Close the legendary flask please

Prev1
You did it CG, you proved that we shouldn't complain about Marquee events when you opened the flask and let the legendaries come out. Now we find ourselves back in the situation where we're being forced to farm specific factions for certain characters and it hurts.

I sincerely hate the idea of WASTING my gear with ewoks. You can try to convince me that ewoks are awesome and you can use them here and there, but I don't really care if they are good or not, I just never cared to gear them up because I simply dislike them...

You are now forcing us to gear them because if we don't, then we don't get 3PO. And I don't really care for 3PO either, he's a trashy character to me but then I'm pretty certain at this point that at this rate we're most likely going to need 3PO for some other legendary character who I will most likely want to have.

This situation is very frustrating because I don't want YOU to dictate what I must do. I want to be in charge of my account and make my own choices of who I farm and who I gear and now I can't because your legendaries are dictating what I have to do in order to be secure about a potential Jedi Luke or Anakin.

This is very disappointing because I hate the idea that the entire community is being forced to work and grind for the same thing and deprived of the ability to make choices for themselves. So stop this legendary nonsense and allow us to have choices, we don't like ewoks and gear isn't exactly abundant so every single piece I waste on them actually hurts my brain. Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    They aren’t forcing anyone to do anything. Billions of people don’t play swgoh and live to tell about it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    “we don’t like ewoks”

Plenty of people like Ewoks. People need to stop acting like they speak for the whole world. And you should know by now that requiring various (and frequently underutilized) factions/characters for certain events is how the game works. I figured that out about two weeks in.
  • Options
    How many Marquees have been released that haven't directly been related to a Legendary (or one we know is coming)? I think only Scoundrels, at the moment.

Personally, I still think events requiring factions that have been around a while (Chewie and Threepio) are a whole lot better than events tied to those marquee characters (Revan and Thrawn).
  • Options
    I farmed KOTOR for Revan. Don’t care about KOTOR. Don’t really care about Revan. But if you think this game is about farming to get the new-shiny (as I do), then you put up with it. It’s literally always been this way. If this is the first time you’ve ever ad omfarm a faction you don’t like for a legendary event, you should consider yourself really, really lucky.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    “we don’t like ewoks”

Plenty of people like Ewoks. People need to stop acting like they speak for the whole world. And you should know by now that requiring various (and frequently underutilized) factions/characters for certain events is how the game works. I figured that out about two weeks in.

Then those who like them can go ahead and give them all their gear and zetas. I don't see why I have to be forced to do it
  • Options
    I farmed KOTOR for Revan. Don’t care about KOTOR. Don’t really care about Revan. But if you think this game is about farming to get the new-shiny (as I do), then you put up with it. It’s literally always been this way. If this is the first time you’ve ever ad omfarm a faction you don’t like for a legendary event, you should consider yourself really, really lucky.

I mean the speculation is that ewoks will be required at a high gear level similar to bounty Hunters for Chewbacca. I wouldn't mind it if gear 8 would cut it, but it most likely wont and I am in no mood to get them to gear 11...
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    “we don’t like ewoks”

Then those who like them can go ahead and give them all their gear and zetas. I don't see why I have to be forced to do it

You aren't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    They aren’t forcing anyone to do anything. Billions of people don’t play swgoh and live to tell about it.

Strawman fallacy right there
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    “we don’t like ewoks”

Because that’s how the game works, which is exactly what I said. That’s how it has worked since I started playing, at the least. If you want to participate in certain events, you need certain characters, even if you don’t like them. This is nothing new. If you resent it that much, this might not be the right game for you.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    “we don’t like ewoks”

You aren't.

We'll yes I am. That's what I hate about tieing characters to one another. Like I mentioned if Jedi Luke requires 3PO then wouldn't I be forced to get 3PO if I want to have Luke?
  • Options

Huh?
  • Options

This is very disappointing because I hate the idea that the entire community is being forced to work and grind for the same thing and deprived of the ability to make choices for themselves. So stop this legendary nonsense and allow us to have choices, we don't like ewoks and gear isn't exactly abundant so every single piece I waste on them actually hurts my brain. Thanks.

Noone is forcing you to do anything. You don't like Ewoks and don't want 3PO? Then move on and finish gearing whatever toon you wish. CG isn't reaching out and twisting your arm to do anything. I don't care for the OR faction either and ignored them when the Raven announcement came. Does that mean I'm mad at CG for requiring those toons to unlock a meta character? No, it means I didn't get him this time around and maybe not even the next but I still enjoy the game because I'm not a big negative Nancy that feels like the world should revolve around me. The real world is similar if you haven't faced it yet. Things aren't always to your liking and sometimes you just have to buckle the f*** up and get used to it.
  • Options
    “we don’t like ewoks”

Because that’s how the game works, which is exactly what I said. That’s how it has worked since I started playing, at the least. If you want to participate in certain events, you need certain characters, even if you don’t like them. This is nothing new. If you resent it that much, this might not be the right game for you.

I don't necessarily mind a 1 to 1 tie between characters. But then as it turns out it's almost never 1 to 1. Because the one character is required for another which then is required for another. So for example R2 requires 5 empire characters. CLS requires R2 so CLS requires 5 empire characters. That makes CLS require 9 characters instead of just 5. Similarly JTR requires BB8 who requires FO so JTR requires FO. That's my issue
  • Options
    Adding new content, by its nature, moves end-game players to a point where they're not-quite-end-game.

This is normal and natural.

The alternative is for the game to stagnate.

That's bad.

If you don't like the new content, you don't have to pursue it. If you have priorities that are more important to you than the new content, you can continue those previous priorities. That doesn't make the new content bad.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Huh?

Exaggerating my position to prove your point
  • Options

Huh?

You sure seem unhappy with the game based on your threads, Possibly you need to re-evaluate how you play the game.
  • Options
    I don’t get posts like this, and I’m usually the one complaining about the game (see my posts about the Revenue requirement).

Ewoks have been around forever. Wicket is the only legitimate end game farm to deal with. They have utility all over the game, especially in TW where they can murder Revan or be a solid defensive team. It’s not a waste.

Here’s the thing. Legendaries encompass F2P and P2P alike. F2P and don’t want to pour too much into the required faction? Get 5*, g8 (which is insanely easy for Ewoks) and enjoy the 5* unlock. Theory craft, tinker and see if you need the legendary for a hero journey or ship. P2P/long time F2P? Enjoy the 7* unlock and usage in raids and all aspects of the game and being prepared for future releases.

Honestly I’m one of the most critical of CG in these forums but doing exactly what the player based asked for (less marquee and more legendary) isn’t cause for criticism. Especially when the requirements are for factions that have been around since launch with virtually no spending needed.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Adding new content, by its nature, moves end-game players to a point where they're not-quite-end-game.

That's bad.

If you don't like the new content, you don't have to pursue it. If you have priorities that are more important to you than the new content, you can continue those previous priorities. That doesn't make the new content bad.

Noone is forcing you to do anything. You don't like Ewoks and don't want 3PO? Then move on and finish gearing whatever toon you wish. CG isn't reaching out and twisting your arm to do anything. I don't care for the OR faction either and ignored them when the Raven announcement came. Does that mean I'm mad at CG for requiring those toons to unlock a meta character? No, it means I didn't get him this time around and maybe not even the next but I still enjoy the game because I'm not a big negative Nancy that feels like the world should revolve around me. The real world is similar if you haven't faced it yet. Things aren't always to your liking and sometimes you just have to buckle the f*** up and get used to it.

You're ignoring the fact that down the road 3PO will most likely be required for another hero's journey which means I won't really have a choice but to aquire him. You're acting as if my problem is 3PO alone. I'm fine with him coming to the game, I just don't want him to be required for a legendary later on
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Huh?

Oh ok lol. No exaggeration in your post. Not one bit
  • Options

Huh?

You sure seem unhappy with the game based on your threads, Possibly you need to re-evaluate how you play the game.

I pointed out his exaggeration what does that have to do with anything?
  • Options

I mean the speculation is that ewoks will be required at a high gear level similar to bounty Hunters for Chewbacca. I wouldn't mind it if gear 8 would cut it, but it most likely wont and I am in no mood to get them to gear 11...

It is exactly that: SPECULATION! Don't gear them up until you figure out exactly how high you need to farm them. Just saying, if you maybe hold your gear until the event, play it a couple of times, and then figure out exactly what level you will need for them, then you won't end up in a situation where you put gear 11 gear on an ewok (that you apparently hate) where gear 8/9 would have sufficed. Just wait until the event becomes live, and you will not regret making any choices. And just saying, I know that you hate ewoks for whatever reason (I couldn't care less about that), but they are not a terrible faction, and you would do well to farm them, and you might thank yourself for the farm if they turn out to be a good TB/TW team (like they are), and it would be an extra team to use now in Grand Arena. Just my 2 cents.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options

That's bad.

You're ignoring the fact that down the road 3PO will most likely be required for another hero's journey which means I won't really have a choice but to aquire him. You're acting as if my problem is 3PO alone. I'm fine with him coming to the game, I just don't want him to be required for a legendary later on

Then don’t farm Ewoks and pray you won’t need Threepio for JKL, I guess. Or you could, I dunno, revel in the panic gearing like the rest of us are doing.

Seriously, if you’ve been working on gearing G11 characters to G12, it can be really refreshing how fast the progress seems going from G8 to G9.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options

I didn't want Old Ben to be required for CLS, but it happened. There was probably a lot of people that didn't want to have to get BB8 for JTR, but again it happened. You have options: 1) stop playing the game 2) don't worry about the 3PO requirements and keep playing the game 3) keep whining about things you can't control

As and adult (I'm assuming), number 3 shouldn't be an option but alas, I've managed enough people in my career to know better.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    This is a game that requires certain characters to get other certain characters. If you don't like it, either don't play, or don't get those certain characters. That's your choice.

Saying "I have no choice if I want Character X" does not mean you have no choice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So what if 3PO will be needed for a future Heroe’s Journey? (IF). CG isn’t forcing you to grind Ewoks for 3PO. Nor are they forcing you to grind any character for that matter. Grind who you want. If you spent half the time you use to complain on grinding you can get 3PO next time he comes around.

In any case, the Ewoks aren’t called “murder bears” for no reason.. they are incredible useful in Territory Battles and Territory Wars. Properly geared up they can defeat Revan... it’s fine to not like them. I’m pretty sure CG nor any of us care how you feel about them personally but the fact CG is giving them more use is a good thing. One can only assume they will do a character that needs Jawas to unlock.
  • Options
    No use moaning about it. Catch up next time. No big.
  • Options
    I ignore nothing.

You don't have to drop everything to panic farm for the new legendary. You can go at whatever pace you choose.

That said, some characters have prerequisites. That's nothing new. You get the prerequisites, you do the event, you get the character. That's the structure of the game.

It's not that you're forced to farm. Farming is a part of the game. It's what we're playing, here.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I ignore nothing.

You don't have to drop everything to panic farm for the new legendary. You can go at whatever pace you choose.

That said, some characters have prerequisites. That's nothing new. You get the prerequisites, you do the event, you get the character. That's the structure of the game.

It's not that you're forced to farm. Farming is a part of the game. It's what we're playing, here.
    This is true. I myself got CLS just this past May. I haven't acquired JTR as of yet. I'm nowhere near Revan. As soon as I heard about C-3PO coming out, I decided not to panic farm like I did for Revan. It halted progress towards other projects (Embo, Enfys Nest, Sion, Bossk, etc.), and it just really screwed me up. In the present,I just decided to wait until the next time Goldenrod comes around. You said in your initial post, "the entire community is being forced to work and grind for the same thing and deprived of the ability to make choices for themselves." This is not the case whatsoever. I, as the player, can decide what and what not to pursue. It's as simple as that. You can choose not to invest in Ewoks, and choose to go for something else, and that's totally okay. And the fact of the matter is, IT'S JUST A GAME.
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Still another LS unlocking LS favoritism of game design. 5th one now. DS unlocks exactly 0 DS. It’s highly aggravating to DS fans.
  • Options
    I follow the I'll do it when I'm good and ready to do it policy.

I still haven't even done CLS yet, won't be doing Rey ever. Chewie when I finally get a stun cuff windfall (seriously, how many?) etc etc.

I'd love something worthwhile to do with my Sith collection, but no.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF