give us something to do already....

Denzello
27 posts Member
edited November 2018
first of all, Id like to say this is a great game and a great piece of work in the app gaming world, very well thought over and coded. keep it up!

NOW, I understand that there are people who play SWGOH occasionally and enjoy it the way it is, login twice a day, finish their missions and whatnot and thats it after ~30min...which is fine for them, but dear Devs, what about the hardcore grinders who want to keep on playing for 2-3-4-5 hours straight?? why is there no mode for us too? its extremly frustrating not being able to work on your progress and being limited to just the daily stuff, because everything is on a timer.
also, me myself and alot of my buddies would be eger to spend even more money if only it would keep us busy, instead we have to invest cash to games like star trek timeline and such, which is nowhere near as good as SWGOH, but at least it keeps you grinding.
Again, Im not bashing, just trying to understand the idea behind not having a neverending gamemode to grind with your collected chars.
Even if the reward would be very minimal and non-impacting the overall structure itself and not disadvantage the casual players, but man...at least give us something...you guys have such a great product, why not implement something for addicted folks like me? ;p

a suggestion maybe ( I mentioned it in another thread before):
the star wars planets...have a grinding mode that makes players reach different star wars planets...for minimal xp and/or mats/shipment tokens/etc as reward...given it wouldnt impact the economical structure.

but yes, this is just a suggestion to keep the more achiever type of players busy and not make us switch to other apps and spend our money there.
thx for reading.

Replies

• Options
    just in case there will be new players reading this via google search.....as of right now, it doesnt look like there will be anything implemented in the near future to keep you busy for more than 1h a day once you reached higher tiers....if youre a whale like me who wants to spend hundreds of $ a month....dont do it, theres just nothing to fight (show off) vs others, only those 5 arena/fleet games a day and 3 second guild event activities.
    which is really sad, you guys have such a great game and dont put in more gamemodes for people (PVPers like me) to grind or spend time with whenever they want to...gonna take my money to another game and just log in for the daily quests.
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • Options
    There’s plenty to spend your cash on and farm looking at the swgoh posted you have a load to farm if you want
    I’ve been playing about 3 years and still have TOO MUCH to farm. With regards to timer you need a little patience and to focus on specific toons factions to build up then prioritise appropriately
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    There’s plenty to spend your cash on and farm looking at the swgoh posted you have a load to farm if you want
    I’ve been playing about 3 years and still have TOO MUCH to farm. With regards to timer you need a little patience and to focus on specific toons factions to build up then prioritise appropriately

Here’s my account before you say I’m new to the game 😛https://swgoh.gg/p/843751146/characters/
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Denzello Not much apparently. Hundreds of dollars a month and that's where you're at? I'm assuming this is month #1 of that plan.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Not much apparently. Hundreds of dollars a month and that's where you're at? I'm assuming this is month #1 of that plan.[/

I’m pretty much f2p just a cheeky crystal pack occasionally if your referring to me? I really enjoy game and am in great guild looking to fill last few slots to farm traya
  • Options
    No. The OP and the subsequent link to his profile. Not you @Richfxxx
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Denzello Not much apparently. Hundreds of dollars a month and that's where you're at? I'm assuming this is month #1 of that plan.

yeah basically, its ok tho, I gave up on "complaning" and grind it as F2P now (daily quests/raids), I dont see any reason to spend any more as of right now, or until EA gives you a gamemode to grind and/or play with your collected toons whenever you want and NOT pay for this privilidge (arena). call it beginners naive'ness or w/e...not like this is the only gaming app out there.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Basically asking for a mode because of lack of patience. This game is a marathon. Patience is the key. If you don't have that and want a mode to get everything now, perhaps move on

Its not lack of patience, I don't mind spending either, but is it that hard to code a gamemode that keeps you busy playing whenever you log in (PVP especially)? I dont want "everything now" either, its just that I like to play and I like to compete with what I have at any given time I log in a game....is it really that much of an asking? even if theres no rewards, no gain or advantage over the casual player...Rhunne you know exactly what I mean....anyway, as mentioned before I will give in and not spend any more cash, playing it like marathon.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Denzello wrote: »
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Basically asking for a mode because of lack of patience. This game is a marathon. Patience is the key. If you don't have that and want a mode to get everything now, perhaps move on

Its not lack of patience, I don't mind spending either, but is it that hard to code a gamemode that keeps you busy playing whenever you log in (PVP especially)? I dont want "everything now" either, its just that I like to play and I like to compete with what I have at any given time I log in a game....is it really that much of an asking? even if theres no rewards, no gain or advantage over the casual player...Rhunne you know exactly what I mean....anyway, as mentioned before I will give in and not spend any more cash, playing it like marathon.

It's not about whether it's hard. A lot of the feedback people post on this game is that it keeps becoming more and more of a time sink. Adding something like what you're asking for would greatly exacerbate that if the rewards were relevant, and if they weren't then people would complain about that instead ("how do you expect people to put all this time into this for such crummy rewards?!").
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    It's not about whether it's hard. A lot of the feedback people post on this game is that it keeps becoming more and more of a time sink. Adding something like what you're asking for would greatly exacerbate that if the rewards were relevant, and if they weren't then people would complain about that instead ("how do you expect people to put all this time into this for such crummy rewards?!").

well, I dont see how 1-2h a day is a time sink (for newer players at least), maybe above poster mentioned people play other games and dont like repetetive nature of doing the dailys/raids that theyve been grinding for 2-3 years, when infact they rather would like to play other console/PC games instead and not having to deal with the app. I get get that point tho, most of you lvl 85s are decked out and have everything etc etc, it can be a time sink indeed if you have to "waste" time for minor rewards.

again, all Im asking for is simply a mode where I can log in a couple times a day, play during my off time for 15-30 min or w/e and just enjoy pvp battles with my collected toons, w/o having to pay hundreds of crystals...Im just giving you the opinion of a new Player who is only playing for 6-7weeks as of now.
    the how and what regarding the reward system is a rather minor issue imo, Im sure the devs are smart enough to figure something out.
  • Options
    I would prefer some sort of punching bag that I could try out different teams on. One than can never die and maybe a leader board so people can show off. Minimal rewards given in ratio to how much damage you do. Bronzium pack lvl reward, maybe a small chance of 50 energy or something. Many hours of fun for all.

Raids are great but we clear them all so fast, and then then wait to build tokens for days. And you really can't bring an untested or under construction teams to a raid. If it's herioc they are one shot, if it's not they are a wasted attempt. The GW is not the same as you kill them too quickly to try out different comps. Plus things like dot teams don't really work in 5v5, as burst damage is always better in those situations.