Surprise GR character TW bonus

2Next

Replies

• Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I hope you guys like these bonuses! Make sure to tell everyone in your guilds about them so they know they exist and use those characters.

I hats them. Now all you need is a G6 or whatever mace windu and Jango is useless

Don't get upset. It's nothing to lose your head about.....too soon?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    7ze5loieb0a2.png
    48cjw9g58n5z.png
  • Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    I hope you guys like these bonuses! Make sure to tell everyone in your guilds about them so they know they exist and use those characters.

Not gonna lie, it feels lame to me. One, you're giving relatively random people an edge. And two, half the bonuses are going to be circumventable (don't place scoundrels on defense and CUP isn't all that useful for the other team, for example).

It would have felt much better if they were bonuses for a PvE event.

It is avoidable, and sadly i expect i won't see any sith or scoundrels to attack and use the bo uses. But, just the thought of the chance is entertaining enough. Then you add in how much of a wrench it is going to throw into the standard defensive walls and i think it will change tw up enough to bring some liveliness to the wars this month.
  • Options
    The time has finally come guys. Can't wait for the surprise GR character to be revealed as my favorite CUP! He is such a great toon and this will finally give him the edge he needs. See swgoh players, CG does make some dreams come true! srez5w2d50dq.png
    s1878i9iji2z.png

I love how you even gave cup a g12+ piece
    I AM the High Ground
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »

Not gonna lie, it feels lame to me. One, you're giving relatively random people an edge. And two, half the bonuses are going to be circumventable (don't place scoundrels on defense and CUP isn't all that useful for the other team, for example).

It would have felt much better if they were bonuses for a PvE event.
    what is fun?

I LOVE these bonuses

The devs obviously had a great time brainstorming these and as a player i think it screams FUN

• Options
    I like the idea of TWs having random toons receiving bonuses. It does make one think a bit differently about who to use, how, and when, breaking up the relatively routine practices many have gotten into for the wars (same teams deployed in the same areas war after war).
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I think its awesome! I normally don't care much for TW but this sort of silly boost for the month makes it fun, you know, like a game. Lately I feel like I only gear and level toons so I can auto more battles but this makes me actually want to play a few. Great job!
  • Options
    I’m not a fan. Suddenly, devs can craft TW lore themes around characters not otherwise worthy of gearing up. Jedi guardian will be one of the next super TW bonus characters to drop.
  • Options
    ....and I'm sure all of these changes to multiple kits (including the 2 surprises) have been thoroughly play tested for bugs and balance.

I've got a bad feeling about this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited for these change. I find it very refreshing and that shakes things up a little bit, sending us back to the drawing board for a few theorycrafting. I mean, it's not like you HAD to gear them to stay competitive, the bonus are OP enough to somewhat bypass gear. For instance, when you have +1000% damage on Mace's basic , who care if you leave him G11 instead of pushing him G12+, he'll still going to chop sith in half regardless and present to same threat. No one is going to send sith against Mace, regardeless of if he's G10 or G12.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I am not quite sure where the surprise is.
    The battlefield looks a lot like Jakku.
    Not many Jango to behead with Mace.
    I guess we will find out in offense if it is worth the hype !
  • Options
    The time has finally come guys. Can't wait for the surprise GR character to be revealed as my favorite CUP! He is such a great toon and this will finally give him the edge he needs. See swgoh players, CG does make some dreams come true! srez5w2d50dq.png
    s1878i9iji2z.png

I just think it's hilarious you have essentially maxed out your CUP, mods and everything, and he is still barely 17,000 power lol. I'm sure the bonus will be game changing for you....
  • Options
    Well, i really enjoyed the bonuses. Especially when our opponents put a g12 sith wall up front and we had 0 sith on defense.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Agrivere wrote: »
    Well, from my perspective these "fun" character bonuses were a disaster. I'm in a very competitive TW guild, and it turned Territory Wars from a fun and strategic contest to "How do we kill 50 Revan squads without using Traya". It wasn't unfair of course, since everyone was in the same boat, but it also wasn't fun. Not even slightly.
    1. Opposing guild has the same issue
    2. Save Revan for offense (mirror matches)

• scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    Agrivere wrote: »
    Well, from my perspective these "fun" character bonuses were a disaster. I'm in a very competitive TW guild, and it turned Territory Wars from a fun and strategic contest to "How do we kill 50 Revan squads without using Traya". It wasn't unfair of course, since everyone was in the same boat, but it also wasn't fun. Not even slightly.

wouldn't trying to answer:
    How do we kill 50 Revan squads without using Traya

be considered
    strategic

then the same thing over and over and over and over and over. I mean sure revan on defense is new (before this TW) but without some thing new to shake it up you are back to the same old same old pretty quick