DS Bastila? Come on already.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Clear issue I have....where is Carth?
    How is it we are getting a Dark Side Bastilla before Carth Onasi?
    1) Carth is the first companion you get on Taris
    2) Carth is a key character alongside Revan
    3) Carth is the pilot of the Ebon Hawk
    Just....seriously now....
    I would like to think that these guys (CG) are solid fans...but the character selection strikes me as wiki-warriors who once tried KOTOR out on a console at a Best Buy back in 2004.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Forumers: "We don't want more Hans and Chewies, give us new characters!"

CG: "Hey we're giving you guys a ton of new characters from a beloved segment of Star Wars lore"

Forumers: **** THESE CHARACTERS ARE CRAP WHY ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE

CG: Clone wars celebration!! Here’s some clone trooper helmets, a new clone war era ship, an under the taser GG reskin along with a TW clone wars spin.....

Forumers: oooohhhh we are finally gonna get some new clone war content, perhaps a GG rework that we have been BEGGING for, maybe even a new cap ship!

CG: **Poof** Here’s some old republic toons that we are gonna use to milk you guys like we did Revan....enjoy!

Forumers: what....? No clone wars stuff?
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

CG: "Hey we're giving you guys a ton of new characters from a beloved segment of Star Wars lore"

CG: Clone wars celebration!! Here’s some clone trooper helmets, a new clone war era ship, an under the taser GG reskin along with a TW clone wars spin.....

Forumers: oooohhhh we are finally gonna get some new clone war content, perhaps a GG rework that we have been BEGGING for, maybe even a new cap ship!

CG: **Poof** Here’s some old republic toons that we are gonna use to milk you guys like we did Revan....enjoy!

Us KOTOR fans agree that there should have been some prequel reworks. It's dumb that they didn't but you can bet they are waiting for the last season of clone wars to come out.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Us KOTOR fans agree that there should have been some prequel reworks. It's dumb that they didn't but you can bet they are waiting for the last season of clone wars to come out.

I was betting on them doing it now along with the anniversary, GG’s reskin, Anakin’s ship, the clone helmets and GG, GK, Anakin and Dooku being released in BF2....seems like a perfect time...kotor could have waited.
  • Options
    I'm a HUGE Clone Wars fan. My favorite part of Star Wars, easy. While I'm disappointed the Clone Wars faction pass was so abruptly cut short (at least we got helmets), I won't complain about more KOTOR toons. I haven't played any Old Republic games yet, so learning about these characters as they're released into the game is fun and exciting for me.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Should really stop complaining to cg and look to the those who are taking out their wallets for these kotor toons. Getting them to stop spending is the only thing that's gonna make cg change. KOTOR toons are obviously doing well for the business
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Joost wrote: »
    My brother already quit because of all the KOTOR stuff I might be next but I really don't want to. It is sad that the game has become KOTOR 3

Okay, I enjoy KOTOR the game. I really do, and I enjoy this game. I believe that the characters in SWGOH are pretty good, and are a good throwback for those, like myself, who enjoyed KOTOR. However, to quit because a specific few characters have been added is just, (not trying to be offensive I swear), but kind of pathetic. I never watched the Rebels series, but I never threatened to quit the game just because Thrawn was a game changing character (and to this day is arguably the best character in game). I understand that you may be upset with the new Metas being more KOTOR based for a while, however in a few months, it will likely change to Jedi Luke (when more OT characters get his hero's journey finished). Again, I mean no offense to you or your brother, and welcome any disagreement with me, but you have to understand that a group of characters added to the game that you may not know or like being added to the game should not result in you deleting the game. And if that is the case, you may want to consider playing a different game. Thank you for your time.

The problem is that these characters dominate every single part of the game. The fact that they are adding even more and DS this time means they are far from done. This has been going on since February and it won't stop soon I fear. If you didn't watch Rebels at least they where done releasing a very small amount of characters in 3 months.

The fact that Revan has been added before Jedi Luke and Lord Vader just blows my mind. And now in the month of "Clone Wars celebration" instead of new exiting Clone Wars content/characters (or a Separatist and Galactic Republic rework) we get more KOTOR and the next month will also be KOTOR and then we get another KOTOR legendary/heroes journey type character, it is just too much
  • Options

I think a 2nd bastila kinda falls in your "we don't want more Hans and Chewies" category, so your analogy fails.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Clear issue I have....where is Carth?
    How is it we are getting a Dark Side Bastilla before Carth Onasi?
    1) Carth is the first companion you get on Taris
    2) Carth is a key character alongside Revan
    3) Carth is the pilot of the Ebon Hawk
    Just....seriously now....
    I would like to think that these guys (CG) are solid fans...but the character selection strikes me as wiki-warriors who once tried KOTOR out on a console at a Best Buy back in 2004.

I'm gonna laugh if Carth or Atton are not in the pilots for the Ebon hawk when it comes out, lol. Or if there is 2 for both games, that T3 is somehow in the first and not the 2nd one, the one that couldn't be piloted without him :D
  • Options
    Why so impatient? Sounds like "my favorite char isnt getting update/release wawawaaaaa"

Same things happened when BHs and Solo scoundrels' month, and the same argument replayed again and again "xxx is so important and powerful in the SW universe why he's not getting a char blahblahblah"

Yes, you like prequel. Some others play scoundrels. Some gearing his Sith up. So do ppl like KOTOR.
    Let them have their day, because you will get yours, eventually.

We Tuskens dont even have a full team.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    RebelLion wrote: »
    I think they've already proven with this game that more doesn't equal better. They've been pumping way too many characters into the game, IMO.

There can never be enough characters added to the game...more is better... the problem is they Power creeped em too fast to cash in and now it probably takes them 6 months to make a character because that's how long it takes to write up the ability text....

Can't imagine the line at that one computer sometimes
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

I think people wanted more characters...I think we just did not want to jump from tusken raider to "takes reduced damage, taunts, revives after dying, calls whole team to assist while ignoring taunt a lot of these toons are just worthless now..

Poor ugnaught is having a bad day he just got out of jail, was in a bus that flipped over 17 times, he was shot at, the tusken raider won't give him his money but he has this cop friend lobot that's going to help him get his money back and make his day better
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, this thread was moved into the no one goes here section of the forum I see.

Was wondering where it went.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Any forum user that isn't using the "discussions" tab instead of clicking on subforums is doing it wrong =D
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Any forum user that isn't using the "discussions" tab instead of clicking on subforums is doing it wrong =D

540 posts later and now I find out this exists ;p
    Still, that's a bit clustered, lol
  • Options
    Have to disagree it's a big part of kotor and I love her kit. I can't wait to build that one out. If we get a Darkside (or gray) Revan she would be a very powerful ally.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    So what their focus is on Old Republic right now - personally I think its great!

They have already announced shifting focus back to OT toons, so maybe 3PO will come then if people want him so bad.

I like the addition of DS Bastilla - especially if that is a step toward a future Darth Revan!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Seku wrote: »
    Like seriously, what are we gonna get a Lightside and Darkside version of every kotor companion? Because in the game you can raise/lower the light/dark alignment of all your companions.

I'd say no, lol - it is their cannon appearance in game. Bastilla actually falls to the DS and is redeemed again.

If they dive further into KOTOR 2 characters - we may see a second version of Canderous as Mandalore, as well as a LS Darth Treya, aka Kreia.