Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Wrong game lol. Swgoh doesnt have leagues yet.
  • Grand Arena is a waste of time for me.
    Playing against opponents with traya and revan, which i both dont have.
    Traya is unreachable in a long time for me because of my guild isnt able to do the raid in the next half year. We are mixed, not all high gp players and i will not leave them. Year i hear people say that is my “poor“ decision.
    Revan i missed because of terrible droprates and i farmed months like an ****. Ok, happens.
    Iam heavy in ships, not in toons. Disadvantage. Opponents hide there ships behind top op toons. My ships are worth nothing that way in ga. Plus: conquest of ship area gives less points than other areas. Why? Next disadvatage. Ship area should be in front.
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Wrong game lol. Swgoh doesnt have leagues yet.

it actually is the right game...
    Grand Arena General info

All players start in Bronzium League each Season
    Earn League promotion based on your rank at the end of an Event
    Division I is locked in for the top 8,192 players based on GP at the start of the 1st event each Season
    End of Event Rewards are granted at the end of each Event based on your League
    End of Season Rewards are sent at the end of the Season based on your League and Division

Grand Arena League info

Bronzium -> Top 4 ranks advance to Chromium League
    Chromium -> top 4 advance to Aurodium league
    Aurodium -> Rank 1 advances to Carbonite League
    Carbonite -> Rank 1 advances to Kyber League (Division I only)
    Kyber -> Top 32 players each season in Division I

but i just can't find out how far we are in the season and in wich league i am, there is no indication at all in the GA, and there was no indication in the reward messages
  • My grand arena doesn't say any of that, you might have just made it up.

It was datamined last year when GA was new. See https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Datamined_Information . There has never been an official announcement with this information and I don't think it was implemented this way.

It was datamined last year when GA was new. See https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Datamined_Information . There has never been an official announcement with this information and I don't think it was implemented this way.

ok thank you, i was thinking the datamined informations where up to date
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ships, the new easy button.. lol Edict from Emperor no doubt..

Lord Vader...

Yes My Master

We need more players using ships..

Why Master, our Fleets are sufficient?

PLAYERS DO NOT CONCERN ME I NEED A SHIP!

*SIGH* YES MASTER

My reply in my best George Bush Sr. Voice..."Nope.. not gonna do it.."
    2tprur.jpg
    (Bonus points if you can name the movie)

Flash Gordon, 1980's.
  • It's Feb 23 now in California and my client still doesn't show GA available.

Has it started?

*** Demanding for better in-game cues.
  • maraexibil wrote: »
    It's Feb 23 now in California and my client still doesn't show GA available.

Has it started?

*** Demanding for better in-game cues.
    Yes, sign-up phase has started.
  • When is the update for matchmaking that was announced (that separates fleet GP from GA's that don't use fleet) going to go live? It obviously is not in place now.
  • GodlikeNay wrote: »
    When is the update for matchmaking that was announced (that separates fleet GP from GA's that don't use fleet) going to go live? It obviously is not in place now.

Tomorrow.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    GodlikeNay wrote: »
    When is the update for matchmaking that was announced (that separates fleet GP from GA's that don't use fleet) going to go live? It obviously is not in place now.

Tomorrow.

Are you serious or being sarcastic? As in, it's always tomorrow and never today?
  • GodlikeNay wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    GodlikeNay wrote: »

Tomorrow.

Are you serious or being sarcastic? As in, it's always tomorrow and never today?

We all know as much as you which is zero...until it is announced and it isn't.
  • Didn't they say the separation would be active in this GA already? It's pretty annoying to be matched up with a guy who has much higher character GP, while ships aren't even present in this GA...
  • I agree about ship gp needs to be seperated. Opponent definitely mismatched if you focus on ships at all. Frustrating.
  • The grand arena is boring. even more 3v3. why actually three defensive phases. it would be more exciting to have a defensive phase for all three matches without knowing who the opponent is. So it would be more exciting and instead of seven days only five days go.
  • The unique buffs counter in the tactical genius quest has been reset. In the answer EA forum, they shrugged it off and said "yes it's a bug. Meh, we can't help you, but you'll do it much quicker now that the counter is fixed". This is not how you treat your customers. It's not possible that when the game is unaccessible for 5 minutes you get some hundred crystals dropped in your inbox and such a thing gets shrugged off even in this mocking way.
  • Cuddlebear wrote: »
    Finn is a leading character in the two most recent episodes of the main Star Wars saga. Revan was a character in a very dated looking video game from the Windows XP era who has never been canonized. He's licensed fan fiction. Most of us had never heard of him and his ilk until we started playing SWGoH. Savior of the galaxy besting the dark lord, my left sock. And they call Rey a Mary Sue.

Besides, we're talking about a game where the anxious old worrywart C-3PO is a veritable god (not just to Ewoks) who "translates" and "confuses" his opponents to death, while a Jedi Master of Mace Windu's caliber is a useless tank without a taunt. I just watched an Ewok kill Emperor Palpatine by bludgeoning his kneecap, for crying out loud. Nothing really makes sense in this game, and it doesn't have to because it's a Holotable simulation.

Hunh? You have actually read the Star Wars novels, right? Revan is as much a hero there as Darth Darth Plagueis, Star Killer, etc. Not having some of them in this game, or another game, does not make them fan fiction.
  • 👍h0nval7hpnoa.png
  • First blood.
  • When your opponent doesn't set up any defenses it really takes the fun out of GA especially when it is the 3v3 which is my favorite game mode.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    When your opponent doesn't set up any defenses it really takes the fun out of GA especially when it is the 3v3 which is my favorite game mode.

Its ok you still get 2 matchups left... maybe even a fair one !!!!
  • If there is no defense at all, you should get all the credits at least. Also I cant finish the quests because of this. I need 3 wins with gk, and 6 with Traya. Now I have to wait one more ga for gk, and 2 more for traya. Also if my opponent is strong I dont risk loosing for the quests, so it might take more. But in this round I could have won with gk and traya.
  • I'm tired of this GA, I cannot understand how this dev team cannot think the obvious things on this. How fair is this match?

It's my opponent:
    g2ij203rfohu.png

It's me.
    hofzvqauwzzw.png

• Chima wrote: »
    I'm tired of this GA, I cannot understand how this dev team cannot think the obvious things on this. How fair is this match?

It's my opponent:
    g2ij203rfohu.png

It's me.
    hofzvqauwzzw.png

Wow this is one of the most extreme mismatches I've ever seen. It's not fair in any sense of the word ofc. But we know it's going to change and it can't change sooner.
  • HJoci30 wrote: »
    If there is no defense at all, you should get all the credits at least. Also I cant finish the quests because of this. I need 3 wins with gk, and 6 with Traya. Now I have to wait one more ga for gk, and 2 more for traya. Also if my opponent is strong I dont risk loosing for the quests, so it might take more. But in this round I could have won with gk and traya.

This.
  • Bigjmusic
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why is it so hard in grand arena the teams are unfair and unbalanced I face teams that seem to cheat and are super hard to beat any nightsister team seems to be a huge cheat it's garbage that you kill nightsister zombie and mother tarza and they come back to health with full strength makes playing grand arena VERY UNFAIR it also makes me think of what the heck y'all actually do there cuz there's a lot of players profile and characters when u face them seem to be super unfair or it feels like you been cheated

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Bigjmusic wrote: »
    Why is it so hard in grand arena the teams are unfair and unbalanced I face teams that seem to cheat and are super hard to beat any nightsister team seems to be a huge cheat it's garbage that you kill nightsister zombie and mother tarza and they come back to health with full strength makes playing grand arena VERY UNFAIR it also makes me think of what the heck y'all actually do there cuz there's a lot of players profile and characters when u face them seem to be super unfair or it feels like you been cheated

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Just get a counter team like Imperial Troopers if you are having a tough time with NS.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on