Home One Fleet Mastery Only Gives 15 Shards

This is a public service announcement to let people know that the Home One Fleet Mastery Event going on over the next 24 hours only gives 15 shards.

Not 100.

You’re not going to get 7-Star Home One.

After all that work you did all month and throughout the lifetime of your playing preparing for it.

All the times you sacrificed putting resources elsewhere to build up your light side ships.

The credits to level your pilots. The ship building materials to level your ships. The cantina coins to level cassians u-wing. The Galactic War coins you spent on K-2So. The squad arena coins you spent on cassias. The guild coins you spent on Jyn Erso. The endless time and resources it took you to gear up your Phoenix squad. Not to mention getting your tank Biggs to gear level 10 even though you lacked much interest in him. Making sure Wedge followed suit. The cantina energy you spent on L3-37. The ship energy you spent on Lando and his Falcon. The endless grind that is Sabine Wren. The dollars you spent on a bundle to move things along on that ship that lagged behind.

All to finally reach a point where you stay up til 4 in the morning in anticipation of this great victory of all your efforts....

Just to find out you’ll only be getting 15 shards!

EVEN THOUGH EVERY HOME ONE FLEET MASTERY EVENT BEFOREHAND GAVE YOU 100 SHARDS AND A FULL STAR UP ON YOUR CAPITAL SHIP!

Then you’re gonna snap.

You’re gonna discover the Home One Fleet Bundle in the Store and buy a package of crystals to get it, as it gives you 10-100 shards toward Home One, the 7-Star version you deserve at this point.

Then you’re gonna get 10 shards.

Not 20.

Not 30.

Not 50.

Not 100.

Then you’re gonna take 800 crystals, reset the Home One event to get another 15, and find out you’ve used up all replays for the mission you’ve been waiting all month for and working diligently toward.

Then you’re gonna go back to the store and buy another Home One bundle. You don’t run out of replays on that one.

Again.

Then you’re gonna buy more crystals.

Then you’re gonna keep buying Home One bundles.

Four more times in a row.

$60 later.

Because Disney really needs that $60.

They don’t have enough money.

Your hard-earned money.

Plus tax.

This has been a public service announcement of what to expect from this extremely greedy, deceitful game and the psychosis it will put you through via false hope and trickery. But what do you expect from the people who own Disney?

Replies

• Options
    It's only ever given 15. Is this supposed to be a joke post? If so, it's rubbish and should be closed
  • Options
    How is the common person supposed to know it only gives 15?
  • Options
    Then you’re going to realize that this has always been the case

Then you’re going to realize that you could’ve hit the possible rewards button
  • Options
    I made my point. You get locked into a pattern from 4-Star, to 5-Star, to 6-Star, then 7-Star they cheat you and make you pay for it. It’s that simple.
  • Options
    Only 6 more months and you'll have a 7* home one.
  • Options
    The drop rate on the Home One bundle is also ridiculous. 10 shards 6 times in a row? That’s like the time Bernie Sanders lost Iowa to Hillary because he lost 6 coin tosses in a row, except in this case the coins had 10 sides and landed on the same side all six times.
  • Options
    This is the worst post I have seen in a really long time. And there has been a lot of bad ones lately....
  • Options
    This is the worst post I have seen in a really long time. And there has been a lot of bad ones lately....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    It's only ever given 15.

This.
  • Options
    EVEN THOUGH EVERY HOME ONE FLEET MASTERY EVENT BEFOREHAND GAVE YOU 100 SHARDS AND A FULL STAR UP ON YOUR CAPITAL SHIP!

It has never given 100 shards. It states 15 shards in the rewards. It's the same for every fleet mastery event.
  • Options
    I made my point. You get locked into a pattern from 4-Star, to 5-Star, to 6-Star, then 7-Star they cheat you and make you pay for it. It’s that simple.

If you did then you made it poorly. I've read the original, factually incorrect, post and your follow ups and I'm not sure what point you're making.

Are you mad that the number of blueprints from the event changed (even though it didn't)?

Are you mad that you only got 10 shards from the pack (even though the odds are available and you should have known this)?

Are you mad that you didn't know the rewards for the event (even though it's over a year old)?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Those come from challenges not events. The pattern you are describing is from a different thing.

Fleet mastery is an event, it awards 15 shards per completion.
  • Options
    I meant you get full shards enough to upgrade completely from 4 to 5 to 6 star from just completing the event. So you naturally think the 7 Star is gonna be the same way. No I never checked the rewards beforehand because last time it came around I wasn’t ready for it. It’s deceptive. It gets you to build the event up in your head and then hits you with the reality that you’re not going to get what you have come to expect. Then it preys upon your frustration which turns into you spending money on an item with a terrible drop rate to kill your hope and bank account even further. If you don’t think they plan to things out like this to manipulate you psychologically, you’re crazy. And all you trolls can make fun of me saying I should’ve checked the rewards beforehand, or you could side with the players and agree with me in solidarity so that maybe they’ll stop committing unfair practices like this in the future.
  • Options
    You should have checked, it has never changed, you made assumptions without looking at the facts available in game . So really, . . You made a mistake, you had a moment of pique, and in the end, you allowed your impatience to spend some money . . . .

All in all . . Guess you will actually look at the info available to every player in game next time huh.
  • Options
    I meant you get full shards enough to upgrade completely from 4 to 5 to 6 star from just completing the event. So you naturally think the 7 Star is gonna be the same way. No I never checked the rewards beforehand because last time it came around I wasn’t ready for it. It’s deceptive. It gets you to build the event up in your head and then hits you with the reality that you’re not going to get what you have come to expect. Then it preys upon your frustration which turns into you spending money on an item with a terrible drop rate to kill your hope and bank account even further. If you don’t think they plan to things out like this to manipulate you psychologically, you’re crazy. And all you trolls can make fun of me saying I should’ve checked the rewards beforehand, or you could side with the players and agree with me in solidarity so that maybe they’ll stop committing unfair practices like this in the future.

You could subscribe to the conspiracy theory that CG is trying to "manipulate [us] psychologically"·

Or you could look at the history of the event and see that it first ran just weeks before the first Chimaera event. If it gave 100 blueprints then huge numbers of folks would have unlocked Chimaera on the first go. So, yes, there is a monetization aspect to it and that aspect is pretty transparent. Not nearly as nefarious as you're painting it.

Also, as has been pointed out, you're basing your expectations of the event (Fleet Mastery) on the rewards from rotating challenges (Capital Ship Upgrades). They're two different things and expectations should be different. If the final tier of the challenges have 15 blueprints you'd have a stronger argument.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I made sure to have crystals saved up for the refreshes after the first events for fleet mastery started so it only took 4 months to do all 3.
  • SilverbackMM
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This is one of the those threads where I like almost everyone's posts except for one. s.

Your own.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    True, I can't like my own. I did delete my post however and I withdraw the comment. Best advice I can give is to read the event descriptions and rewards from now on so you aren't surprised.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My point is if it takes a good month to go from 5 or 6 star to 7 star Home One in terms of grinding ships and pilots, why would I have ever even looked st the rewards from the previous months Home One Fleet Mastery. This is my experience of what happened naturally as a normal player. They made me think every time you do each subsequent upgrade event that it’s done in one shot. So I spent a month getting ready for this. Then I don’t want to take no for an answer so I spent some money. But it’s sneaky and it’s shady and if you think otherwise you lack empathy and are wrong.
  • Options
    My point is if it takes a good month to go from 5 or 6 star to 7 star Home One in terms of grinding ships and pilots, why would I have ever even looked st the rewards from the previous months Home One Fleet Mastery. This is my experience of what happened naturally as a normal player. They made me think every time you do each subsequent upgrade event that it’s done in one shot. So I spent a month getting ready for this. Then I don’t want to take no for an answer so I spent some money. But it’s sneaky and it’s shady and if you think otherwise you lack empathy and are wrong.

I can understand your 15 to 100 confusion if you weren't around for when 7star cap ships were released. I cannot understand your anger at the 10shards from buying the shard pack. The store has a link to probabities so you should have looked at those odds before you bought the pack to decide if those odds were acceptable for the cost.
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »

I can understand your 15 to 100 confusion if you weren't around for when 7star cap ships were released. I cannot understand your anger at the 10shards from buying the shard pack. The store has a link to probabities so you should have looked at those odds before you bought the pack to decide if those odds were acceptable for the cost.

10 shards. 6 times in a row. That defies probabilities.
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »

10 shards. 6 times in a row. That defies probabilities.

No it does not. There is less than an 8% chance of getting more than 10 shards:
    480ennuvc3mg.jpg
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    How is the common person supposed to know it only gives 15?

'Possible rewards' tab?
  • Options
    A lot of hate for this post. For what it's worth, it showed up at the top of my google search because I wanted to make sure exactly what resources I needed to participate. I will now be spending those resources elsewhere - I think I'm better off getting Executrix to 6 so I have 2 good ships for Arena. So in summary, thanks for making this post, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    shaun51422 wrote: »
    A lot of hate for this post. For what it's worth, it showed up at the top of my google search because I wanted to make sure exactly what resources I needed to participate. I will now be spending those resources elsewhere - I think I'm better off getting Executrix to 6 so I have 2 good ships for Arena. So in summary, thanks for making this post, I appreciate it.

You can appreciate it without necroing it.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.