Omegas

Replies

• Options
    I skipped over half the responses as they're all the same and this has probably been said too, but omega mats simply aren't worth 1500 ship currency and that's why I whole heartedly agree with the OP. I'm also willing to bet all you guys arguing against the OP and claiming they don't need a boost in drop rate most likely have a very high GP. I personally have 1.5 million and I'm in CONSTANT need, especially when 10+ are required for each zeta'd ability.

And stop with the "every ability doesn't need to be omega'd" advice, that's just silly and once again probably comes from a high GP person. Nearly every ability NEEDS to be maxed, each omega usually adds a minimum of 15% damage or an additional effect on an ability, so that advice is basically saying don't use your squads to their full potential. Now if you were to add an addendum to that statement such as don't max abilities on characters you don't use then yes I agree, but if that character is level 85 and a gear level high enough to unlock omegas then that character is most likely being used in TW at the very least.
  • Options
    All true OP. I got 4 Zetas last Sunday from the Ship thing, and zero Omegas in a few days of farming.
  • Options
    And stop with the "every ability doesn't need to be omega'd" advice, that's just silly and once again probably comes from a high GP person. Nearly every ability NEEDS to be maxed, each omega usually adds a minimum of 15% damage or an additional effect on an ability, so that advice is basically saying don't use your squads to their full potential. Now if you were to add an addendum to that statement such as don't max abilities on characters you don't use then yes I agree, but if that character is level 85 and a gear level high enough to unlock omegas then that character is most likely being used in TW at the very least.
    Your addendum is the point. I have 3 million GP, and at least 50 characters with no abilities above 3, so I don't even spend purples on them. And that causes me no inconvenience at all, those characters present little use. Even on good characters, there is often no need to increase the leader ability since they never lead.

This is a first and foremost a resource management game. Manage your energy, your crystals, your gear, and yes your omegas. I always need more omegas. But I also always need more carbantis/guns/cuffs, more energy for hard node farms and cantina farms, more good mods, more gold. Choosing how to spend your resources in an intelligent way is the key to this game. If you omega'ed your clones and now you can't omega your nightsisters, that's not CG's mistake for making omegas too rare - it's yours for making a poor choice.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Your addendum is the point. I have 3 million GP, and at least 50 characters with no abilities above 3, so I don't even spend purples on them. And that causes me no inconvenience at all, those characters present little use. Even on good characters, there is often no need to increase the leader ability since they never lead.

This is a first and foremost a resource management game. Manage your energy, your crystals, your gear, and yes your omegas. I always need more omegas. But I also always need more carbantis/guns/cuffs, more energy for hard node farms and cantina farms, more good mods, more gold. Choosing how to spend your resources in an intelligent way is the key to this game. If you omega'ed your clones and now you can't omega your nightsisters, that's not CG's mistake for making omegas too rare - it's yours for making a poor choice.

It’s a poor choice that CG has decided those garbage toons are suddenly worth a 7* OT Chewie. It’s a poor choice CG decides that every character is relevant again due to TW. It’s a poor choice by CG Clones will most likely be needed to unlock a surprise release later today.

Players try to anticipate need based on communications with CG staff. CG staff has as of late, decided to no longer communicate with the player base. So whose fault is that? Newer players are overwhelmed by what they need to open old content and make a difference in the game. The removal of the characters for mod farming was a bold move but now newer players will not have a robust roster anymore. Requiring the insane amount of omegas to use a single Zeta is the root issue.
  • Options
    I skipped over half the responses as they're all the same and this has probably been said too, but omega mats simply aren't worth 1500 ship currency and that's why I whole heartedly agree with the OP. I'm also willing to bet all you guys arguing against the OP and claiming they don't need a boost in drop rate most likely have a very high GP. I personally have 1.5 million and I'm in CONSTANT need, especially when 10+ are required for each zeta'd ability.

Not really. I think you only need like gear 7 or gear 8 to unlock omegas. Not positive though. But for tw, Most of the teams I have that aren't developed beyond 85k or so and have good synergy end up sitting on the bench. If you place them on defense, they get steamrolled and they are too weak to get through the 90k+ teams that the opponent puts on defense.

Obviously this varies depending on the strength of your guild but basically any team that is below g10 or g11 is useless in tw in the guild I'm in. I have enough teams built up for tb for the most part and hstr req g11 or g12 for a team to be useful. Haat and pit req only one or two teams each.

So I build a new team at a time but the gear and stars take far longer than the omegas do to get. And I'm at about 2.8 mil gp so about mid to late game.

I actually have enough zetas and omegas to put a zeta and omegas on another character but haven't yet because I can't really find where it'll help. I have most of the ones that will help. Bastilla's lead was where I was leaning but with revan in the game now, it's going to be obsolete soon. But I'll eventually decide where to put it but I'm not desperately needing more when I can't decide where to put the ones I have.
  • Options

Not really. I think you only need like gear 7 or gear 8 to unlock omegas. Not positive though. But for tw, Most of the teams I have that aren't developed beyond 85k or so and have good synergy end up sitting on the bench. If you place them on defense, they get steamrolled and they are too weak to get through the 90k+ teams that the opponent puts on defense.

Obviously this varies depending on the strength of your guild but basically any team that is below g10 or g11 is useless in tw in the guild I'm in. I have enough teams built up for tb for the most part and hstr req g11 or g12 for a team to be useful. Haat and pit req only one or two teams each.

So I build a new team at a time but the gear and stars take far longer than the omegas do to get. And I'm at about 2.8 mil gp so about mid to late game.

I actually have enough zetas and omegas to put a zeta and omegas on another character but haven't yet because I can't really find where it'll help. I have most of the ones that will help. Bastilla's lead was where I was leaning but with revan in the game now, it's going to be obsolete soon. But I'll eventually decide where to put it but I'm not desperately needing more when I can't decide where to put the ones I have.

If you have a gp that is as high as day 1 FP players and you are only mid to late game you must be doing something. Im 85 and only at 1.5mil gp. The reason is I have squads gated at g8 because of furnace, stun cuffs, or stun guns or all 3. The fact that you are higher and only mid to late makes me think you had some help obtaining parts that f2p players have the hardest time with. So im not sure you really have the right to tell someone else they are doing it wrong.

No mid game player I have seen had a squad near 85k unless they focused one 1 team and even then I still dont think its possible f2p.

Like I said before I farmed the vets cantina which offers omegas as a reward 700+ times and never once received and omega.
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

If you have a gp that is as high as day 1 FP players and you are only mid to late game you must be doing something. Im 85 and only at 1.5mil gp. The reason is I have squads gated at g8 because of furnace, stun cuffs, or stun guns or all 3. The fact that you are higher and only mid to late makes me think you had some help obtaining parts that f2p players have the hardest time with. So im not sure you really have the right to tell someone else they are doing it wrong.

No mid game player I have seen had a squad near 85k unless they focused one 1 team and even then I still dont think its possible f2p.

Like I said before I farmed the vets cantina which offers omegas as a reward 700+ times and never once received and omega.

I started in November of 2016 and haven't spent a cent. It takes time but you can eventually get 4 or 5 good teams and more. I'm sure launch players have more if they focused because they have a year head start on me.

The first g12 is the hardest but as you start getting a couole high level teams, you start being able to complete more and more events, raids, and guild events that give you more and more resources.

Getting into a good guild is key. Completing raids, tb, and tw give you a lot of resources. Scoring near the top in raids gives you even more. But it isn't an exclusive club. If you are active and focused, you can get in with guilds with players well above your gp. Some look at arena rank and some will check out your roster but most will let the min gp req slide if they can tell you know what you're doing. The current guild I'm in normally requires 3 mil gp to join. But I joined at 2.5 mil because they liked my roster and arena rank. And I keep up. Normally get top 5 in all the raids we do.

So it's not all about spending money. Effort and planning can make up for lack of spending.

But maybe I'm late game now. Don't know. The lines on that are blurred. But I had a 100k team long before I cpuld beat everything. I focused on it for arena and maxed it. Since then I have 4 or 5 more that are over 80k and a couple more over 100k. Just have to focus.

But as far as omegas and zetas go, over half the characters can be ignored. Some you need just to unlock a legendary. Most of those you only need at like g8. After that they don't get much use. No point in maxing out farmboy luke. Once you get cls, he's pretty useless. So you can skip the omegas unless you are struggling with the event and you need them to puch through. And that goes for most of the res of the characters that aren't legendary or meta.

There are probably 30 characters that are useful above g8 right now. Assuming they have an average of 2 zetas and 3 omega abilities, they need about 40 omegas each (13 for the zetas on average and 5 for the omegas). So at 75 omegas a month ot takes 1.3 years to max out them all. Obviously, new toons come out but older ones also lose their utility so it is around 30 (maybe less) that are good at any given time.
  • Options
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Before I dump all of my frustration from spending over 1600 Cantina & not getting one Omega. Also it has taken me 3 days & I can't even collect 4 of them.
    I am going to ask you why is this like this. & why is it so difficult to collect an otherwise worthless Item? Omegas should be way more accessible if we have the materials to pay for them. They should be available all day long!!!!! It is rediculous that I am collecting Zeta mats @ a 2:1 ratio over them. Please look into restructuring this.
    I recommend buying omegas in fleet store to offset ur zeta surplus but if u farmed in lower nodes u should recall the bad drop rates of purple mats would make sense omegas would be even lower not justifying they want u to play until u die so everything valuable takes excessive time to get

• Options
    I get at least 365 Omegas a year for free. Just sayin’...
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I get at least 365 Omegas a year for free. Just sayin’...

That’s only 22 unique zeta abilities or 73 omega abilities which is roughly 14 characters fully omega’d. Thank [insert deity] for other sources.
  • Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Look at that...

"Omegas are completely worthless but I'm whinning about not getting enough of them and I really really need em now"

🤔

Omega abilities are basically worthless. The piece itself is useless. It is utlilized in a bad way. & I'll say whatever I want to!!! You are here to trash me because I am asking for something to help everybody? Grow up
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Before I dump all of my frustration from spending over 1600 Cantina & not getting one Omega. Also it has taken me 3 days & I can't even collect 4 of them.
    I am going to ask you why is this like this. & why is it so difficult to collect an otherwise worthless Item? Omegas should be way more accessible if we have the materials to pay for them. They should be available all day long!!!!! It is rediculous that I am collecting Zeta mats @ a 2:1 ratio over them. Please look into restructuring this.
    I recommend buying omegas in fleet store to offset ur zeta surplus but if u farmed in lower nodes u should recall the bad drop rates of purple mats would make sense omegas would be even lower not justifying they want u to play until u die so everything valuable takes excessive time to get

Hahaha
  • Options
    I don't know why some zeta's should cost 16 omega's. That seems a little silly to me for a mat that is already very annoying to get. Changing all zeta's to just cost 10 omega's would certainly alleviate the problem a bit.They could also straight up double the drop rate in cantina without it having too much impact.

I think omega's are too rare, but only slightly too rare.
  • Krjstoff
    635 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Bottle necks are what fuels the game ... omegas, stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis, golden eyes, whatever.
    And the frustration that these bottle necks cause is what drives a lot of players to spend on the game to progress.

It's not changing any time soon ... and if it ever changes, it will change only so slightly that it won't make much impact.

Take the high need gear bottle necks for instance ... with time more raids, more shops and more events has been introduced that increases availability. But not enough to reduce the bottle neck substancially.

So yes, more omegas would be nice. More of EVERYTHING would be nice. But it's not happening, so you'll have to choose which toons to focus on - or get your wallet out more often.
    & I'll say whatever I want to!!! You are here to trash me because I am asking for something to help everybody? Grow up

Maybe you feel like being trashed, because you're not listening to what many people are telling you.
    You're totally welcome to post whatever you want. But if you're more or less just ranting and trashing replies yourself, why post inhere at all? What do you expect to gain? Except ridicule...
  • Options
    Look at that...

"Omegas are completely worthless but I'm whinning about not getting enough of them and I really really need em now"

🤔

Omega abilities are basically worthless. The piece itself is useless. It is utlilized in a bad way. & I'll say whatever I want to!!! You are here to trash me because I am asking for something to help everybody? Grow up

Maybe you just don't understand how ironic you sound. Just tried to make you realize that. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up. Learn to use your ressources carefully in this game because it's all about this and the devs are very clear about that. They wont change the scarcity of it so you can omega the 150 characters forget it. Ask something that makes sense and stop the childful whining

Exactly. It'll never be possible to gear or omega everything without dropping boatloads of cash. The goal posts move with every new release and that is intended.
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Maybe you just don't understand how ironic you sound. Just tried to make you realize that. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up. Learn to use your ressources carefully in this game because it's all about this and the devs are very clear about that. They wont change the scarcity of it so you can omega the 150 characters forget it. Ask something that makes sense and stop the childful whining

& you can go find somewhere else to act like a big shot. How many times does one have to say that they are not interested in your opinions?
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Exactly. It'll never be possible to gear or omega everything without dropping boatloads of cash. The goal posts move with every new release and that

I do not have to defend anything about asking for anything. Take yourself elsewhere if you guys feel that it is not to your liking
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Maybe I just don't care what you have to say! How many time do I have to say that I could care less & that this post is not about you guys. Go bully some one else & stop acting like you're in charge from behind a keyboard.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Krjstoff wrote: »
    Bottle necks are what fuels the game ... omegas, stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis, golden eyes, whatever.
    And the frustration that these bottle necks cause is what drives a lot of players to spend on the game to progress.

It's not changing any time soon ... and if it ever changes, it will change only so slightly that it won't make much impact.

Take the high need gear bottle necks for instance ... with time more raids, more shops and more events has been introduced that increases availability. But not enough to reduce the bottle neck substancially.

So yes, more omegas would be nice. More of EVERYTHING would be nice. But it's not happening, so you'll have to choose which toons to focus on - or get your wallet out more often.
    & I'll say whatever I want to!!! You are here to trash me because I am asking for something to help everybody? Grow up

Maybe you feel like being trashed, because you're not listening to what many people are telling you.
    You're totally welcome to post whatever you want. But if you're more or less just ranting and trashing replies yourself, why post inhere at all? What do you expect to gain? Except ridicule...

I pay for my things, so I don't mind asking. As every single person has the right to! You guys are just bullies
  • Options

Thank you
  • Options
    especially when 10+ are required for each zeta'd ability.

I also agree with the OP. omegas are troublesome. in addition to quoted text I don't understand why some leadership zetas are 10 omegas some 13, some unique / ability zeta are 13, some 16.

why not make them all 10 for leadership and 13 for the rest and refund all that were spent too much.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »

It’s a poor choice that CG has decided those garbage toons are suddenly worth a 7* OT Chewie. It’s a poor choice CG decides that every character is relevant again due to TW. It’s a poor choice by CG Clones will most likely be needed to unlock a surprise release later today.

Players try to anticipate need based on communications with CG staff. CG staff has as of late, decided to no longer communicate with the player base. So whose fault is that? Newer players are overwhelmed by what they need to open old content and make a difference in the game. The removal of the characters for mod farming was a bold move but now newer players will not have a robust roster anymore. Requiring the insane amount of omegas to use a single Zeta is the root issue.

Stated much better than I could have
  • Options
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    especially when 10+ are required for each zeta'd ability.

I also agree with the OP. omegas are troublesome. in addition to quoted text I don't understand why some leadership zetas are 10 omegas some 13, some unique / ability zeta are 13, some 16.

why not make them all 10 for leadership and 13 for the rest and refund all that were spent too much.

Thank you! I agree that there are too many inconsistencies. While it would be awesome if a refund happened, I would never expect it. But this is definetly something that I feel is worth addressing & I am glad that I am not the only one.
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

I saw your discussion regarding F2p toons in TB man & while I agree with you, I have to say that I can't believe that you have the gaul to get on here & troll/trash people! It is not your place, just as it is not my place to tell you how to play or what to ask for.
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

I pay for my things, so I don't mind asking. As every single person has the right to! You guys are just bullies

Not everyone that disagrees with you is a bully. I have simply stated my opinion that the omega crunch isn't that bad.

I do so, so the devs see that not everyone thinks it's an issue and they don't waste time fixing what's not broken and instead give us new content or fix the places where the game needs fixed in my opinion.

That isn't bullying. That is stating a differing opinion. You are free to state your opinion on a public forum but others are also free to state their opinion even if it disagrees with yours.
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Not everyone that disagrees with you is a bully. I have simply stated my opinion that the omega crunch isn't that bad.

I do so, so the devs see that not everyone thinks it's an issue and they don't waste time fixing what's not broken and instead give us new content or fix the places where the game needs fixed in my opinion.

That isn't bullying. That is stating a differing opinion. You are free to state your opinion on a public forum but others are also free to state their opinion even if it disagrees with yours.
  • Options
    Look at that...

🤔

Why even do it? I have explained that that was not the purpose of this post. But there is a percentage of thiscommunity bashes anyone that asks for anything, or has to give their opinion about how people should be more conservative. I'm just saying, I get it, but we need a way to make Omegas more available. Not how do I save them. & it certainly feels like bullying.