Galactic war harder with 7* characters?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Polorkill wrote: »
    Everyone hits gw being hard around this point. It's supposed to be hard and as you level up more toons it'll become beatable again. No one ever said it should be a cakewalk for all players at all levels everyday. I think that's the point.

I dont need it to be a cake walk, my problem is Idc who you are, no one could beat the GW layouts im getting unless you had 4 teams all max level/gear/star. its not even close to accomplishable.

Never lost GW free to play. Just get Dooku, Luminara, GS and you're ok. More time spent at first. Now, fewer than 5 retreats.

What level are you? And what's your rank? I think that really plays a part.
  • Options
    Everyone hits gw being hard around this point. It's supposed to be hard and as you level up more toons it'll become beatable again. No one ever said it should be a cakewalk for all players at all levels everyday. I think that's the point.

I dont need it to be a cake walk, my problem is Idc who you are, no one could beat the GW layouts im getting unless you had 4 teams all max level/gear/star. its not even close to accomplishable.

Never lost GW free to play. Just get Dooku, Luminara, GS and you're ok. More time spent at first. Now, fewer than 5 retreats.

top1 everyday. free to play.
  • Options

Well, all I can say is, impressive, you definitely are the minority.
  • Options

$5 Dooku pack did wonders. Now, it is bit harder
  • Options
    You don't need 4 teams, you need healers and healers and healers, Lumi, Barris and JC with Barris lead.
    Five is really good to slow down Sid or other. Fast win is not the best solution, it's difficult to handle your cooldowns, so take your time. If there is a taunt use Mace or QGJ, for dps enemy use dps or stunner.
    Sometimes you need a suicide team, but they don't need high level, level 40 is ok, if they aren't glas canons.
  • Options

$5 Dooku pack did wonders. Now, it is bit harder

I must of joined after they gave that special, very disappointed I missed out. Pretty much everyone has him, and he's certainly a real Jedi killer.
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    My team is actually in the same situation as yours: Sid 7*, Lumi 7*, 5s 5*, JC 6*, Tusken 5*z GW is still fine for me tho.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    You don't need 4 teams, you need healers and healers and healers, Lumi, Barris and JC with Barris lead.
    Five is really good to slow down Sid or other. Fast win is not the best solution, it's difficult to handle your cooldowns, so take your time. If there is a taunt use Mace or QGJ, for dps enemy use dps or stunner.
    Sometimes you need a suicide team, but they don't need high level, level 40 is ok, if they aren't glas canons.

I have lumi, JC, barris, Talia and Assaj, all decently gear, how much more do I need? Lol. The problem is I'm going against teams that can completely wipe my whole team first round. It's not because my squads suck but because I'm level 61 fighting level 70s maxed out. I do think I need at least one more solid defensive team, I like your idea about taking it slow, I got caught up on the fast offensive game I forgot all about defense.
    Currently trying to build this team, which I think will destroy galactic war. Barris-lead, Daka, Ewok Elder, RG and a really high dps like GS or Rey. Probably GS for me as I already have him.
  • Options

I have lumi, JC, barris, Talia and Assaj, all decently gear, how much more do I need? Lol. The problem is I'm going against teams that can completely wipe my whole team first round. It's not because my squads suck but because I'm level 61 fighting level 70s maxed out. I do think I need at least one more solid defensive team, I like your idea about taking it slow, I got caught up on the fast offensive game I forgot all about defense.
    Currently trying to build this team, which I think will destroy galactic war. Barris-lead, Daka, Ewok Elder, RG and a really high dps like GS or Rey. Probably GS for me as I already have him.

If you dont get 200 gems daily, it is best to quit this server and start new one. 100 on cantina 100 on regular energy, 50 in arena is bare minimum to play this game.
    best characters are in cantina and ds/ls
    best play is 300 energy on Cantina first 2 months, RG reload from the start.
    When you reach 100 energy reload on Cantina, you can do Rey reload instead.
    This is if you get 550 gems daily.
    If you dont spend 350 gems daily, you will not keep top rank.
    Rarely get 600 gems daily. 550 often. rarely 500.
    You can run surplus at cap, however best to follow this strategy and spend extra for Rey, Anakin, or FOTP reloads. RG reload is a must now.
  • Options

If you dont get 200 gems daily, it is best to quit this server and start new one. 100 on cantina 100 on regular energy, 50 in arena is bare minimum to play this game.
    You can run surplus at cap, however best to follow this strategy and spend extra for Rey, Anakin, or FOTP reloads. RG reload is a must now.

If I change server, or quite my server, wont I lose any purchases I made? Im not sure I completely follow your strategy, I normally refresh cantina once a day, and regular energy twice a day. Is that what youre saying to do?
  • Options

If I change server, or quite my server, wont I lose any purchases I made? Im not sure I completely follow your strategy, I normally refresh cantina once a day, and regular energy twice a day. Is that what youre saying to do?

lv 61 is not so bad to start over. I did so at 44 and gotten first to stay there. Yes, you can put bit money into and compliment difference. That's the trick I used.
  • Options

yes, 100 200 gems of energy, gives you 5 and 7.5 shards daily from shipments
  • Options

lv 61 is not so bad to start over. I did so at 44 and gotten first to stay there. Yes, you can put bit money into and compliment difference. That's the trick I used.

I've already spent close to $100, I don't want to lose that starting over, I'd sooner just put more money back in. Which I don't really think I need to do, I just need to wait it out, and level up, catch up to everyone ahead of me. With the level capped at 70 right now, they're not going anywhere just yet.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Barris lead is better for jedis.
    mostly i ran:

Barris, lead (lvl 69, 5*, working on her)
    JC (lvl 64, 7*)
    Lumi (lvl 68, 7*)
    Five (lvl 69, 5*)

5. pos. is different,
    most used: Mace (lvl 69, 5*, working on him)
    sometimes:
    GS (lvl 69, 3*)
    dooku, daka (both lvl 69, 4*)
    qgj (lvl 69, 6*)

all purple gear and i'm lvl 70

edit: i dont use JC, qgj in arena, he has a lot of power
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    They recently changed how GW is calculated. I think they have a bug in their system.

I have 2 accounts.

Account 1: Created mid-December. 12 Level 70 toons, a bunch more in 60s, 5-6 at 7 stars, all gear level 7-8, rank 1 in arena almost every day. I start GW against level 48 squads, and finish against low 60s squads. I MIGHT fight a level 70 squad once or twice every couple days.

Account 2: Created mid-January. 5 level 69 toons, 6-7 low 60 toons. 2 are at 7 stars, 3 at 6 star, only 6-7 are gear 7 or 8. Highest arena rank is 2, always in the top 20. Now this account is like you describe, start against level 58 squads, and it's against level 70 all 7 star teams from the 4th battle to the end.

Do you always use the same toons in the arena and if so, what are the members on each account?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If you struggle in galaxy wars who is your arena team? I have a theory that Jedi / tanks arena teams will struggle more in Galaxy wars because their arena power is higher, actual strength lower, and they aren't fast enough to kill the other team quickly in GW

Does anyone running a QG led GW team struggle to finish?

Yes I run QG lead and I can no longer beat the GW

Who else is on your team? And who is your arena team?
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Mc1 wrote: »
    Meerava wrote: »
    They recently changed how GW is calculated. I think they have a bug in their system.

I have 2 accounts.

Account 1: Created mid-December. 12 Level 70 toons, a bunch more in 60s, 5-6 at 7 stars, all gear level 7-8, rank 1 in arena almost every day. I start GW against level 48 squads, and finish against low 60s squads. I MIGHT fight a level 70 squad once or twice every couple days.

Account 2: Created mid-January. 5 level 69 toons, 6-7 low 60 toons. 2 are at 7 stars, 3 at 6 star, only 6-7 are gear 7 or 8. Highest arena rank is 2, always in the top 20. Now this account is like you describe, start against level 58 squads, and it's against level 70 all 7 star teams from the 4th battle to the end.

Do you always use the same toons in the arena and if so, what are the members on each account?

I do always use the same toons. The differences between the two accounts are vast, leading me to believe it's a bug.

Account 1 I use 5 star bariss lead, 7 star lumi, 7 star 88, 7 star 86, and 7 star poggle.

Account 2 I use 7 star Lumi lead, 6 star QGJ, 7 star Eeth Koth, 6 star JC, 6 star GS. I trade out Eeth Koth for Daka later on to survive the onslaughts of 7 star level 70 teams. I still manage to win it using lvl 40-60 fodder at times.
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well if they did match it to the hardest opponent you won against in the arena, that would make sense, because the hardest opponent Ive beat was max level/gear/star, where it doesnt make sense is to give you an entire galactic war filled with all those maxed out teams, maybe gives us one of those battles, but thats it! lol
    Exactly! I can take out a full 7* team in the arena until I have 1 character left on my team. But on GW I have 12 opponents to fight. By node 3 I'm already getting full 7* lv70 teams. Every day.

I enjoy the challenge. If I get to switch it up, plan ahead and experiment with my approach. But GW is designed to be a daily grind. It's not like a boss you fight in Dark Souls.

If I have to put myself against impossible odds. Every day. With no sense of fairness or control. No one, absolutely no one finds it one. And this is coming from someone who plays XCOM and Dark Souls.
  • Options
    I think *everyday* is the point. GW is a daily grind. We don't get to do this on our own terms. That kind of extreme difficulty is unfair if you had to do it every day without the freedom to walk away and deliberate.

Imagine playing XCOM. Yes that game is hard and I sometimes I spend hours if not days stuck on a level. But when I beat it it was satisfying. And most importantly I don't have to do it. I *want* to stretch myself. When I want to stretch myself.

Here you are forced to do it. You are only given 24 hours. And after you beat the pleasure is so short-lived because in just a few hours it's rinse and repeat.

If you want to pit players against extreme difficulty it's fine. Make it a weekly or monthly challenge. Hell why doesn't Yoda has this kind of difficulty? Don't force players to do this every day. Even the most patient of us are bound to wear thin.
  • Options
    I tested what someone said, and last night I did not participate in the arena battles, surprisingly today, galactic war was slightly easier, I still had to use pretty much every character I have, and literally the last man standing was sidious vs a Vader and I had to retreat many times, I beat it, but barely, if it was like that everyday Id be fine, its beatable.
  • Ish_Vos
    17 posts Member
    Options
    First battle 4 7* one 4*, 4 at level 70 one at level 69, all at level 8 gear. How am I suppose to get increasing ly more difficult battles there is not much else that is higher.
  • Options
    Ish_Vos wrote: »
    First battle 4 7* one 4*, 4 at level 70 one at level 69, all at level 8 gear. How am I suppose to get increasing ly more difficult battles there is not much else that is higher.

I guess just different team comps with higher power level, and max everything? lol, its all just silly. Ive noticed power level hardly means anything either, at power level 18,000, I could easily beat some power level 23,000 teams, but then randomly do terrible vs someone with an even lower powerlevel then myself.
  • Options
    The last two days I havent been able to finish GW as its all the same 7* Lvl 70 teams, back to back. Even with solid A and B teams and up and coming C team, there is no chance to finish. Nothing but the likes of Sid, Dooku, Daka, Poe, Kylo, Phasma and Poggle guarding the finish line (except for the rare Yoda or Qui Gon). They need to fix whatever they did to GW and start releasing more characters soon because diversity in team configuration is down to a few boring, impassable crutch combinations and the gameplay is suffering for it.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    The last two days I havent been able to finish GW as its all the same 7* Lvl 70 teams, back to back. Even with solid A and B teams and up and coming C team, there is no chance to finish. Nothing but the likes of Sid, Dooku, Daka, Poe, Kylo, Phasma and Poggle guarding the finish line (except for the rare Yoda or Qui Gon). They need to fix whatever they did to GW and start releasing more characters soon because diversity in team configuration is down to a few boring, impassable crutch combinations and the gameplay is suffering for it.

What is your team comp? I've been able to finish with the last 4/5 battles being the team's you just described maxed out. And i'm using a a full Jedi team. QGJ 5*, Yoda 6*, JC7*, Lum7*, Eeth7*
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Interesting, I wasn't able to beat the GW until all toons were level 80+, seems something is off on my account/ranking/server, hate to restart but perhaps quitting is the best avenue
  • Options
    so ... much ... bad ... information
    K0PRO3Z.gif