Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Repeat after me: HOARDING IS NOT PVP! HOARDING IS NOT PVP! HOARDING IS NOT PVP!

Exactly zero people think hoarding is PvP.

I know someone who thinks hoarding as a f2p is f2p as long as you stop being p2p after you've hoarded.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm so TORN on this map.... it has ships So automatic A+ yet at same time ship weighting is pretty close to non consequential.... so that get's an F-.

If you have over 4.whatever mil GP Should be 2 fleets on offense 2 on defense...

Edit what I mean is I have 12 more G12 ships than opponent and the ships match no matter how we play it with HMF's will end in a literal tie... no matter how we play it.... so it's almost like ships don't exist....

I don't really see a fix unless they went to 2 fleets on D see who has the "best" roster ya know like intended.... I don't see a fix for the situation cause...CG don't care about ships enough to come up with one lol

• Mike74f
    20 posts Member
    Yea i hope the new matchmaking is actually better i have only got better than 8th once i cant do much against ppl that have twice as many g12 n twice as many zetas as i do im lucky if i take take out 1 squad
  • "I know someone who thinks hoarding as a f2p is f2p as long as you stop being p2p after you've hoarded."

Hell's bells, that's more convoluted than the 2nd Amendment
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    "I know someone who thinks hoarding as a f2p is f2p as long as you stop being p2p after you've hoarded."

Hell's bells, that's more convoluted than the 2nd Amendment

I'm just repeating what we were told.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Looking forward to the new matching. Really encouraging to see they're making changes, but wondering how much difference it will make - "slightly reduce the weighting of pure GP in the matchmaking system". So we'll only mostly get penalised for a broad roster?
    I hope there are significant changes.

Will be nice to limit these wildly unfair groupings we currently get.
    I just obliterated my round 1 opponent this GA, didn't lose a character or ship, 60pt wins mostly.
    Was feeling bad for them.... then I looked at one of the other potential opponents.
    Maxed our G12 (+3-5 pieces) for JKR, DR, Traya, Malak etc. Wow, now I'll get annihilated by them!! Just the 3 of us are in different leagues in reality, but the same GA under current rules.
    I won't miss this (mis)matchmaking lol.

Bring on the improvements!!
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I'm honestly so over GA. Even with an insane winning streak, it's gotten extremely boring. I face the same 6-10 teams every time. I built all the counters for em, and even tried using different things to make it interesting, but it's just not. 😕
    I don't think even fixing matchmaking will save it at this point, at least for me.
  • Wimma wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new matching. Really encouraging to see they're making changes, but wondering how much difference it will make - "slightly reduce the weighting of pure GP in the matchmaking system". So we'll only mostly get penalised for a broad roster?

I just obliterated my round 1 opponent this GA, didn't lose a character or ship, 60pt wins mostly.
    Was feeling bad for them.... then I looked at one of the other potential opponents.
    Maxed our G12 (+3-5 pieces) for JKR, DR, Traya, Malak etc. Wow, now I'll get annihilated by them!! Just the 3 of us are in different leagues in reality, but the same GA under current rules.

I just hope they don't go too far the other way. I don't want to constantly face clone rosters to my own. That would remove the whole incentive to improve good toons and work towards meta teams. After all, if you can build a non competitive roster and the match making fixes it for you and you get the same rewards as those that soent the resources to be competitive, then thatjust removes all incentive to improve your roster.

Hopefully the change is something like not counting characters below like 10k gp or something like that so there is still some room to have some diversity of opponents.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Wimma wrote: »

I just hope they don't go too far the other way. I don't want to constantly face clone rosters to my own. That would remove the whole incentive to improve good toons and work towards meta teams. After all, if you can build a non competitive roster and the match making fixes it for you and you get the same rewards as those that soent the resources to be competitive, then thatjust removes all incentive to improve your roster.

Hopefully the change is something like not counting characters below like 10k gp or something like that so there is still some room to have some diversity of opponents.

Yeah its a tough line to tow.... No matter what they do people will figure out advantage play and ppl will complain... i guess success will be determined by getting least amount of ppl complaining at once and making $$$ :)
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Well, as long as we don't end up with what I'm in now. 8 players, 1 with JKR, DR and Treya. 2 others with Revan (me included) and 5 players with 0 meta squads. So 1 automatic winner if he is a halfway decent player (he is, top 8 in both arenas) 2 guys likely fighting for second (who cares, prizes are the same for 2, 3 and 4, also a dumb idea). And 5 guys trying not to be last which is the only real penalty, due to the significant drop off in prizes for 8th.
    Super fun...not!! And it really could be (and occasionally is) if at least 6 players are pretty close in actual line ups. I welcome any matchmaking changes at this point. Also, this is not some sour grapes, "I never win GA", junk. I have won more GA's than I have lost. But most of those wins felt hollow because my opponents usually couldn't beat my Revan on defence. Not much skill needed. Oh and I'm mostly f2p. I throw in a few $ once in a while for some crystals and to support a game I truly love...mostly. I just want it to be better.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    17 more G12.... ack... no credits for you sir....no credits for you

EDIT i would usually play this but those 3+ teams he has on me are god metas that I do not have....

good game sir enjoy your 100k credits he prob already has all quests (for the record the MOD advantage he has on 6* is ridiculous...which means for some reason HE IS ALWAYS getting these fluff matches and wins every GA which leads to the question....is matchmaking favoring certain people.... has the guy figured out the algorithm and knows how to set his team.... could be cheating i guess he has no revan or malak.... means he beats em or never plays them....since he is the one with fluff match I'd say he knows how to beat the matching system bwhahahahahahah

His fleet is pathetic compared to mine...don't matter tho HMF vs HMF...two automatic wins....basic draw scenario..... pretty dumb map IMO....

enjoy the 100k bra enjoy

bwhahahahahahahahah can't be a sore loser if not playing HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Jim Lahey : "I am the Liquor"
  • I'm a bit sceptical about their upcoming changes to the matchmaking. It will depend on how they approach it. I understand that some people are not happy with the current matchmaking but I simply don't know if it's possible to find a solution that would benefit all players (or at least the vast majority). I have a fairly focused roster but I don't want to end up facing people with 1-1.5M more GP than me because that would be even more unfair than the current situation. They really need to put a lot of thoughts into the new matchmaking system. I think creating some sort of leagues would be the way to go. If you win you increase your rating and then face stronger opponents with a similar rating in the next GA. The rewards would increase as you go up in rating and decrease as you drop, but at least you would always fight people of similar strength.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'm a bit sceptical about their upcoming changes to the matchmaking. It will depend on how they approach it. I understand that some people are not happy with the current matchmaking but I simply don't know if it's possible to find a solution that would benefit all players (or at least the vast majority). I have a fairly focused roster but I don't want to end up facing people with 1-1.5M more GP than me because that would be even more unfair than the current situation. They really need to put a lot of thoughts into the new matchmaking system. I think creating some sort of leagues would be the way to go. If you win you increase your rating and then face stronger opponents with a similar rating in the next GA. The rewards would increase as you go up in rating and decrease as you drop, but at least you would always fight people of similar strength.

I think the new system will keep GP-matching as well, it will just introduce additional weightings within the GP matching.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    I don't think we'll face mirror matches, just (hopefully) better chance to face other rosters without the DR, Traya, Malak etc that are so OP. I'm ok if I go up against someone with a 300k GP difference, so long as our top 50 are similar, as that's all we generally use.
    Most GAs so far I haven't used 250k+ worth of character GP, as a G6-8 character is pretty useless, and one meta character will simply wipe a team of them. Most rounds I can either sweep my opponent, or I have no hope, and throwing another 6 weaker teams is completely useless. Capping eligible character GP to 10k (or similar) would certainly help with that.
    Championship might be handy too if we get moved up/down, and I assume the different brackets will have different rewards, so those with the better rosters will get better gear.
    The whole intent of GA I thought was to provide a good challenge, so hopefully this is a step forwards. Agree nothing will be perfect, but has to be better than not wanting to bother (like me in round 2 - going to get obliterated by a sea of gold!)
    Hopefully we'll find out soon!
  • Lt_rhil_margos
    101 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    In what universe do u think I have a fair chance at winning GA through skill.
    When my 12 gold goes up against 32 gold, including revan cls, there is no competition. One opponent had 50 lvl1 chrs so he could swim in the shallow pool. Identifying the whales wearing the flotation device not hard. Revan should never face non revan. Cls ditto.
    GA has the premise that with skill in battle, u can come first. GP only matchmaking is so broken that many ppl refuse to battle or even set def.
    One look at all opponents will instantly tell u who will win. The arena # and fleet # is a dead giveaway.
    I'm not wasting 1/2 hour a day for a guaranteed last place. I won't even give my opponents the satisfaction of battling me, as that would require 5 mins setting def.
    It's broken, and I'm going to break it more until u fix it.
    If I have to, I'll learn computer programming, and write u a code so that at least, no OP characters can shoot the unarmed. If one person has a .50cal, only fair thr opponent has one too. Could have sworn programming was ur speciality but.
    Post edited by Lt_rhil_margos on
  • Oops, somehow deleted my own comment.hajqnwguwmof.jpg
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Well, as long as we don't end up with what I'm in now. 8 players, 1 with JKR, DR and Treya. 2 others with Revan (me included) and 5 players with 0 meta squads. So 1 automatic winner if he is a halfway decent player (he is, top 8 in both arenas) 2 guys likely fighting for second (who cares, prizes are the same for 2, 3 and 4, also a dumb idea). And 5 guys trying not to be last which is the only real penalty, due to the significant drop off in prizes for 8th.
    Super fun...not!! And it really could be (and occasionally is) if at least 6 players are pretty close in actual line ups. I welcome any matchmaking changes at this point. Also, this is not some sour grapes, "I never win GA", junk. I have won more GA's than I have lost. But most of those wins felt hollow because my opponents usually couldn't beat my Revan on defence. Not much skill needed. Oh and I'm mostly f2p. I throw in a few $ once in a while for some crystals and to support a game I truly love...mostly. I just want it to be better.

I think you're looking at it a little differently than I do. I see the big challenge of the game as building a competitive roster. Farming and gearing a revan team (or darth revan or what ever meta there is at the moment) is a large part in playing the game.

And I understand that facing a challenge is more interesting but at the same time there has to be some incentive to still farm the meta teams. So making sure tjat those with darth revan and darth malak only face others that have him isn't a good answer in my opinion. (Not sure if that was what you were suggesting or not).

And having darth revan, jkr, and traya, isn't an automatic win. All of them have counters. And to be honest, ttaya and jkr habe been out long enough most players with above about 2 mil gp should have them. If not it's their own fault. And jkr with a fast thrawn thrown in can beat darth revan.

Just for full disclosure, I do have darth revan, jkr, traya, and a 6 star padme. I'm just under 3 mil gp and have been playing since nov 2016 completely ftp. Most of my opponents don't have darth revan or malak and a few don't have jkr or traya either. I figure most whales pass my gp fairly quickly.

And I don't really feel bad for the ones that don't have revan or traya. If you build a roster to 3 mil gp (either through time or money) and don't have the two or 2nd and 3rd best teams in the game that have been ftp farmable for several months, that's just gross mismanagement of resources and those that managed the resources better deserve to win.

As I have stated earlier, if they put a min gp limit on characters of 10 or 15k, that would work ok. It would remove the penalty of levelling characters to g7 or so in prep without really changing much for most of us. Hopefully it's a minor change. I don't really want to have to face 4.5 mil gp whales just because I farmed good characters.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Krashxxxx wrote: »

I think you're looking at it a little differently than I do. I see the big challenge of the game as building a competitive roster. Farming and gearing a revan team (or darth revan or what ever meta there is at the moment) is a large part in playing the game.

And I understand that facing a challenge is more interesting but at the same time there has to be some incentive to still farm the meta teams. So making sure tjat those with darth revan and darth malak only face others that have him isn't a good answer in my opinion. (Not sure if that was what you were suggesting or not).

And having darth revan, jkr, and traya, isn't an automatic win. All of them have counters. And to be honest, ttaya and jkr habe been out long enough most players with above about 2 mil gp should have them. If not it's their own fault. And jkr with a fast thrawn thrown in can beat darth revan.

Just for full disclosure, I do have darth revan, jkr, traya, and a 6 star padme. I'm just under 3 mil gp and have been playing since nov 2016 completely ftp. Most of my opponents don't have darth revan or malak and a few don't have jkr or traya either. I figure most whales pass my gp fairly quickly.

And I don't really feel bad for the ones that don't have revan or traya. If you build a roster to 3 mil gp (either through time or money) and don't have the two or 2nd and 3rd best teams in the game that have been ftp farmable for several months, that's just gross mismanagement of resources and those that managed the resources better deserve to win.

As I have stated earlier, if they put a min gp limit on characters of 10 or 15k, that would work ok. It would remove the penalty of levelling characters to g7 or so in prep without really changing much for most of us. Hopefully it's a minor change. I don't really want to have to face 4.5 mil gp whales just because I farmed good characters.

Bottom line no credits for this guy

Gratz on the win your the man lol
    d7bx9iwihsyn.png

42 g12 more.... crumb pass on my appreciation for how hard the team works on matchmaking lol
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

d7bx9iwihsyn.png

42 g12 more.... crumb pass on my appreciation for how hard the team works on matchmaking lol

So you're saying with 58 g12 characters and more +10 speed mods you can't win? Or even win a few offensive battles? That sounds like a skill problem rather than a matchmaking problem. Especially considering you have enough g12 for 12 teams and enough g11 for 4 more. This ga you only place 6 teams on defense (or up to 8 I think if your gp is high enough). So you have enough g11 or g12 to place almost all g11 or g12 and use almost all g11 or g12 on offense. The fact that they have more is completely irrelevant.

And with almost 100 more +10 speed mods, you probably have the speed advantage (or should if you know how to mod at all). So the matchup is completely winnable. If you can't win it's because you either geared really bad toons to g12 or you aren't very good at the game. But your example isn't one of impossible matchmaking.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    The up side with this type of open territory maps (no front/back zones) is that meta squads matter much less as you can’t just put up your invincible DR/Malak squad in the front zone and block your opponent. Won this round vs an opponent with a very strong DR/Malak squad and lost my first with a few banners but not because I didn’t have DR but because I messed up two attacks.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

d7bx9iwihsyn.png

So you're saying with 58 g12 characters and more +10 speed mods you can't win? Or even win a few offensive battles? That sounds like a skill problem rather than a matchmaking problem. Especially considering you have enough g12 for 12 teams and enough g11 for 4 more. This ga you only place 6 teams on defense (or up to 8 I think if your gp is high enough). So you have enough g11 or g12 to place almost all g11 or g12 and use almost all g11 or g12 on offense. The fact that they have more is completely irrelevant.

And with almost 100 more +10 speed mods, you probably have the speed advantage (or should if you know how to mod at all). So the matchup is completely winnable. If you can't win it's because you either geared really bad toons to g12 or you aren't very good at the game. But your example isn't one of impossible matchmaking.

Lol glorious. Lets see

Says i cant mod, not good at game , my + 10 speed mods will make the difference vs his +9’s lol

Your concept of math is loltastic BTW post yer vids bra of you winning vs 50 more g12 toons
    Maybe ull get ur own gamechanger channel

Oh ill win all the battles get all my credits he wont let him complain to devs how bad their systems are if winning aint enuff.

80 is magic number. I have 58 he has 100. Way over the magic number its stupid.

But its ok keep defending the crap that benefits you instead of telling the truth....GA sucks
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

d7bx9iwihsyn.png

Lol glorious. Lets see

Says i cant mod, not good at game , my + 10 speed mods will make the difference vs his +9’s lol

Your concept of math is loltastic BTW post yer vids bra of you winning vs 50 more g12 toons

Oh ill win all the battles get all my credits he wont let him complain to devs how bad their systems are if winning aint enuff.

But its ok keep defending the crap that benefits you instead of telling the truth....GA sucks

I can't say for sure whether he has more +9 speed mods but by the very stats you posted to say it is unfair also shows you having more higher speed mods.

Yet you discount that as not relevant but claim having more g12 than you can possibly use makes you opponent unbeatable.

And it is completely up to you how bloatedyou gp is. At over 4 mil gp, if you don't have enough decently geared good ga teams, it's due to your lack of focus nott the match making.

If you want to win develop good teams. Once you have enough good teams to fill defense and fight on offense, the rest of your roster and your opponents roster becomes irrelevant.

And if you don't have meta teams and 4 mil gp, that is also on you. Short of malak, if yoy have been playing long enough (or spent enough) to have that much gp you should have the other legendaries and have them geared. If you don't that's on you and you'll probably lose a lot. Once again, not the fault of matchmaking.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

d7bx9iwihsyn.png

Lol glorious. Lets see

I can't say for sure whether he has more +9 speed mods but by the very stats you posted to say it is unfair also shows you having more higher speed mods.

Yet you discount that as not relevant but claim having more g12 than you can possibly use makes you opponent unbeatable.

And it is completely up to you how bloatedyou gp is. At over 4 mil gp, if you don't have enough decently geared good ga teams, it's due to your lack of focus nott the match making.

If you want to win develop good teams. Once you have enough good teams to fill defense and fight on offense, the rest of your roster and your opponents roster becomes irrelevant.

And if you don't have meta teams and 4 mil gp, that is also on you. Short of malak, if yoy have been playing long enough (or spent enough) to have that much gp you should have the other legendaries and have them geared. If you don't that's on you and you'll probably lose a lot. Once again, not the fault of matchmaking.

Cliff notes git gud you could have saved your fingers the pain.

If i develop 8 good teams and still having to fight ppl with 16 every other match and your brain cant figure out why GETTIN GUD does not fix that issue in the nicest way possible your just being intellectually dishonest while on purpose cause current system benefits you.... or not and purpose and the magic number (80) in this bracket concept is beyond you....

Either way again respectfully can take you git gud trash (thats imossibe) and toss it in a lake

Who gives a crap if i gain 100k GP lean a month when opponent gains 300 and your still fighting them

Not hArd bra...... its why they are fixing it cause its BROKe and sucks
  • Torr
    29 posts Member
    Champion round for me today, my opponent did not set any toons on defense, he only set a C fleet for defense. There is no way for me to win this round if he cleared my two territory.
  • Torr
    29 posts Member
    4jlob6hk4ndm.png
  • if you can clear his fleet, you'll win even if you only score 16 banners on the fleet victory and he scores max banners on all his attacks against your defenses.
    your banners= 820+155+16-66 banners (total range 991-1041)
    his banners = 100+270+155+16-66 + 5*16-64 banners (total range 621-911)

if you don't clear his fleet, then yes he has a chance at winning.
  • Torr
    29 posts Member
    Cweneldic, thanks for the clarification. I thought I was going to lose.
  • no problem. the one time I had it done to me, I thought I was too. :)
  • @Torr You still lose the chance for credits by him not setting squads. How's that fair?
  • ImYourKnightBro
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Also, just setting fleet in an GA event with both fleet and toons is not good strategy ... It's being mean ... If it was strategy, like they wanted to use their power toons on offense, then they'd at least put in their junk toons (that they know their not gonna use on offense anyway) on D to keep a good gaming environment. Their goal IS to screw you out if credits...unless they REALLY ARE THAT IGNORANT.