Level cap being raised

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Suppose your right "true meta" is not a reasonable term haha

What I meant was... Imagine a meta in which players of mtg can only use 1/5th of the cards. There is no way that the "current" meta has even emerged.

Only with all characters maxed, competing against the same, will you be able to find a meta game.

Metas are often a trap as you describe. I've generally always gone off meta. Someone always has to find the new meta and that's what I have done when I play mtg.
  • Options
    I would go off meta if anything in this game was easier to farm.

Credits.......
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Suppose your right "true meta" is not a reasonable term haha

What I meant was... Imagine a meta in which players of mtg can only use 1/5th of the cards. There is no way that the "current" meta has even emerged.

Only with all characters maxed, competing against the same, will you be able to find a meta game.

Metas are often a trap as you describe. I've generally always gone off meta. Someone always has to find the new meta and that's what I have done when I play mtg.

which is all correct. metas are by definition restrictive. if everyone jumps on the wagon, there is zero creativity and any urge to go outside of it and 1) create the counter to the current meta 2) develop the next meta.
    if swgoh is allowed to stagnate too long in its current state, people will of course be able to branch out to discover if any other viable teams exist. however, in its current state and in my opinion, damage and speed are too dominant in the competitive aspect of the game (by that, i mean no one cares about speed and damage in gw, challenges, ls/ds as those lack any semblance of competition). despite any efforts to break out of the meta (and this is where i think players get confused, breaking out of the meta by using under-represented heroes that do the same thing as the more popular heroes is not breaking out of the meta; it's just changing the color of your underwear so to speak). changing the meta means to change the gameplay at it's core or as close to it as possible, not to chase after speed and damage with a team that doesn't use qgj, rey, gs, etc. in the game's current state, i believe it is impossible to do so (and maybe the game is designed to be that way). i mean look at the reactionary response to speed and damage by adding in a passive taunt activated by attempting to kill off other heroes in 1-2 moves. that's just a bandaid. in fact, some players use RG as an excuse to have their glass cannons hide behind him, just like they did with poe. this doesn't change the meta. choosing other heroes in the hopes that they can combine faction synergy and skills to recreate the same speed and damage potential as qgj, rey, gs, etc is not changing the meta. i'm definitely guilty of doing the above, which is why i can speak to it
    mighty chlorians
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Kirneh wrote: »
    How about if the level would be risen only by two levels to 72?

Id be fine with that, Id hate for a jump to 80 rightnow
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    anyhow, i digressed. back on the subject, i would like to get to the max cap of 100 asap, so that everyone can see what the end would look like and build their teams at max gear, max level, max skills so that some less variables can exist and add to the disparity between heroes: gear levels and skill levels.

though really, 'max' level means nothing if true balance doesn't exist there. it's like saying the soft cap of 80 is the 'max' with differences in hero effectiveness due to poor balancing.
    mighty chlorians
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    why would they worry about fixing bugs? just raise the cap and keep people busy........right.....
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Jedarkside wrote: »
    Kirneh wrote: »
    How about if the level would be risen only by two levels to 72?

They should raise the cap to 100 to really get money flowing and players playing like crazy

Imagine the GW posts then. My level 70 had to fight lvl 100s starting at node 9..