Nest bug fix, refund zeta please [MERGE]

Replies

  • Ultra
    1151 posts Member
    Nest can still take out those same Bastilla teams alone

    I don’t think you even know what the bug fix did
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    It certainly looks like a nerf. Considering how hard she is to farm I would be pretty ticked off for the carpet to be pulled underneath my feet. If there was going to be a change then it should have been announced when the change was being developed. Not in the 9th hour of a new event where dare I say people would be using her to counter Revan teams.

    I completely agree with you.
  • We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

  • Ultra wrote: »
    Nest can still take out those same Bastilla teams alone

    I don’t think you even know what the bug fix did

    Please stop calling this a bug fix. By calling this a bug you say that the people who designed her are either stupid or incompetent.

  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    That’s where my mind was going, but I didn’t want to say anything. Especially since I’m one of those whales who got Revan.
  • Wookiewookie are you a dev? Ill wait for confirmation that its wai from them thanks as far as im concerned it was wai for the past however many months. Also want zeta refund, plus all the crystals i spent to 7*, plus all the g12 and 12.5 pieces. Thanks.

    If you zeta’d Nest to face Revan, then you didn’t plan very well.

    “WAI” changes as new characters are released, as testing finds new issues. So it doesn’t matter if it was WAI for the past 6 months. Revan was released with unique abilities that complicate things, and therefore changes must be made.
  • Evidentally Ultra... you already have a jar.
    I've seen you on other post as CG advocate.
    You have red stained mustache my friend.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    So? Maybe whales deserve an advantage for paying, and it was Nests turn to take one for the team. I felt the same way about Zombie.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    They weren't exploiting a bug. That's how she worked out the gate. They came in later after everyone built her up to counter Revan and said oops our bad, but you'll still take the lose. It's becoming a recurring theme that can only be chalked up to ineptitude.

    I think it being a bug is undeniable. However the issue then becomes is it our fault for not catching their mistake? I'd say it's not, and I think it's fair to be upset. Players assumed the product they got was working as it should, and invested accordingly. And I'm not a Nest user, btw.
    They used to do a bug bin that would let players know about KNOWN bugs that they will address sometime in the future (weeks or months ahead) and I really miss that feature. It would let people know weeks / months ahead that the Nest Protection up is marked as a bug and CG would get around to fixing it eventually or if any other toon they are working towards has an issue they didn't know about

    This would help a lot. It would also show more integrity on the devs part. People would then have no excuse to feel cheated. As it is, they do.
  • I went from arena rank in the 50s to 100s to 2 days ago came in at 185 and today at 212. I run Nest.. Correlation?

    Not necessarily. I don't use Nest, but I've felt more pressure lately also. Could be a lot of things. For instance more people are unlocking traya on a daily basis. Some people are just now getting Revan squads going. I'm seeing opponents I've never seen before, or haven't seen in ages.
  • Ultra
    1151 posts Member
    Harlow wrote: »
    Evidentally Ultra... you already have a jar.
    I've seen you on other post as CG advocate.
    You have red stained mustache my friend.
    I'm done with this Nest debate because clearly nobody has an open mind in this argument and its getting repetitive with people not listening to the facts

    If CG messes up, I'll call them out on it but when they fix something that's broke, I'll give credit where its due. They did the right thing

    My advice would be to look at the situation again and judge them based on the facts of the matter (ability descriptions, intended behavior, observed behavior) rather than "what this means for me as someone who has to face Revan teams without Revan"
  • OldBen wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nest can still take out those same Bastilla teams alone

    I don’t think you even know what the bug fix did

    Please stop calling this a bug fix. By calling this a bug you say that the people who designed her are either stupid or incompetent.

    Yeah...and?
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Harlow wrote: »
    Evidentally Ultra... you already have a jar.
    I've seen you on other post as CG advocate.
    You have red stained mustache my friend.
    I'm done with this Nest debate because clearly nobody has an open mind in this argument and its getting repetitive with people not listening to the facts

    If CG messes up, I'll call them out on it but when they fix something that's broke, I'll give credit where its due. They did the right thing

    My advice would be to look at the situation again and judge them based on the facts of the matter (ability descriptions, intended behavior, observed behavior) rather than "what this means for me as someone who has to face Revan teams without Revan"

    Maybe you do not understand us because you have Revan. Well...that‘s not realy open minded. Many Revan owners in my Shard get why people are upset and also call this what it is. A plain Nerf. Period.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    @Killbot5000 Do you think you could record a battle with vet chewy against Revan? I would like to see it for fun.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    @Killbot5000 Do you think you could record a battle with vet chewy against Revan? I would like to see it for fun.

    Yes.
    I will. Be prepared for 5 minutes of auto battle :-)
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    @Killbot5000 Do you think you could record a battle with vet chewy against Revan? I would like to see it for fun.

    Wish i could have videoed my win from earlier. This was a draw. Nobody lost and 20 seconds more would have been a win, or if I would have manually played it..... but I didn't want to be a liar, so I put it on auto like I said.

    I will get video of revan with all jedi tomorrow.

    No zeta on vet chew yet, so i believe he would work. Og chewie should work as well, but mine is only 5* and dies before vandor can get prepared usually.

    Long rant, but scoundrels with qi'ra lead are still perfectly viable unless rng has revan mark vandor from the start.

  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    Wait so you are upset that the Qira/Nest combination was “destroyed”, when vet Chewie is just as good? Where is the warrant for complaint here!?
  • OldBen wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Harlow wrote: »
    Evidentally Ultra... you already have a jar.
    I've seen you on other post as CG advocate.
    You have red stained mustache my friend.
    I'm done with this Nest debate because clearly nobody has an open mind in this argument and its getting repetitive with people not listening to the facts

    If CG messes up, I'll call them out on it but when they fix something that's broke, I'll give credit where its due. They did the right thing

    My advice would be to look at the situation again and judge them based on the facts of the matter (ability descriptions, intended behavior, observed behavior) rather than "what this means for me as someone who has to face Revan teams without Revan"

    Maybe you do not understand us because you have Revan. Well...that‘s not realy open minded. Many Revan owners in my Shard get why people are upset and also call this what it is. A plain Nerf. Period.

    Um... no.
    It’s an issue discovered with testing between Revan and Nest. Simple. Although this seems like a nerf, it was NOT intended to be so.

    At first, it may be upsetting. But @Ultra is looking past that initial feeling, and realizing that CG knows what they are doing, and that this was not a nerf or an intention to destroy a Revan counter. I’m sorry that some people are upset.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    @Killbot5000 Do you think you could record a battle with vet chewy against Revan? I would like to see it for fun.

    Wish i could have videoed my win from earlier. This was a draw. Nobody lost and 20 seconds more would have been a win, or if I would have manually played it..... but I didn't want to be a liar, so I put it on auto like I said.

    I will get video of revan with all jedi tomorrow.

    No zeta on vet chew yet, so i believe he would work. Og chewie should work as well, but mine is only 5* and dies before vandor can get prepared usually.

    Long rant, but scoundrels with qi'ra lead are still perfectly viable unless rng has revan mark vandor from the start.


    Well, thanks for the video, but it's hardly Revan meta. Come back when you're taking R1 with that combo. I could take on that Revan with Nest even after the nerf.
  • Ultra
    1151 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    OldBen wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Harlow wrote: »
    Evidentally Ultra... you already have a jar.
    I've seen you on other post as CG advocate.
    You have red stained mustache my friend.
    I'm done with this Nest debate because clearly nobody has an open mind in this argument and its getting repetitive with people not listening to the facts

    If CG messes up, I'll call them out on it but when they fix something that's broke, I'll give credit where its due. They did the right thing

    My advice would be to look at the situation again and judge them based on the facts of the matter (ability descriptions, intended behavior, observed behavior) rather than "what this means for me as someone who has to face Revan teams without Revan"

    Maybe you do not understand us because you have Revan. Well...that‘s not realy open minded. Many Revan owners in my Shard get why people are upset and also call this what it is. A plain Nerf. Period.

    Um... no.
    It’s an issue discovered with testing between Revan and Nest. Simple. Although this seems like a nerf, it was NOT intended to be so.

    At first, it may be upsetting. But @Ultra is looking past that initial feeling, and realizing that CG knows what they are doing, and that this was not a nerf or an intention to destroy a Revan counter. I’m sorry that some people are upset.
    Exactly.

    Some might find it extremely hard to believe but a few hours before the bug fix, I 7 starred my Nest and immediately pushed her to g12 and equipped my g12+ gear I was saving for months just to counter Revan teams on Grand Arena (saving my own for defense).

    On the upside, in my opinion, the second best plug and play toon after Thrawn and needs as much speed as possible and works excellent against 99% other team comps
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    100% agree. Whales complained.
    Myself and a few others found the qi'ra, nest combo to be very effective for a free to play strategy against pay to play, and exploited it. Oh well.

    Btw, if you run qi'ra in arena, replace nest with vet chewie and revan leads are still completely autoable. His damage under qi'ra makes him hit extremely hard and he has tank like health and protection. Not nearly as good as nest, but if yoyr vandor is fast enough to get prepared before l3 dies, vet chew is a good'nuff nest replacement.... until he is magically nerfed as well.

    @Killbot5000 Do you think you could record a battle with vet chewy against Revan? I would like to see it for fun.

    Wish i could have videoed my win from earlier. This was a draw. Nobody lost and 20 seconds more would have been a win, or if I would have manually played it..... but I didn't want to be a liar, so I put it on auto like I said.

    I will get video of revan with all jedi tomorrow.

    No zeta on vet chew yet, so i believe he would work. Og chewie should work as well, but mine is only 5* and dies before vandor can get prepared usually.

    Long rant, but scoundrels with qi'ra lead are still perfectly viable unless rng has revan mark vandor from the start.


    Well, thanks for the video, but it's hardly Revan meta. Come back when you're taking R1 with that combo. I could take on that Revan with Nest even after the nerf.

    Thats why i said I wod post another. ;-)
    The "meta" is no different.
  • This is a fricking joke!!!! Nerf the best ftp Revan counter out there, so their cash cow can be more dominant. Revan was already tailor made to counter every meta character out there, and now this!!? I run maul and nest in arena to battle the ocean of Revan teams. Even the players in my shard who use Revan think this is a joke. They refuse to fix ftp characters, and then nerf a ftp toon to make their biggest paywall character ever more dominant. Pure money move, pure sleaze, nice CG real nice.....
  • OldBen wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    Fake News.

    Us „Nest Users“ were not exploiting anything. We used a characters mechanic that has been there for almost 6 Month . This clearly aint no bug. So do not call it a bug. Dear Devs: Just be honest. You
    made a mistake programing her the way she was cause you were not smart enough to forsee what she could do to upcoming meta toons. So now you nerf her. It‘s not a problem. Just give us „Nest Users“ all the Gear and Zetas back that we invested in her and the teams around her. Because we knew how the Character you designed was working. Based on that knowledge we were building our Revan Counterteams that are useless now. And to everybody that says this is not a big deal: you are wrong. For me and many others it is a big deal. Please take this serious.

    If you don't know what "bug" means, you have no business commenting on it. Just because something's been there since character release, doesn't not make it a bug.
  • Gryf
    53 posts Member
    So, I guess I'm not using zetas anymore. It seems like every time I spend a zeta, someting gets "fixed"
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    We all know why they did it. Whales had a new toy in Revan and complained that Nest was good against it. Therefore it had to be nerfed. Nothing bug about it, just greed from whales.
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

    [email protected] pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

    It is and always was a bug

    A “bug” that conveniently deminishes a counter to a P2P toon. Yeah sure... nothing suspicious about that.

    Literally never seen one person complain about Nest's viability against Revan. Revan v Nest on offense is the easiest thing in the world.

    The echo chamber enjoys giving CG flak for all these perceived slights, but all of you literally make garbage up to support your thin arguments. It's pathetic.
  • Gryf
    53 posts Member
    And if this was a known big for a long time... Why not fix it right when Nest was released or when she became F2P? Oh, they needed to make money off her when she was released and wasn't important enough to "fix" until she was able to beat the biggest cash cow to date
  • jonnydeathstar
    2 posts Member
    edited December 6
    This is probably my second post on the forum, but this Nest thing has got me seeing red, Capital Games.

    I have been farming this 'toon for months, based on her ability to counter Revan. Countering Revan is what I need to do break into the top 50 in Arena on my shard.

    Bug or not, WAD or WAI or whatever, the communication from Capital Games and Dev Team on this should have been much much better, especially after all of the 'Revan counter' hype over the last while.

    The fact that they appear to have known about this for a month and didn't tell the community is a huge slap in the face and players should be upset - not just the people who leveled her up but also all of the people who lost arena awards because they couldn't beat Nest or were beaten by a bugged Nest.

    Nest may be a pretty good toon in many situations, but that is a poor consolation for the amount of time, ship energy, gear and zeta mats used (wasted?) to level & gear her up for Arena. I do spend some money on this game (not enough to buy my way to Revan), but I'll be rethinking future purchases not knowing what other characters might or might not be bugged.

    Edit: hah apparently this is my first post lol
  • Darthsetty99
    165 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Cg doing stuff like this just reaffirms my decision not to spend $ on this game anymore. No guarantee my investment won't be "fixed" a few months down the line.
    Post edited by Darthsetty99 on
Sign In or Register to comment.