Grand arena, wth is going on?

Salgarie
10 posts Member
edited December 2018
This could be a bug/feedback post, depending on your point of view, I won't bother to go back and forth between websites, so if you think this post is not where it should be, move it yourself.

Grand arena just finished my results were : 1rst match Victory 2nd match Victory 3rd match Defeat
I got the #4 rewards, including 50 czerka handcuffs type3 (90 of thoose were shown as #1 rewards, so I was expecting 70 of them as a #2, not 50, near the half of 90)
I think it is not a bug, because of the "3V3 grand arena" thread for the next grand arena where,#2,#3,#4 rewards are the same

WTH is going on? why the #2 and the #4 have same rewards?
I have watched the grand arena presentation video again, I quote:
"Succes leads to greater challenges, but also greater rewards"

Well, it's wrong, because if you are sure that you can't be #1, then the optimal strategy is to loose intentionnaly your first match to increase your chances to get #2 rewards, because you will have access to the same rewards,but with less challenges.

Replies

• Options
    No. It is set up that way because everyone with 2 wins gets the same rewards. Everyone with 1 win gets the same rewards. If you purposely lose, then you can’t get three wins, which has the best rewards.
  • Options
    Your wins and losses were the same creating a tie. Tie breaker is decided by gp.
  • Options
    @Dave12 You didn't red correctly, there is an hypothesis to what I asserted : "if you are sure you can't be #1"
  • Options
    They just need to fix the display table to say "3 wins", "2 wins", "1 wins", "0 wins" and leave it at that. It's getting a little silly that there's a new thread about this every 10 minutes with people having to explain over and over how the standings/rewards table works. If anyone spends a couple minutes searching the forums on this, they will find numerous explanations.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Rewards are exactly as announced:

dl6jl9bktc8r.png
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Salgarie wrote: »

WTH is going on? why the #2 and the #4 have same rewards?

[...]

Well, it's wrong, because if you are sure that you can't be #1, then the optimal strategy is to loose intentionnaly your first match to increase your chances to get #2 rewards, because you will have access to the same rewards,but with less challenges.

A. Check the number of wins.
    B. Choose whatever strategy, you want. Why not go for first?

• Options
    I like the reward structure.

People who are unlucky and drawn against the best player in their bracket in Rd 1 are incentivised to keep trying to win remaining matches.

In my recent GA, our group of 8 were extremely close on GP, but only 4 of us had Traya unlocked (3 at 7 star, 1 at 6 star).

I beat all 3 of the others to win, the guy in the final didn’t beat any. What I like is that the guy I beat in Rd1 AND the guy I beat in Rd2 both got the same prizes as the guy I beat in the final. They were unlucky to be drawn against another traya owner, but ended up with the same rewards as the guy who luckily avoided the other traya owners until the final.
  • Options
    What is wrong with people that don't understand that ties are resolved by who had the higher gp and that it makes absolutely no difference in the prizes if you are shown in 2nd or 4th.
  • Options
    What is wrong with people that don't understand that ties are resolved by who had the higher gp and that it makes absolutely no difference in the prizes if you are shown in 2nd or 4th.

What is wrong with you not understanding that using GP in events of ties occurs within the round itself to determine who gets the win when both players have amassed the same amount of banners. Not to rank and sort all the people with 2 wins into who’s 2nd, 3rd or 4th. So actually higher gp does make a difference. It’s a difference of 15 stun cuffs and however many of the mod salvage.
    Don’t come onto the forum and get all up yourself talking down to people when you yourself lack understanding.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    2 and 4 get the same rewards because they only want to have 3 matches for 8 players. They end with the same record.

To get a real 1-8 ranking would be a much longer process.

No at no point does losing your first match give you any guarantee of a better track for winning. But by all means throw your first round every time, I'm sure your opponents will love this strategy. Nothing helps moral like a free win.
  • Options
    Salgarie wrote: »
    @Dave12 You didn't red correctly, there is an hypothesis to what I asserted : "if you are sure you can't be #1"

There's no penalty for trying and failing. You're trying to avoid "challenges?" Why are you playing at all? If you throw one match, it's just gonna be that much harder, and with more pressure, to get two in a row afterwards.
  • Options

What is wrong with you not understanding that using GP in events of ties occurs within the round itself to determine who gets the win when both players have amassed the same amount of banners. Not to rank and sort all the people with 2 wins into who’s 2nd, 3rd or 4th. So actually higher gp does make a difference. It’s a difference of 15 stun cuffs and however many of the mod salvage.
    Don’t come onto the forum and get all up yourself talking down to people when you yourself lack understanding.

With the way the banners are set up, it's almost impossible to get the same amount of banners as your opponent. I can only see this happening players putting their absolute weakest toons in defense. Toons that wont ever take a turn and do damage to you. If both players did that, it might be possible. Then again you have the Fleets, where its almost guaranteed that you're going to take some kind of damage due to the Capital ship taking a turn and damaging either one of all of your ships on an attack.

Also, as already stated above, numbers 2 - 4 get the same rewards. It doesn't matter unless you have an ego problem and would prefer being second over fourth. Boo hoo.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options

Higher GP doesn't create any difference in gear/salvage unless you have the very unlikely circumstance of a tie within a round. Everyone with 2 wins gets the same rewards, everyone with 1 win gets the same reward, regardless of GP. The one person with 3 wins gets the most, the one person with 0 wins gets the least.
  • Options

With the way the banners are set up, it's almost impossible to get the same amount of banners as your opponent. I can only see this happening players putting their absolute weakest toons in defense. Toons that wont ever take a turn and do damage to you. If both players did that, it might be possible. Then again you have the Fleets, where its almost guaranteed that you're going to take some kind of damage due to the Capital ship taking a turn and damaging either one of all of your ships on an attack.

Also, as already stated above, numbers 2 - 4 get the same rewards. It doesn't matter unless you have an ego problem and would prefer being second over fourth. Boo hoo.

It is almost impossible. But the point of my reply was to point out to somebody that that is the only instance where GP is used a tie breaker. It’s not a factor at the end of the entire event to sort all the people ranked #2-4 into order of highest GP. So whilst a rare occurrence for sure due to the variables of getting additional banners based on toons with max health and max protection and whether or not you entered the battle with a smaller squad but in the rare circumstance this does happen one person will get the win and one person won’t. The one person who gets the win will likely get more salvage than the one who lost. Especially if the tie break occurs in the third and final round.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

It is almost impossible. But the point of my reply was to point out to somebody that that is the only instance where GP is used a tie breaker. It’s not a factor at the end of the entire event to sort all the people ranked #2-4 into order of highest GP. So whilst a rare occurrence for sure due to the variables of getting additional banners based on toons with max health and max protection and whether or not you entered the battle with a smaller squad but in the rare circumstance this does happen one person will get the win and one person won’t. The one person who gets the win will likely get more salvage than the one who lost. Especially if the tie break occurs in the third and final round.

Let us know when it happens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Higher GP doesn't create any difference in gear/salvage unless you have the very unlikely circumstance of a tie within a round. Everyone with 2 wins gets the same rewards, everyone with 1 win gets the same reward, regardless of GP. The one person with 3 wins gets the most, the one person with 0 wins gets the least.

So maybe you want to read what I wrote again and to whom I was responding for some good old context. I’m not talking about GP differences between players with the same amount of wins at the end of the event. I was talking about once a round has finished and both players have the same amount of banners. GP will be used to determine the winner, the winner being the player with the highest GP. In this instance one person gets a win and one doesn’t. Depending on what round the tie break occurs in this could very much be the difference between what prize bracket you end up in at the end of the whole event. Merely pointed out that that’s the avenue CG have decided to take in this circumstance. I’m not arguing for or against it or trying to suggest that this will be a common occurrence.
  • Options
    So maybe you want to read what I wrote again and to whom I was responding for some good old context. I’m not talking about GP differences between players with the same amount of wins at the end of the event. I was talking about once a round has finished and both players have the same amount of banners. GP will be used to determine the winner, the winner being the player with the highest GP. In this instance one person gets a win and one doesn’t. Depending on what round the tie break occurs in this could very much be the difference between what prize bracket you end up in at the end of the whole event. Merely pointed out that that’s the avenue CG have decided to take in this circumstance. I’m not arguing for or against it or trying to suggest that this will be a common occurrence.

The person you were responding to made two statements:
    What is wrong with people that don't understand that ties are resolved by who had the higher gp

and
    that it makes absolutely no difference in the prizes if you are shown in 2nd or 4th

Both are correct. Your response seemed to indicate that they said something wrong, but they were saying that GP is the tie breaker, which you claim you were merely pointing out.

• Options
    I just wanted to mention that I actually was tied (for a short while anyway) with my opponent (971 - 971) in the third round of GA that just finished. We both went heavy on defenses and neither of us managed to take any sectors, but did take out a team or two from both of them. My opponent had a slightly higher GP than I so they would have been victorious. I of course, would not stand for this and threw 5 teams at his KRU team and finally defeated it putting me ahead. My opponent, seeing that they were now losing, threw 7 teams at my zzCLS, zHan, Chewie team and didn't manage to take out any of them so that left him with no teams left and me as the victor. Had he taken his three teams that he wasted on my Revan lineup, and used them against my CLS, he maybe would've won. Maybe.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options

Surprisingly I had an authentic and legit tie happen in the first round of this last Grand Arena. We both tried for the win and deployed the full 10 teams and both lost battles a couple of times. But, against all odds, we tied 2021 to 2021.

I thought I would win the tiebreaker because my GP was higher, but it was only higher because I worked on characters after the snapshot was taken. Unfortunately the game won't show you what your GP was at the time of the snapshot, so I have no idea what I lost by. Oh well.

I'm annoyed I lost, but you need some sort of way to determine tie breakers, and GP seems as good as any.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    They should just cut the baby in half then.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    They should just cut the baby in half then.

left half ftw!!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Next round is mk7 shield generators and ship omegas instead of zetas....so, no.

aMVjuS4.png
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I have all my ship omegas maxed plus about 150 in reserve.... meh.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I have all my ship omegas maxed plus about 150 in reserve.... meh.

You have every single ship maxed in abilities ?

• JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    To reply to the op, I think getting rewarded with the same gear as 3-4 after losing in the final stage against #1 isn’t fair, that’s all I’d change about GA.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    JJay wrote: »
    To reply to the op, I think getting rewarded with the same gear as 3-4 after losing in the final stage against #1 isn’t fair, that’s all I’d change about GA.

With current design the two other players with two wins may actually be stronger than the player, who lost the final battle only. The may both have lost only to the over-all winner.