of course is ship is insanely strong and so is tarkin’s.

You can play the game for 3 years and not understand much about it. You can also be playing for 3 months but already have a ton of knowledge. And you just need to browse the forum for 3 days in a row to see how right the op is.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »
    And no, meta does not include vader and tarkin. If you think it does, youre on a super new shard and you dont get the card to criticise people whos been with this game for 2+ more years than you.

I’m on a december 16 shard and there are probably 10 to 20 times as much teams with vader than traya in arena.
    Global stats from .gg : Vader is in the top 15 of most used characters in top 100 (probably much higher outside of top 100) and a key component of the second most played team in top 100 in palp lead.
    Vader is one of the most meta characters at the moment.
    Of course is ship is insanely strong and so is tarkin’s.

You can play the game for 3 years and not understand much about it. You can also be playing for 3 months but already have a ton of knowledge. And you just need to browse the forum for 3 days in a row to see how right the op is.

Global stats don't reflect mature meta, though. Of course Palp lead will be widely used generally, it's an easy to make team for its strenght, but old shards are all Traya and Bastila, with occasional Chewie Rebels and Nightsisters now and a few JTRs still holding on. Palp lead without Traya is a rarity in top 100.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

That is freemuim. What would you do? I really wonder why people complain about marquee events. The forum shouts "We want Jango". They give us Jango and it´s a marquee. If I ran a business and my customers demanded I a certain whatever I would try to make as much money as I could.

Obviously, wich is why alot of complaints and most certainly alot of rants serve no purpose whatsoever except for players getting it of their chest perhaps.
    I'm not saying there's no value in giving feedback, in whatever form that may be, it's beneficial for both the playerbase and the devs. The point i was trying to make is that excessive (for lack of a better term) whining doesn't necessarily lead to a better game for the players. It just makes the forum a very negative place for both the players and the devs. That isn't beneficial for either party imo.
    Where's the possitive feedback for example? heck, posting a possitive thread often leads to getting called a shill. It can't be that the devs are doing everything wrong, otherwise none of us would play this game. Feedback wise, minimal backlash is probably considered a great success. Why can't a successfull change lead to overwhelming possive feedback? Wouldn't that serve the exact same purpose as overwhelming negative feedback to a change that (some) players don't seem to like? On top of that, wouldn't that make the forum a more pleasant platform to discuss the game for both the players and the devs?
    In my experience excessive complaining rarely leads to getting what i want, but neither does not asking for i want. Fortunately for us the world isn't as black and white as that and there's a middle way. That middle way is what i'm advocating for. A forum where negative feedback means something and isn't just another day, another thousand complaints.
    I fully realize that a 100 players have a 100 different issues and that players are more likely to complain about what they dislike than praise what they do like. So end of the day nothing will probably change. I'm just a fan of more selective complaining than just complaining about everything in vain.
  • Options
    No, o5zf8gg9ndsw.png

Also, can i eat these?
    27ucuc3nqq6m.png

Probably from doing daily challenges for two years when you have to slow farm the other component. I do the challenges daily even when I'm not low on gear.
  • Options
    No, o5zf8gg9ndsw.png

Also, can i eat these?
    27ucuc3nqq6m.png

Probably from doing daily challenges for two years when you have to slow farm the other component. I do the challenges daily even when I'm not low on gear.

Respect! I do all dailies and challenges and I am permanently low on this stuff.
  • Options
    SCOED wrote: »
    Can I add an amen. I honestly don't get all the negativity. I wouldn't play it if I didn't enjoy it. Seriously why would anyone do that? If I enjoy something why would have a majority of my posts whining about it? It makes no sense but it is apparently what some choose to do. Proof is in the forums.

Some people have a hard time quitting the game for various reasons, maybe they are addicted or feel like they have invested too much time and money to actually quit or just don't want to leave their guilds because they like being around them and having that sense of camaraderie.

I have been quite happy with the way they have been progressing the game. I hated the days of having to spend 30 minutes to an hour just to do Galactic War because you needed to use multiple teams but no way of making loadouts. The game takes less time than ever to actually play but if that changes I'm pretty much done.

• Options
    I love threads where blanket statements are made about the feelings of huge groups. If you look at all the complaints of hundreds of thousands of players, and collectively accuse the entire mass of agreeing with everything posted by individuals, or smaller groups then of course you'll find contradictions.

But maybe, just maybe some people complain about some things, and entirely different people complain about different things. The OP's post is pointless. No matter what there will always be a subset of people not happy with something. Sorry that reality works that way.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I love threads where blanket statements are made about the feelings of huge groups. If you look at all the complaints of hundreds of thousands of players, and collectively accuse the entire mass of agreeing with everything posted by individuals, or smaller groups then of course you'll find contradictions.

But maybe, just maybe some people complain about some things, and entirely different people complain about different things. The OP's post is pointless. No matter what there will always be a subset of people not happy with something. Sorry that reality works that way.

I think you missed the point to be honest. Or i'm reading too much into the OP, that could also be the case.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I think you missed the point to be honest. Or i'm reading too much into the OP, that could also be the case.

His point was...
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    The child complex and new characters

I've noticed two trends here in the game.

1) we spend all our time wanting new characters
    2) Whenever we get what we want we complain.

His point was "we" complain when "we" get what "we" want. False.

Some individuals get what they want. Then they are happy. Other individuals aren't happy about that. They complain. Then when the opposite happens a different set of individuals are happy, and a whole other set of individuals complain.

"We" don't do anything. Any time anyone has a complaint they come here. Maybe it's 9% of people or 90% depending on the issue. Regardless it's silly to say that "we" complain no matter what. We aren't a hive mind. You will never, ever, ever see zero complaints on the forum. You will always see conflicting complaints. That's what happens when hundreds of thousands of individuals speak their minds. You end up with a complaint meta. Get used to it.

The OP did have something positive to say about the game. Great. I can think of lots of positives myself. But complaining about complaints is pointless.

• Options
    Can I add an amen. I honestly don't get all the negativity. I wouldn't play it if I didn't enjoy it. Seriously why would anyone do that? If I enjoy something why would have a majority of my posts whining about it? It makes no sense but it is apparently what some choose to do. Proof is in the forums.

For me, I only stay because this is the only mobile star wars game that isn't awful.

I want to be able to both compete and collect, but that's hard when, for three months, the whales will be the only people who have Revan.

• Options
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »

For me, I only stay because this is the only mobile star wars game that isn't awful.

I want to be able to both compete and collect, but that's hard when, for three months, the whales will be the only people who have Revan.

Not whales, krakens.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Haha. You people are all insane. What a horrible forum this is. And you wonder why the developers don't communicate here. Be happy they haven't shut down this toxic wasteland.
  • Options
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »

I take the pragmatic approach: The folks who pay will have Revan, I won't. The folks who pay are far enough ahead of me in arena that it doesn't really matter, I won't see Revan--I barely see Traya. I finish in the top 100 pretty much every night (tonight I did overtime at work and didn't get home until 20 minutes before payout, so I finished 107) and that's good enough.

This thing isn't going to affect me. It probably won't affect many of you, either. It's fine, just get Revan next time. The important thing, though, is to not stop farming as soon as the event ends--those are the people who are going to complain next time that they didn't have enough time four months later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I won't get revan on the first pass, not even sure I will on the second. Rather than complaining I will continue to get Bossk to 7 star and Qi'ra. Eventually I will get to Revan.

The complaining is ridiculous. I remember when they added bounty hunter shards to every level. People COMPLAINED!! What the bloody hell? Bossk was level 8 or 9, so yes it was 20 energy. But you had 12 different nodes to farm him without paying for node refreshes. If you didn't need the shards, then bonus shard shop currency.

I ponder the complaints if all players were given a 7 star, gear 12 Jedi Luke.