I don’t think the Revan event will be a Hero’s Journey. Why? (Beware slight Kotor spoilers).

Prev13
Ok so... I get that we have 5 OR toons in the game right now. But come on, think about it. What do Mission and Zaalbar add towards Revan’s Hero Journey? But more specifically - what do they add that is somehow more significant than say... Carth and Juhanni?
The toons we have right now just don’t make sense to me at all. In the Journey, in my opinion, a must-have battle should be Revan, Jolee and Juhanni vs Bastilla. But we don’t have a base Revan, nor do we have Juhanni. This was a pretty major plot moment that should be the second to last fight before Malak.

I don’t think a new raid would make sense either since the devs are still balancing the sith raid. Plus, the difficulty spike would be absolutely insane if it were made harder than STR.

A new Legendary event might be plausible depending on the toons you need. In the case of GMY you didn’t need the opposite faction to unlock him.

In my personal opinion, I think Revan will be a game changer. A whole new type of event being created just for him (at least for right now). This, to me, makes the most sense out of all the options. Revan is a Star Wars legend and he should be treated as the god that he is. (At least until they finally add Jedi Luke and everything will go out the window).

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The only hint we have so far is the Terentatek, if it was featured in the video, it sure will be a part of the event too. So, what events featured such special enemies before? Raids, Heroics and special TB missions. Raid is unlikely, so I think that it will be either a new iteration of Heroic or a new TB, if it is something we already know.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of something new entirely. I think an interesting idea would be a "personal raid", working like normal raids but each player on their own. It would reward well-developed rosters while being independent on the guild.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a “personal raid”. I feel pretty useless in my guild when doing the heroics so this would be something I could work towards for myself and actually probably be able to do it.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Well, I concur.
    There is something odd with the hero journey.
    The hero journey require some ‘basic’ character to develope. If Jedi Revan is this basic character, than the next step is Sith Revan.
    But if in CLS and JTL HJ they use the characters who helps them along the way, reproducing the story, that in the case of Revan on his way to the dark side we do not know who was along with him (well, may be except Malak). Introduced OR toons represent the way back from sith to SL Revan, which have no sense as we do not have ‘basic’ character.
    So, I reaaaally doubt it will be HJ
  • Options
    It's funny to me cuz I used to kill Juhani on Dantooine :D and now I know almost nothing about her.

Do mission and zaalbar add more than carth and juhanni? Probably not, but they add enough.

However not having Revan already in the game denies current heroes journeys with luke farmboy and scavenger rey. If that thing is considered as condition, we don't have it :tongue:.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    in the case of Revan on his way to the dark side we do not know who was along with him (well, may be except Malak).

Unless they throw a complete curve ball and give us Jedi Malak AND Jedi Revan and use them for a HJ/Hero’s Downfall with just the 2 of them activating the Star Maps and at the end we unlock Darth Revan and Darth Malak. But that just sounds way too weird and more like wish fulfillment.

You also have the Tarentatek there so yeah, haha. It’s a head-scratcher.

• Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    It's funny to me cuz I used to kill Juhani on Dantooine :D and now I know almost nothing about her.

Fair play, haha. I almost always saved her. I may think like a Sith sometimes but I’m always a Jedi at heart...

Also yeah you’re right. With no base Revan it seems overwhelmingly unlikely regardless.
  • Options
    I'm going with there being a Jedi Revan, which could be legendary. Then, a Darth Revan comes out later as a legendary. Then, you'll need both of them for a "Revan" who's neutral as the hero's journey level character.

At this point, anything could happen.
  • Options
    There is way simpler reason why Revan wont be HJ(or HJ type) event: We dont have Revan in game so he can't go through a journey.
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

Fair play, haha. I almost always saved her. I may think like a Sith sometimes but I’m always a Jedi at heart...

Also yeah you’re right. With no base Revan it seems overwhelmingly unlikely regardless.

I remember I killed her the first time I played through the game. It wasn't until later after having an empty companion slot the whole game, that I realized you could save her.

• Options
    I wouldn't discount a raid option. Could just be a mythic version of the rancor with some increased difficulty. That may or may not put it more difficult than hstr. That likely depends on how op his kit is.

If jedi revan is a raid reward but only good but not amazing (as a setup for a later hero's fall or journey) the raid difficulty could be more than haat but less than hstr. But if he's meta changing, then likely the raid would be hard.
  • Options
    Maybe its a dual event where u have to own 5xold sith empire and 5xold republic to unlock dual side revan?
  • Options
    I've seen the future. Id tell you, but I'd have to kill you ;)
  • Options
    Jedi Revan is going to be a marquee toon. It will be the basic Revan and then they will add a Road to the Dark Side event where you need him and the OR toons to get Darth Revan and then they will add a new raid where you battle the star forge and Darth Malak to get Darth Malak shards. Boom!!
  • Options
    There are a couple issues with the OP statement.
    1) Juhani was an optional character, so she is not integral.
    2) Carth could easily be introduced like R2 or BB8 as an event character needed to unlock the Hero's Journey character.
    3) Canderous would be nice, but isn't necessary.
  • Options
    There are a lot of old republic characters that don't have the OR tag yet. I wouldn't be surprised if you need Treya and company, with assassin, with marauder, or HK.

They made the Sith raid a lot easier and I'm betting its to facilitate more guilds getting Treya. No reason for that unless they have a new super hard raid. Or they know she's going to be needed.
  • Options
    JinTu wrote: »
    There are a couple issues with the OP statement.
    1) Juhani was an optional character, so she is not integral.
    2) Carth could easily be introduced like R2 or BB8 as an event character needed to unlock the Hero's Journey character.
    3) Canderous would be nice, but isn't necessary.

Yeah.. I’ve saved Juhanni so many times that I legit forgot she was optional. Feel so dumb for forgetting that, haha. But, I will stand by saying that having her with Revan and Jolee makes the Bastilla fight so much better and more impactful. Since she herself also fell to the dark side and was brought back.

Maybe with Canderous they could add a Mandalorian faction with the Deathwatch characters from Clone Wars as well as Black Saber Maul.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    Moldrak wrote: »
    There are a lot of old republic characters that don't have the OR tag yet. I wouldn't be surprised if you need Treya and company, with assassin, with marauder, or HK.

They made the Sith raid a lot easier and I'm betting its to facilitate more guilds getting Treya. No reason for that unless they have a new super hard raid. Or they know she's going to be needed.

This way doesn't really work with the storyline though. During the Sith Triumvirate's time, Revan was imprisoned by the Emperor. The only ones that had met Revan were HK and Traya, but Traya was Jedi at the time.
    I think we're most likely looking at a new type of event. Most events don't get a fancy video teaser, so this one's obviously special
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    @Emguy

you are slightly off. Revan was captured and drugged by some other Sith lady. Surik found and freed him, and then he got captured by the Emperor. And Surik is killed by Emperor
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    @HK666
    My bad, was going by memory. Haven't read the book in quite a while now haha
  • Options
    My guess would be either a legendary that requires sith or jedi or a HJ like event that goes through KOTOR I where you need 2 OR toons + have a marquee style Revan added to the team (2 b/c it would be a nod to kotor where you had Revan + 2 companions)
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    Moldrak wrote: »

This way doesn't really work with the storyline though. During the Sith Triumvirate's time, Revan was imprisoned by the Emperor. The only ones that had met Revan were HK and Traya, but Traya was Jedi at the time.
    I think we're most likely looking at a new type of event. Most events don't get a fancy video teaser, so this one's obviously special

They aren't exactly strict with timelines when it comes to legendary events. I'm pretty sure that Gar Saxon, Range trooper, and many more had nothing to do with R2 for his legendary. Don't get me wrong I would love a new type of event. But I think the people panic farming old Republic chars could be in for a surprise.
  • Options
    If I had to guess he will be a new TB toon accompanied by a new TB map. The time frame is off to make money by causing a panic farm. Everybody is simply too far away to make the attempt. Plus many of the recently released toons didn't topple Traya so people will be skeptical this will.

A new TB map however could be very lucrative to CG it would move the goal posts on GP which really takes lots of resources to move as a guild. It would also give them a chance to update what is otherwise stale content and incorporate more g12.5+ and 6e mods into the game.

I think they hit us with the new map in October and then hit us with scoundrels as a panic farm early November.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    If I had to guess he will be a new TB toon accompanied by a new TB map. The time frame is off to make money by causing a panic farm. Everybody is simply too far away to make the attempt. Plus many of the recently released toons didn't topple Traya so people will be skeptical this will.

A new TB map however could be very lucrative to CG it would move the goal posts on GP which really takes lots of resources to move as a guild. It would also give them a chance to update what is otherwise stale content and incorporate more g12.5+ and 6e mods into the game.

I think they hit us with the new map in October and then hit us with scoundrels as a panic farm early November.

Bear in mind that the road ahead pertains to the whole quarter. If the release is meant for December, there is just enough time for a panic farm...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Bear in mind that the road ahead pertains to the whole quarter. If the release is meant for December, there is just enough time for a panic farm...

Yeah but then they wouldn't be showing their hand this early. The timing is off. Clearly this is coming soon. All the whales already have these guys 7* and nobody else is even close so if they run and hero type event for this any time within the next month financially it would flop. If they are giving us a hint for these guys now this isn't a thanksgiving event.
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just check back the official video...
    79i6f1g8yuzc.png
    Hero fading last, it’s clearly intentional
  • Options
    Jedi Revan is going to be a marquee toon. It will be the basic Revan and then they will add a Road to the Dark Side event where you need him and the OR toons to get Darth Revan and then they will add a new raid where you battle the star forge and Darth Malak to get Darth Malak shards. Boom!!

Except Hero's Journey tend to follow the lore provided in the events. The OR toons we have were not in anyway part of Revan's fall to the Dark Side which came prior to him meeting any of those toons (other than Bastila)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Yeah but then they wouldn't be showing their hand this early. The timing is off. Clearly this is coming soon. All the whales already have these guys 7* and nobody else is even close so if they run and hero type event for this any time within the next month financially it would flop. If they are giving us a hint for these guys now this isn't a thanksgiving event.

I think it's still possible. According to the panic farm calculator, one month is bad but two are fine with not too high crystal investment, provided you unlocked the OR marquees. By drumming up the hype now, they could be making sure that people gain sufficient interest and get close enough to give it a shot. And if they give us just a bit less time than would be convenient, the money will roll in.
  • Options
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I believe that it's going to be a legendary. The devs are aware of the recent anger towards too many marquees, and Revan is too big for that kind anyway. Hero's Journey events always included a previous version of the toon you're getting (Farmboy to CLS, Scavenger to JTR), and there's no version of Revan. Plus, the release video started with the words "a legend from the old republic has emerged", which again points to legendary specifically.
    All that being said, they might have created a new type of event, or put him in some existing structure. I really don't know... But my guess is that I'll know very soon.

The problem is that a legendary doesn't really fit either. We usually use an enemy faction to unlock, which in this case would be Mandalorians. And we don't have the tag yet, despite there being three to five (depending whether you count the Fetts) characters already.
This discussion has been closed.