Credit mega pack worth it?

2Next

Replies

• scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    The packs are overpriced on credits, however if you want to train or promote and not wait it is worth it. You need to ask yourself is that 595 crystals spent worth saving a day or two wait?

I just bought one because I am finishing my c/d team of Nightsisters Talia and Acolyte are only 60 and Initiate only 65 I wanted to get Talia to 65 and Initiate to 70 at reset to knock that out, so it was worth it. I basically spent my prize for #1.

The other thing is I'm goping to have Ren, HK, and 88 all needing 7* in the next day or 2 so I see more buying. 5's is a few days away.

Just need to weigh cost vs wait. If the cost is worth shaving the wait, yes, if not, no.

Well said! Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    GizOne wrote: »
    if I bought the pack before there was a big chance it'd turn out to be 1M or 1.5M

now if I buy the pack for the same amount of crystals, you usually just get the 525,000 credits, once in a while one of those little packs out of the 8 will give you a multiplier

@cosmicturtle333 you know what I want. *pika pika*

That's not confirmational bias. They did nerf the 3X chance of extra credits.

Nerfachu then
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    No, they are not.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    No its not since it was nerfed, used to easily pull 1 -1.5 million from them now it goes off single packs of 60k credits so your lucky to get 600k on a good day.

The chance of getting the multiplier didn't change when it was broken into 8 separate data cards. While you could get lucky and pull a 1.5 million mega pack previously, the 8 individual cards will end up giving you approximately the same amount of credits in the long run.

I have actually experienced better payouts since the 8x card split. I only got one 1.5 million credit pack before the split after purchasing dozens of credit packs.

really? you had crap luck then. I'd get 1M or 1.5M 2 or 3 out of 10 times

they obviously changed it for a reason, and like all other changes they change in their favor so players get less, if they didnt want to nerf it they wouldnt of changed it, so clearly it was a nerf

when they changed to the 8x the amount of credits I was getting went down an insane amount, to the point where I dont even bother buying them anymore. They nerfed it cause they thought it was paying out too hard, but you know what I bet a lot more people were dropping the crystals before, now with the 8x joke packs im sure a lot less people are spending the crystals, I know im not, prime example of greed backfiring on them

Yeah this i have spent over 3 grand on the game lol trust me it was nerfed Hardcore. Normally always pulled 1 million - 1.5 million. Now lucky to grab more than 600k from it but eh stopped me buying so.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    credit pack is a bad deal. Only do it if you just have to have it right that second and aren't willing to click through a few more cantina missions.
  • Options
    If you really need the credits to stay competitive in the arena, then go for it as it will allow you to get the higher rank that yields more crystals (a return on your investment).

If you're buying it simply to level up additional characters for the Galactic Wars, then it varies on the individual and how many crystals you're getting daily from arena / dailies or how much money you're willing to spend on crystals.

I personally use 200 crystals daily to refresh the cantina once and my energy twice. Otherwise anything gained from the arena / dailies builds up as I refuse to buy chromium packs.