Anakin

Thoughts on Anakin? I have him at 5 stars but he's soo hard to farm for. Is he worth it?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe close this thread and read this one I saw a few days ago. Think you'll find your answers there

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17873/this-is-what-makes-anakin-so-special/p1

Try searching before posting.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anakin is a very bad toon that dresses bad and has a silly glove.

(Shhhhhh.. Level him quick before others find out about him) ;)

Welcome to the forum!
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Thoughts on Anakin? I have him at 5 stars but he's soo hard to farm for. Is he worth it?

Worth it at end game. He's tanky and hits rather hard
  • Options
    very worth it...one of the better characters with unique combo of speed + aoe + larger health pool...his passive meter gain / O up skill is one of the best in the game.
  • Options
    very worth it...one of the better characters with unique combo of speed + aoe + larger health pool...his passive meter gain / O up skill is one of the best in the game.

You should be a salesman, I'm sold!.
  • Options

You should be a salesman, I'm sold!.

He's giving away all the secrets! :D

He is a great toon in a lot of situations! :)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    First rule of Anakin: don't talk about Anakin.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Hes really bad, don't use him
    Hint hint :wink:
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Wait Anakin is in this game? I couldn't tell cause his nodes never drop anything!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Wait Anakin is in this game? I couldn't tell cause his nodes never drop anything!

LOL
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

True, I farm just 2 locations and I get 2 shards a day if im lucky
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    He aoe my whole team for 4.5k today
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    He aoe my whole team for 4.5k today

Shh, you mean Dooku yes it was Dooku! ;D
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 5*, max gear max level Anakin. I kinda like him. Doesn't hit hard that hard (2k no crit, 3 on crit) but I LOVE his speed, Health, and unique. I run QGJ (L) and dooku, and about half the time I can get offense up for the team on his first turn. Once they kill a teammate, that 90% turn meter gain is very real, and he does good damage (3k no crit, 4.5k crit) Ultimately, I switched him out for a 5* Rey. I like her damage on assists and I'm winning if she gets her turn. Anakin is good, but a little underwhelming at 5*, would still run him over my maxed Lumi and poggle tho
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    His speed health and crit rating are awesome!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    His speed health and crit rating are awesome!

Stop breaking the first rule of Anakin club!
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    I have a 5*, max gear max level Anakin. I kinda like him. Doesn't hit hard that hard (2k no crit, 3 on crit) but I LOVE his speed, Health, and unique. I run QGJ (L) and dooku, and about half the time I can get offense up for the team on his first turn. Once they kill a teammate, that 90% turn meter gain is very real, and he does good damage (3k no crit, 4.5k crit) Ultimately, I switched him out for a 5* Rey. I like her damage on assists and I'm winning if she gets her turn. Anakin is good, but a little underwhelming at 5*, would still run him over my maxed Lumi and poggle tho

Anakin is one of the most significant "late-bloomers". You need his skills to be level 6+ before they start to shine. Not sure how well he does at only 5*'s as I, like many others, found him to be underwhelming when his skills were all level 3, and I didn't bother dabbling with him again until he was 7*'d and the Yoda challenge first released.

He's hard to explain, really. He's like a "Jack of all trades and master of none" (except speed) character if you judge him based on his stats and lackluster performance at skill levels under 5 (even when fully geared and promoted, he still won't shine with low skill levels). BUT... if you fully develop him and develop his skills, he's actually pretty much a "master of all". He'll never be "king" of burst damage in the first round, but as fights progress... Yeah, he can do some amazing things (upwards to 6.2k AoE crit damage with his unique's passive offense up and either a crit damage or offense up leader).

He's quite remarkable, really. He gets a lot of "hate" on the forums, but much of that comes from players that haven't fully developed him. And those that actually HAVE developed him, well... Yeah, they tend not to talk about him ;)
  • Options
    Stupid post. The awesome thing about him is that he sucks at mid levels so most people have been kinda slow realizing he's worth it. Everyone, forget everything you read here. Immediately. You will come away from this thinking Anakin sucks and you will stop farming him. Thanks for your time.

Ovechkin {Team Instinct}
  • Options
    It's too bad he is such a significant investment to get viable.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie, can you please delete this thread?
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Haha secrets out the bag, I farmed him
    Since he was released bc I love aniken, and he is truly useless until completely maxed
    He's no one trick pony, he lasts the whole fight and due to his unique ability he has involvement through the entire fight, he has good
    Damage and aoe when buffed, can create himself atleast 4/5 attacks every fight, 80% of which are buffed.
    He has no first turn threat so he isn't targeted
    He disrupts the flow of the match with his crazy 90% turn meter gain. He truly loves up to his description and I believe they done well with his great character