DS Bastila? Come on already.

Prev1
Canderous and other KOTOR stuff we don't have is cool, but seriously a 2nd Bastila before we have the likes of 3p0, Jabba, Padme?

Give me a break. This game is jumping the shark.

Replies

• Options
    3po, jabba, padme, gg rework, mace rework, Snoke, Hondo.... hell, even Jarjar, lol.
  • Options
    My brother already quit because of all the KOTOR stuff I might be next but I really don't want to. It is sad that the game has become KOTOR 3
  • Options
    Joost wrote: »
    My brother already quit because of all the KOTOR stuff I might be next but I really don't want to. It is sad that the game has become KOTOR 3
    Kotor 3? Really? We have like 6 LS toons and 6 DS toons from that era while we are arround 30ish rebels and 20ish empire xD
  • Options

Honestly, I think CG/EA is just trying to figure out more ways to drain the whales. Disney is also "using" the game as basically it's own interactive infomercial, so don't be too surprised when another KOTOR iteration is announced (either a new game, movie or series). I have no "inside" info- just speculating based on the game's history.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Just think with power creep factored in, by the time we get Jabba he will likely have a unique that grants +500 speed.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Not happy about the Dark Side Bastila either.
  • Options

Okay, I enjoy KOTOR the game. I really do, and I enjoy this game. I believe that the characters in SWGOH are pretty good, and are a good throwback for those, like myself, who enjoyed KOTOR. However, to quit because a specific few characters have been added is just, (not trying to be offensive I swear), but kind of pathetic. I never watched the Rebels series, but I never threatened to quit the game just because Thrawn was a game changing character (and to this day is arguably the best character in game). I understand that you may be upset with the new Metas being more KOTOR based for a while, however in a few months, it will likely change to Jedi Luke (when more OT characters get his hero's journey finished). Again, I mean no offense to you or your brother, and welcome any disagreement with me, but you have to understand that a group of characters added to the game that you may not know or like being added to the game should not result in you deleting the game. And if that is the case, you may want to consider playing a different game. Thank you for your time.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE CHARACTER!!
    THANK YOU!

I was terrified that we might not get a sith Bastila. Maaan, shes smoking hot steamy sm like devil chick. **** ye, w000t!
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I personally dont mind, considering the lack of 'new characters' for the starwars universe. Doing the KOTOR for the year isn't bad really.

This year just seems like a big Jedi vs Sith. And seeing as december has SWTOR new story involving sith vs jedi as its focus. I think its gonna be a bigger focus till feb next year. (seeing as Darth Revan will be a thing and maybe even jedi knight Luke)
  • IceHawk_181
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dark Side Bastilla is a bit of a stretch....
    As someone who actually played the game (as I am nearly certain none of the game-changers or half the CS staff actually have) I would have gone with...
    Canderous (nice add...but Neutral)
    Calo Nord
    Davik
    Bendak Starkiller
    Saul Karath
    Darth Bandon
    Darth Malak
    And that is, randomly, before obvious choices like
    Carth Onasi
    Juhani (Neutral easy....)
    Vrook
    But what do I know...I actually knew the character names without having to look them up on the wiki.
  • Options
    Wooohooo love KOTOR
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, I think CG/EA is just trying to figure out more ways to drain the whales. Disney is also "using" the game as basically it's own interactive infomercial, so don't be too surprised when another KOTOR iteration is announced (either a new game, movie or series). I have no "inside" info- just speculating based on the game's history.

Well, they did a pull, the most popular result was Revan , and they capitalized on it.

@Roope_immortal you know about Darth Talon, right?
  • Options
    I am a bit confused now...
    Is this "Star Wars the Galaxy of Kotor?"
    .... and of course too many new characters and too fast news....
    (Before you say anything... 3,7 M GP here, playing from Nov 2015)
  • Options
    I think they've already proven with this game that more doesn't equal better. They've been pumping way too many characters into the game, IMO.
  • Options
    "Awesome. More Marquee events."

- No one ever

Seriously. I thought that they were going to lessen these things. What a waste
  • Options
    We clearly needed another Chewbacca.
  • Options
    No wonder they don't reply to anybody on the forums. Just negative posts all the time.

If you don't like the updates just stop playing it, simple.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    3po, jabba, padme, gg rework, mace rework, Snoke, Hondo.... hell, even Jarjar, lol.

Is it that you only like movie characters?
  • Options
    Riddy26 wrote: »
    No wonder they don't reply to anybody on the forums. Just negative posts all the time.

If you don't like the updates just stop playing it, simple.

People rarely give feedback about things they like, it's human nature. If your not getting feedback on something, assume people like it.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t really mind if there was absolutely nothing else in the game that they could work on. I don’t mind them adding a few KOTOR characters, especially the important, iconic ones like revan, bastilla, Sion, and nihilus. But when they take a bunch of bottom of the barrel characters (I played both games, but it honestly took me a minute to remember who zaalbar, mission, and canderous ordo were) and add them during not just any month, but the month for the clone wars, a very beloved yet underrepresented era in this game, and provide almost nothing for the clone wars itself, hurts. It hurts that so many people have been asking for just the slightest bit of attention to certain key points in the clone wars (honestly I think just a grievous, mace, and clones rework would do it for me) and we get every detail from KOTOR in with no mention of the clone wars. I understand why that guy quit. It’s not because he’s bummed about a character he doesn’t know about being meta, he’s bummed about the meta for the last year, and for the present, and for the foreseeable future being almost entirely devoted to characters from a very old, somewhat overrated game series that a small portion of this game’s fan base is fully engaged in. I like KOTOR, but I like other things far more. I didn’t care about Traya, and I don’t care enough about revan to be hyped about him, especially since he costs about the same as a game console or a phone. KOTOR hasn’t aged well, and it’s no longer canon. When I play a game, my hype and nostalgia wears off after about a decade. I don’t really see why people are so eager about KOTOR to be brought back from the dead when we have newer, better things that are being ignored.
  • Options
    Can't release all the stuff at once. I'm cool with DS Bastila since they have been focusing on old republic stuff for a while. All will be revealed in due time, Padme...etc.

It's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dark Side Bastilla is a bit of a stretch....
    As someone who actually played the game (as I am nearly certain none of the game-changers or half the CS staff actually have).

This in a nutshell, I mean look at what we have already.. and then instead of something new they gave us a re-skin of Bast. All of the gamechangers had never played Kotor 1 or 2 before and you can tell the people designing the characters in this game have never played it either considering the tags and names of abilities. They are doing this to milk whales, nothing else. Remember in the past they said that Kotor characters would only exist in this game if they were forced to add them for Revanue.

Kinda sucks really, I loved Kotor one and two and the characters are just being pulled out of a random "who can we make the most money off" hat. But oh well, not much we can do about it :)

Game won't ever die since its star wars.

Edit: considering the Clone wars stuff going on, I really expected the clones/mace/GG/seps to get some love before kotor continued.
  • Options
    Id prefer them to jump around the star wars universe and release characters from different series in dribs and drabs. This would drip feed a wider fanbase rather than saturate one and deprive the rest.

But anyway, let em finish off this kotor train and hopefully we'll get something else soon. :)
  • Options
    Clone Wars the TV show is starting up again, as well as 2 more live-action series. I can see more clone wars content with the clone wars tv show rolling out.
  • Options
    Basically there’s no point in investing gear or resources in anything that hasn’t been released since the STR came out.

I love KOTOR but older toons need reworks. Been playing since launch, have Revan, and find myself losing interest lately, especially if they rush Darth Revan to the game before fixing things that need to be addressed.
  • Options
    I like KOTOR but it feels like its been KOTOR all year. Of course we got Bounty Hunters and Chewbacca but they never really got any use beyond Boskk as a TW team and kind of fade from memory. Kotor Sith were meta from February. Now Revan and friends (Bastilla and Jolee) are meta. Mission and BigZ you also see often in TW teams. Now we get more likely leading to Darth Revan.

I think maybe we made too many Galaxy of Rebels jokes last year :)
  • Options
    Forumers: "We don't want more Hans and Chewies, give us new characters!"

CG: "Hey we're giving you guys a ton of new characters from a beloved segment of Star Wars lore"

Forumers: **** THESE CHARACTERS ARE CRAP WHY ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Well, they did a pull, the most popular result was Revan , and they capitalized on it.

@Roope_immortal you know about Darth Talon, right?

Not yet, but sure seems to fit my taste. Thank you for the recommendation.
  • Options
    Like seriously, what are we gonna get a Lightside and Darkside version of every kotor companion? Because in the game you can raise/lower the light/dark alignment of all your companions.