Questions about Palpatine's leadership.

1. Does Palpatine himself also gain the bonuses (35% max health and 35% potency)?
2. Does Vader benefit twice from the bonuses as he's a Sith and Empire character? Including the 5% (or does he get 10%) turn meter gain from expired debuffs?

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    1-yes
    2-no. Palp and Vader are counted twice for vader's unique, but they only get the lead bonus once
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    2-no. Palp and Vader are counted twice for vader's unique, but they only get the lead bonus once

Are you sure about this?

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    @Waqui pretty sure, as it's been discussed here on the forums multiple times and that's consensus from what I gather

I reread the question and my response, and I definitely misinterpreted the question the first time around, but I'm fairly certain I was right. I'm sure that Vader gets the 35% bonus once and I'm slightly less sure that he gets 5% tm on debuff expiration

now, palp gets his own lead because, well, all characters are effected by their own lead. Can't think of any exceptions. It says "Empire and Sith allies" while a lead that doesn't effect the leader would say "other Empire and Sith allies".

if you want proof of toons getting their own leads, look to revan. His lead grants strategic advantage to one jedi member if no-one else has it. Watch an arena battle on youtube where Revan is the fastest guy on the team, and see he gets strategic advantage. (there are probably easier ways to check if leads effect the leader, especially using health boosting leads and GW)

again, I'm fairly certain that Vader only receives benefits off the lead once, and gets counted twice for his unique only.
  • CaptainFizz
    300 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Above correct, Palp and Vader account for 16 speed each for Vader's unique.
    Old Ben counts as 16 speed as he is a Rebel and Jedi

The 35% potency is applied once to all.
    Vader gets 5% TM per expired debuff
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I never mentioned anything about wether leaders benefit from their own leadership or not, so I'll allow myself to ignore that bit. However, if this is correct:
    HK666 wrote: »
    again, I'm fairly certain that Vader only receives benefits off the lead once, and gets counted twice for his unique only.

...it's new to me. I seem to remember discussions about EP's stun and how much tenacity was needed to increase chance to resist it, where it was mentioned that EP receives 70% potency bonus and not only 35%. But ok, I might be mistaken. It's quite a long time ago.
  • Options
    It's worded differently in the mechanics and only counts once:
    ky1mxzx4vd5t.png

The presence of the word "or" means Palp and Vader only get the bonuses once. Comparing that to Vader's unique, it checks for each affiliation separately (Jedi, Rebel, Sith, Empire), which is why himself, EP, OB, Ezra, Kanan etc grants him 16 speed rather than 8:
    iusdfcq5ue07.png

I think I'm remembering this correctly, though @scuba is the man when it comes to explaining the game's mechanics.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It's worded differently in the mechanics and only counts once:
    ky1mxzx4vd5t.png

The presence of the word "or" means Palp and Vader only get the bonuses once. Comparing that to Vader's unique, it checks for each affiliation separately (Jedi, Rebel, Sith, Empire), which is why himself, EP, OB, Ezra, Kanan etc grants him 16 speed rather than 8:
    iusdfcq5ue07.png

I think I'm remembering this correctly, though scuba is the man when it comes to explaining the game's mechanics.

Yes a character that is sith and empire only get the benefit of the lead once.
    I posted somewhere with testing numbers proving this with the health gain.

The basic rule of thumb is
    can count twice
    only apply once

revan lead:
    an old republic Jedi counts twice for the speed bonus.
    an old republic Jedi only gets the speed bonus once.