Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.
    Or start the GA tournament, I like that idea

    lol Daily GW takes longer than GA and I sim GW


    I DESPISE GRAND ARENA.... still happy with it running every day
    1a0hkd.jpg
  • Stokat
    366 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    yw02u501fc14.png

    I know I need work, but I love how fair this matchmaking process is


    hmm I would have to see the toons.... if he has DR malak and crew and you dont'.... I would'nt play.

    The 14 extra zetas matter if on new revan squad or just extra QGJ, stormtrooper zetas...

    if neither of you have malak I would actually play that.

    There is nothing from that data that suggests it's impossible to win... (again I can't see if it's DR malak vs no DR malak)

    The ones I refuse to play in and set trash usually involve 30 more G12 toons and are stupid ridiculous.

    def wold come down to which god toons he has vs u
    My rd 1 match this time out...

    He has malak, I don’t. I tried anyway and beat him. I needed 2 teams to beat his Sith Empire team, but he needed 2 teams to beat my NS, Ewoks, FO.

    I don’t agree with your strategy / advice to others to just roll over when you think all is lost. When you try, there’s always a chance you’ll win.

    Exactly. I don't have DR or Malak but I always fight back the best I can. Granted i usually lose, but once in a while I pull off a win.If nothing else it's more fun to make them work a bit for a victory.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    yw02u501fc14.png

    I know I need work, but I love how fair this matchmaking process is


    hmm I would have to see the toons.... if he has DR malak and crew and you dont'.... I would'nt play.

    The 14 extra zetas matter if on new revan squad or just extra QGJ, stormtrooper zetas...

    if neither of you have malak I would actually play that.

    There is nothing from that data that suggests it's impossible to win... (again I can't see if it's DR malak vs no DR malak)

    The ones I refuse to play in and set trash usually involve 30 more G12 toons and are stupid ridiculous.

    def wold come down to which god toons he has vs u
    My rd 1 match this time out...

    He has malak, I don’t. I tried anyway and beat him. I needed 2 teams to beat his Sith Empire team, but he needed 2 teams to beat my NS, Ewoks, FO.

    I don’t agree with your strategy / advice to others to just roll over when you think all is lost. When you try, there’s always a chance you’ll win.

    Exactly. I don't have DR or Malak but I always fight back the best I can. Granted i usually lose, but once in a while I pull off a win.If nothing else it's more fun to make them work a bit for a victory.
    Yep. There are many on these forums talk about “impossible matches”, and they decide the best approach is to give up and not try.

    It’s like a Goldilocks approach. “This matchup is too hard”.

    Always try. As soon as someone doesn’t try, it’s them that makes the matchup impossible.
  • TVF
    11943 posts Member
    But you can't stick it to CG if you try.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    But you can't stick it to CG if you try.
    True dat. Though, I’m certain the impact to CG, either way, is unaltered!
  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    But you can't stick it to CG if you try.
    True dat. Though, I’m certain the impact to CG, either way, is unaltered!
    You mean the devs aren't personally rooting for me and mourning when I lose?!?? :'(
  • TVF
    11943 posts Member
    Quite the opposite, I've had multiple devs tell me they are making you lose because they've never really cared for you.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stokat
    366 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Quite the opposite, I've had multiple devs tell me they are making you lose because they've never really cared for you.

    You just need to make enough sacrifices to draw the attention of your own personal RNGesus (you know, someone that cares, someone that hear your prayers).
  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Quite the opposite, I've had multiple devs tell me they are making you lose because they've never really cared for you.

    You just need to make enough sacrifices to draw the attention of your own personal RNGesus (you know, someone that cares, someone that hear your prayers).
    Darnit, now I'll have that as an earworm for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks! :p
  • Re: GA matchmaking in Championships

    Mirror matches, if they match us with a similar developed player, high chance for mirror matches.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    Re: GA matchmaking in Championships

    Mirror matches, if they match us with a similar developed player, high chance for mirror matches.
    Ehhh.. At the roster level? Probably not. At the squad level? Perhaps but that is always a possibility and so long as the rosters are reasonably well developed, most players should have the choice of mirror battles or using counter squads. I know which I'd go for.
  • evoluza
    1778 posts Member
    Yeah.. We stay with GP matching.
    This means there want be any good lige system in ga championship.
    There is the business part. How do you incourage people to spend, if you match always the same class and don't give them a reason to upgrade more chars?
    Then the competitive part. When there are the same rewards for everyone at first place, no matter gp range.
    Obviously missing opportunities, for I don't know what reasons..
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2860 posts Member
    edited May 18
    I will never understand people who instantly give up if their opponent has something they don't. Why not just give it all you have and try anyway? You'd be surprised how often it may work. I just faced a guy in GA who had JKR, DR and the same amount of g12 toons as I have. I have neither Revan, nor do I have Traya or any g12+ gear except on my Thrawn. I still managed to win by having a better strategy and being more efficient with my attacks. Just because you don't have these shiny toys doesn't mean you can't win. You will sometimes lose as well, obviously, but you won't find out whether it's possible to win unless you try. As I said, I don't have the Revans and I don't have Traya, yet I win most of my GAs despite facing people who at least have one of them or sometimes even all 3. We're all just humans and even people with super strong rosters make mistakes. And if you are at a roster disadvantage, you need to take full advantage of your opponent's mistakes. I've almost lost a couple of games myself because I made some really stupid mistakes. That can happen to anyone. So just don't give up and give 100% every single time, even against the odds. There's no better feeling than winning against someone who seemed impossible to beat at first. And as an underdog you have nothing to lose anyway. Just my 2 cents.

    Paid for by the re-elect SWGOH as a Galactic Favorite O.o
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2860 posts Member
    edited May 18
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Re: GA matchmaking in Championships

    Mirror matches, if they match us with a similar developed player, high chance for mirror matches.
    Ehhh.. At the roster level? Probably not. At the squad level? Perhaps but that is always a possibility and so long as the rosters are reasonably well developed, most players should have the choice of mirror battles or using counter squads. I know which I'd go for.

    I'll just join and wait, let the AI put out my teams lol It's like having a butler. :)
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • After we select the offensive teams, please make another confirmation message to ask us to confirm the opponent teams. It's just frustrating to see I am going against the wrong team in the same zone
  • TRanger
    228 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Yeah.. We stay with GP matching.
    This means there want be any good lige system in ga championship.
    There is the business part. How do you incourage people to spend, if you match always the same class and don't give them a reason to upgrade more chars?
    Then the competitive part. When there are the same rewards for everyone at first place, no matter gp range.
    Obviously missing opportunities, for I don't know what reasons..

    You are misinformed, under the current system all upgrades only put you in a higher class of loss. Because as you gain GP you are matched higher discouraged spending and upgrades. The new system looks promising...as you spend and upgrade you will be consistently matched with similar players and you will start focusing more on strategy and how other toons could fit into your squads strength, maybe even try something different and break the current JKR meta, with out worry of another mismatch and stacking up more losses you had no chance against to began with. Someone with 1.5 m GP shouldn't be getting the same rewards as someone with 4-5m GP anyway, as there is more to work on and the matches are ever more difficult. Each level has it's challenges..but the 4-5 m GP level is really elite...you will find out soon enough as you reach this level. Best advice I can give take advantage of the lower level now and learn as much as you can...it will only benefit you when you get to that higher GP level.

    So thank you CG....I almost gave up hope!
  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    After we select the offensive teams, please make another confirmation message to ask us to confirm the opponent teams. It's just frustrating to see I am going against the wrong team in the same zone
    You select which defending team you want to fight before you select your team.
  • No_Try
    2429 posts Member
    Even with the upcoming system it looks like I will keep sandbagging like I did from the start of GA. Because I still have unshedable fluff in great amounts(1M+ GP), the upgrade will warrant I will not get matched with leans often anyway. Going back to g7-8 everything, upgrade as much as possible would hurt me.
  • It seems all you need to do to win is beat 1 squad.

    My opponents havent attempted an attack in either round for both my accounts

  • @CG_SBCrumb when GA locks, can we also have our opponents’ rosters lock as well? I’ve noticed on the last two GA that if I look at an opponent’s roster in my bracket when the GA starts, it can be different by the time I face them in the finals. I feel like what we are able to see in their roster should lock at the start of GA as well.
  • YetiYeti
    9 posts Member
    edited May 18
    The easiest fix for GP Bloat accounts would be to just cut off any Toon/Ship lower than 5k GP from counting.

  • Rath_Tarr
    1848 posts Member
    edited May 18
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    The easiest fix for GP Bloat accounts would be to just cut off any Toon/Ship lower than 5k GP from counting.
    5k GP is nothing for ships. I have a 2* lv 16 ship with a 5* lv 50 pilot that's over 6k.

    This is one of the problems with ships: the GP value of a ship is bloated by adding 1-1.5x the GP value of each crew member.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Xenno
    8 posts Member
    edited May 18
    You just need to make enough sacrifices to draw the attention of your own personal RNGesus (you know, someone that cares, someone that hear your prayers). [/quote]

    So thats what i have been doing wrong. Not worshipping at the poster of Princess Leia enough. Hope she does not think I am sexist for having her in that bikini on my wall.
  • I will never understand people who instantly give up if their opponent has something they don't. Why not just give it all you have and try anyway? You'd be surprised how often it may work. I just faced a guy in GA who had JKR, DR and the same amount of g12 toons as I have. I have neither Revan, nor do I have Traya or any g12+ gear except on my Thrawn. I still managed to win by having a better strategy and being more efficient with my attacks. Just because you don't have these shiny toys doesn't mean you can't win. You will sometimes lose as well, obviously, but you won't find out whether it's possible to win unless you try. As I said, I don't have the Revans and I don't have Traya, yet I win most of my GAs despite facing people who at least have one of them or sometimes even all 3. We're all just humans and even people with super strong rosters make mistakes. And if you are at a roster disadvantage, you need to take full advantage of your opponent's mistakes. I've almost lost a couple of games myself because I made some really stupid mistakes. That can happen to anyone. So just don't give up and give 100% every single time, even against the odds. There's no better feeling than winning against someone who seemed impossible to beat at first. And as an underdog you have nothing to lose anyway. Just my 2 cents.

    Your commitment is praiseworthy in not giving up but let's face it.
    I just went to the final 5x5 fight with two wins. My two opponents simply left in auto deploy most likely as a form of protest or not to waste time.

    My profile
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775338965/

    Follow the printout of the 54 strongest characters of my two opponents.
    jmv4v4xf23pt.jpeg
    ezrcsnvc5gmb.jpeg
    vi7jqkri679l.jpeg

    ufui9xdqnafx.jpeg
    lstcu67hqwz2.jpeg
    6m8d8d4gex6r.jpeg

    Although in this type of situation simply put a completely junk defense to save all the best teams for the attack in order to get some extra credit, I understand the attitude of them. I simply the two times I faced them I put 4 Geonosians plus the dookan, hidden behind the JKR I went to sleep carefree, since they had no means to overthrow half of my territory.

    The code needs to improve, I'm being benefited by highly-planned investment choices, and yet my habit of putting some 50 characters to serve as modifier chest has already brought me opponents who left several characters at level 1 and the amount of g12 at galactic power I suffered a massacre.
  • Your commitment is praiseworthy in not giving up but let's face it.
    I just went to the final 5x5 fight with two wins. My two opponents simply left in auto deploy most likely as a form of protest or not to waste time.

    My profile
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775338965/

    Follow the printout of the 54 strongest characters of my two opponents.
    d8sl6zqctawa.jpeg
    cgp1gtgilqri.jpeg
    bmtttlw91nsc.jpeg
    dfwep9qlgzsd.jpeg
    wx6skj715oe2.jpeg
    yglbdzp3yru1.jpeg

    Although in this type of situation simply put a completely junk defense to save all the best teams for the attack in order to get some extra credit, I understand the attitude of them. I simply the two times I faced them I put 4 Geonosians plus the dookan, hidden behind the JKR I went to sleep carefree, since they had no means to overthrow half of my territory.

    The code needs to improve, I'm being benefited by highly-planned investment choices and yet my habit of putting some 50 characters to serve as a modifier chest has already brought me opponents who left several characters at level 1 and the amount of g12 at galactic power I suffered a massacre.
  • I will continue to do nothing but punch the join button and collect last place rewards with my 4.5m gp... Sometimes 7th when another player who hates GA is in my draw. The mode will always suck for collectors and those who just wanted to have fun playing a Star Wars game with a moderate time and money investment instead of slaving over squad counter charts and configuring mod swap bots.
  • Dk_rek
    2486 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.
    Or start the GA tournament, I like that idea

    lol Daily GW takes longer than GA and I sim GW


    I DESPISE GRAND ARENA.... still happy with it running every day
    1a0hkd.jpg

    I'm confused... I said i hate GA.... negative... but I also said I have no problem with it running all the time.... I think that positive outweighs the negative IMO
Sign In or Register to comment.