Darth Sidious, buffed?!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Oh and I love Maul critting for 5k on Jedi xD I was going to drop him for a 5* soon but now I'll gave to keep him on. I always used to hit other Mauls first before the buff because that second skill is brutal, now even more so.
  • Options
    Sidious did NOT need a buff. What did they do to Bariss? All she needed was a HP decrease and she was fine. Dooku on the other hand.... I'm still getting nailed with 4 hits in a row simultaneously. His 100% counter with a what seems like a 75% chance for bonus attacks, with turn increase is insane. Then again I could just be the victim of RNG.

Now Poe's expose on taunt... Holy crap that could be a mess. Anyone had any experience with him yet? Is he Tanky? I know it says he is a tank... But so is storm trooper Han and he just melts.
  • Options
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Things like this happen to avoid cookie cutter teams and make people mix and match. Right now theres a good pool of characters too use. If you want to use jedis you'll have advantage against some and be weak against others. If you want to use droids, the same issue.
    Except that is not the case. A Jedi team doesn't have advantages over any team. In face, they have the most disadvantages in that so many characters become even stronger when facing Jedi.

Dooku gains additional debuffs and better chances at applying debuffs.

Sid has insane evasion.

Darth Maul gains double damage.

Cad Bane gains additional crit chance, crit damage, and can remove 100% turn timer.

Hk-47 gains double chance to inflict debuffs

Vader's basic attack can not be evaded or resisted

Magnaguard gains double the chance to for his effects

There is not a single unit that gains any advantage against Sith units, and no unit type that has so many already strong characters that get even stronger when fighting them. The closest to being this bad off is Droids, but the units that counter them aren't typically as strong in a general sense.
  • Options
    Developers have seen Jedi only teams nobody can win against, even when you put a dream team designed to combat them. This buff isn't a problem, it's balancing the paper rock sccissors and Sid is very easy to get, and you don't need money. Thank the Developers!
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    And they nerfed bariss... Tis a good day!

what does that mean?
  • Options
    Yes glad I didnt get bariss and my Sidious is about to be 5*s praise lord, as for his AOE the damage it dealt was extremely low. Glad they Buffed it.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I must be crazy but I still like Bariss. And well, yeah, I'm loving SIDIOUS lol
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see to much difference in Sideous, his aoe barely breaks 1.5k at 5* gear 7. Not tested his evade much, possible cause Maul kills all Jedi before they hit him heehee.
  • Options
    So which character would be a good counter against Sidious and Maul?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see to much difference in Sideous, his aoe barely breaks 1.5k at 5* gear 7. Not tested his evade much, possible cause Maul kills all Jedi before they hit him heehee.

Watch how often he evades...
  • Options
    Except that is not the case. A Jedi team doesn't have advantages over any team. In face, they have the most disadvantages in that so many characters become even stronger when facing Jedi.

Dooku gains additional debuffs and better chances at applying debuffs.

Sid has insane evasion.

Darth Maul gains double damage.

Cad Bane gains additional crit chance, crit damage, and can remove 100% turn timer.

Hk-47 gains double chance to inflict debuffs

Vader's basic attack can not be evaded or resisted

Magnaguard gains double the chance to for his effects

There is not a single unit that gains any advantage against Sith units, and no unit type that has so many already strong characters that get even stronger when fighting them. The closest to being this bad off is Droids, but the units that counter them aren't typically as strong in a general sense.

A decently synergized jedi team before the buff had one tough and frustating thing, they heal up very fast. They also have buffs/synergies that speed up their meter and can attack fairly fast.

Quick question. Apart from just having everyone with swords, does the game give you a bonus for every character in the battle being a jedi? Apart from leader abilities?

For pvp you know people with good ranks and squads, both f2p and p2p, will have the best mixed and matched squad and not just all lightsabers for the fun of it.

• Options

Luminara useful against Maul, she'll go first so she can ability block him. At least his AoE out the way then.
  • Options
    Sidious evade is only buffed 35%, that's good compared to count dooms 100% counter. If they buffed his evade to 100% then yeah that's unfair but he can still be killed easily and he won't evade EVERY. He did need a buff on his AOE as it was weak as. Glad they nerves Bariss although it is unfair to those that paid $79.99 for her lol
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure what the devs were thinking, as he was already the most soughtafter character from Arena and it fell like you were gimping yourself if you bothered to choose anything else. So they decide it's a good thing to offer him -significant- buffs with this:
    Known for his ability to outmaneuver Jedi with seemingly unnatural capabilities, this component of his persona is now being rolled into his ability kit.
    Sadistic Glee: gains “In addition, he has +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks.

As well as this:
    Demoralizing Blows: base damage increased by approximately 40%.

Honestly, he should have been nerfed, if anything. His AoE was very strong and his heal immunity was already almost gamebreakingly strong. The only way for a Jedi lineup to stand a chance against him was to burst him down quick, but now that he has 35% evade that won't be possible. All the while he will be doing more damage than ever. Sigh.

Ig88, anikin and a number of others have heal immunity. If you have a negative effects remover, ewok elder Akbar and one other I forgot who.

Granted he is really strong and I think this buff wasn't a good idea. But 40% on base is not really much unless I understand this wrong. Base stats is like 125 or something at base but it upgrades through lvls and gear. Someone chime in on this if I'm wrong
    Post edited by Rutank on
  • Options
    I gotta admit, Sidious was the character I was focusing on first (Easiest to farm to 7* by a long shot), and... on the one hand, I _kinda_ understand that his Demoralizing Blows was pretty awful, to the point where I often didn't bother using it. But... he's already stupidly tough to kill due to the self-heal, I just don't understand why they felt he needed to be even tougher.
  • Options

The same counters as always, they increased their attack, not defence.

Maul, he's a glass cannon, very easy to kill, Luke is great for ripping a huge chunk off him. Just target him first and you'll have no issues.

Sideous, more durable than Maul, may take more than one round to focus him down, but no more than two.

Always prioritise these two, even over healers.
  • Options
    The buff is not that aweful. Sid isn't hard to kill and is AoE evens out the battlefield for f2p players. Yeah, p2p players could still use him but the pool or characters they are using right now offers them good synergies and choices above sid

The one character they just sent to the trash can is resistance trooper/pilot. Completely worthless now

This upset me the most. He's a squishy damage dealer.. why nerfs his damage skill? Now his regular attack does more than his special. They need to at least make it so his special can't be dodged and gives 100% chance to expose.
  • Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    tshong wrote: »
    Then Mace deserved a serious buff as he was clearly on par in a duel.
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Cmon, Darth Sidious is the most powerful out of anyone in Star Wars! He did kill 3 High Jedi Masters in ROTS, so his manoeuvre ability made sense. He'd definately kill the crap out of Kylo Ren lol.
    They should of just made Sidious harder to acquire
    Definately!!! Mace deserves one!

I agree.
  • Options
    Greeboy wrote: »
    Sidious did NOT need a buff. What did they do to Bariss? All she needed was a HP decrease and she was fine. Dooku on the other hand.... I'm still getting nailed with 4 hits in a row simultaneously. His 100% counter with a what seems like a 75% chance for bonus attacks, with turn increase is insane. Then again I could just be the victim of RNG.

Now Poe's expose on taunt... Holy crap that could be a mess. Anyone had any experience with him yet? Is he Tanky? I know it says he is a tank... But so is storm trooper Han and he just melts.

I think Sid getting a buff is very fair coz cmon he's one of the strongest characters the star wars universe has ever had!! Players should be terrified when they face him and should come up with strategies to counter him.. And honestly speaking i love tge fact that they made so many characters powerful in this update.. It just makes the game more challenging.. Though granted Barriss didn need to be nerfed.. She was fine the way she was..
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Dumb question, I don't see the 40% buff. What level skill is it?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Dumb question, I don't see the 40% buff. What level skill is it?
    I think it's already calculated and done in the stats, the other effects are there such as The 35% evasion for Sadistic Glee (Darth Sidious)
  • Options
    Well.. I just pulled a 4* Darth maul from a chromium pack today... my future is looking bright! :smiley:

But honestly Mace Windu deserves a buff.. he's out-shined by his Jedi colleagues., furthermore by his enemies.
  • Options
    I dont think the power of character should be the same as in the movies. If so they should nerf the **** out of ewok scout and all the stormtroopers should have a 5% chance to hit anything lol.

Yaaaas preach!
  • Options
    Sid is nigh impossible to kill with a Jedi team now, especially if you combine him with a leader that further enhances his dodge chance.

Haven't pitted him against jedis much today, but saying it's imposible....

Things like this happen to avoid cookie cutter teams and make people mix and match. Right now theres a good pool of characters too use. If you want to use jedis you'll have advantage against some and be weak against others. If you want to use droids, the same issue.

Although I dont know where the Devs are going with so much balance changes in the game. Shouldn't they see how will their future character releases affect the game and plan ahead? Instead of abrupt changes oftenly?

Faced a Sid earlier with 3 Jedi in my team. It ended up being my 3 Jedi vs his Sid with something like a minute left on the clock. I physically could not kill him. Horrible RNG I know, but he dodged like 6 times in a row and killed 2 more of my characters in that time. It's getting a bit silly. Jedi are literally becoming pointless
  • Options
    JTEJ wrote: »

Faced a Sid earlier with 3 Jedi in my team. It ended up being my 3 Jedi vs his Sid with something like a minute left on the clock. I physically could not kill him. Horrible RNG I know, but he dodged like 6 times in a row and killed 2 more of my characters in that time. It's getting a bit silly. Jedi are literally becoming pointless

Lol sounds like Revenge of the Sith scene where Sidious evaded and mowed down 3 Jedi Masters lol
    Darth Sidious buff was awesome! Thanks Devs :)
  • Options
    Idk about the evade buff, but in my opinion his AOE was not strong enough prebuff. More often then not I found myself not using it because 1) I needed to try to burst down a single target or 2) the top teams on my server were full of P2W Jedi teams that would counter attack Sid and bring him down to %50 or less hp + stun or other nonsense. :)

I never felt like using the AOE was a good idea.
    Now how about we take a look at Leia going instastealth and one shoting my team :)
  • Options
    JTEJ wrote: »
    Sid is nigh impossible to kill with a Jedi team now, especially if you combine him with a leader that further enhances his dodge chance.

Haven't pitted him against jedis much today, but saying it's imposible....

Although I dont know where the Devs are going with so much balance changes in the game. Shouldn't they see how will their future character releases affect the game and plan ahead? Instead of abrupt changes oftenly?

This may not have been as bad RNG if the leader on that team was pushing evade - Maul or Dooku or Lumi etc. That evade seems to stack very well. So Sid, as some have pointed out already as in the actual lore, is quite the Jedi killer.

I like the buff. He was the one of the best things in arena to farm (although I like HK a lot as well and Han), but he wasn't that great. I think now he has a specific use and purpose that makes him great in the right situation. If you go non-Jedi he's still relatively squishy and can be targeted quickly to be killed. I think we need to look at stuff like Droids for example - 86 is very powerful. Attacking Sid with Jedi though you're asking for a lot of dodged hits.