Credit mega pack worth it?

Prev1
I need the credits and was wondering if anyone thought that it was worth it

Replies

• Options
    I've done it a few times I think it's worth it if you're stuck. But you can make a million in a few days if you're patient.
  • Options
    No its not since it was nerfed, used to easily pull 1 -1.5 million from them now it goes off single packs of 60k credits so your lucky to get 600k on a good day.
  • Options
    Hey welcome to the forum!

The credit packs are great for when you feel you need an immediate cash injection, but if you can wait a while you can save up credits pretty easy. :)
  • Options
    No its not since it was nerfed, used to easily pull 1 -1.5 million from them now it goes off single packs of 60k credits so your lucky to get 600k on a good day.

I hate that nerf, one of the worst nerfs they've ever done. At least if they announced it was happening that would of been appreciated!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Typical mega pack composition is 1x each pack. That will give u 525k credits.
    BWKfgCx.png
  • Options
    I personally never got any multiplier the few times I bought the 8 packs. That was when I was starting out and have never bought again nor am I going to. I clear GW everyday and have a good roster so I'm able to manage resources just a little better than I used to.

My wife bought her 1st 2 8 packs today and got a 2x multipler on 1out of the 16 packs. She's really getting skewered in GW so she went ahead and bought them. Only top 5 toons maxed so having a hard time getting her roster upto speed.

So are they worth it? Depends on how bad you need them.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    500 gems isn't worth it when you can refresh cantina twice for 200 gems less farm a character and if you're in doing the ones for 5,000 per match getting 3* training droids. Can basically pull 10 shards a day like this. Plus it's about 150k credits
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    500 gems isn't worth it when you can refresh cantina twice for 200 gems less farm a character and if you're in doing the ones for 5,000 per match getting 3* training droids. Can basically pull 10 shards a day like this. Plus it's about 150k credits

Isn't 2 cantina refreshes 300 gems? Mine goes 100, 200 then presumably 400
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options

The chance of getting the multiplier didn't change when it was broken into 8 separate data cards. While you could get lucky and pull a 1.5 million mega pack previously, the 8 individual cards will end up giving you approximately the same amount of credits in the long run.

I have actually experienced better payouts since the 8x card split. I only got one 1.5 million credit pack before the split after purchasing dozens of credit packs.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Mega packs cost 595 gems.
    Refreshes cost 100, 200, 400.

What game are you people playing??
    >.<
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

The chance of getting the multiplier didn't change when it was broken into 8 separate data cards. While you could get lucky and pull a 1.5 million mega pack previously, the 8 individual cards will end up giving you approximately the same amount of credits in the long run.

I have actually experienced better payouts since the 8x card split. I only got one 1.5 million credit pack before the split after purchasing dozens of credit packs.

really? you had crap luck then. I'd get 1M or 1.5M 2 or 3 out of 10 times

they obviously changed it for a reason, and like all other changes they change in their favor so players get less, if they didnt want to nerf it they wouldnt of changed it, so clearly it was a nerf

when they changed to the 8x the amount of credits I was getting went down an insane amount, to the point where I dont even bother buying them anymore. They nerfed it cause they thought it was paying out too hard, but you know what I bet a lot more people were dropping the crystals before, now with the 8x joke packs im sure a lot less people are spending the crystals, I know im not, prime example of greed backfiring on them
  • Options
    Only in a pinch of you can't wait. Agreed that if you can clear gw for a few days it'll add up. Sometimes you gotta do it if getting that 7* helps a lot. I did it to get my qgj to 7* which helped me land first in arena that gave 500 gems.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Don't buy credits for crystals. It only encourages further nerfing of ways to get credits in the game.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Don't buy credits for crystals. It only encourages further nerfing of ways to get credits in the game.

Lol. Buy the credits if you need them. Some people disagree with buying credits but if you need them to develop your team do it. If you can wait and farm them do that instead.

@Qeltar - after reading lots of your posts you're usually more rational than advising someone not to. You usually offer a balanced and reasonable answer.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Even before this I advised most people against buying credits. You're trading premium currency for mundane currency, which is a waste unless you want to throw tons of money at the game.
    I do not think it is worth it for what they are charging, both from a practical and principle standpoint.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    They didn't change the amount of credits dealt in the credits pack. They just redistributed it so you'll get several small jackpots instead of a few big ones. This was in no way a nerf, unless you happen to count by the special arithmetics where 1x10 is greater than 2x5...
  • Options
    It does encourage nerfing though.

This is EA dude.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The credit events were deliberately made 5-6x worse than they were before, despite assurances they would be improved. This was done to encourage you to spend crystals on credits in the shop.
    Choose accordingly.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    They didn't change the amount of credits dealt in the credits pack. They just redistributed it so you'll get several small jackpots instead of a few big ones. This was in no way a nerf, unless you happen to count by the special arithmetics where 1x10 is greater than 2x5...

you are totally incorrect

if I bought the pack before there was a big chance it'd turn out to be 1M or 1.5M

now if I buy the pack for the same amount of crystals, you usually just get the 525,000 credits, once in a while one of those little packs out of the 8 will give you a multiplier, so if youre lucky you will get 600,000 crystals per pull, wow that is so much better than 1M or 1.5M for the same amount of crystals

like I said before, if they didnt want to nerf it, they would of left it just as it was, I bought MANY of the packs before the nerf, and a good amount after, until I realized I wasnt getting nearly the same amount of credits, to the point where it was so low I gave up on the credit packs entirely, that is an obvious nerf
  • Options
    Well my advice to the OP is buy if you need, want and can afford to and don't want to wait. I have put off buying any till now but will probably need to soon. Do what makes you happy
  • GizOne
    150 posts Member
    Options
    if I bought the pack before there was a big chance it'd turn out to be 1M or 1.5M

now if I buy the pack for the same amount of crystals, you usually just get the 525,000 credits, once in a while one of those little packs out of the 8 will give you a multiplier

@cosmicturtle333 you know what I want. *pika pika*
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

now if I buy the pack for the same amount of crystals, you usually just get the 525,000 credits, once in a while one of those little packs out of the 8 will give you a multiplier, so if youre lucky you will get 600,000 crystals per pull, wow that is so much better than 1M or 1.5M for the same amount of crystals

like I said before, if they didnt want to nerf it, they would of left it just as it was, I bought MANY of the packs before the nerf, and a good amount after, until I realized I wasnt getting nearly the same amount of credits, to the point where it was so low I gave up on the credit packs entirely, that is an obvious nerf

Bud, I bought my fair share of credit packs too before the change. The 1-1,5M didn't drop nearly that often. I think I've only pulled three or four 1,5M in total.

I actually prefer the new ones since you often enough end up with a little over 700K instead of 595.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Bud, I bought my fair share of credit packs too before the change. The 1-1,5M didn't drop nearly that often. I think I've only pulled three or four 1,5M in total.

I actually prefer the new ones since you often enough end up with a little over 700K instead of the old ~500K

• scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    "Worth it" as you can read above and all over means so much to different people.

Anything you spend crystals on you are simply paying for convenience of not waiting for it.
    So it has to be worth it to you to spend the crystals on something like credits.

I personally have no problem spending crystals on credit packs. I have only one time not received at least one multiplier, the last time I received 4.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I actually prefer the new ones since you often enough end up with a little over 700K instead of 595.

well then I must just be a lucky guy because I got them a lot more than you

i'd take 1M or 1.5M over 700K, majority of the time with the new credit pack I get the 525K and thats it, not a credit more

so maybe our luck has been reversed now lol
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Nope imo.
  • Options
    GizOne wrote: »

now if I buy the pack for the same amount of crystals, you usually just get the 525,000 credits, once in a while one of those little packs out of the 8 will give you a multiplier

@cosmicturtle333 you know what I want. *pika pika*

That's not confirmational bias. They did nerf the 3X chance of extra credits.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    It used to be decent before they nerfed it. Now it's crap compared to what it was before. You will get 525,00 85% of the time and maybe 60,000-120,000 extra the rest of the time. Rarely, very very rarely, you'll get close to 1 million.

If you really feel that you need the credits, it's better than the single credit pack purchase. You can make between 500,000 - 1 million per day if you complete GW and use crystals on energy refreshes (at least one for cantina).
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

really? you had crap luck then. I'd get 1M or 1.5M 2 or 3 out of 10 times

they obviously changed it for a reason, and like all other changes they change in their favor so players get less, if they didnt want to nerf it they wouldnt of changed it, so clearly it was a nerf

when they changed to the 8x the amount of credits I was getting went down an insane amount, to the point where I dont even bother buying them anymore. They nerfed it cause they thought it was paying out too hard, but you know what I bet a lot more people were dropping the crystals before, now with the 8x joke packs im sure a lot less people are spending the crystals, I know im not, prime example of greed backfiring on them

Or you had good luck. Basing the worth of this pack on individual experiences is not very accurate without a very large sample size.

Straight from @EA_Jesse's update notes:
    "We made a change to the Credit Mega-Pack to give players more opportunities for bonuses. The Credit data card provides 65,625 Credits with a possible 2x or 3x bonus. Previously the Mega-Pack simply multiplied this number by 8, hence 525,000 credits, with a possible 2x or 3x bonus on the 525,000. We modified the Mega-Pack to open 8 credit packs with the opportunity for the 2x or 3x bonus on each of them. This results in more opportunities for a bonus on top of the guaranteed 525,000 credits."

While it doesn't explicitly state that the drop rate remained the same it is implied. And while it's possible they stealth nerfed the credit rate drop packs my guess is you're just assuming the new rate is worse.

Also 2 or 3 times out of 10 is not a very high percentage... 2.5/10 or 25% drop rate is 2/8 average on the new 8x credit packs. I just bought 3 credit packs as a quick test and received the following:

0f96773cf671db0298272263f2373f2b.png
    1e10a7347f7221887268ec345d1dcd48.png
    4abafb6227ea93fe640c93174ad620e7.png

1/8, 1/8, 3/8 or 5/24 which is pretty close to your previously expected drop rate.

Personally I feel the drop rate is lower than 25%, probably around 1/8, but that's just my subjective experience.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    The packs are overpriced on credits, however if you want to train or promote and not wait it is worth it. You need to ask yourself is that 595 crystals spent worth saving a day or two wait?

I just bought one because I am finishing my c/d team of Nightsisters Talia and Acolyte are only 60 and Initiate only 65 I wanted to get Talia to 65 and Initiate to 70 at reset to knock that out, so it was worth it. I basically spent my prize for #1.

The other thing is I'm goping to have Ren, HK, and 88 all needing 7* in the next day or 2 so I see more buying. 5's is a few days away.

Just need to weigh cost vs wait. If the cost is worth shaving the wait, yes, if not, no.