GW is definitely broken. 7* level 72 opponents @lvl 40

I created a second account out of boredom and curiosity. This is what awaited me on node 3 (!!!) on my first GW run at level 40:

3sjnuyibftxb.jpg

Again, at level 40. My roster for comparison:

nv18zgjjycu5.jpg

This is the team I played on the first 2 nodes:

mz3khz39n3gl.jpg

A closer look at the opponent team on, and I can't stress this enough, node three. Their combined GP is 20k higher than that of my entire roster:

bjs8qji8ad75.jpg

This can't possibly be intended, and I know for a fact that it didn't used to be this way when my first account was in this level range. I'm well aware that it's supposed to be difficult and plain unwinnable at times, but this goes way beyond a tough challenge on nodes 6 and 9 followed by a "Not tonight, kid, keep working on your roster" on node 11. This is completely disproportional to my own strength at this point by any metric.

Replies

• Options
    You do know that Galactic War has nothing to do with Galactic Power despite the similar names right?
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Clarification: @CG_RyDiggs here:

Regarding Galactic War match making:
    • We're not yet currently using the new Power values for Galactic War matchmaking.
    • We've only changed the number displayed to players. We're still using the old system with the old values.
    • We'll let you know if/when we switch to using the new numbers for matchmaking.

"Insert cool kozispoon meme here"
    POWER CHANGES

Hiya! You peep that update? What's up with that? Well read on, dear reader, read on!

The Power rating has long been a prominent display of a unit's general effectiveness. Though this rating is intended to be a useful way to quickly identify how strong a unit is, it has become less and less effective for this purpose over time. This is primarily due to the formula being based entirely on the raw base stats of the unit, which doesn't account for its utility, ability levels, or synergies. Furthermore, higher gear tiers that have been added since launch, as well as the existence of mods, have resulted in large gaps in Power rating even between units that are similarly effective in combat, simply due to the way that certain stats are weighted relative to others in the formula.

In the interest of making the Power formula more reliable as a reference point for a unit/ship's effectiveness, we’ve modified the formula to recognize every upgrade made to a unit. Here are some of the changes coming:

Power now includes every form of unit upgrade including:
    • Characters: Level, Gear pieces, Mod tier and upgrades, Ability upgrades, and Star rating
    • Ships: Level, Ability upgrades, Crew Power, and Star Rating (which acts as a multiplier on Crew Power, just like it does for stats)
    The value of any one of these upgrades will be the same for all units (e.g., raising a unit to level 85 will be worth the same amount of Power for all units.)
    Units earn power for every upgrade and earn more power from higher tier upgrades. e.g.:
    • Upgrading from Level 40->41 is less valuable than Level 80->81
    • A tier X piece of gear is worth much more Power than a tier V piece of gear
    • A level 5 ability upgrade is worth less than a level 8 ability upgrade
    • One special case is that a Zeta ability upgrade at level 8 is worth much more than an Omega ability upgrade of the same level.

Due to the way the new Power formula scales, the Power ratings of your units will generally be as high or higher than the Power rating you saw before (with the exception of ships with very few upgrades on the crew or the ship itself, which will be noticeably lower until the crew has a few upgrades.) As a reminder, the Power stat is not used to drive any battle functionality whatsoever--it is purely intended to be a reference point--but we still feel these updates are important to help players better evaluate the improvements they're making to their units, and how effective their units are relative to potential opponents.

Galactic War is still scaling off the old Power Rating aka Stat Power. GP is just a visual e-p**** contest.
  • Options
    To reiterate:
    This is completely disproportional to my own strength at this point by any metric.

• Options
    Health and protection bars (or lack thereof, in my case) make for an interesting visual metric too.

mcg9b2lcbbk6.jpg
    Gained one level by finishing my dailies before I sent my A team in. Jedi with Chopper as Ezra's personal buff machine. They lasted less than a second.

i8vlmcuv3bpu.jpg
    Mixed rebels and scoundrels went next. I wasn't fast enough hitting Print Screen. Leia and Chewie are already gone. But I put the tiniest dent in Kylo's protection bar, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

smnlxedgcm90.jpg
    Fractions of a second away from a complete wipe-out.

4a7dvf1is404.jpg
    Down to the last toons. But hey, I earned 100 GW tokens! This way, I'll only need 54 days to unlock Zeb. Assuming I get lucky and never encounter such a team on node 1 or 2.
  • Options
    Could it be that GW difficulty is partially based on characters borrowed from allies in recent Cantina or LS / DS battles? Because I allied my two accounts. Maybe that's why I was facing opponents that I would expect to see on my level 74 main at level 40. Tonight, I deleted my main from my ally list and made a full GW run without any high level surprises.
  • Options
    This would also explain why people encounter this phenomenon at different points as they level up. Maybe they've allied people back in the day who leveled up faster than they did. At some point, they borrow a character from these allies and bam, their next GW run is borked. I'm sure it's no coincidence that my main and yesterday's node 3 team are in the same level range.
  • Options
    GP may not be the right metric, but none of these teams that are showing up almost twice your actual GP could in ANY way under ANY metric be considered fair contests. Unfortunately it is all we have.
  • Options
    vm4uhl5ripob.png

smgdrz0mr3sh.png

Node 1. Again.
  • Options
    We just have to wait for the power to cap when we reach the level 85 and to have multiple teams to beat this crap. Don’t have any AoE team at the moment.