GA rewards are unfair

2Next

Replies

• Options
    2nd place is 1st loser so seems right to me.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'll give everyone Nest. That was annoying.

And the lack of communication today, dropping the rewards fail post at the end of the day with no one around to clean up the mess.

Hmmmm...

Look what CG has done to me *sadface*

Well at least they cleaned up the mess. Could have announced both at the same time, but I assume they secretly enjoy letting the forums burn for a few hours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dinghy wrote: »
    Yeah that's why I don't really have a problem with it, but I also wouldn't really have a problem with acknowledging the "loser" of the final round with some CW chewie shards or something. In other words, it doesn't really bother me either way.

Come to think of it, the reward structure might be the most fair/balanced/correct thing CG was able to accomplish concerning GA.

If your inflated but YOU want to improve and lose every time the people at the top after 5 GA’ have the equivalent of 450 cuffs you have 40 not even enough to put one cuff on someone where the other person just geared up 2+ more toons.... you will never improve and keep getting last unless you get a person who hates GA and dont play....

Yall say get gud, play better but even if you focus more coming in last every time until the 450 cuff guys out GP you so you get a whole new batch of equal players but while you focused more your still inflated....

Problem with GA is the winners will always win and losers always lose and that will Never change

Unless 100% the last place people get matched with people who finished last in majority of GA’s

If thats what happens eventually you win here and there and can progress....

They hinted this may happen but they need to come out and say thats how it is....otherwise its just a power gap monster

First place rewards are amazing last place pathetic but whats the fix....more of everything, less at the top, a bigger flattening who knows

But they really need to come out openly and assure people 0-5 guys will get matched with 0-5 guys otherwise its not a grand arena but a grand handout to the best and a way to ensure inflated gp people NEVER progress

You can get better but 90 vs 10 nah you’ll never improve enough to beat that person
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The only thing that seems silly is they give all these rewards to "force" you into participating in GA - then the quest reward for finishing 1st is.....nothing. You get special rewards for a 1st place finish in HAAT, Rancor, but nothing for GA. Which takes much longer and much more skill. Whatevs. This game is such a joke sometimes. I love this game - but can't stand the way the devs continue to mess it up.

What?

Quest reward?

You get special rewards for a first place raid finish?

But not for first in GA?

I have no idea what any of that post means.

I think he wants a title for winning GA. Maybe. Possibly.

My point was simply that they have "quest rewards" for blowing your nose in GA, and titles, rewards and quests for C3P0, but for actually winning GA, you get diddly. And the upcoming 3v3 rewards are trash compared to TW rewards as well. It's just inconsistent and frustrating.

But...
    It’s practically free stuff

Some people just like to complain.

Roughly 85.32% of the people that post here, in fact. No wonder the devs ignore us here and communicate through Reddit.

Are you honestly suggesting that people on Reddit complain less than people here?!
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dinghy wrote: »
    Yeah that's why I don't really have a problem with it, but I also wouldn't really have a problem with acknowledging the "loser" of the final round with some CW chewie shards or something. In other words, it doesn't really bother me either way.

Come to think of it, the reward structure might be the most fair/balanced/correct thing CG was able to accomplish concerning GA.

If your inflated but YOU want to improve and lose every time the people at the top after 5 GA’ have the equivalent of 450 cuffs you have 40 not even enough to put one cuff on someone where the other person just geared up 2+ more toons.... you will never improve and keep getting last unless you get a person who hates GA and dont play....

Yall say get gud, play better but even if you focus more coming in last every time until the 450 cuff guys out GP you so you get a whole new batch of equal players but while you focused more your still inflated....

Problem with GA is the winners will always win and losers always lose and that will Never change

Unless 100% the last place people get matched with people who finished last in majority of GA’s

If thats what happens eventually you win here and there and can progress....

They hinted this may happen but they need to come out and say thats how it is....otherwise its just a power gap monster

First place rewards are amazing last place pathetic but whats the fix....more of everything, less at the top, a bigger flattening who knows

But they really need to come out openly and assure people 0-5 guys will get matched with 0-5 guys otherwise its not a grand arena but a grand handout to the best and a way to ensure inflated gp people NEVER progress

You can get better but 90 vs 10 nah you’ll never improve enough to beat that person

False.

It does take time to turn the ship around, but find an active guild and build the right teams and within a few months, you can see a dramatic improvement.

Guildmates can even help you figure out what to focus on.

Being in a bad/low activity guild will harm you more than any other portion of the game.

It affects TW, TB, guild currency, gear, the frequency of raids, and probably a few others I haven’t thought of.