I didn't realize how much damage GS actually does!!!!!!!

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How about this? What's the most damage you've ever seen GS do to one of your toons? Or the most he has done to another toon for you?
    He does a lot of damage, but less than my IG86. Less than QGJ too, if the assisting char is a hard hitter. If there is something that need balancing is hisbhp and speed. His damage is huge, because the damage in the game is huge in general, not just him.

He has the problem that he got gear 9 before the rest. Dunno why CG did that but I feel it is a mistake. Without gear 9 he has 10400 HP and Speed 140. I think CG should have made him gear 8 max like everybody. Now the damage is done. Depending when the cap is going to raise it might be worth to check if his gear can be changed, but it is a problem to change gear because some people who are farming right now his gear might get upset if they change it in the middle of the farming. If the cap is going to be raised in March or early April, I would let the cap raise balance him
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    HRS and RP definitely as OP as GS, so let's just nerf everything.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT A NERF THREAD! I'll defend my position that I think he's op if someone says otherwise, but it's not a nerf thread.

RP could use a slight balance, but he's not op. He does no where near the consistent dame that GS does, that's why I included numbers for comments like this.

HRS is not in the least bit op. Does he get offense up consistently and deal at least 12k every other turn? No.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT A NERF THREAD! I'll defend my position that I think he's op if someone says otherwise, but it's not a nerf thread.

You can't have it both ways. Either he's op and need balanced (aka nerfed) or is not op and is fine.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    For single targets GS makes GW, and Arena so much easier. He is not a end all character, despite the cries he is too powerful. He dies just as quickly as anyone else in the high speed meta. Now what would be OP if GS had AoE assist! haha

That would be ridiculous!

Although, with almost 12.5 thousand health he doesn't die that quickly. Rey does massive damage, every 4 turns not 2, and only has 10,150 health. So how is he not overpowered? That is the very definition of overpowered. The fact that no other character in this game can come close to the consistent, not burst, damage of this guy proof enough for me.

His high health is primarily due to the fact of his gear level in my opinion. It's no different than when Tie could access gear 8 when the rest could not. The developers intentionally allowed us to have him at gear 9 for a reason, some type of thought or reasoning had to go into it. Even if it is not immediately known at this current state in the game. Or perhaps he was meant to be a counter balance to other high damage characters. Who knows, it's unfortunate we don't have open communication with the dev team like other games do to ask why. For all we know perhaps he was meant to be a chrome exclusive character and changed at the last minute.

i don't like to post conspiracy theories and in fact i hardly buy into any of them...but here's my take on it:
    certain characters are OP and 'meta' if they have access to higher gear levels due to the way level caps are handled. this means many players will chase after that character and spend resources (ie crystals) to have that advantage for awhile. the next level cap could introduce another 'OP' character with access to higher gear levels and i'll bet that many players will go chase after that hero too. the cycle will repeat until the max level cap
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I just used an allies GS and it is insane how op this toon is.

He has almost 12 and a half thousand hit points.

His special cools down in one turn. His special crits for over 6k without offense up. With offense up, his special crits for over 10k plus the damage from the assist, which can range from 2k - 4.5k depending on the assisting toon. That is 12.5k to 15k damage that he can do every other turn. That is enough to kill a toon with a medium-high health pool in one shot.

His basic has a 55% chance to gain offense up for 2 turns. His basic does 4.5k - 5k crits. With offense up it crits for over 6k.

So over 2 turns this toon does up to 20,000+ damage. Then it is reset for the next turn to do another 12k - 14.5k. That is an average of 10k damage per turn at a max.

He may not do max damage EVERY turn, but since he has high crit chance plus the bonus chance, he does crit 80%-90% of the time. So he does do close to his max potential damage in actual gameplay.

There is no other character in the game capable of this kind of extreme damage. This is really just unacceptable that GS has gone this long without them giving this toon some adjustments.

I play GS allot in arena and GW and still win, but I think it just provides an unfair boost for anybody running him. I have enough of his shards to 7* him and he is already at lvl 55 for me and gear level 5. It wouldn't be hard for me to max him out, but I'm not bc he is really just way op. So please don't say I'm just mad bc I didn't start on him earlier.

This is my opinion of course, but can anyone actually say that he doesn't do way to too much damage for any one toon?

Did you edit your post to add more exclamation marks?
    :lol:

???

I think you may need to invest in glasses, there are none of those.

wot m8?

I thought you had three exclamation marks and edited it later.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    To add a little about what @Telaan said

He is in gear 9 and only one spot from being gear 10. Just about everyone else is in gear 8 ( could be wrong but I think Yoda, and greedo only others in gear 9 ) If it goes like last update with toons such as JC, FOTP, and boba, then he will hit gear 10 with patch and so will everyone else. This means GS will stay where he is now, maybe improve a little, while everyone else will improve greatly.

Actually Greedo is capped at gear 8, 9 or 10 depending on how lucky or unlucky you are.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    How about this? What's the most damage you've ever seen GS do to one of your toons? Or the most he has done to another toon for you?
    He does a lot of damage, but less than my IG86. Less than QGJ too, if the assisting char is a hard hitter. If there is something that need balancing is hisbhp and speed. His damage is huge, because the damage in the game is huge in general, not just him.

He has the problem that he got gear 9 before the rest. Dunno why CG did that but I feel it is a mistake. Without gear 9 he has 10400 HP and Speed 140. I think CG should have made him gear 8 max like everybody. Now the damage is done. Depending when the cap is going to raise it might be worth to check if his gear can be changed, but it is a problem to change gear because some people who are farming right now his gear might get upset if they change it in the middle of the farming. If the cap is going to be raised in March or early April, I would let the cap raise balance him

Those are his stats at gear 8 without any additional gear equipped so that's a bit misleading. I agree though that it is a mistake to allow heroes to jump to higher gear levels.
  • Options
    He is gear 9 right now and he got no crowd control or life saving abilities like others, he may seen op right now but he will balance out later at lv80. He is a good short term investment.
  • Options

LOL! Call me old if you want, but what the heck does /facepalm mean?

LOL... Facepalm... Classic :smiley:
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    .... Really? /facepalm

Lol[/quote]

/facepalm means the following. Upon reading, hearing and or seeing an act of unrivaled stupidity the only logical reply I could come up with is to implant the palm of my hand into my forehead In a unsuccessful attempt to induce short term memory loss via the affects of amnesia. Sorry for spelling punctuation errors on phone inbetween exams.
  • Options

He is in gear 9 and only one spot from being gear 10. Just about everyone else is in gear 8 ( could be wrong but I think Yoda, and greedo only others in gear 9 ) If it goes like last update with toons such as JC, FOTP, and boba, then he will hit gear 10 with patch and so will everyone else. This means GS will stay where he is now, maybe improve a little, while everyone else will improve greatly.

There are many times in gear nine right now.Yoda, ima, Ben, GS, ect. None do what GS can do.

When the cap raises whose to say that he won't be in gear 11 while others are in 10 just like it is now with gear 8&9.
    I'm just saying that even if he wasn't in gear nine he would still do loads more damage on a constant basis than anyone else. This just surprised me at the amount.

• Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    For single targets GS makes GW, and Arena so much easier. He is not a end all character, despite the cries he is too powerful. He dies just as quickly as anyone else in the high speed meta. Now what would be OP if GS had AoE assist! haha

Although, with almost 12.5 thousand health he doesn't die that quickly. Rey does massive damage, every 4 turns not 2, and only has 10,150 health. So how is he not overpowered? That is the very definition of overpowered. The fact that no other character in this game can come close to the consistent, not burst, damage of this guy proof enough for me.

His high health is primarily due to the fact of his gear level in my opinion. It's no different than when Tie could access gear 8 when the rest could not. The developers intentionally allowed us to have him at gear 9 for a reason, some type of thought or reasoning had to go into it. Even if it is not immediately known at this current state in the game. Or perhaps he was meant to be a counter balance to other high damage characters. Who knows, it's unfortunate we don't have open communication with the dev team like other games do to ask why. For all we know perhaps he was meant to be a chrome exclusive character and changed at the last minute.

i don't like to post conspiracy theories and in fact i hardly buy into any of them...but here's my take on it:
    certain characters are OP and 'meta' if they have access to higher gear levels due to the way level caps are handled. this means many players will chase after that character and spend resources (ie crystals) to have that advantage for awhile. the next level cap could introduce another 'OP' character with access to higher gear levels and i'll bet that many players will go chase after that hero too. the cycle will repeat until the max level cap

Good point, they sure did get money out of me in form of crystals. I started farming him back when I was pushed into the stone age by a high spender with QGJ and GS. First time around I passed him up thinking Luke was better...
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Lolerkats

Not sure what that means
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Heisen wrote: »

Those are his stats without any additional gear equipped so that's a bit misleading. I agree though that it is a mistake to allow heroes to jump to higher gear levels.

140 speed is with max gear 8 snd all extra slots filled but the 50 handcuffs, (last piece I filled) if I recall correctly. Gear 8 without any added gear was 134 speed (per swgohdb). Not sure about health but I think it was close
  • Options
    @bentwookie. **** I T Y was filtered really? It's definition is: "the quality of being stupid or unintelligent" - Google

The system really identifies this as a derogatory and or vulgar word?

/facepalm. @SaintEaters See, like that.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options

Those are his stats at gear 8 without any additional gear equipped so that's a bit misleading. I agree though that it is a mistake to allow heroes to jump to higher gear levels.

140 speed is with max gear 8 but the 50 handcuffs, (last piece I filled) if I recall correctly. Gear 8 without any added gear was 134 speed (per swgohdb). Not sure about health but I think it was close

Yea that's right, hp should be over 11k though, 10.4k is without anything. But yea, close enough I guess.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

There are many times in gear nine right now.Yoda, ima, Ben, GS, ect. None do what GS can do.

When the cap raises whose to say that he won't be in gear 11 while others are in 10 just like it is now with gear 8&9.
    I'm just saying that even if he wasn't in gear nine he would still do loads more damage on a constant basis than anyone else. This just surprised me at the amount.

Both Yoda and Ben are being used in meta teams. The only difference between those toons is that GS is universally beneficial as a plug and play toon, whereas Ben and Yoda require synergies.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Good point, they sure did get money out of me in form of crystals. I started farming him back when I was pushed into the stone age by a high spender with QGJ and GS. First time around I passed him up thinking Luke was better...

same...and here i am, such a sucker with my yet to be 7* qgj LOL
    mighty chlorians
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    He doesn't. If you just learned about his damage it doesn't sound like you have enough game experience to make an OP judgement.

I rank#1 in my server Dailey and have played this game a while now. I'm also quite frequent in these forums. I'm willing to bet I have more experience than you.

Just the fact that you just said GS doesn't do insane damage tells me you know very little about this game. I just used him right before I made this post and I am 100% sure he does this much damage bc I saw out with my own eyes.

Do you have a maxed out GS? If so, you probably just don't want him to be balanced. If not, then you shouldn't have made that comment.

If you don't believe me, search the forum for threads about how op GS is.

I've just never patted attention to how much it actually read while playing him. Once you see the amount in real numbers it's an eye opener.

There is NO way you rank #1 on your server and not seen GS damage before. Maybe you should try leveling up all the toons you payed money for. There are harder hitters.
  • Options

All true and possible. I hope you are right.

Still though, with Rey being one of the highest damage toons in the game, GS still outclasses her in damage on a constant basis. GS goes: assist, basic- get offense up, assist, and so on. Rey had to use 2 turns and 2 specials that take 4 turns to cooldown to do slightly more damage than GS can do in one turn and then cooldown in one turn.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options

same...and here i am, such a sucker with my yet to be 7* qgj LOL

Second they announced QGJ for free I pushed him to 7, don't regret it for a second. Only thing I regret is not getting Dooku to 7 star sooner, now he is almost 6...
  • Options
    Not close to OP but good toon.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

You can't have it both ways. Either he's op and need balanced (aka nerfed) or is not op and is fine.

A nerf, imo, Is when balancing goes overboard. Balancing is not killing a characters playability. That's how I see the term at least.

Still, as I said, it was never about him being op, up, orr or whatever else a toon can be. It was about the actual damage he put out numbers wise. By saying it's a nerf thread people start to comment as it is a nerf thread.
  • Options
    @bentwookie. <censored word> was filtered really? It's definition is: "the quality of being stupid or unintelligent" - Google

Yes.. It seems silly, but it is a commonly used insult & best to avoid easy personal attacks. The users of this forum are brighter than most. Bright enough to know words that can get past the filter and get their meaning across.

So it's really no big deal.
    :)

• SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just used an allies GS and it is insane how op this toon is.

He has almost 12 and a half thousand hit points.

His special cools down in one turn. His special crits for over 6k without offense up. With offense up, his special crits for over 10k plus the damage from the assist, which can range from 2k - 4.5k depending on the assisting toon. That is 12.5k to 15k damage that he can do every other turn. That is enough to kill a toon with a medium-high health pool in one shot.

His basic has a 55% chance to gain offense up for 2 turns. His basic does 4.5k - 5k crits. With offense up it crits for over 6k.

So over 2 turns this toon does up to 20,000+ damage. Then it is reset for the next turn to do another 12k - 14.5k. That is an average of 10k damage per turn at a max.

He may not do max damage EVERY turn, but since he has high crit chance plus the bonus chance, he does crit 80%-90% of the time. So he does do close to his max potential damage in actual gameplay.

There is no other character in the game capable of this kind of extreme damage. This is really just unacceptable that GS has gone this long without them giving this toon some adjustments.

I play GS allot in arena and GW and still win, but I think it just provides an unfair boost for anybody running him. I have enough of his shards to 7* him and he is already at lvl 55 for me and gear level 5. It wouldn't be hard for me to max him out, but I'm not bc he is really just way op. So please don't say I'm just mad bc I didn't start on him earlier.

This is my opinion of course, but can anyone actually say that he doesn't do way to too much damage for any one toon?

Did you edit your post to add more exclamation marks?
    :lol:

???

I think you may need to invest in glasses, there are none of those.

wot m8?

I thought you had three exclamation marks and edited it later.

Oh, you meant the title. I see now. Ha Ha. No, I did the edit bc I'm typing on my phone with Swype and always have a ton of spelling errors.

I put that many bc I was amazed at the numbers. I just had never really thought it was that much.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

140 speed is with max gear 8 but the 50 handcuffs, (last piece I filled) if I recall correctly. Gear 8 without any added gear was 134 speed (per swgohdb). Not sure about health but I think it was close

Yea that's right, hp should be over 11k though, 10.4k is without anything. But yea, close enough I guess.

I don't think HP increase that much without upgrading to gear 9. If I recall correctly, most the slots were +AGI and +damage or + crit, which don't give hp . It got better STR with the upgrade to gear 9 and some +HP gear as well
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    @bentwookie. <censored word> was filtered really? It's definition is: "the quality of being stupid or unintelligent" - Google

Yes.. It seems silly, but it is a commonly used insult & best to avoid easy personal attacks. The users of this forum are brighter than most. Bright enough to know words that can get past the filter and get their meaning across.

So it's really no big deal.
    :)

:) I wish I was wookie smart and not so nonsensicle.
  • Options

I'm sure about ig86 bc I don't have him maxed, but I imagine if it is a droid squads then the 75% crit dame would make it more. GS doesn't need a special squad though. I think that even if qui-gon called a heavy hitter it would still be less, but the comparison is very similar.

I'm not sure about the stats for gear 8 but I agree with what @cosmicturtle333 said in his response.
  • Options
    Gobear5555 wrote: »
    He is gear 9 right now and he got no crowd control or life saving abilities like others, he may seen op right now but he will balance out later at lv80. He is a good short term investment.

I hope so and I'm willing to wait it out. That's why I said I wasn't screaming for a nerf.

They have said that they are not going to increase cap forever though. So if this is the last cap increase or, close to it at least, they should really start trying to balance some of these characters out and develop more definitive roles they would play on a team.
  • Options

LOL! Call me old if you want, but what the heck does /facepalm mean?

LOL... Facepalm... Classic :smiley:
    .... Really? /facepalm

Lol

/facepalm means the following. Upon reading, hearing and or seeing an act of unrivaled stupidity the only logical reply I could come up with is to implant the palm of my hand into my forehead In a unsuccessful attempt to induce short term memory loss via the affects of amnesia. Sorry for spelling punctuation errors on phone inbetween exams. [/quote]

Sounds like something a mentally handicapped person would do, but hey, good luck with those exams
  • Options
    @bentwookie. **** I T Y was filtered really? It's definition is: "the quality of being stupid or unintelligent" - Google

Ahhhh, I see now. Still seems handicapped to me... :smiley:
    J/J man. It's funny