Kit Reveal: Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Replies

  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

    You should make that at the start of each of her turns or something. 1 turn of foresight on two characters is the most lackluster zeta in the game.

    Uh, the stacking offense with shock and the 50% defense/tenacity boost from the ally spot isnt lackluster. That's like calling ep's zeta lackluster while only citing the 20% health gain by sith allies, and not mentioning anything else about the zeta.

    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

    You should make that at the start of each of her turns or something. 1 turn of foresight on two characters is the most lackluster zeta in the game.

    Uh, the stacking offense with shock and the 50% defense/tenacity boost from the ally spot isnt lackluster. That's like calling ep's zeta lackluster while only citing the 20% health gain by sith allies, and not mentioning anything else about the zeta.

    It appears the zeta only adds the foresight. You get the rest with regular ability mats.

    Yeah, the ability as a whole is amazing. But the zeta only adds 1 turn of foresight at the start of battle. That is very lack luster indeed. Unless there is some unforseen sith leader that is coming out (darth revan or malak) that has "when this character looses foresight, kill the enemy team" or something along those lines, the zeta is next to worthless. It'd be a better omega ability than zeta.
  • I think she sucks... especially against top revan squads. Doesnt help traya lead at all
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

    You should make that at the start of each of her turns or something. 1 turn of foresight on two characters is the most lackluster zeta in the game.

    K2SO would like a word.

    his zeta actually works pretty well. That 1% max protection adds up and with t3-m4 or under a zeta jyn erso lead he can restore protection and become beefier over time as he gets hit. The stormtrooper zeta and gar saxon zetas are arguably worse than k2-s0's zeta.

    but spending 20 zeta shards, 30 mk 3, 13 omegas for 2 characters to get foresight at the start of battle is dumb, because you are saving them from one blow each, and there are quite a few characters that have unavoidable attacks that are in the meta.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    You can be light or dark in kotor1 too, but you cant play Bastila, she falls to the dark side no matter your choices. Thats canon.
    However, your choices can make a difference in what happens to her afterwards.
    Either bring her back the light as a savior..
    Or make her your sith apprentice and rule the galaxy together!

    I'm glad that came through! That's exactly the experience I tried to capture with her Sith Apprentice ability. By the way, I'm Sven - I joined CG as a game designer a few months ago, so you'll be seeing more of me in the future.

    Glad to have you with us. Can you explain how her 2nd unique's zeta text is worth it? I currently have a list of my next 15 zetas planned out, and I don't see a need to put this zeta on that list at all.
    Then don't

    Not every toon has a zeta that's worth using. Depends on your individual needs. Others might find this zeta worthy and other won't (like you). If you think starting a battle with foresight is not worth the zeta then you don't have to use a zeta on her.

    Who knows, you might see the value in her zeta later on when Darth Revan or Darth Malak is released or some other Sith leader.

    Oh, I agree. I'm not saying that I would bother with puting a zeta on her at this point. I'm just saying that if they intended for this ability to be worthy of a zeta, they should put as much effort into it as other characters. I bet you are right, there is some untold synergy with the sith leader they are going to release in Feb.
  • Your post is probably going to get moved to the bastilla kit reveal, but there I've already said the same thing. The only thing that we can think of is that there is probably a hidden power to the zeta that will come about when they reveal the next character that these new kotor toons will be used to unlock. (I'm expecting malak this time)

    maybe it will be something "when this character looses foresight, immediately gain it for 1 turn." Then the zeta would be useful. If that doesn't happen, then I agree, the zeta is the worst zeta in the game and you would be better off investing the zeta shards elsewhere.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Your post is probably going to get moved to the bastilla kit reveal, but there I've already said the same thing. The only thing that we can think of is that there is probably a hidden power to the zeta that will come about when they reveal the next character that these new kotor toons will be used to unlock. (I'm expecting malak this time)

    maybe it will be something "when this character looses foresight, immediately gain it for 1 turn." Then the zeta would be useful. If that doesn't happen, then I agree, the zeta is the worst zeta in the game and you would be better off investing the zeta shards elsewhere.

    When you lose foresight, you regain it immediately? That means, unless someone attacks you with multiple hits in the same turn/uses unavoidable attacks, they will always miss you? Way too OP...
    Maybe a bonus when you have foresight, like Bodhi giving bonus offense when you have defense up (or is it the other way around? Who cares), but not that.
  • What? The foresight is blatantly designed to counter Jedi Revan targeting Traya each time...
  • Right... Because they released Candarous without any zetas, and nobody complained at all. Or say he was worthless before testing him. Or already decided he was the next money grab because he's needed for the next Hero's Journey, when the last one was less then a month ago...
  • Particularly if going up against teams that either cleanse or open with an AoE. Seems extremely weak for a "new kit" zeta.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Right... Because they released Candarous without any zetas, and nobody complained at all. Or say he was worthless before testing him. Or already decided he was the next money grab because he's needed for the next Hero's Journey, when the last one was less then a month ago...

    Not sure where you got that info. Looks like he has a Zeta to me: https://swgoh.gg/characters/canderous-ordo/
  • Correction: my Ranks (top 50) is no longer dominated by emperor, but some new guy named Revan.
  • guys, we have already seen the sith dominate the meta for 3/4 of 2018. I don't really think more sith now is even necessary
  • Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Truth. I am fighting for my life still stubbornly running an EP lead picking off NS when I can and surrounded by Revan and Traya. Just wait.

    Somebody in my shard is ranked I think 15 using a Zaul team. Every other team around him is Revan or Traya.
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Right... Because they released Candarous without any zetas, and nobody complained at all. Or say he was worthless before testing him. Or already decided he was the next money grab because he's needed for the next Hero's Journey, when the last one was less then a month ago...

    Not sure where you got that info. Looks like he has a Zeta to me: https://swgoh.gg/characters/canderous-ordo/

    Folks don't think he has one because CG left it out of the kit reveal.

    Bastilla has:

    Unique 2: SITH APPRENTICE
    Final Text: (ZETA) ...

    Canderous has:

    Unique 2: I LIKE A CHALLENGE
    Final Text: ...

    No mention that it has a zeta upgrade.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Your post is probably going to get moved to the bastilla kit reveal, but there I've already said the same thing. The only thing that we can think of is that there is probably a hidden power to the zeta that will come about when they reveal the next character that these new kotor toons will be used to unlock. (I'm expecting malak this time)

    maybe it will be something "when this character looses foresight, immediately gain it for 1 turn." Then the zeta would be useful. If that doesn't happen, then I agree, the zeta is the worst zeta in the game and you would be better off investing the zeta shards elsewhere.

    When you lose foresight, you regain it immediately? That means, unless someone attacks you with multiple hits in the same turn/uses unavoidable attacks, they will always miss you? Way too OP...
    Maybe a bonus when you have foresight, like Bodhi giving bonus offense when you have defense up (or is it the other way around? Who cares), but not that.

    Oh, I was just exaggerating. Don't worry.
  • Can we assume we will get 3 more dark side old republic chars to be used to unlock Darth Revan or Malak?
  • Can we assume we will get 3 more dark side old republic chars to be used to unlock Darth Revan or Malak?

    2-3 is a good assumption tbh.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    When will these characters be farmable?

    You can see the typical marquee release schedule (of previous marquees) and expectations (based on previous releases) at https://swgohevents.com/marquee

  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Can we assume we will get 3 more dark side old republic chars to be used to unlock Darth Revan or Malak?

    2-3 is a good assumption tbh.

    Right cause we have Bastila Fallen and Ordo, maybe HK could get reworked and maybe Revan will be required. I'm always down for new chars haha.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    442 posts EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    Can stun be resisted from Fear?
    Dev's @CG_SBCrumb @CG_SvenGG would have to clear up any confusion but if you look at the way t1 of the ability is worded compared to t2-t8

    t1 gives only one debuff when stun expires and ability states "This effect can't be resisted"
    T2 and higher gives multiple debuffs when stun expires and ability states "These effects can't be resisted"

    So most likely they intend only the effects applied after the stun goes away can't be resisted.
    Yes, the stun is resistable
    Is her primary ability for potency or crit chance? At level 1 it says +3% potency, at level 2, the +3% potency is removed and it says crit chance instead.... ap4iz4337gk2.jpg
    The Basic uses critical chance. We have the bug fix ready for the next scheduled update that to change the base description (all others and upgrades should be correct)
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Right... Because they released Candarous without any zetas, and nobody complained at all. Or say he was worthless before testing him. Or already decided he was the next money grab because he's needed for the next Hero's Journey, when the last one was less then a month ago...

    Not sure where you got that info. Looks like he has a Zeta to me: https://swgoh.gg/characters/canderous-ordo/

    Folks don't think he has one because CG left it out of the kit reveal.

    Bastilla has:

    Unique 2: SITH APPRENTICE
    Final Text: (ZETA) ...

    Canderous has:

    Unique 2: I LIKE A CHALLENGE
    Final Text: ...

    No mention that it has a zeta upgrade.
    Our original post was incorrect, I've updated the text to reflect he has a Zeta on his 2nd Unique
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Try worse than CW Chewie, at least Stormtrooper's has an outside chance of being useful with the expose on miss or noncrit hits.

    CWC zeta is OP. I have mountains of evidence.
  • So I just played her event and actually looked at her kit. How is Corrupted Battle Meditation not completely overpowered and game breaking?

    Arena meta is awesome right now with so many different teams. That one ability destroys everyone but Jedi and Sith viability.

    By itself its an awesome ability. Why would you double it against non-Sith and non-Jedi? Gg arena diversity.
  • Vendi1983
    3325 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @VonZant exactly my concern. As someone who doesn't want to run stale Sith or gimmicky Jedi teams this just seems punitive for no reason other than to specifically counter plug-and-play characters like Nest and Thrawn.
  • Yeah. Its always possible I am overreacting, but I don't think so. Why would they purposefully nerf 2/3rds + of possible arena squads with one ability?

    Really, this is a bad idea and I hope they reconsider.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah. Its always possible I am overreacting, but I don't think so. Why would they purposefully nerf 2/3rds + of possible arena squads with one ability?

    Really, this is a bad idea and I hope they reconsider.

    Just add CLS and he'll fix your problems. He doesn't even need to be a leader. If you are having issues with sith/jedi teams after she becomes integrated into the meta somehow.
  • mesa176750
    412 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah. Its always possible I am overreacting, but I don't think so. Why would they purposefully nerf 2/3rds + of possible arena squads with one ability?

    Really, this is a bad idea and I hope they reconsider.

    Just add CLS and he'll fix your problems. He doesn't even need to be a leader. If you are having issues with sith/jedi teams after she becomes integrated into the meta somehow.
    Luke's "It Binds All Things" final zeta text:

    "Luke has +40% Potency. Whenever Luke Resists a detrimental effect he recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection. Whenever Luke inflicts a debuff he gains 10% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount."
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah. Its always possible I am overreacting, but I don't think so. Why would they purposefully nerf 2/3rds + of possible arena squads with one ability?

    Really, this is a bad idea and I hope they reconsider.

    Just add CLS and he'll fix your problems. He doesn't even need to be a leader. If you are having issues with sith/jedi teams after she becomes integrated into the meta somehow.

    Auto cleanse from gk and l3 will be very helpful. L3 keeps scoundrels from feeling it.
  • Where is JUHANI and why is this game discriminating against the Cathar race?
Sign In or Register to comment.