[VIDEO] Full Clone team in action

Prev1
Nonemo
1656 posts Member
So I went and made me a maxed Clone team and it's plenty fun to play! Competitive in the upper end of the arena, and an original build too.

I decided to ditch Plo Koon, because Phasma already does everything Plo does, but better. Hopefully they revamp Plo so that he gets Clone synergies that make him worthwhile.

https://youtu.be/XJQ_OdphR3g

Comments: Even though it may not be apparent in this particular video, I've found that Fives' assist attack special deals absolutely insane damage when it calls on Rex or Clone Sergeant. It's up there with the best damage dealers in the game right now.

Sometimes it's hard to squeeze the maximum potential out of all the turn meter manipulation effects. For instance, Clone Sergeant's special attack is worth using even when all enemies are below 50% turn meter.

Replies

• Reyne
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Looks really fun and tanky. Seems really good for arena. Kinda jealous tbh. :P
  • Options
    Thanks for the vid. Looks like lots of fun.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll be posting more of them if there's interest.
  • Options
    Rex lead, Fives, Dooku, Kylo, Phasma team is pretty solid on defense.

Bonus attacks, synergies, lots of counters, high HP.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly think that Clone Sergeant deserves a spot in a Rex led team. Gets decent HP (13,738) and also plus 4,5% critical hit chance for every Clone ally. Plus, when Fives calls on Clone Sergeant to assist, the damage is MASSIVE.

When Fives gets a Clone assist on his special, he does 4,2K-4,4K on a regular hit and ~6K on a crit. Clone Sergeant and Rex both do another 4,2K on a non crit. If either crits, that's easily 10K damage. And Clone Sergeant crits a lot. When Clone Sergeant has his ATK up buff active too, you're looking at about ~12-13K damage.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Nonemo.

How does it do rank-wise overnight?

Lovely team. Psychotic me wouldn't be able not to put Plo in there.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised to be honest. I put it in at rank 18, and I was dead sure that I'd be down to at least rank 50 or so by the morning. But I had only fallen to rank 24, which is a lot better than my old Barriss team, which would usually drop 20-40 ranks over night.

Maybe the team is a bit new on my shard, and ppl are avoiding it for now? I'm counting on getting heavily attacked later on though. That's just the way it is. But for now it works extremely well on defense.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Love it @Nonemo

• Options
    Very cool @Nonemo , post up some others against different configurations if you have time. I have these characters between 5 and 7 stars with level 6/7 equipment, I might put something together as well. Thanks again.
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    Options
    Did you try it with ST Han? I would think he could throw the TM into overdrive with this team.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    Did you try it with ST Han? I would think he could throw the TM into overdrive with this team.

Yeah, I'd love to run this team with ST Han! Problem is, Han is one of the few toons I really haven't developed... I'd have to wait another three weeks or so before knowing how that would work out. :-/

In theory, I think ST Han would definitely be superior to RG in this team.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Iiiiiiiii like it
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I wonder also why not plo koon as he would really help the turn meter on your side as well. If you where thinking to add st Han, you already have great turn meter manipulation keeping it on your side once you got it would be a blast
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I honestly think that Clone Sergeant deserves a spot in a Rex led team. Gets decent HP (13,738) and also plus 4,5% critical hit chance for every Clone ally. Plus, when Fives calls on Clone Sergeant to assist, the damage is MASSIVE.

When Fives gets a Clone assist on his special, he does 4,2K-4,4K on a regular hit and ~6K on a crit. Clone Sergeant and Rex both do another 4,2K on a non crit. If either crits, that's easily 10K damage. And Clone Sergeant crits a lot. When Clone Sergeant has his ATK up buff active too, you're looking at about ~12-13K damage.

I fully agree with u Nonemo on CS1 comments. In fact he is the center piece together with Rex for this team lineup. His tm reduction pair with Rex Squad Discipline is what makes this team click.

Overall, this team is as good as any speed led teams in meta. I might be biased but so far the results for this team is good in last 2 weeks.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    I wonder also why not plo koon as he would really help the turn meter on your side as well. If you where thinking to add st Han, you already have great turn meter manipulation keeping it on your side once you got it would be a blast

I do have Plo Koon at 7* lv70 gear VI, but he's just not viable in a high end team. I decided to add Phasma instead, because she does essentially the same thing (add +50% turn meter) but better, since she also increases her own and Royal Guard's turn meter.

It is a little annoying to admit, but Phasma WITHOUT Clone synergy is still better on a Clone team than Plo Koon WITH a specific Clone synergy. :(
  • Options
    Great video! I just finished gearing Phasma yesterday but her skills are not maxed yet. Could you try going against a QGJ team with Rey and GS? I just want to see how the team performs when everyone is maxed out. I still not sure about using 5s on the team. What's your take?
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    you will only loose to a qgj rey gs team if they focus fire, if they have dooku then that's 4 that will move before you do. Against the AI you always have a chance bc they're random, once you get a chance to move then you will dominate with you tm control, but you will need to have survived the first round.
  • Options
    So now we got a nightsisters team and a clone team forum members.
    Next up is ewoks or scoundrels. I feel sorry for the person who has to attempt that.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Interesting video. Looks like fun to play. I don't see the purpose of RG in that team, but you're the more experienced player here so I'll leave you to it. :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well... I'm just a little short of getting my Lando to purple gear... ^^ it's only a matter of time. And I bet a scoundrel team could be cool. If only they had a better tank than Chewie.
  • Options
    Well... I'm just a little short of getting my Lando to purple gear... ^^ it's only a matter of time. And I bet a scoundrel team could be cool. If only they had a better tank than Chewie.

Nice.
    Well even running 4/5 scoundrels is more than 99% of the player base probably has. I'd still call it a scoundrels squad.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Had my first run in with Rex today, he turn metered me so quickly his Kylo went before my Poe. I lost....quickly.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I might decide to switch RG out, but in the current meta, RG is so good at keeping the squishy toons like Rex alive a little better. But it's not set in stone. I'll definitely try out a few other toons too.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Imo a complete faction synergy includes 3 of any faction. 5 is too much and leaves big gaps in the team.
    If you can get 4 of any one faction then that's a pretty good effort I think. 3 is the perfect amount
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Imo a complete faction synergy includes 3 of any faction. 5 is too much and leaves big gaps in the team.
    If you can get 4 of any one faction then that's a pretty good effort I think. 3 is the perfect amount

So basically Dooku/GS, RG and then 3 party members :wink:
  • Options
    I might decide to switch RG out, but in the current meta, RG is so good at keeping the squishy toons like Rex alive a little better. But it's not set in stone. I'll definitely try out a few other toons too.

Ahhh I see, I didn't realize rex was squishy. Well then it great!
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku gs and rg are not of the same faction.
    I mean like Rex fives cs1 + 2 others is a complete synergy
    Or Vader veers tarkin + 2 others
    Or ima kit ayla + 2 others
    The Jedi may be the only faction that could do a complete 5 character synergy bc there are so many
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Dooku gs and rg are not of the same faction.
    I mean like Rex fives cs1 + 2 others is a complete synergy
    Or Vader veers tarkin + 2 others
    Or ima kit ayla + 2 others
    The Jedi may be the only faction that could do a complete 5 character synergy bc there are so many

That's what I said :smiley:
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo Thanks for sharing.

Can you shed some light about how insane is Fives assist damage when a clone is called?
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    @Nonemo Thanks for sharing.

Can you shed some light about how insane is Fives assist damage when a clone is called?

Fives crit around 4k to 5k and clone is called can damage 8k crit.