[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Have to admit.... 48 hours to go and no kit reveal does not speak well to the status of this thing. If I had to wager I'd say they're something complicated that's broken right now and they're desperately trying to fix it because they don't want to punt/delay the release because then the people who dropped money on the panic farm will be incensed even more so than they already were. On top of the community as a whole.
    (In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • They gave us a credit heist today, what more do you want from these people?
  • The complete lack of communication since Friday just shows what they think of the player base and how confident they have become that, regardless of what is done and how, people will still play the game and spend :smiley:
  • dn22nk75ydtx.jpeg
    Let’s hope he’s still coming!
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    Well, we're now less than 2 days to release. Still no kit. We've verged past unprofessional and into irresponsible territory. Sounds like typical poor dev work from CG. GUESS WE SHOULDN'T BE SURPRISED.

18 hours left 😂
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, not long ago I had the urge to praise SWGoH for being not such a customer unfriendly, no communicative mobile game as MSF...
    Ohhh, boiiiiii! Was I wroooooong....

Not long ago, I felt like some kind of trust was coming back. I personally feel the communication did improve a tiny bit, CG_SBCrumb is doing an amazing job at teasing new toons... but this? This event is not okay, not at all... I‘m in a position that I could buy the Mission-Saladbar pack and spend like 50-80$ to get all toons to 7* in time (maybe... very close assuming it will be a 2 weeks event)...

This has turned from something „well, we had a short notice *sigh* EA/CG“ living up to their reputation into something like „LoooooL, it is Tuesday and we haven‘t heard a single word ever more. No further delay notice, no apology, no coming soon, we‘re working on it... nothing“-professionality.

If I opened a toy store, I wonder if I‘d be able to sell overpriced Star Wars merch without any of it on the shelves... just price tags and names...

In all honesty and understanding for a company, all this says is "we failed you hard, but we don‘t care". The silent treatment is plain rude to so many customers that actually paid for a product on good faith, the community itself (as you advertise yourself, we should come to the forum: nothing to see here) and it is just bad business which to some extend abuses fandom and loyality to your game...

As I keep saying... it never really bothered me too much that I won‘t get Revan right away. But the way this mess of an event is silently treated speaks -at least to me- louder than anything I have witnessed before: "Give is money we do - or maybe do - something Star Wars-ish like Rian Johnson". (Fanservice that‘s still not fixed: Have you seen the Yavin 4 background with the X-Wing in front of the rebel base? Apparently X-Wings land on their wings unfolded without landing gear... just saying. How does something like that get approved? 12 Million US $ last month )
  • I am 76/100 on mission the rest are done at g8 g11 and 12. I’ve spent hardly $100 to get them to 7 star. This is actually one of the easier farm events so far those 699 packs were great offers. How much has everyone else spent?
  • The sad thing is, once Revans kit is revealed, so many will be saying "worth the wait for the reveal". The sheer contempt the player base is being shown with no communication about what the hell is going on, it's disgusting!
  • I’m just now being able to look at my phone... busy morning and didn’t get to check earlier... I assume by the tons of messages that his kit must be awesome... what are the details? I can’t seem to find them...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    They really put themselves in an awkward position.
    The whales and Krakens already have the 5 toons 7*. Some dolphins are going for him so they have already spent some big money.

They can’t delay the event without creating a refund nightmare ... this is complicated.

You don't get a refund for a delay. It's coming, not abandoned...

Not true at all. People spent on the premise that it would be available at a certain time. If it is delayed, the number of refreshes/packs, etc would have been less and spending would potentially have been less. The timing of the event is material.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    I’m just now being able to look at my phone... busy morning and didn’t get to check earlier... I assume by the tons of messages that his kit must be awesome... what are the details? I can’t seem to find them...

If you pay me $100 I will reveal his kit to you Thursday at 2am.... (20% discount for being in Legion)
  • This is actually one of the easier farm events so far those 699 packs were great offers.

Please define "great offers".
  • it depends on RNG but guess 150 should be enough
  • I think it is quite clear that when CGCrumb said "we will be revealing the final details of Jedi Knight Revan's kit prior to the start of the event next week" he was implying that the Kit will only be revealed directly prior to the start of the event.

Does that suck? Well yes. But they did tell us when they were going the release the information.
  • I'm still confused why it's a journey of REDEMPTION if this Revan isn't even the Revan that went to the dark side. We have no Darth Revan to redeem.

Weird.

Also, Revan was way more powerful when he wielded both sides. So if this JK Revan is going to be one of the strongest characters in this game, is Darth Revan gonna be the first toon to have 4 zeta abilities?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • 0. What’s funny is I probably would have bought the big-z pack had they not revealed to me when the revan event was. If I had 200 or so more omega mats I would have been much more likely to try for revan. This game is basically in hibernation mode for me while I wait on omega mats.
  • I am 76/100 on mission the rest are done at g8 g11 and 12. I’ve spent hardly $100 to get them to 7 star. This is actually one of the easier farm events so far those 699 packs were great offers. How much has everyone else spent?

I spent $30 on Bastila pack as I wanted her for my arena team. I ran the numbers after CG released the requirements and calculated it'll cost me around $300-$500 to get Revan, so it was an easy no go for me. I may buy the rest of the packs - they seem to be an OK deal.
  • 350 from 5* to 7* for me
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I'm no longer worried about not seeing Revan's kit before he launches, I'm actually now worried about Revan HAVING a kit before he launches.

@Palanthian

kpwd3gqg20fm.gif

e18hfntabtfz.jpg

:blush:;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • bpmtpzndvfs1.jpeg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I am 76/100 on mission the rest are done at g8 g11 and 12. I’ve spent hardly $100 to get them to 7 star. This is actually one of the easier farm events so far those 699 packs were great offers. How much has everyone else spent?

$95. Just powered them all to 25/100 and bought 3 weekly shipments and the mission/zaalbar and t3 packs. Jolee and bastila were done already

$0. And it's gonna stay that way. :smirk:;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Wonder what the CG guys are doing right now?

Most likely still running tests and retuning Revan because the initial feedback by testers was so bad. They may have no choice but to push his event back because of this. Who knows though.

My money is on they designed him for pve/str and then realized that the majority of players who will unlock on the first go already have hsith on farm and no need for another str toon so they're trying to add pvp functionality to his kit so the whales and krackens don't rage on the forums of getting rooked.

Or knowing CG they realized he could solo p3 & p4 of hsith so they're scrambling to nerf him so their beloved Sith raid remains an mind numbing grind.
  • At this point, trying to get info from EA/CG is like:

Magic 8-Ball, are we getting Revan kit reveal anytime soon?

yt7kkq9u0mve.gif

Guess it’s time to call Miss Cleo......
  • A Fruitful Day To All & May The Force Be With You

YES REVAN IS COMING!!!
    There is a lot of buzz about the upcoming Revan Release to alot of us despair we may not be able to get him on the first release & there is much agitation about this with many saying he is the biggest pay wall ever but Hey lets come down to earth lets look at things realistically.

1. Revan is a huge toon probably one of the hugest there will ever be ( his other versions still fall under Revan as a Toon).
    2. We all want him because he is gonna be meta defining.
    3. He requires toons only whales or dolphins will have at 7 star
    4. He is a a 7 star event character
    5. Chewy was released before him
    6. Chewy is a totally free gift from the developers who you can get at 5 stars
    7. Chewy is very relevant at 5 stars (i climbed to top 30 in 48 hours from 190+ in Arena with Ogz Chewy Zls Lead Zolo R2-D2 & Chirrut Imwe)
    8. Chewy makes Zls Zolo teams beat Traya Palpitine JTR & Nightsisters teams with right speed & attack pattern. (Dont nerf Chewy Like Scariff Rebel Pathfinder Just After I Mentioned His NS Zombie Like Synergy With Old Daka)
    9. Chewy makes the game so competitive now so many teams can claim top spots so we need a new high i remember when CLS came out ohh boi I wasn't ready one but & he was meta defining. We need something to look forward to something to farm for a target the bar has been raised yet again stop whining & start grinding i missed mission & Zalbar imagine farming them from scratch.
    10. I believe there are still a lot of characters i need to farm i will start farming old republic once am done with JTR In The Mean Time Am Still Have Traya Fantasies lol.
    11. Overall we should be a more supporting community & patronize the brand (Our Beloved Brand) I dont know about you but i would like to pass my account down to my son dont think its a bad idea frankly am not a Whale nor a Dolphin i will like to say am a Piranha i buy the Marquee bundles of toons i feel i like their abilities & wud want to put them into action quickly get them 4 star easy I dont also think its a bad idea to buy crystals once in a while. I love the idea of free to play but i totally understand that bills have to be paid i definitely want it to stay add free.

I hope this post help put people in the right frame of mind in handling the Revan Situation. Keep Grinding.

-GENERAL INSTANT
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • I hope Jedi Revan is super op, because its actually a very easy farm, and so Ill surely pick him up the 2nd time it shows up.
    Enjoy the few months between the 2 events, because thats all what you bought with all that money/hoarded stash.
  • I hope Jedi Revan is super op, because its actually a very easy farm, and so Ill surely pick him up the 2nd time it shows up.
    Enjoy the few months between the 2 events, because thats all what you bought with all that money/hoarded stash.

I hope he's actually balanced. You know good in arena but not op. I'll probably get him the second go too but I also am now on the road to get traya so I don't want that to be a waste either. I like having options.