Hi There. In 40 old father who started this game with my son. Need help playing

Replies

• Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Jhalttu wrote: »
    Daily is 200? I really dont know how much comes from dailies.
    Not a whole lot to work with. Squad and fleet arenas are the best sources but you have to get high in the rankings which requires a stronger squad / fleet which of course is what you need to work on. Catch-22.

Whatever you do get should go on energy refreshes to speed up your farming. Do not waste crystals buying shards and definitely do not waste them buying shard packs.
    I did spend 50EUR, but hopefully not too much... I have learned my lesson about these games and unlimited payments.... with Clash Royale... Game is same no matter how much you pay..
    Money can be effective here, if spent on energy refreshes. Each day you can refresh light/dark side energy and mod energy 3x for 50 crystals a time (then cost doubles to 100) and fleet and cantina energy 3x for 100 crystals a time (then cost doubles to 200). The first tier of each is a worthwile investment.

This is why I suggested a single squad based on low nodes with regeneration and the ability to do credit heists and GWar. Not what I’d normally recommend but I think
    Qi’ra, Lando (not young lando), Boba, Cad Bane and STH would let him stop sinking?
    itc35cjf9uc7.jpeg
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Re: Phoenix, they seem really overpowered early on, but as you progress through the game they become less of a hassle to fight. Personally, I've found it best to kill Chopper first - it keeps the rest from regenerating protection every time you hit them, so they become much easier to kill.

As others have said, you can skip them, but you'll probably suffer in arena standing and you won't be able to unlock Thrawn (one of the best characters in the game) without them. I don't know the characters at all and had no particular desire to farm them, but I built them up just because Thrawn is that much of a beast.

Unfortunately if you want to progress quickly you'll need to read up on which characters are powerful, or are required to get powerful characters, rather than just going after the ones you loved in the movies. Some of the best characters are guys I'd never heard of until I played this. Case in point: don't waste any more resources on Mace Windu. I love me some Samuel L, but he's absolute trash in this game.

Re: Mods, yeah, they are confusing as hell. I've been at it for a while and there are still some nuances I don't understand, but in general you want as much speed as you can get. More speed = more turns = more win. I noticed you mention you have no mods with speed as a primary stat; each slot has a specific pool of stats it can roll as a primary, and only one can have speed:

Top left (Square): Always Offense
    Middle left (Diamond): Always Defense
    Bottom left (Circle): Health or Protection
    Top right (Arrow): Offense, Defense, Speed, Critical Avoidance, Health, Accuracy, Protection
    Middle right (Triangle): Offense, Defense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Health, Protection
    Bottom right (Cross): Offense, Defense, Health, Protection, Potency, Tenacity

I bolded the stats that are generally considered most useful for the right-side slots. Those aren't hard-and-fast rules - Scavenger Rey has no need for a Potency cross, for example, as she doesn't inflict any resistable debuffs - but by and large, those are the primaries you want to hang on to. Eventually you'll want to only keep 5-dot mods, and some 4-dots with good primaries or speed secondaries. For now though, just try to get as much speed as you can and don't stress about the rest too much. Micromanaging mod stats is a pain and more of a later-game pursuit.

Re: Healers, they become less important as you progress. Later on it's more about crushing the other team before they have a chance to do too much damage. Lumi is handy early on, but she drops off rapidly. I leaned on her a lot back in the day, but she probably isn't worth taking to 7 stars anymore.

Do you have decent ships yet? Most people seem to neglect their ships because they "aren't fun" (I disagree but to each their own), which makes it fairly easy to get into crystal payouts in fleet arena as compared to squad arena. I won't get into a whole thing here about fleet strategy, but I will point out that Unmasked Kylo and his ship are on the same cantina node, and both are extremely worthwhile. Also, you'll need Rebel ships to unlock/upgrade Chimaera, which is something to keep in mind when planning out where to invest your ship credits.

I went to write a quick comment and ended up with a novella, here. Hope some of it helps.

Post edited by Jarvind on
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Thank you for your time. I did manage to complete LVL8 mods (speed) so from now on im able to get speed items as primary. So far I have done my charactes as game suggests in basic mode. I havent had much luck on speed as secondary so far. But hey will come..

About GW. I read that your arena rank means how hard opponents you get in GW? Then I read that your top 5 characters only are counted for... Is there definite information? If its top 5 chars, it just means that i have digged my self pretty big hole... because those chars are not in synergy with each other and are rather poor anyways, execept Boba as leader with his son are killers when boba leads. I have used Jedi couselor, luke farmboy and Kylorenunmasked as support units. My secondary and third pillar is rest and used to make suicide missions for mains squad.

I have used every day for past few weeks all my daily chrystals to refresh those 50,50,100 cantina and light/dark. I did too calculate them best way to get everythig little... Those packs with 6-330 is just robbery (i looked at drop% early on).

My fastest route now seems dark side, because those lightside char are are from shop.
    Best one seems to be Royal guard. I can farm him, light/dark/cantina. and second best it TFP.
  • Options
    all the advice here is solid, you just need to figure out how you want to proceed. ppl are recommending you to farm the Phoenix squad because they unlock thrawn, arguably the best toon in the game.

if you like old school toons..i'd recommend the 'danger zone': biggs and wedge. biggs is farmable in the GW and wedge in the cantina and fleet store....throw in a really fast STHan and 2 toons of choice and you got a good squad.
  • Options
    Grokusama wrote: »
    if you like old school toons..i'd recommend the 'danger zone': biggs and wedge. biggs is farmable in the GW and wedge in the cantina and fleet store....throw in a really fast STHan and 2 toons of choice and you got a good squad.
    Biggs is actually available in a Dark Side node, a Cantina node, fleet store and GW store, making him a quick and easy upgrade to farm.

I'm thinking start with:
    Boba(L), Farmboy, Vader, Consular, Talia

Speed farm Biggs from all available sources.
    Farm STHan in arena store (slower)

Upgrade to:
    Boba(L), Farmboy, Vader, Consular, Biggs

Farm Wedge in Cantina and fleet if he shows up there (I think he can).

Upgrade to:
    Wedge(L), Boba, Biggs, STHan, Farmboy/Vader

* Wedge lead gives Rebels health regen, Vader self-heals, Boba self-rezzes.
    * STHan has taunt, Boba ignores taunt and has AoE ability block, Farmboy has stun, Vader has ability block
    * Wedge + Biggs give great DPS and either Farmboy or Vader can add more

Kind of a riff on my arena team but working with what he has.

Spare regular energy can either go to gear or towards building up an Empire squad.

• Options
    I think A go with BIggs+Wedge
  • Options
    Thank you for your time. I did manage to complete LVL8 mods (speed) so from now on im able to get speed items as primary. So far I have done my charactes as game suggests in basic mode. I havent had much luck on speed as secondary so far. But hey will come..

Unless I'm misreading what you put - that's not how mods work.

The different challenges give you mods of a certain set - each set of 2 (or 4) mods confers a bonus when complete.

A speed arrow (the only speed primary mod) can be of any set. It doesn't just come from the speed mods challege.

These days they removed the faction limitations off of the challenges - so you can pursue whatever sets you want. But back in the day the only one that was really open was the health one - which is why everyone told newer players to just farm health mods.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Also, please keep in mind that this game isn't about instant gratification. I played without any resources (never went on the forums), for about a year and made some poor farming choices. I'm in my 3rd year now and actually really enjoy the grind.. You won't always get the toons you want immediately, and it will take time to get to end game activities, you just need to enjoy the experience as you go. If you're not enjoying the "grind" maybe the game isn't for you.

Take the advice on this forum and you'll be knocking down GW in no time. I've been able to enjoy the game as a f2p player and be effective in raids for end game. It took me a little longer than most, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
  • Options
    Also, please keep in mind that this game isn't about instant gratification. I played without any resources (never went on the forums), for about a year and made some poor farming choices. I'm in my 3rd year now and actually really enjoy the grind.. You won't always get the toons you want immediately, and it will take time to get to end game activities, you just need to enjoy the experience as you go. If you're not enjoying the "grind" maybe the game isn't for you.

Take the advice on this forum and you'll be knocking down GW in no time. I've been able to enjoy the game as a f2p player and be effective in raids for end game. It took me a little longer than most, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

I will. I have been playing Clash royale fo 3 years also and now im at max.. it takes time.... =)

BTW. I do have set combos on all main character. luke and boba: 2x crit change + 4 x crid damage (or was is vice versa?)
  • Options
    BTW. I do have set combos on all main character. luke and boba: 2x crit change + 4 x crid damage (or was is vice versa?)
    Luke and Boba both need potency for their ability block / stun. It's also very helpful to speed Boba as much as you can so he goes first.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Perhaps grounding him from SWGOH until you can close the gap.
    Fear. Anger. Grounding your son so you can beat him at SWGoH. The path to the Dark Side that is. ;)
  • Options
    good with team with Bobby fettuccine lead or bounty hunter squad all in on jengo and go for Ezra first hera then the rest
  • Options
    I did manage to beat war now two times in my holiday trip with family. JIPPII!!
    But now i get to pay for it...

5a28b3qs0wx6.jpg

Haha... I dont know... cry or laugh? My best team just got +50000 power.. and I get this? 100000 power...

• Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Perhaps grounding him from SWGOH until you can close the gap.
    Fear. Anger. Grounding your son so you can beat him at SWGoH. The path to the Dark Side that is. ;)

I love this... Use the Force on son...buhahahahah! zzzaaaappp

PS. I managed to get my hands on 4000card collection of SW CCG by decipher... I used to play that when it was hot... But i also got latest rule book.... 158 pages!!!
    https://starwarsccg.org/Resources/ar_version-3-0.pdf
  • Options
    I also managed to join guild that is active.... My first time i get guild awards!!! I get lots of rare gear... i have been hitting my head on how to get those same items 50pcs to each character... this helps a lot..
  • Jhalttu
    36 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yoda my son did get already... Me... not even close. Maybe i start training flips... with my son on my back?
  • Options
    I got Emperor Palpatine 6 stars and im happy. After that on my empire team i have been cruising thru Galactic war everyday. I also gotm my first ZETA on Palpatine leader! Yay!
    My next goal is thrawn... but its challenge just got here and i only just now started phoenix...
    So i change my focus to dark side ships. I want to pass Tarkin 5* challenge and get 5 other dark side ships to 5* to get past Gear challenge... for ZETAs.. =)

My ships are now:
    Slave One 4* (boba LVL80)
    Tie Silencer 5* (Kylo LVL77)
    Imperial TIE fighter 5* (TFG pilot LVL79)
    First Order TIE fighter 4* FOTFG LVL70)
    Zanadu Blood 2* (Cad Bane LVL80)

I only have one oteher darkside ship... FISFTIE... but char LVL1, SHIP 1*
  • WiseJedi
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'd recommend Darth Vader and his ship. DV suits to your Empire Team with EP Lead and his ship belongs to the stronger ones which is even in pvp very effective. Next to your Imp Tie Fighter. Boba Fett and his ship are nice too. His an scoundrel important for the heists and his ship may not be as strong as Bossks taunting monster ship but for now it will work until you finish with the better ones. It's a very good idea to reach the Zeta Stage of Tarkin's Fleet for the ship mats challenges.
  • Options
    WiseJedi wrote: »
    I'd recommend Darth Vader and his ship. DV suits to your Empire Team with EP Lead and his ship belongs to the stronger ones which is even in pvp very effective. Next to your Imp Tie Fighter. Boba Fett and his ship are nice too. His an scoundrel important for the heists and his ship may not be as strong as Bossks taunting monster ship but for now it will work until you finish with the better ones. It's a very good idea to reach the Zeta Stage of Tarkin's Fleet for the ship mats challenges.

My problem seems to be finding Vader ship nodes... they can be achieved only from quests and those are something that I cannot get for LOOONG time...

25pcs for Beat Emperor Demise Mythic TIER 3 (need 5 x 7* empire characters)
    8pcs for beating Imperial Chimaera (need 5 x 7* phoenix)
    10pcs Own 7* han solo (i dont have any shards yet)
    10pcs Own 7* general kenobi (i dont have any shards yet)
    10pcs Own 7* traya (i dont have any shards yet)

Only thing I can try is that first one...
    What other ways is there?
  • Options
    My problem seems to be finding Vader ship nodes... they can be achieved only from quests and those are something that I cannot get for LOOONG time...
    Keep an eye out on the fleet store. Vader's ship (and Vader) shows up there occasionally. Sadly it makes it a very long farm.

• Options
    papy72 wrote: »
    Keep an eye out on the fleet store. Vader's ship (and Vader) shows up there occasionally. Sadly it makes it a very long farm.

It does, but it’s still faster to farm Vader and TIE Advanced from the fleet store than waiting to get them from achievements. Admittedly, the only real money I spent on this game was to get 80 Vader shards
  • Options
    I did too buy Vader. Overall good Char he is. Btw his ship It is also at Fleet 4 hard... but i cannot pass even fleet 4 easy first battle yet.
  • Options
    papy72 wrote: »

Yes.
    The pain.
    Now i have the node unlocked, and my vader is six stars. Also work towards biggs. Against the entire rules of the star wars universe they are one of the best duos in the universe. Also biggs easyto farm.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    U dont hav any raid han shards ? join a more active guild man
    Also i feel like a sith team is the way to go, maybe the siths will be the mata again after darth malak/revan release?... eitherway believe in the true power of the dark side!!!
  • Options
    I am also older than 40 but I have been playing for a long time strictly as F2P. The key is regeneration in Galactic Wars. According to your classical characters choice, Wedge leading a rebel team including Biggs is appopriate. This provides regeneration. Ackbar can give healing and dispel. I also suggest you to use two teams; save the stronger one to the latter nodes. Use teams from the same affiliation: That creates nice synergies.
    Personally, the first time I was able to beat the GW with just one team was possible by using Darth Nihilus as lead: He gives life steal to a Sith team. I see that you have enough Siths: Palpatine, Vader, Sidious, Fallen Bastila, Darth Maul. The Secrets and Shadows event will start soon, you can win Nihilus shards and strengthen your Sith toons if you fulfill the requirements. That event requires Phoenix or Nightsister team. Nihilus is farmable but from the dark side 9-A Hard node.
  • Options
    Hi.
    I have been hitting GW now easily and get my 50 full next week. Then I can SIM it =)
    About rebels... I have been usin them AA lead. Is Wedge really better?

Then about sith... I feel that currently my Empire team is very strong and growing (not all toons yet at 7 stars) and Sith is still far away. I will finish my Empire team first. With that team I am at 700 range in Arena. I can beat all Yoda/bastila teams, night sisters and Phoenix. As long as they only have that 1 or 2 Zetas in team.

While im building my Empire i am only few shards away from 5x 5* dark ships to start beating that Tarking ship 5* to get it 6* and then to ships ability for ZETA farming..

And at same time my Bountyhunters grow strong! Im VERY interested to buy this ultimate Bountihunter Bundle... I could then have all my Bounties 5-7 stars and they are good as Bossk Lead. And also unlock 5* Chewie... Is there point? As bonus I can then also beat Credit heist hardest ***..
  • Options
    Bloodless wrote: »
    U dont hav any raid han shards ? join a more active guild man
    Also i feel like a sith team is the way to go, maybe the siths will be the mata again after darth malak/revan release?... eitherway believe in the true power of the dark side!!!

I have 82/145 HAn shards... but Im always so far away in guild to get those prizes... =) We have always ongoing Raids, but I know I should go to more active guild. I already have one very good request =)
  • Options
    OG Chewie Event counts to one of the hardest Event next to C3PO. To unlock Chewie you need 5 BH with good gear and Bossk should be the leader. And still you need many many tries to be successfull. This Event depends on very good rng. Don't forget this. You can "simulate" this Event and compare it with the Rebel Roundup/Bounty Hunter Events.
  • Options
    I started with Empire, and still use them. As well as First Order. Try them
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"