Road ahead ?

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Waiting outside CG headquarters for the “road ahead”.
    8xkxur2h0ocf.jpeg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I cant think of anything positive they could release that would reduce the massive widening gap betwwen the top and everyone else.... some gap good for game... the Grand Canyon they have created is reaching PONR....

Gap between Haat and no haat gear vs HSTR top 10 vs non top 10 non hstr players has gone beyond silly....

I have given up on that aspect of game.... so I’m praying road ahead just gives us something fun not involving impossible preload RNG or rows of impossible teams to beat....

EDIT hmm maybe i’ll start trying to beat those quests that might be interesting

Honestly at this point releasing something fun > anything else maybe solo challenge not involving guild... so 49 ppl not hating u for not meeting standards or something fun not involving god meta toons like gammo guard mob enforcer teamup where they fight for control of the only laptop left in galaxy the entire office fighting to use at once
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    “ so 49 ppl not hating u for not meeting standards”

You need to find a new guild which is a lot more inclusive. For me the guild experience has been really the exciting thing in this game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    With this "ahead Road" they should do the obvious and re work the clones, Galactic Republic, and Seperatists, but maybe give Maul and by extension Savage a look to see if they deserve anything new. Maul isn't bad by any means, but he is seriously lacking. Again.

There is probably more in the pipeline for Clones than just helmets, considering the pack and bundle in the store. Got them all to G8 to have some baseline, hopefully it will be more when the news drop.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    clxcmlp84bju.gif

I found this excellent Dolphin GIF in another thread. I thought I would share it here.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    Less likely it was the GC who leaked the schedule and more likely it was someone who is close to someone who works at CG. I don't think GC really know when stuff is coming until a few days before it's announced.

Ahnoldt talked about it on a podcast on his channel. A GC was leaking new content and EA launched an investigation into it. Every time there was new content incoming it would be leaked 2 days to 1 week early. That is for sure one reason why test accounts were shut down.

This is very likely what changed the road ahead. Developers were very frustrated with their creations becoming known before release. Supposedly someone leaked Revan’s kit before he was released (don’t know if that was a GC).

So CG/EA will probably restore the test accounts & GC programs with new terms and conditions. Possibly having content reviewed before being made public. Who knows. There’s 30 GC and I think that would be too many to ensure leaks don’t happen. Limit it to 10.

So test accounts are currently shut down. (I’m glad. I think it’s lame having a test account with Maxed Characters show you the end result. Takes out the skill/fun factor).

But really it’s A Game Changer leaking new content & CG’s response is to adjust the road ahead and shut down the program for now. That’s why this has turned into a megathread. The story behind the scenes.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Good to know the behind the scenes.

However I am not quite sure why the players have to pay and wait for this internal drama.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Good to know the behind the scenes.

However I am not quite sure why the players have to pay and wait for this internal drama.

Agreed.

Seems more like you continue forward and revamp the GC program
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Stop being logical. That has no place here.
  • Options
    Can we expect it today do you think? My money is on Thursday or Friday if ever
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options

He said a potential release end of the week ...
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    This Thursday or next week

• Options

Prob fri long weekend.

Leaks always happen. And probably always will. This is a freemium game this is the environment that is created. The more info and more time to prepare is worth a lot.

Cg also gives hints and follows patterns to help players guess. This has changed quite a bit. Especially with Revan.

I believe this is also not only a GC thing but probably a cg/ea thing. No matter what this is terrible and detrimental to a community they barely even consider.

Side note - mods can’t delete your account on here. So I’m stuck in a pd and got back here.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Prob fri long weekend.

Leaks always happen. And probably always will. This is a freemium game this is the environment that is created. The more info and more time to prepare is worth a lot.

Cg also gives hints and follows patterns to help players guess. This has changed quite a bit. Especially with Revan.

I believe this is also not only a GC thing but probably a cg/ea thing. No matter what this is terrible and detrimental to a community they barely even consider.

Side note - mods can’t delete your account on here. So I’m stuck in a pd and got back here.

Yes the only solution is not coming back at all. Since I discovered Reddit 2 weeks ago (I know ...) I think I can make it my only source of info with you tube.
    I hope
  • Options
    I feel old when I go to reddit. It’s kind of weird to navigate through stuff. Get lost.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I feel super old myself lol
    Don’t worry !
    I am 40 ... I am old for the young generation on Reddit.
    But I like the energy
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t like the reddit board structure.

Like here it is easy to find the road ahead thread but on reddit every few hours the threads on the front page change and it’s hard to tell what comments were new since posts in a thread are organized by upvoted and without avatars it’s like communicating with strangers but here I can tell if there is a post by scuba, Nikoms, leef, Vinny etc by looking at the avatar
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options

Prob fri long weekend.

Going back to this, the leaks were bigger than the Gamechangers... The calendar leak was on August that talked about stuff coming in September, October ,November and December. It was someone internal that leaked it all out. Honestly, don't understand delaying the road ahead if people know whats coming. The very medium the games are based on, smartphones get leaked all the time before the announcement and the companies just don't go "lets not release the next iPhone, people know what its going to include"

Even if we know what's coming (via leaks) we can't do anything about it
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Prob fri long weekend.

Going back to this, the leaks were bigger than the Gamechangers... The calendar leak was on August that talked about stuff coming in September, October ,November and December. It was someone internal that leaked it all out. Honestly, don't understand delaying the road ahead if people know whats coming. The very medium the games are based on, smartphones get leaked all the time before the announcement and the companies just don't go "lets not release the next iPhone, people know what its going to include"

Yes! And there are also a lot of fake leaks too. Whenever my alliance runs into them I always say this could be total ****.

The best way to find a leak is disinformation. Think the departed or Tyrion in Clash of Kings.

Concerning Reddit- I too jumped on there because I’m always hungry for info and devs like Reddit more than here. I do not like the Reddit structure either and honestly I have been commenting and reading on here for 2 years.i like it here.

It’s truly a shame because I always felt this place could be something better and instead it went in the opposite way. The road ahead is just the latest example. I’m down because this type of communication and hiccups are the norm. It’s very disappointing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dabro129 wrote: »

Prob fri long weekend.

The leaks they feel hurt revenue. If you can adequately farm stuff prior to this crazed wave of GC announcements then they lose revenue. The model they have requires a bit of secrecy.

From the community side, I guess you could see it this way, but the real issue with leaks is that it forces them to close off the intake of player feedback during development. This is what can actually kill a game faster than a bad quarterly report. There are many open avenues of player feedback for things that exist and they can take those in all the time, but the small group of testers who are just players are where development happens and can help shape the player experience better. Without that everything becomes reactionary like tournaments, active introduced elements of the game being pulled can really throw a wrench in the future plans and development.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hopefully the developers do another Q&A soon and talk about this leaks issue. It would be good to hear from them about what exactly happened and what they are doing to fix it. Don’t pretend the elephant is not in the room. Otherwise we’ll just hear about it from Game Changers.
  • Options
    So is this why The Road Ahead was disrupted because of leaks? This is why it’s more than a month late?
    Hopefully the developers do another Q&A soon and talk about this leaks issue. It would be good to hear from them about what exactly happened and what they are doing to fix it. Don’t pretend the elephant is not in the room. Otherwise we’ll just hear about it from Game Changers.

There is quite a bit for a Q and A but I’m afraid that won’t be enough. Revan requirements, leaks, delayed responses, the ghost town that is these forums in terms of dev chatter, not even talking about improved communication but that was a failure.

I truly hate to be so cynical but how many times will we hear and read the same things over and over and expect it to change.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    So is this why The Road Ahead was disrupted because of leaks? This is why it’s more than a month late?
    We don't know for certain but most likely, yeah
  • Options
    We don't know for certain but most likely, yeah

:raspberry noise: gross.

I’m guessing more so for the calendar part than anything else.

In a twist- when jtr was coming out and I heard the rumors of vets being needed it made me want to spend to get it.
  • Options
    And 900th comment.

@CG_Carrie should I expect any other info related to why the road ahead is being delayed. Or just the road ahead?
  • Options
    True for the vets !
    Because of the leaks I payed for them.
  • Options
    All the delays and re-tunes etc,etc,etc... is the road ahead going to be worth it?
This discussion has been closed.