Level cap being raised

Prev1
Salgado9
529 posts Member
So why don't you people want it to be raised anyways? I don't see why you wouldn't want it to be raised? Can someone explain lol

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    It takes a tremendous amount of resources to level, gear, and star a character. Every time the level cap increases, we have to drop what we're currently working on and divert those resources into our primary characters so that we can maintain arena and GW power. For some of us, particularly F2P, that makes it hard to ever expand our bench and try new things. Especially with the next cap allowing/requiring a lot of 50-piece purple gear many of us fear falling behind.
    Think that sums it up.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Just no. I want to work on other units than the ones we use in arena and stopping all these projects to farm/spend credits for 10 more levels is NOT FUN.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    If the level caps are being raised so quickly we won't be able to see more variety in Arena. I like the current situation, that everybody works on other heroes than their 5 primary ones. I guess we gonna see some quite good team combos in near future.
    Also: The games needs some bug fixes. By keeping the same level it will be easier to determine what's going wrong with the game (e.g. DOT still does not kill, why raise level with such major bug issues still in the game?)
  • Options
    I would happily wait another couple of months before raising the level cap so that I can level, gear up and star the characters I already have
  • Mahluus
    31 posts Member
    Options
    No No and NO! Raise lvl cap in April earliest. As Rolf so eloquently put it.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Raising the cap means abandoning leveling alternate squads and building new synergies, and directing all resources into main squad. Thats pretty boring in a 'collection' game, whose strength should be diversity.
    Also, they costs to go from 70 to 80 will likely be astronomical, and I'm not convinced new challenges will open up right away to increase Mat drops or credits.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    How about if the level would be risen only by two levels to 72?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    So why don't you people want it to be raised anyways? I don't see why you wouldn't want it to be raised? Can someone explain lol

To answer you truthfully,
    We need real content NOT a cap raise after just getting one. That said, they rushed the cap in an attempt to help satisfy the testers who capped out before the game was oficially released. That SHOULD have been a 1 time courtesey and now cap raises beed to be a min of 3-6 months apart to allow farming time to expand our rosters (not everyone rushed to the top and spent a fortune to have everything now) so like everything else, those who opted into rushing need to just sit back and relax. I didnt make you rush to cap out so if you did and now cry you are capped with nothing to do then thats what you chose for yourself.

We need real playable content not a cap raise
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    It takes a tremendous amount of resources to level, gear, and star a character. Every time the level cap increases, we have to drop what we're currently working on and divert those resources into our primary characters so that we can maintain arena and GW power. For some of us, particularly F2P, that makes it hard to ever expand our bench and try new things. Especially with the next cap allowing/requiring a lot of 50-piece purple gear many of us fear falling behind.
    Think that sums it up.

Pretty much.
    F2P wants to stay F2P but competitive
    P2P want a break on their wallets

On the inverse side
    EA/CG want more money
  • Options
    Because levels are not content.

We could have infinite levels or no levels at all just focusing on gear and star grinds and not appreciably change the game at all.
  • Options
    I don't want it raised because I am finally building up characters I want. I have a competitive team filled with characters I don't care about (Who actually knew who Luminara was before this game?), and if the level cap gets raised I'll have to stop farming characters I want so that I can keep my competitive team maxed. And all that's gonna happen is a bunch of level 80 Rey, GS, and QGJ teams will battle instead of level 70 Rey, GS and QGJ teams.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Kirneh wrote: »
    This, I could get behind. If only because it means the next gear challenges tiers are unlocked.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i wouldn't mind raising the cap to 80. get to play with new skill additions and gear levels to shake up arena just a little bit more
    mighty chlorians
  • Nitric
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I'd have them wait til after the next major update to increase the level cap. Adding more to the game along with fixing bugs that weren't fixed yet and then add on top a 10 level increase would allow for more "to do" at that time.

Cap increase every 2-3 months is a better way to do it but as long as it comes with content to enjoy leveling with it aside from just keeping arena ranks.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm finally working on my B squad. A level cap raise will force me to stop that and level my main 5 chars to 80 just to try to maintain my arena ranking and to keep finishing GW daily.
  • Options
    They should raise the cap two levels every 3 weeks. Allowing the game to progress and people to still focus on other projects besides just top 5.
  • Options
    I would rather see non farmable characters becoming farmable (like they did with lando). There are plenty of cantina/light/dark battles with no shards attached. Hold off the level cap for all reasons stated above. We need time to build
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Increasing the level cap does not give you anything new to do. It just gives you more of the same old things you have been doing.

By keeping the cap where it is at, it gives everyone time to develop characters other than their main squad and try new combinations of characters. This is at least new to the individual.

So by raising the level cap, you are basically keeping people from experiencing the content that is already there that they haven't had time to explore. It is keeping them from doing new things in favor of forcing them to do a different flavor of the same old things they have already done.
  • Options
    The true meta will never have a chance to shake out if no one can lvl alternate characters.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    no such thing a 'true' meta
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    This, I could get behind. If only because it means the next gear challenges tiers are unlocked.

In other words, just nurf GS...
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • GK23
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I'm against level raise like others do for reasons mentioned above, but if they will raise it I hope they raise to 75 not 80. 10 levels just too much/ too long.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

Have you ever played mtg? Or even understand what I mean by meta?

Every game has a true meta.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

meta is another word for fotm. it's bound to change. there's no such thing 1 optimized mode to play for the entire lifecycle of a game, especially if it has multiplayer or in this case, 'interaction between players.'
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

meta is another word for fotm. it's bound to change. there's no such thing 1 optimized mode to play for the entire lifecycle of a game, especially if it has multiplayer or in this case, 'interaction between players.'

Sure, metas change. But this ones never even been established.

Metas are not always quick to change, even with new sets all the time Legacy has a fairly stable meta.

Also, different kind of game so we're talking apples and oranges. But metas do exist... Like the squatch.
  • Options

They should raise the cap to 100 to really get money flowing and players playing like crazy
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

In other words, just nurf GS...
    Which I do favor. ;)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Jedarkside wrote: »
    They should raise the cap to 100 to really get money flowing and players playing like crazy

There ya go. Just release all content now an be done with it.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    so both agree on most points. metas do exist. metas change.
    but where i disagree is one true meta. both of those words have contradictory meanings when spoken of in the same context. a true (definitive) meta (subject to change) doesn't make sense.
    meta discussions deserve more time and focus, but what i believe:
    swgoh has already been through 2 distinct phases or metas: pre speed/damage and the current speed/damage. i'm excited to see what post speed/damage gameplay would look like, namely slowing down the pace of combat so that it doesn't end in 45 seconds and everyone using the same heroes to achieve that type of efficiency.
    in a larger scope, efficiency can be the nemesis of creativity. players won't branch out if they're driven to be efficient (in order to earn rewards). there are some that care nothing for materialistic rewards and will play how they want (and sometimes complain on the forums about their sub-par team being underpowered, some valid some not).
    in the broadest scope that i can understand and discuss, it all comes down to human nature. meta is what's 'in.' it's style. it's what people follow because they perceive it as 'better.' whatever better means, that's beyond my ability to talk about.
    mighty chlorians