Galactic war harder with 7* characters?

Prev1
I have never had a problem with Galactic war, my teams pretty solid, im level 61 always in ranked top 50 and have no problem taking out a full level 70 team, but ever since I got my sid and lumi to 7 stars, I have not been able to beat a single galactic war, after the third battle, all I get is full level 70 teams with maxed gear, I can take out one but 8?! Have I completely screwed my self by starring up sid and lumi? Im missing out on so many ability mats and tokens now. If they base your match ups off of star level, thats ridiculous, it should be based off of current level, and gear level. makes me want to stop shard farming.

Replies

• Options
    Thats so unfortunate. Thanks @Daddyngo007
  • Options
    Same thing here. I 7*'d Lumi and Sid, and now get level 70 players with several 7* characters at around node 6. About a month ago, though, I stopped upgrading my A squad and started farming/gearing viable B and C squad members. I clear GW every day, despite having just two 7* characters and characters mostly 60-65.

It will take a couple weeks, but try farming/leveling/gearing nothing but B squad members that can help you in tough match ups. DPS with assists, healers, and high HP characters help in different matchups. It's nice to have a stable to choose from. GW will still be tough and frustrating. But, it will at least be possible to beat.
  • Options
    Thanks @TheKevinlyFather I was looking to start an a solid B-team anyway I guess, now I have a good reason. Trouble is picking who will be in that B-team lol
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    They recently changed how GW is calculated. I think they have a bug in their system.

I have 2 accounts.

Account 1: Created mid-December. 12 Level 70 toons, a bunch more in 60s, 5-6 at 7 stars, all gear level 7-8, rank 1 in arena almost every day. I start GW against level 48 squads, and finish against low 60s squads. I MIGHT fight a level 70 squad once or twice every couple days.

Account 2: Created mid-January. 5 level 69 toons, 6-7 low 60 toons. 2 are at 7 stars, 3 at 6 star, only 6-7 are gear 7 or 8. Highest arena rank is 2, always in the top 20. Now this account is like you describe, start against level 58 squads, and it's against level 70 all 7 star teams from the 4th battle to the end.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I'm able to finish with my 2nd account by using some mid 40/50s characters to get the opposing team to burn their cooldowns, then come in to clean up with my A squad.

The bug is that both accounts are experiencing vastly different battles, and my main account is lightyears beyond my 2nd account.
  • Options
    Do you think the more 7 star characters you have the hard it will become? Im currently working on 7star GS and Qui Gon, should I put a halt on their progression? or is it just to late at this point?
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that people are getting different experiences, regardless of what their current available characters are, tells me that they're still trying to get the tuning correct. I suggest just progressing the way you want and when they update it again it hopefully will be better.
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think the problem is not just the algorithm with which enemies are selected, but that you just don't get a fair fight no matter who you fight.

The devs keep denying it but after months of 12 fights per night I know better to believe prog rates are the same on both sides. Enemies' 5*, lvl 65 Lumi gets to go before my 7*, lvl 70 Lumi, and OHKO her regularly. Enemy Daka/Dooku can keep half my team stunned at any given time. Enemy Poe expose my entire team with every taunt. The same characters hardly ever prog anything on my team.

It seems GW is designed to be nigh-impossible to beat. If you can finish it regularly that should be exception not the norm.

Either way the experience is just infuriating and increasingly not fun.
  • Options
    I think the problem is not just the algorithm with which enemies are selected, but that you just don't get a fair fight no matter who you fight.

The devs keep denying it but after months of 12 fights per night I know better to believe prog rates are the same on both sides. Enemies' 5*, lvl 65 Lumi gets to go before my 7*, lvl 70 Lumi, and OHKO her regularly. Mine never OHKO'ed anyone.

It seems GW is designed to be nigh-impossible to beat. If you can finish it regularly that should be exception not the norm.

Either way the experience is just infuriating and increasingly not fun.

Agreed! im fine with it being really hard, I enjoy a good challenge, but its flat out impossible sometimes. Even if I had thousands of dollars to spend in game, I would see no victory unless I had at least an A,B,D and E team completely maxed out.
  • Options
    GW gets harder as it gets later in the day. Also, if your using a lower power squad early on them the opponents power doesn't increase as quickly is what I've noticed.
  • Options
    GW gets harder as it gets later in the day. Also, if your using a lower power squad early on them the opponents power doesn't increase as quickly is what I've noticed.

This is false information... GW is calculated using the highest team power you've ever won an arena match with. It's been confirmed by devs on Reddit and on here.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    My first account, squad power is 26.7k, and I very rarely see a level 70 team. Use the same group and breeze through the whole thing.

2nd account, squad power is 25.9k, and get level 70, 7 star squads by fight 4 or 5, all the way to the end.
  • Options
    SlyKrysis wrote: »

This is false information... GW is calculated using the highest team power you've ever won an arena match with. It's been confirmed by devs on Reddit and on here.

And you believe that?

I could believe that easily, I am pretty low level compared to the people I am winning against in the arena. I have battled level 70 max * and gear, and won, thats how I hold my rank 47. But it wasnt an easy battle by an means, and I lost all but one of my team members, so no way in Hell I could fight a full galactic war of those teams.Still, Really a ridiculous way to calculate your opponents IMO.
  • Options
    I'm hitting all 70 level max star teams at the second fight. And frankly I've had easier fights in the arena
  • Options
    Well if they did match it to the hardest opponent you won against in the arena, that would make sense, because the hardest opponent Ive beat was max level/gear/star, where it doesnt make sense is to give you an entire galactic war filled with all those maxed out teams, maybe gives us one of those battles, but thats it! lol
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

And you believe that?

I believe it more than some anecdote about varying squad power based on time of the day and your own entering squad power.
    I always complete levels with my top 6 characters (1 i rotate based on heals cd), all 70, all 6 or 7 stars). Difficulty varies wildly, but i can promise you it's independent of my squad power. Same thing with time of the day. Sometimes i do it at midnight, sometimes i do it mid - day, sometimes late at night and end up resetting just before next days night. If anything the second GW (when i get delayed a day and end up playing 2 galactic wars in a row) feels easier, although i'm sure it's my imagination.
  • Options
    People said many times, dont 7 star if you're dont have 10 others at 6 stars, or proper team. They were heckled by these 'company employees' since it means money lost. Just 7 star luminara
    Best way to understand GW is your top 5 BY POWER, or top 10 maybe, and it gets much harder for 7 stars
  • Options
    People said many times, dont 7 star if you're dont have 10 others at 6 stars, or proper team. They were heckled by these 'company employees' since it means money lost. Just 7 star luminara
    Best way to understand GW is your top 5 BY POWER, or top 10 maybe, and it gets much harder for 7 stars

I have a proper team for sure, I rank top 50 sometimes, and always top 100. I dont have a full B-team though, I guess I came a little late to the forums :/
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

That's the way it SEEMS it should be. But it is not. Read up above where I have vastly different experiences between the two accounts I use.

It's still bugged, IE. not working as intended.
  • Options
    Polorkill wrote: »

I have a proper team for sure, I rank top 50 sometimes, and always top 100. I dont have a full B-team though, I guess I came a little late to the forums :/

Proper team for example is Dooku, QGJ, GS, Luminara + 1 you rotate time to time, keeping this main team at its best: HP, skills.
  • Options
    +1 is talia, barris, Chebacka, JC, Poe, Phasma, Poggle, Han, etc. Basically last 4 battles minus final is where you need it most.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    If you struggle in galaxy wars who is your arena team? I have a theory that Jedi / tanks arena teams will struggle more in Galaxy wars because their arena power is higher, actual strength lower, and they aren't fast enough to kill the other team quickly in GW

Does anyone running a QG led GW team struggle to finish?
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If you struggle in galaxy wars who is your arena team? I have a theory that Jedi / tanks arena teams will struggle more in Galaxy wars because their arena power is higher, actual strength lower, and they aren't fast enough to kill the other team quickly in GW

Does anyone running a QG led GW team struggle to finish?

Yes I run QG lead and I can no longer beat the GW
  • Options
    Everyone hits gw being hard around this point. It's supposed to be hard and as you level up more toons it'll become beatable again. No one ever said it should be a cakewalk for all players at all levels everyday. I think that's the point.
  • Options
    The two big jumps in difficulty I've seen in GW have happened right after I starred up characters. That makes sense with what was posted on reddit, but the jump in difficulty was much bigger than the jump in power in my team. I went from starting with teams in the 50's with 4-5 stars and 5-6 gear on the first node to a team with mostly 7 stars, level 70 and level 8 gear after getting GS to 7 stars and ST Han to 6 stars on the same day.

However, after the last time this happened ignoring my arena team seemed to make GW get gradually easier to the point where I stopped needing suicide squads or even my A team.

Of course this is all anecdotal evidence but it seems like the matchmaking is still a bit "off" compared to what most of us expect when we make changes to our arena team.
  • Options
    Everyone hits gw being hard around this point. It's supposed to be hard and as you level up more toons it'll become beatable again. No one ever said it should be a cakewalk for all players at all levels everyday. I think that's the point.

I dont need it to be a cake walk, my problem is Idc who you are, no one could beat the GW layouts im getting unless you had 4 teams all max level/gear/star. its not even close to accomplishable.
  • Options
    Polorkill wrote: »

I dont need it to be a cake walk, my problem is Idc who you are, no one could beat the GW layouts im getting unless you had 4 teams all max level/gear/star. its not even close to accomplishable.

Never lost GW free to play. Just get Dooku, Luminara, GS and you're ok. More time spent at first. Now, fewer than 5 retreats.