I didn't realize how much damage GS actually does!!!!!!!

Prev1345
SaintEaters
412 posts Member
edited March 2016
I just used an allies GS and it is insane how op this toon is.

He has almost 12 and a half thousand hit points.

His special cools down in one turn. His special crits for over 6k without offense up. With offense up, his special crits for over 10k plus the damage from the assist, which can range from 2k - 4.5k depending on the assisting toon. That is 12.5k to 15k damage that he can do every other turn. That is enough to kill a toon with a medium-high health pool in one shot.

His basic has a 55% chance to gain offense up for 2 turns. His basic does 4.5k - 5k crits. With offense up it crits for over 6k.

So over 2 turns this toon does up to 20,000+ damage. Then it is reset for the next turn to do another 12k - 14.5k. That is an average of 10k damage per turn at a max.

He may not do max damage EVERY turn, but since he has high crit chance plus the bonus chance, he does crit 80%-90% of the time. So he does do close to his max potential damage in actual gameplay.

There is no other character in the game capable of this kind of extreme damage. This is really just unacceptable that GS has gone this long without them giving this toon some adjustments.

I play GS allot in arena and GW and still win, but I think it just provides an unfair boost for anybody running him. I have enough of his shards to 7* him and he is already at lvl 55 for me and gear level 5. It wouldn't be hard for me to max him out, but I'm not bc he is really just way op. So please don't say I'm just mad bc I didn't start on him earlier.

This is my opinion of course, but can anyone actually say that he doesn't do way to too much damage for any one toon?

Replies

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't. If you just learned about his damage it doesn't sound like you have enough game experience to make an OP judgement.
  • Options
    Lol, he's asking for a nerf in a indirect way.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Not so subtle, I'd say.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    He doesn't. If you just learned about his damage it doesn't sound like you have enough game experience to make an OP judgement.

I rank#1 in my server Dailey and have played this game a while now. I'm also quite frequent in these forums. I'm willing to bet I have more experience than you.

Just the fact that you just said GS doesn't do insane damage tells me you know very little about this game. I just used him right before I made this post and I am 100% sure he does this much damage bc I saw out with my own eyes.

Do you have a maxed out GS? If so, you probably just don't want him to be balanced. If not, then you shouldn't have made that comment.

If you don't believe me, search the forum for threads about how op GS is.

I've just never patted attention to how much it actually read while playing him. Once you see the amount in real numbers it's an eye opener.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

People are learning to be more creative.

He's not op. Buuuuut, here we go again with yet another nerf GS thread.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Not so subtle, I'd say.

Ya, I stopped reading after second line.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    After reading, he must have access to some OP bugged version of the bug (pun intended). Mine does not have 80-90% crit chance and don't do 20.000 damage in two turns, and does not crit for 5000 without Offense Up. So yes, his Geo might be OP. 90% crit is quite a lot :neutral:

He is lucky tho. His ally is using Geo as a leader without leader skills :smiley:
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

I'm also quite frequent in these forums. I'm willing to bet I have more experience than you.

Keyboard warriors doesn't necessarily mean more experience in game.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Not once did I say nerf GS. He does need to be balanced bit that want the point of this thread.

The point was to... Well maybe it is another nerf GS thread :smiley:

Ha Ha. Really, I was just amazed at these numbers. I have almost every toon in this game and not one can come close to the damage this dude puts out on a 2 turn cycle, not even Rey.

Seriously, has anyone ever really took note of the amount of damage he does? I know allot of people who use him will say that he doesn't or try to change the subject to something else. But I'm not trying to say nerf him. All I'm saying is that his damage is crazy and has anyone else really noticed the amount. I mean other than saying GS does allot of damage.

And it does amaze me that poe got so much controversy and even Dooku, yet GS is more potent than both (maybe not Poe, but Poe wouldn't be that good if GS and a few other didn't exist.

Let him stay for all I care, I deal with him just fine. It's just not good for the balance of the game is all.

PS @Telaan , I'm very upset with you. I thought we had talked about this non helpful, sarcastic, and snide attitude of yours. I think your going to need a time out so you can think about your actions.

By saying it's a nerf GS thread, you make it into one. If it was a nerf GS thread, it would have said it in the title.
  • Options

Not once did I say nerf GS. He does need to be balanced bit that want the point of this thread.

Ha Ha. Really, I was just amazed at these numbers. I have almost every toon in this game and not one can come close to the damage this dude puts out on a 2 turn cycle, not even Rey.

Seriously, has anyone ever really took note of the amount of damage he does? I know allot of people who use him will say that he doesn't or try to change the subject to something else. But I'm not trying to say nerf him. All I'm saying is that his damage is crazy and has anyone else really noticed the amount. I mean other than saying GS does allot of damage.

And it does amaze me that poe got so much controversy and even Dooku, yet GS is more potent than both (maybe not Poe, but Poe wouldn't be that good if GS and a few other didn't exist.

Let him stay for all I care, I deal with him just fine. It's just not good for the balance of the game is all.

/facepalm
  • Options
    .... Really? /facepalm
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

/facepalm

LOL! Call me old if you want, but what the heck does /facepalm mean?

LOL... Facepalm... Classic :smiley:
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    .... Really? /facepalm

Lol
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Ha Ha. Really, I was just amazed at these numbers. I have almost every toon in this game and not(....)

By saying it's a nerf GS thread, you make it into one. If it was a nerf GS thread, it would have said it in the title.

The irony is strong in this one
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You have to realize he has access to an extra gear level that only a couple others do. As a result he has access to slots that provide him with speed that puts him near the top of the speed bracket.

GS is not anywhere near as potent as pre nerf Poe. Not even on the same planet. Sorry. Arguably he is the strongest DPS in the game. But certainly not op. During pre-nerf Poe era it was rare to get rank 1 without him. He was the foundation of virtually every competitive team. GS isn't even required.

As far as me being snarky or snide. Expect that anytime you create a nerf thread that you attempt to disguise as something else. Anyone familiar with me knows that I troll these kinds of threads....especially when it's yet one more in an obnoxious line of recent ones. I think I'm fairly well known on these forums, and I've got a fairly established MO. I invite you to peruse my posting history and you'll find in extremely helpful and contribute to those worth the effort.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    What's cool is he is also super fast and has tons of health
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    You have to realize he has access to an extra gear level that only a couple others do. As a result he has access to slots that provide him with speed that puts him near the top of the speed bracket.

GS is not anywhere near as potent as pre nerf Poe. Not even on the same planet. Sorry. Arguably he is the strongest DPS in the game. But certainly not op. During pre-nerf Poe era it was rare to get rank 1 without him. He was the foundation of virtually every competitive team. GS isn't even required.

As far as me being snarky or snide. Expect that anytime you create a nerf thread when that you attempt to disguise as something else. Anyone familiar with me knows that I troll these kinds of threads....especially when it's yet one more in an obnoxious line of recent ones.

I don't think it's a good idea to hold pre nerf Poe as the standard for what is OP. That's a bit too much :D
  • Options

This is spot on. He's very strong in this current patch but everyone will catch up once the level cap has being raised.

Tekken 7
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    I try to avoid GS teams, hate that stupid bug. He sure is awesome tho on my ftp account. Steam rollin left and right!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Ha Ha. Really, I was just amazed at these numbers. I have almost every toon in this game and not(....)

The irony is strong in this one

Ha ha, i was just joking, hence the laugh face. I have no problem being blunt about what I mean in a thread. Look at my history and you'll see that. I would say nerf, but I would have said something to that tune.

This was simply an observation I had and I was curious if people knew how much damage GS did besides just heading that he did allot of damage as I had. I had also seen the damage he did but in the course of an arena match you don't really do and make a note of the amount.

If you want my opinion I'll give it to you. Yes, he needs some definite balancing. So do allot of other characters. Should he be the first, I'm not sure. I suppose if I was gonna balance a game I would start with ones that had the biggest affect on the meta.

AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A NERF GS THREAD. IF I WAS UNCLEAR BEFORE I'LL CLEAR IT UP NOW. NOT A NERF GS THREAD.

When ****. said it was a nerf GS thread in like the 3rd post or so then everyone started viewing it that way.

How about this? What's the most damage you've ever seen GS do to one of your toons? Or the most he has done to another toon for you?
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Double post, sorry
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    For single targets GS makes GW, and Arena so much easier. He is not a end all character, despite the cries he is too powerful. He dies just as quickly as anyone else in the high speed meta. Now what would be OP if GS had AoE assist! haha
  • Options
    This one time at banned camp.. We made canoes out of bricks of soap. :)

GS is a great toon, fun to run.. But pretty easy to deal with and hardly OP.
  • Options

His special cools down in one turn. His special crits for over 6k without offense up. With offense up, his special crits for over 10k plus the damage from the assist, which can range from 2k - 4.5k depending on the assisting toon. That is 12.5k to 15k damage that he can do every other turn. That is enough to kill a toon with a medium-high health pool in one shot.

His basic has a 55% chance to gain offense up for 2 turns. His basic does 4.5k - 5k crits. With offense up it crits for over 6k.

So over 2 turns this toon does up to 20,000+ damage. Then it is reset for the next turn to do another 12k - 14.5k. That is an average of 10k damage per turn at a max.

He may not do max damage EVERY turn, but since he has high crit chance plus the bonus chance, he does crit 80%-90% of the time. So he does do close to his max potential damage in actual gameplay.

There is no other character in the game capable of this kind of extreme damage. This is really just unacceptable that GS has gone this long without them giving this toon some adjustments.

I play GS allot in arena and GW and still win, but I think it just provides an unfair boost for anybody running him. I have enough of his shards to 7* him and he is already at lvl 55 for me and gear level 5. It wouldn't be hard for me to max him out, but I'm not bc he is really just way op. So please don't say I'm just mad bc I didn't start on him earlier.

This is my opinion of course, but can anyone actually say that he doesn't do way to too much damage for any one toon?

Did you edit your post to add more exclamation marks?
    :lol:
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    For single targets GS makes GW, and Arena so much easier. He is not a end all character, despite the cries he is too powerful. He dies just as quickly as anyone else in the high speed meta. Now what would be OP if GS had AoE assist! haha

That would be ridiculous!

Although, with almost 12.5 thousand health he doesn't die that quickly. Rey does massive damage, every 4 turns not 2, and only has 10,150 health. So how is he not overpowered? That is the very definition of overpowered. The fact that no other character in this game can come close to the consistent, not burst, damage of this guy proof enough for me.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    HRS and RP definitely as OP as GS, so let's just nerf everything.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    HRS and RP definitely as OP as GS, so let's just nerf everything.

Lolerkats
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    This one time at banned camp.. We made canoes out of bricks of soap. :)

GS is a great toon, fun to run.. But pretty easy to deal with and hardly OP.

What's banned camp, a place for special people to do special activities? :smiley:

It was fun to play with him and I said that I deal with him all the time, but that doesn't mean he's not op. If a character has more strength than all others with none of their weaknesses (eg speed for example, or cooldown time) then I would think it would be overpowered in relation to the rest.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    To add a little about what @Telaan said

He is in gear 9 and only one spot from being gear 10. Just about everyone else is in gear 8 ( could be wrong but I think Yoda, and greedo only others in gear 9 ) If it goes like last update with toons such as JC, FOTP, and boba, then he will hit gear 10 with patch and so will everyone else. This means GS will stay where he is now, maybe improve a little, while everyone else will improve greatly.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

That would be ridiculous!

Although, with almost 12.5 thousand health he doesn't die that quickly. Rey does massive damage, every 4 turns not 2, and only has 10,150 health. So how is he not overpowered? That is the very definition of overpowered. The fact that no other character in this game can come close to the consistent, not burst, damage of this guy proof enough for me.

His high health is primarily due to the fact of his gear level in my opinion. It's no different than when Tie could access gear 8 when the rest could not. The developers intentionally allowed us to have him at gear 9 for a reason, some type of thought or reasoning had to go into it. Even if it is not immediately known at this current state in the game. Or perhaps he was meant to be a counter balance to other high damage characters. Who knows, it's unfortunate we don't have open communication with the dev team like other games do to ask why. For all we know perhaps he was meant to be a chrome exclusive character and changed at the last minute.
  • Options

Did you edit your post to add more exclamation marks?
    :lol:

???

I think you may need to invest in glasses, there are none of those.