Let me get this straight?

Replies

• Options
    I have revan and bought a vault to get him. I dont get the fuss of bastila shan fallen. All it does is help traya teams beat revan. Traya could already bear revan on offense. Other factions could too. I still drop with fully maxed revan jolee, occasionally to 30 or 40. The climb is easier. Revan also drops less than other teams.

All this means is i am hoarding now for revan 2.0

True. Whatever is going on may be very temporary anyway.
  • Options
    And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?

But how long did their metas last? And pretty sure I’ll complain whenever I please

Of course you will....in the absence of a legitimate point you will complain.

1. The Revan Meta is not over.
    2. BSF is not a direct Revan counter .
    3. Meta does not mean impenetrable defense or 100% win rate.
    4. CG always releases more powerful characters in the future.
    5. BSF is a non-farmable marquee

What was your point beyond whinning?

My main point is it’s a slap in the face of paying customers. I don’t know about everyone else, but I personally paid to be dominant and not to worry about a ftp character being able to diminish that dominance so that all the ftp “whiners” can have a chance.

Bsf is a direct counter to revan. Not sure what your talking about there.

Yes cg always releases more characters, that’s how the game moves forward. I’m not complaining about them releasing a powerful character, I’m saying they essentially neutered one that had about a two week run.

Yeah, revan is still an elite toon. A little less elite now though.

It matters not if she is farmable right now when you see video of teams that have her at 3*, teams that couldn’t beat a revan team before, start being able to take down fully geared/starred revan teams. She doesn’t have to be farmable if she’s viable at 3* g10.

If they were going to do that, they should’ve released revan the same way and made his skills/abilities just as potent at 3*.

So now, what again is your point? Since I’ve countered all your weak arguments.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I see so many ppl talk about g8 Bastila. Are we ALL short 1 stun gun? Lmao

Yes! Lol
  • Options
    Revan is still and will be meta for a while. It’s not RJT where she had a month and a half then Palpatine and Traya destroyed her. A rock paper scissors scenario is good because that means arena shard aren’t filled with Revan. If Fallen Bastila beat Revan on defense 75% of the time I could understand outrage but there is no need to.
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

Well, you bought the sword, not the shield :D

Actually, I'd suspect he bought the hilt, and he's gonna have to buy the blade in a little bit.
  • Options
    What counters? All you did was stamp your feet because you thought your $300 guaranteed you a no-effort Top 20 spot for the foreseeable future.

Meta does not mean unbeatable and you spending money does not mean you get to #EasyMode your way to perfect holds on defense.

I cannot wait until Darth Revan launches and your Jedi Revan faces an ACTUAL counter.

• Options
    What counters? All you did was stamp your feet because you thought your $300 guaranteed you a no-effort Top 20 spot for the foreseeable future.

Meta does not mean unbeatable and you spending money does not mean you get to #EasyMode your way to perfect holds on defense.

I cannot wait until Darth Revan launches and your Jedi Revan faces an ACTUAL counter.

So does dsb ruin revan or not? You're kinda saying both things here. And what DOES a person get for $300?
  • Options

And at this rate, you shouldn’t have to wait long. I haven’t stomped my feet one bit, and yes spending should have its advantages, whether the non spenders believe that or not. I can do this all day if you want to. You’re wrong. Plain and simple. The release was a slap in the face of everyone that spent on revan. And cg **** well knows it. But if they don’t do anything to make up for it, and we spend again, then that is on us.
  • Options
    This is probably a silly question, but to those who have revan. How is revan v revan match-up?does it ever go to time out? Or does revan easily beat other revan on offence?
  • Options

[/quote]

I’m perfectly fine with other revans being able to beat me. They did pay after all....
  • Options
    This is probably a silly question, but to those who have revan. How is revan v revan match-up?does it ever go to time out? Or does revan easily beat other revan on offence?

Mine have never timed out in mirror matches. It's not exactly "easy" in that it does take about 3 minutes on manual, but it *is* "easy" in that I can't lose.
  • Options

So does dsb ruin revan or not? You're kinda saying both things here. And what DOES a person get for $300?
    Early access. Nothing else.

A number of teams, almost all of them themselves Meta, can beat Revan.

No one promised you an auto-win button.

People were beating JR with Palp, CLS, Traya, etc. BSF improves the Sith teams that work, sure, but it is not like no one was dropping the Masterpiece that was the untouchable god of Arena.
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think she's an answer to make Grand Arena more manageable / acceptable to all players against Revan owners. Would be the only reason I can think of to release an offensive counter so early and quickly. Grand Arena's launch is due within 6 weeks after all.
  • Options
    LOL have you played SWGOH for any period of time?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Paying for an advantage/early access or whatever you want to call it. Requires that you actually get that advantage if not you paid for nothing and a release this soon basically says you paid for nothing. Also means that people are less likely to do it again. That's bad for the game. If your ftp and quit what do they lose? Nothing as you weren't contributing anything to begin with. However if people that spend stop the game stops being made. It's all bottom line.

You keep bringing up not dropping and auto battles and what not and that's irrelevant here. People don't want to feel like they got nothing for their money and that is a problem.
  • Options

Early access. Nothing else.

A number of teams, almost all of them themselves Meta, can beat Revan.

No one promised you an auto-win button.

People were beating JR with Palp, CLS, Traya, etc. BSF improves the Sith teams that work, sure, but it is not like no one was dropping the Masterpiece that was the untouchable god of Arena.

Early access makes sense. But not if it's only 2 weeks...

Btw i don't have revan. Just trying to be fair to all sides.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think she's an answer to make Grand Arena more manageable / acceptable to all players against Revan owners. Would be the only reason I can think of to release an offensive counter so early and quickly. Grand Arena's launch is due within 6 weeks after all.

So 5 more weeks would have made everyone happy?
  • Options
    Darth Revan is likely coming, and will require another 5 Marquee toons. Here are the first two. They still have to follow the Release Cadence, so they have to release them ~4-5 months before Darth Revan will drop.

Consider these new marquee characters to be the heralds of Darth Revan.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Darth Revan is likely coming, and will require another 5 Marquee toons. Here are the first two. They still have to follow the Release Cadence, so they have to release them ~4-5 months before Darth Revan will drop.

One of which just happens to spoil revan...
  • Options

Marquee toons that are worthless don't inspire players to buy them. They have to gradually use power creep as a way to incentivize people to buy the next toons. Since Revan is a significant advantage for players right now, providing some anti-Revan leverage is the most likely to get people to spend.

I bet in the next two weeks we get 2-3 more marquee Dark Side Old Republic toons. They won't all be deal-breakers, but they will be strong. Then the clock really starts ticking.
  • Options

Marquee toons that are worthless don't inspire players to buy them. They have to gradually use power creep as a way to incentivize people to buy the next toons. Since Revan is a significant advantage for players right now, providing some anti-Revan leverage is the most likely to get people to spend.

I bet in the next two weeks we get 2-3 more marquee Dark Side Old Republic toons. They won't all be deal-breakers, but they will be strong. Then the clock really starts ticking.

Name the last marquee that caused this much uproar. 2 weeks after a legendary. It's the timing ppl are upset about.
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options

Ideally, Revan should be meta and dominant until its event re-run. That was the expectation of most buyers imo

5 weeks won't make everyone happy but it would be more acceptable to the majority of owners, Revan's event launched in October 18 and it didn't even last a month since his release for a defensive counter (let alone the time some players took to gear him to make him arena viable)

We'll see how it goes, maybe Revan owners will soon find a way to counter the bastilla offense
  • Options
    So glad I haven't spent any money on this game. What's the point? It takes away the reason to play.
    I've earned all my characters, I've put time and effort into them. I don't care about the meta, I care about my characters.

When I first started I couldn't wait to unlock Maul cause he's one of my favorites. He was my first Zeta, first G12, first to have my best mods. I didn't care about having the best toons, I cared about making the character that I like the best. Soon after I unlocked Vader, then Nihilus dropped and my heart soared. "A Kotor character?! I gotta have my childhood nemesis!" Then Sion came out and I met him with the same reaction. I eventually picked up Palpatine because his leadership ability works best but I've never risen above 200 (gotten below?). I've got Treya yet to get but you can bet that when I do Palpatine will get the boot. I know I'll never be the best because there will always be people who put in more work or pay to win, and I'm ok with that. Those that put in more work deserve to be better. Those that put in more money deserve to learn from their mistakes.

I'm kinda rambling so I'll get to my point: buying the newest toon puts you ahead for a time but working for what you want provides the satisfaction of knowing you got where you are because of what you've accomplished.
    Being free to play does not put those players at a disadvantage, it liberates them to play how they want. Paying limits how you can play and ultimately creates resentment when being #1 becomes too costly.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    It's definitely the timing!!!
  • Options

Ideally, Revan should be meta and dominant until its event re-run. That was the expectation of most buyers imo

5 weeks won't make everyone happy but it would be more acceptable to the majority of owners, Revan's event launched in October 18 and it didn't even last a month since his release for a defensive counter (let alone the time some players took to gear him to make him arena viable)

We'll see how it goes, maybe Revan owners will soon find a way to counter the bastilla offense

Agreed. Like I said I don't even have Revan, but it irritates me that ppl are bothered that those who spent money feel shafted, based on 3 years of precedence. (Why they even care so much is another thing).
  • Options
    Name the last marquee that caused this much uproar. 2 weeks after a legendary. It's the timing ppl are upset about.

Uproars are very subjective and impossible to quantify. The OG Bastila was very impactful, as was Darth Sion.

I'm not saying the timing is good or bad, but the devs had to look at the overall health of the game. I know that right now players with Revan can get into much stronger guilds than they otherwise would be let into, because of the nature of how tough Revan defenses are in TW. Providing additional ways to be semi-competitive against Revan is definitely in the best interest of the overall game.

If BSF came out next week, or two weeks from now, or even a month from now - there would still be a very similar "uproar." It's never enough time to be dominant.

And yes, I have Revan and yet I'm not concerned about BSF hitting the Arena. In fact, I'm glad that she will give me another opportunity to counter enemy Revan's in TW.
  • Options

Uproars are very subjective and impossible to quantify. The OG Bastila was very impactful, as was Darth Sion.

I'm not saying the timing is good or bad, but the devs had to look at the overall health of the game. I know that right now players with Revan can get into much stronger guilds than they otherwise would be let into, because of the nature of how tough Revan defenses are in TW. Providing additional ways to be semi-competitive against Revan is definitely in the best interest of the overall game.

If BSF came out next week, or two weeks from now, or even a month from now - there would still be a very similar "uproar." It's never enough time to be dominant.

And yes, I have Revan and yet I'm not concerned about BSF hitting the Arena. In fact, I'm glad that she will give me another opportunity to counter enemy Revan's in TW.

If you want to "quantify the uproar" count the posts.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    I'm confused, aren't there a few teams that counter Revan including Traya without new dark Bastila? I think really fast ewoks is one of them. Not really seeing the big deal here.