2) Ezra Bridger
1) Rey (Scavenger)

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
  • Options
    Last year called. It wants it's list back.

So what's the new list?
  • Options

That wouldn't even be accurate for last year though...
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

That wouldn't even be accurate for last year though...

I originally said two years ago, but KRUM and Ezra are on the list. Also seemed a bit mean

And I don't mean to sound like I'm dissing you OP, but this is about your 15th post of this nature with old info. Nice that you are trying to help, but check your dates/sources before you ctrl+C, ctrl+V.
  • Options
    This list seems really ouclased to me... How can scab rey be there as 1st witout JTR or at least fin?
  • Options
    Here’s my list (in no particular order) of the 15 best characters that can be unlocked completely F2P:

Bastila
    Enfys
    CLS
    GMY
    RJT
    R2D2
    Nihilus
    Sion
    Traya
    Asajj
    BB8
    Thrawn
    Palpatine
    GK
    Wampa
  • Options
    Here’s my list (in no particular order) of the 15 best characters that can be unlocked completely F2P:

Bastila
    Enfys
    CLS
    GMY
    RJT
    R2D2
    Nihilus
    Sion
    Traya
    Asajj
    BB8
    Thrawn
    Palpatine
    GK
    Wampa

Where is my boy raid han?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    Bahumat wrote: »

Bastila
    Enfys
    CLS
    GMY
    RJT
    R2D2
    Nihilus
    Sion
    Traya
    Asajj
    BB8
    Thrawn
    Palpatine
    GK
    Wampa

Where is my boy raid han?

He’s probably in the 16-20 range, along with Chewbacca.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I would add Tie Fighter Pilot for being a solid addition to an Empire team and for his fighter being one of the best for its use with Imperial Capital Ships.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best list would be what they should be focusing on at the start anyway for "best f2p purposes"- Go Pheonix for a solid early team that also helps unlock TWO legendries, and from there go Empire, Empire is a great team to own, helps with R2D2 which leads to CLS (The best toon in the game for anyone to unlock). Palp Empire teams can do the last round of TB without you even needing to complete Platoons. (Also easily beat the Ewoks in Assault battles when higher levelled, and Empire have good ships)

2 complete very good teams to own early. I disagree with the FO on the list because going FO first would only put you behind others. You unlock BB8 Early but then what? The vet farm can't even be started till you are well into the game, and even then Rey's not as good to own early as compared to all you unlock with Pheonix and CLS and Empire. (Jedi are up there but honestly you need to get the exact right Jedi's for it.. including multiple Zeta's)

What exactly is the standard for free anyway, I mean the 2nd list has Enfys 2nd, and.... that's a long long long long farm for f2p. Would a f2p focus on that over cls or RJT or even now Revan?...

I still reckon the best is simply CLS, he just helps in so many places and is still a game changer more so then any other character in the game.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Honestly, the best list would be what they should be focusing on at the start anyway for "best f2p purposes"- Go Pheonix for a solid early team that also helps unlock TWO legendries, and from there go Empire, Empire is a great team to own, helps with R2D2 which leads to CLS (The best toon in the game for anyone to unlock). Palp Empire teams can do the last round of TB without you even needing to complete Platoons. (Also easily beat the Ewoks in Assault battles when higher levelled, and Empire have good ships)

2 complete very good teams to own early. I disagree with the FO on the list because going FO first would only put you behind others. You unlock BB8 Early but then what? The vet farm can't even be started till you are well into the game, and even then Rey's not as good to own early as compared to all you unlock with Pheonix and CLS and Empire. (Jedi are up there but honestly you need to get the exact right Jedi's for it.. including multiple Zeta's)

What exactly is the standard for free anyway, I mean the 2nd list has Enfys 2nd, and.... that's a long long long long farm for f2p. Would a f2p focus on that over cls or RJT or even now Revan?...

I still reckon the best is simply CLS, he just helps in so many places and is still a game changer more so then any other character in the game.

That's not a list, that's a guide.
    HK22 wrote: »
    I would add Tie Fighter Pilot for being a solid addition to an Empire team and for his fighter being one of the best for its use with Imperial Capital Ships.

Tie Fighter Pilot as a character is really not very useful anymore, and his ship is no longer meta by any means. Geos and now BHs took over the empire + biggs meta.
  • Options
    Apparently Revan is the top F2P toon out there. Hell! There were enough of posts of guys claiming they got Revan purely the F2P way. Revan is the number 1 F2P toon
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Apparently Revan is the top F2P toon out there. Hell! There were enough of posts of guys claiming they got Revan purely the F2P way. Revan is the number 1 F2P toon
    Really? So...you think Revan outshines Thrawn in terms of sheer FTP versatility? Or is this another moan about Revan ;)
  • Options
    Think Thrawn is best because ship and arena. Nihilus close second.
  • Options
    The whole f2p vs p2w toons discussion is pointless. When does a toon (say a Marquee) make the transition from p2w to f2p anyway? Once it appears in shipments? After being farmable elsewhere? After having been farmable for months so that 7* is possible without spending truckloads of crystals?
    A far more meaningful list would be what are the most versatile toons in the game and compare that with the difficulty or effort involved in getting them. Just two examples:

7* Thrawn:
    - Shines in pretty much every part of the game and is one of the most versatile toons (if not THE most versatile).
    - Requires a full squad of 7* G8-9 Pheonix, which is quite an investment but definitely worthwile as the Phoenix squad is very useful itself (TB, early arena, etc.).

7* Rey (Jedi Training)
    - Very strong in most parts of the game (except ships) and pretty much mandatory for HSR but only useful with at least one or two other resistance toons (no plug and play toon).
    - Requires 5 specific toons at 7* G7-8 one of them being a legendary (BB8) that requires 7* FO toons and two others being on 16 energy cantina nodes (Vets) without having much utility aside from unlocking RJT.

This clearly shows that the "return on investment" for Thrawn is better than for RJT, which is probably stating the obvious but if you consider which toons to get in what order one should make those considerations.
  • Options

Tie Fighter Pilot as a character is really not very useful anymore, and his ship is no longer meta by any means. Geos and now BHs took over the empire + biggs meta.

I disagree that tf isn't meta in ships. Assuming you don't whale, the only bh ship you have is maybe ht.

I run my 3 star ht with g12 bossk with tf and vader under tarkin and it can beat anything in my fleet. Tf is important in there because both tf and vader can dispel an enemy ht to get rid of it quickly.

I run up against those that use bugs and ht but my ht just eats up all their dmg while I dispel theirs and destroy them.

So if I had to pick a ship starting line up that would be meta and ftp accessible, it would include tf.
  • Options
    Really? So...you think Revan outshines Thrawn in terms of sheer FTP versatility? Or is this another moan about Revan ;)

Ahhh you got me lol. No one outshines our blue boy <3 although Revan is hard to beat at the moment, kicks major A in TW and raids. He is pretty hot. I don’t have him and I’m already sick of facing him in arena. But Thrawn is in a league of his own.

• Options
    Only Revan is P2P. P2P to me is unavailable to ~70% of the community without extreme measures
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Exactly my point :p

Also TFP is still useful. His ship can still make you win, is a easy farm, ect. So both useful in the fact that he can aoe buff immune (TFP is the REASON I beat R2D2 event) and of course, the ship gives TM to your capital and inflicts buff immune in ships, which causes you to win.

Plus you can play with the AI in ships easily with how its been forced to not attack TFP. Geo's was never meta, the old meta could one shot geo's. And BH ships are p2p right now. So still not really meta.

If you going up against Seven star BH ships in arena, it means you going up against people that would have beaten you regardless. HT is now farmable at least, so in 4months maybe there will be a BH meta.
  • Options
    I disagree that tf isn't meta in ships. Assuming you don't whale, the only bh ship you have is maybe ht.

1) boba fett is a bh, hence slave 1 is a bh too
    2) TF isn't meta anymore. It barely dodges by now. A mid-gear 0 zetas full team of geos under a g12 ackbar eats a 4 zetas empire+Biggs team with 100k more power for breakfast.