Difficulty of Ewok Event

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Definitely RNG.

I use EP Lead, Vader, ZVeers, Death Trooper and Thrawn. It's a bit of a pain at the final round of the mythic tier, but it is doable.

But I concur, the two omegas for a Mythic Tier is ridiculous. If the RNG sucks, it becomes a waste of time if you don't get it in the first couple tries. At the LEAST it should be like 5-8 Omegas, if not 4-5 Omegas and 1 Zeta.

Especially with the omega crunch and the 45 new characters with zetas and omegas we have to resource for. (20, 30, etc omegas for a character's zeta makes it really painful.)
  • Options
    Also if I wasn’t already clear before, I’ve used Imperial Troopers to clear this event, mythic included, so I know it’s not a gear or mod issue.. telling me to farm droids doesn’t change the fact that now I find it impossible to use the Imperial Troopers to clear it.

2 omegas were already a pretty terrible reward, in my opinion, but now it really doesn’t seem quite worth the effort. If I were want to use droids, I would have to spend a considerable about of time to farm them. And I don’t know many that would use them outside of this event, other than a spot in territory wars..

And here’s my roster before people suggest more characters: https://swgoh.gg/p/812755916/characters/

I've got plenty of beef with CG - but this isn't part of it.

As you can see people are recommending Droids and so would I. HK lead, BB8, R2 and whoever (I prefer chopper and, now, T3).

Fight through the first 7 tiers to make sure everyone makes it, takes a few minutes - then on the last tier just hit auto. Man, I lost IG88 last time in round 6 (no T3 then) and still won the last fight with just the 4 others, and none died.

Yes, I have them all zeta'd up and G12. Yes, I agree 2 omegas is a little crumby. But no, the fight is easy - RNG doesn't rear it's head - and I DO NEED more omegas [read: Omega Crunch] so the few minutes til I hit auto feels worth it.

Have you tried 88 lead - bb8 t3 l3 and IPD?
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to get through it the first time last occurrence with EP, zVader, DT, Thrawn and BB8 (gear 10-11 and EP g12) got the zetas but then couldn’t get through it the 2nd day and gave up. I think the most frustrating thing for me has been the TM manipulation from the murder bears. I think I counted 28 attacks at one point before I got a turn - almost makes me wish they hit harder just to get it over with faster.

Tried today with droids after reading this (HK, 88, BB8, Chopper, zzR2; gear 9 for HK & Chopper, 11 for 88 & BB8, 12 for R2) and got through it surprisingly easily so thank you to everyone for that.

Mind you, tomorrow is another story... will keep you posted ;)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Just because you did something once once does not mean you can do it every time or even the majority of the time. Only two teams in the history of the NFL have lost every game during the regular season. Point being, a bad team can sometimes beat a good team.

Troopers can beat the event, sometimes on your first try. But, they are not the ideal lineup. I completely understand that you want to continue to use troopers and that's cool. Just be prepared to get frustrated cause they will lose a lot! Fair? That's a matter of perspective.

Are two omegas exciting as a reward? Nope! But two omegas are definitely better than no omegas, which was the option before they started doing the mythic events. Given the choice I'll take the two.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Just because you did something once once does not mean you can do it every time or even the majority of the time. Only two teams in the history of the NFL have lost every game during the regular season. Point being, a bad team can sometimes beat a good team.

Troopers can beat the event, sometimes on your first try. But, they are not the ideal lineup. I completely understand that you want to continue to use troopers and that's cool. Just be prepared to get frustrated cause they will lose a lot! Fair? That's a matter of perspective.

Are two omegas exciting as a reward? Nope! But two omegas are definitely better than no omegas, which was the option before they started doing the mythic events. Given the choice I'll take the two.

^^ best answer
  • Options
    Hate to say this but this today was the easiest I've ever beaten this event. Same team every time. EP(L) g11, thrawn g12, Vader g11, bb8, r2 g12. Gotta just burn basics last two rounds so you start the 8th with abilities and try to get some tm preloaded and dont use bb8 ID after p4.
  • Options
    I did it last time with Palp, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and IG88. Today couldnt pass till i switched IG88 for Chopper. Buffs removal and taunt make it incredible easy.
  • Options
    There’s also certain waves where you can catch your breath or get healthy again.

So whenever I use Thrawn I make sure to stretch out wave 4 to either use the event button or put prot back on toons with Thrawn.
  • Options
    Also if I wasn’t already clear before, I’ve used Imperial Troopers to clear this event, mythic included, so I know it’s not a gear or mod issue.. telling me to farm droids doesn’t change the fact that now I find it impossible to use the Imperial Troopers to clear it.

2 omegas were already a pretty terrible reward, in my opinion, but now it really doesn’t seem quite worth the effort. If I were want to use droids, I would have to spend a considerable about of time to farm them. And I don’t know many that would use them outside of this event, other than a spot in territory wars..

And here’s my roster before people suggest more characters: https://swgoh.gg/p/812755916/characters/

I've got plenty of beef with CG - but this isn't part of it.

As you can see people are recommending Droids and so would I. HK lead, BB8, R2 and whoever (I prefer chopper and, now, T3).

Fight through the first 7 tiers to make sure everyone makes it, takes a few minutes - then on the last tier just hit auto. Man, I lost IG88 last time in round 6 (no T3 then) and still won the last fight with just the 4 others, and none died.

Yes, I have them all zeta'd up and G12. Yes, I agree 2 omegas is a little crumby. But no, the fight is easy - RNG doesn't rear it's head - and I DO NEED more omegas [read: Omega Crunch] so the few minutes til I hit auto feels worth it.

Have you tried 88 lead - bb8 t3 l3 and IPD?

I'll give it a shot - except L3 - I don't have starred - though I wouldn't run BB8 without bestie R2 anywho (bonus attacks and all)

But to the last few posts - I get it if you don't have them - but Droids win the Mythic level every time - no RNG. HK lead with r2 and BB8 can probably auto it alone. Chopper makes it a joke.

5th toon could be anything, T3 being optimal if you have him starred and geared somewhat - I'll assume once I have him g12 I can finally auto the entire event and not just the end.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    My troopers destroy mythic phase. I happen to have G12 troopers and Pimp Trooper maxed but it’s not just 7* requirements for the mythic phase. It’s a lot more than that. Wish the reward was a bit better considering the team you need.