I don’t think the Revan event will be a Hero’s Journey. Why? (Beware slight Kotor spoilers).

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I'm wondering if it will be a new format of the hero's journey. It's interesting that we don't have Carth yet. I'm wondering if they will somewhat follow the KOTOR game plotline. Mind wiped Revan starting with Carth, as given characters in the event, and both being rewarded from the event. This way we would have a new character leveling up as we go up the tiers, and bringing in the KOTOR toons as per the story line. Hopefully with tiers battling Bastilla and Malak.

I realise that the hero's journey's we've had have required an existing character in game. But that doesn't stop GC from altering the format slightly to provide and awesome event with a great reward.

Moreover, they know how anticipated this is in the community, they will have thought long and hard about how to release him into the game. Revan is worthy of more than a legendary event. They know anything less than worthy won't be appreciated in the long run.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.

The problem is that a legendary doesn't really fit either. We usually use an enemy faction to unlock, which in this case would be Mandalorians. And we don't have the tag yet, despite there being three to five (depending whether you count the Fetts) characters already.

The enemy faction is sith

They aren't going to make a sith based event everybody and there grandma would clear it. They aren't just building stuff for fun. It needs to bring in cash.

They could take the chewie approach and make it something like you basically need Traya or g12 toons with arena mods to 7* him. Hopefully they wouldn't set the 5* bar at g11.5, 6* at g12, 7* at g12+ but I wouldn't bet against that.

I'm good with that actually. Wouldn't even have to move mods. And it would disprove all those saying everyone has maxed out sith. The whinning would be huge.
  • Options
    I'm assuming the light side revan will be the one we need for a villians type journey for Darth revan . it makes the most sense to me .
  • Options
    Who is ready for an Android exclusive?
  • Options
    It will be an event similar to Endor and Dathomir. You will need the 5 KOTOR toons to unlock shards for Revan Will occur once/month and when you have him at 7 the rewards will be 2-4 zetas (actually on 2).
  • Options
    The truth is Jedi Master Revan is a raid hero, where Darth Revan will require our OR toons.
  • Options
    Slightly off topic, but I wonder why LS Visas Marr doesn't have an Old Republic tag. It seems like she could/should have some sort of place in all this. Just strange her only tag is "Light Side."
  • Options
    Mythic Rancor with Raid Revan could bring that raid back to the mix without adding an entire new raid.
  • Options
    keiths9216 wrote: »
    Mythic Rancor with Raid Revan could bring that raid back to the mix without adding an entire new raid.

I like the idea of mythic rancor better than a talizen/wicket type event. At 10 or 20 shards a month it would just take too long to get a 7 star revan that way.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    Aeternas wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I wonder why LS Visas Marr doesn't have an Old Republic tag. It seems like she could/should have some sort of place in all this. Just strange her only tag is "Light Side."

Maybe the Exile's crew will come in the future, with their own tag and synergy
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.

The problem is that a legendary doesn't really fit either. We usually use an enemy faction to unlock, which in this case would be Mandalorians. And we don't have the tag yet, despite there being three to five (depending whether you count the Fetts) characters already.

This is assuming the LS Revan we get is pre-sith Revan. If it is in fact a post sith Revan then to me the most likely outcome would either be a Legendary event for Darth Revan using Bastila lead Jedi team (G12+), followed by a hero’s journey using OR toons post memory wipe to get Jedi Revan; or it will be a “hero’s journey-like” event, which they mentioned earlier this year, where-in you are given a 7* Revan (just like in Marquee) but at the difficulty level of a hero’s journey and requiring 7* OR.
  • Options
    it would be awesome if they would feature a dark/light side revan and you can choose which to unlock. Perfectly balanced( good luck with that) kit for either side, but the lightside would benefit LS toons and the dark side would benefit the dark side toons. Either way they can then experiment which side most people unlock
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    Aeternas wrote: »

Maybe the Exile's crew will come in the future, with their own tag and synergy

That would actually be pretty cool. I'd love to see Meetra in the game. I'm sure that far, far off in the distant future, though.

• Options
    haha it's journey, although not "heroes journey" ^^
  • Options
    It's 7 stars P2Play journey. You want to play it. Just pay. There is no other way. Not enough time, not enough tries (Hard node), nothing. It's a Credit Card Event like you've never seen in the Game...
  • Options
    Yep. CG has just **** off a ton of people who will be quitting now.

Nj CG!

~D
  • Options
    Ok so... I get that we have 5 OR toons in the game right now. But come on, think about it. What do Mission and Zaalbar add towards Revan’s Hero Journey? But more specifically - what do they add that is somehow more significant than say... Carth and Juhanni?
    The toons we have right now just don’t make sense to me at all. In the Journey, in my opinion, a must-have battle should be Revan, Jolee and Juhanni vs Bastilla. But we don’t have a base Revan, nor do we have Juhanni. This was a pretty major plot moment that should be the second to last fight before Malak.

I don’t think a new raid would make sense either since the devs are still balancing the sith raid. Plus, the difficulty spike would be absolutely insane if it were made harder than STR.

A new Legendary event might be plausible depending on the toons you need. In the case of GMY you didn’t need the opposite faction to unlock him.

In my personal opinion, I think Revan will be a game changer. A whole new type of event being created just for him (at least for right now). This, to me, makes the most sense out of all the options. Revan is a Star Wars legend and he should be treated as the god that he is. (At least until they finally add Jedi Luke and everything will go out the window).

You thought wrong my friend..
This discussion has been closed.