Arena Payout Times Visible For All Players

Prev13
Strubz
429 posts Member
edited November 2018
With the arena payout time change tokens coming out this quarter, a huge improvement would be the ability to see when other players have their payout times. Adding this to the Arena Leader-board or when you click on another player to view their Arena squad would be an amazing addition.

My shard chat has spent the past year gathering what time people have their payouts because that isn't shown in the Arena Rankings or player information when viewing other players. That is going to be much harder to track now that people can change their payout times.

@CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

Are there any plans to allow us to see when other players have their payout times for arena?

EDIT:

Feel free anyone to chip in with your opinions, I find it interesting to see what people think. I would lean more towards allowing players to opt-in on whether or not they want to display their payout times.
Post edited by Strubz on

Replies

• Options
    To what effect? Wouldn't that be EA/CG aiding and abetting the so-called "cheaters" on shard chats?
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    To what effect? Wouldn't that be EA/CG aiding and abetting the so-called "cheaters" on shard chats?

Our shard chat is for courtesy to help avoid hitting others right before their payouts and more so to bring other players together in discussion and to help theory craft teams. I understand there are some shard chats to simply stop anyone else from climbing to the 1 spot but showing players arena payout time is not going to stop those shard chats from doing what they are doing.
  • Options
    Strubz wrote: »

Our shard chat is for courtesy to help avoid hitting others right before their payouts and more so to bring other players together in discussion and to help theory craft teams. I understand there are some shard chats to simply stop anyone else from climbing to the 1 spot but showing players arena payout time is not going to stop those shard chats from doing what they are doing.

Of course not. But to those who dislike them (especially those that do the latter), there's no upside, only EA/CG giving tacit approval.
    The shard chats will do what the shard chats will do, but I don't see EA/CG helping that happen.

FYI - I'm only at rank 200 and not in the shard chat.
  • Options
    It also helps non-shard chat players as well. With the addition of in-game messaging, EA/CG has given us the means to communicate with other players we battle in arena.

Not to over-complicate things but what if you were given the option to opt-in to displaying your payout time? Do you think that would be better or worse? @Dralkyr
  • Options
    Can we just remove the challenge of fighting battles and give away rewards?
  • Options
    It also helps non-shard chat players as well. With the addition of in-game messaging, EA/CG has given us the means to communicate with other players we battle in arena.

Not to over-complicate things but what if you were given the option to opt-in to displaying your payout time? Do you think that would be better or worse? @Dralkyr

I have no skin in the game for the shard chat things, I just see the chatter. As such, I don't feel in a position to say.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Can we just remove the challenge of fighting battles and give away rewards?

Like I said before, the chat update has already given people the means to communicate. You can already view another players arena team and mods and what abilities they have maxed. Third party sites condoned by EA/CG allow players to display their entire roster to the public. Displaying your payout time isn't suddenly going to break the game.
  • Options
    It hasn't already been made easy enough for people to collude? I think they should get crystals out of the arena rewards. It's ridiculous that several people can all get the #1 payout in an arena shard on the same day. The whole arena set-up just allows the top 20 players in each arena shard to keep a chokehold on those top 20 spots and creates a wider and wider disparity between them and the rest of the players.
  • Options

Since the majority of players are not in shard chats this feature would actually help all of us. The reason why this feature is not going to be considered by CG is that everything that helps us organize and be more efficient leads to less spending on crystals and therefore less money spent out of frustration
  • Options
    Member5973 wrote: »

Since the majority of players are not in shard chats this feature would actually help all of us. The reason why this feature is not going to be considered by CG is that everything that helps us organize and be more efficient leads to less spending on crystals and therefore less money spent out of frustration

Well they did give us direct chats in game so it is not far fetched to consider adding payout times. I sincerely doubt that people are going to spend any less crystals because they can see someone else's payout time. In fact, if they see people surrounding them with the same payout time, wouldn't that encourage more spending?
  • Options

Well they did give us direct chats in game so it is not far fetched to consider adding payout times. I sincerely doubt that people are going to spend any less crystals because they can see someone else's payout time. In fact, if they see people surrounding them with the same payout time, wouldn't that encourage more spending?

Not with the payout time change tokens.
  • Options

Not with the payout time change tokens.

What do you mean exactly? You can only switch twice a year. Wouldn't you want to know who your competition is going to be? Why keep that part difficult to discover? You can figure it out through other means but why the hassle? Why not make it transparent? If payout times were a complete secret and the teams you battle a secret and you were unable to talk to any other player in game then I would say it would be unusual to make arena payout times visible.

However this is not a game shrouded in secrecy. There are only two secrets right now. One is reinforcements for ship arena. Fine, it's a nice surprise. The second is who you face in TW but only during registration and then during setup you can't see other teams for very very obvious reasons.

Had CG not introduced or encouraged more communication between players then I would say fine, but there has been an effort on the part of CG to encourage communication and give more information. Why not allow for this very small tidbit of information to be available?
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, a while back one of the devs said they weren't going to do anything about the shard chats. With that, I really don't see why they wouldn't be open to adding the payout time.

You are 100% correct. Take shard chats out of the equation. This is useful information for everyone. It seems like a natural addition when letting us choose our payouts.
  • Options
    @Strubz “In fact, if they see people surrounding them with the same payout time, wouldn't that encourage more spending?”
    This is the question I referred to with the comment about payout tokens. So it encourages time changes not spending.
  • Options
    If I'm not mistaken, a while back one of the devs said they weren't going to do anything about the shard chats. With that, I really don't see why they wouldn't be open to adding the payout time.

You are 100% correct. Take shard chats out of the equation. This is useful information for everyone. It seems like a natural addition when letting us choose our payouts.

Youre missing a key point. With the PO time displayed, people would get better payouts, more crystals.
    Why would CG help you get more crystals? What would be the motivation? They get paid from the money you spend on this game.
  • Options
    @Strubz “In fact, if they see people surrounding them with the same payout time, wouldn't that encourage more spending?”
    This is the question I referred to with the comment about payout tokens. So it encourages time changes not spending.

You would be more likely to spend 50 crystals on an arena refresh to beat out people than you would to spend your very valuable time change token.

Also it could prevent a lot of rage when people switch their payout times. You switch your time only to discover later that a ton of other people also switched to that time. If you can see people's payouts, this cuts down on the excuses for people demanding a refund of their arena change token because they didn't know that 50 other people also switched to that payout time.

Youre missing a key point. With the PO time displayed, people would get better payouts, more crystals.
    Why would CG help you get more crystals? What would be the motivation? They get paid from the money you spend on this game.

There are only 24 hours in a day so 24 potential payout times with hundreds of people playing actively on any given arena shard. Switching payout time also changes your energy refreshes. You switch to a time that fewer people have, the trade off being you may miss energy refreshes and then have to spend crystals to get energy to hit your 600 anyways. You are kidding yourself if you think knowing everyone's payout time is going to somehow cut down on how much people spend.

Being transparent with everyone's arena payout time and giving the player the power to choose gives the player more responsibility for their payout times and less reason to complain.

• 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Don’t think it wouldn’t solve any problems payout time or not u have a certain position to take or maintain if a weaker fighter moves u down wouldn’t it make sense to get the easy win if u haven’t reached a point yet where u have faced every team and have strategies for each and teams to oppose them. But shard chat is more end game not early so these issues u don’t have to deal with.
  • Options
    Better yet just give rewards for the highest point reached in the day.
  • Options
    Hikari wrote: »
    Better yet just give rewards for the highest point reached in the day.
    This is the best answer for a fair arena fix... Just give all players the reward based on higgest point reached between 00:01 to 00:00 of their time frame so if someone can play in the morning he could, if someone can play in the evening he also could, etc.

Its far better than changing ur PO time, because bonus energy and shipment refreh is also related to PO... And a big change would mess ur account and gameplay a lot...

Would we get much more gems if they allow this? Most of the player base in 200+ wont see so much difference... Maybe they will get some more that will encourage them to climb more xD
    Top 20? Not so much, they are usually in a shard chat so gem incoming is under his control too... But it will make our game play much more fair and much easyest to coordinate real life and game xD
  • Options
    this would be a great addition, while climbing if you see someone with the same payout as you your going to avoid them so they dont hit you back, you are more likely to hit someone whos payout has been than hit someone with your same payout (unless in top 10 / 20 of course)
    they have already got the tools in place with swgoh.gg telling payouts also the addition of in game crap i mean chat to communicate about payout times (except fleet arena still) so i dont see why having PO-12:00UTC or something on a profile would be such an issue
  • Options
    Please post people's new arena times so we can make sure to fight them BEFORE other people get their payouts. I hate this new change - people can change their payout to a time that I don't know - Now we can't hit them and knock them out of the good ranks just before their payout.

Adding payout times to a public screen in game is a great idea - this will allow people to all collude and team up on someone to prevent that person from getting into the top 20 like we did before. We can not allow players to gain ground on us who control the shard and all of our competing players daily crystal income.
  • Options
    ^ this exactly. It also puts a target on you for people to attack you because your pay out is coming.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

You do realize that being on the shard chat, while helpful and creative, is in essence defeating the purpose of the arena and payout times.

You are meant to push to be the best and dominate the arena. Climb to #1 and brutally knock down those who cant hang on Defense against your superior squad.

Making it easier for shard chats to get around the need to always evolve the squads to make them strong enough to hold onto the top spot makes no financial sense.

They want to encourage you to spend money to get an advantage.... you using a chat tool and agreements to not hit each other is a great thing, but it goes against the idea of you needing to spend crystals on gear, gear upgrade salvage, and energy refreshes to hold that payout
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

They said they wouldnt or couldnt... that is not the same as saying they are for it and will code to help make it easier
  • Options
    Doesn’t matter if they couldn’t or wouldn’t, they shouldn’t because that would make sniping and griefing too easy. Too many trolls out there.
  • Options
    I still think the introduction of chat and now the ability to change payout times already demonstrates that CG wants to make arena a little easier on players. All the fears many have mentioned already exist. Displaying payout times isn't going to turn kind players into evil snipers and it's not going to convert the evil snipers into nice players. People are who they are.
  • Options
    You are asking EA/CG to implemented something that will make them give just more cx. 😂
    Of course, they prefer that you waste you battles in order to refresh and being kicked back just to give you less Chrystals.
    Thx for the laugh but you should know by now who is running this P2W game 😂🤣