Give us a few fully crafted carbantis for Christmas CG!

Prev1
I'm bone dry off carbantis after all the gearing for the legendaries, the pace of which we earn them is far too slow.

On top of that you've nerfed rancor and haat rewards so we have a significantly smaller chance to earn fully crafted pieces (fact and don't challenge me in that).

Furthermore the gear challenges are far too outdated and for some reason you refuse to update them. The bottle neck for carbantis and stun guns is so excessive that even if you fixed the challenges it wouldn't come close to eliminating it. I have 4 dozen characters in need of stun guns as we speak not to mention the ones I'll need once I get them to gear 8. The gear challenge is laughable to say the least, the chance of earning 3 or 4 is huge and the chance of earning 6 is tiny and 7, I don't think I've whitnesed 7 since I started playing the game years ago. I might have never gotten that many ever, which comes to show that getting 7 is probably 0.01% chance or something.

There are ways to make gear challenges more creative and rewarding without causing gear overflow.

#tiredofthecarbantibottleneck

Replies

• Options
    Gravity is actually just an artificial construction from an invisible alien ship parked in the center of the planet, slightly out-of-phase with our reality so it can't be detected. (fact and don't challenge me on that).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    If this happens people will complain that it wasn't a stun gun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Gravity is actually just an artificial construction from an invisible alien ship parked in the center of the planet, slightly out-of-phase with our reality so it can't be detected. (fact and don't challenge me on that).

Except gravity works on the moon and Mars as well and based on the mass of the moon and Mars the strength of gravity scales perfectly which reinforces the theory.
  • Options
    PeteBajama wrote: »

Except gravity works on the moon and Mars as well and based on the mass of the moon and Mars the strength of gravity scales perfectly which reinforces the theory.

#fakenews

People still get fully crafted gear, which reinforces the theory that the drop rates remain the same. Making arbitrary statements with either no data (or a very small sample set), and claiming it is irrefutable fact is just silly.
  • Options
    In 2.5 years I've almost never missed a single rancor or haat and I can tell you I've seen a tremendous decline in fully crafted pieces which coincides with the addition of TB and guild event store in the game.

You may claim that it's just RNG and I just happened to have an insane streak of RNG ever since TB came into the game but that simply sounds insane and highly less probable than the devs lowering drop rates to prevent gear overflow due to added events. You can keep making ridiculous claims like the one you made above to somehow dismiss me as crazy but that only make you look like you're trying too hard to defend the developers.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I already want to complain that the request (demand?) wasn’t for a stun gun.
  • Options

#fakenews

People still get fully crafted gear, which reinforces the theory that the drop rates remain the same. Making arbitrary statements with either no data (or a very small sample set), and claiming it is irrefutable fact is just silly.

People getting fully crafted gear doesn't mean the they don't get it at a lower rate. I said they reduced the chance, I never said that they completely removed fully crafted gear.
  • Options
    I'll be happy with whatever CG decides to give us at Christmas, if anything. They are under no obligations to do so. From what I remember, last year's gift was pretty decent - though I don't recall what it was :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    @jkray622 "very small sample set"? So a 15 month long observation is a small sample set? Average a rancor per day and a haat every 3 days over the course of 15 months. Let's do the math, 15*30.5= 457.5 so let's say 458 days. That's 226 rancors and 152.666 haats. Let's reduce those numbers to account for not earning perfect tickets, so let's say 200 rancors and 145 haats. That's 345 raids, do you still think that's a small sample set? If so then this means we can't possibly EVER prove anything which means we can't challenge our overlords which means we just take whatever they throw at us because testing for drop changes using sample sets over 10,000+ would literally take decades and we will be dead by then. In which case I'll consider my 345 raid over 1& month sample a pretty satisfying sample set
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Where's your data?
  • Options
    ^correction, *average a rancor per 2 days is what I meant but I still did the math the same way so it affects nothing
  • Options
    Where's your data?

Did you read anything?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    In 2.5 years I've almost never missed a single rancor or haat and I can tell you I've seen a tremendous decline in fully crafted pieces which coincides with the addition of TB and guild event store in the game.

You may claim that it's just RNG and I just happened to have an insane streak of RNG ever since TB came into the game but that simply sounds insane and highly less probable than the devs lowering drop rates to prevent gear overflow due to added events. You can keep making ridiculous claims like the one you made above to somehow dismiss me as crazy but that only make you look like you're trying too hard to defend the developers.

It’s actually more likely that you were on a lucky streak before and this is reversion to the mean.

But sure, people who want actual data over your feelings are the ones making ridiculous claims.
  • Options
    I honestly thought the massive amount of events and maybe double drops on Christmas day was already a present.... We literally just got 3 year anniversary gift full of carbantis. Anyways while they are used a lot they are also one of the most easily accessible pieces in the game. Available in 3 stores, challenges and nodes. If you can't manage them well enough that's on you dude.
  • Options
    On top of that you've nerfed rancor and haat rewards so we have a significantly smaller chance to earn fully crafted pieces (fact and don't challenge me in that).

"I have absolutely no evidence to corroborate this claim, and am aware of this, so I am declaring a rule against calling me out on it."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I honestly thought the massive amount of events and maybe double drops on Christmas day was already a present.... We literally just got 3 year anniversary gift full of carbantis. Anyways while they are used a lot they are also one of the most easily accessible pieces in the game. Available in 3 stores, challenges and nodes. If you can't manage them well enough that's on you dude.

He cant manage them well. See all his whiny posts all over the forum and u'll understand.

"GA is bad, they match me up with players of the same GP"
  • Options
    @jkray622 "very small sample set"? So a 15 month long observation is a small sample set? Average a rancor per day and a haat every 3 days over the course of 15 months. Let's do the math, 15*30.5= 457.5 so let's say 458 days. That's 226 rancors and 152.666 haats. Let's reduce those numbers to account for not earning perfect tickets, so let's say 200 rancors and 145 haats. That's 345 raids, do you still think that's a small sample set? If so then this means we can't possibly EVER prove anything which means we can't challenge our overlords which means we just take whatever they throw at us because testing for drop changes using sample sets over 10,000+ would literally take decades and we will be dead by then. In which case I'll consider my 345 raid over 1& month sample a pretty satisfying sample set

A few problems with your logic:
    1. You claim the rewards were nerfed. That implies a previous "good" level, and a shift to a "nerfed" level. What was the original drop rate, when did it change, and what is the newer drop rate?
    2. Since it's a change, any of your "data" over the last 458 days is likely split between "pre-nerf" and "post-nerf". However, if your claim of receiving no fully crafted gear in 458 days is true, then the drop rates are statistically the same for you, and there wasn't a "nerf."
    3. Your memory is likely faulty over the course of 1.3 years - and it's entirely possible that you received fully crafted gear. Unless you've been diligently recording every raid reward in that time period and can provide us with those records, your personal experience doesn't count for much.
    4. Depending on what the actual drop rates are, yes, a sample size of 345 raids would provide a very small confidence level. For example, if a fully crafted Carbanti has a 1% drop rate, you would statistically have gotten 3-4. However, any probability will be on a curve, so it's entirely possible for you to experience 0/345 without it being that unlikely. So you would draw the conclusion of a much lower drop rate than reality.

It's things like this that makes your statement of "this is a fact, don't challenge me on it" so ridiculous, which is what I was trying to point out. It's your opinion, likely based on confirmation bias.
  • Options

That would most definitely be me. Have over 300 carbs right now and only 20 stun guns...they’ve been extremely rare in the shops the last month....le sigh
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Where's your data?

Did you read anything?

Yes. All I see is a rough estimation of how many raids you've done. I see nothing that indicates you tracked what you've actually gotten.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

"I have absolutely no evidence to corroborate this claim, and am aware of this, so I am declaring a rule against calling me out on it."

Who says I don't?
    Liath wrote: »

It’s actually more likely that you were on a lucky streak before and this is reversion to the mean.

But sure, people who want actual data over your feelings are the ones making ridiculous claims.

Hmm you actually believe in luck? My feelings have nothing to do with it, rather observations. I have observed a massive difference in drops which coincides with the introduction of TB. I'm sorry but I won't miss the forest looking for the tree like you do. The coincidence is far too suspicious to be coincidental. The motives are perfectly clear and the fact the devs aren't obligated to disclose anything only adds to my case
  • Options
    Where's your data?

Did you read anything?

He did - that's why he's asking for your actual data.

Number of events run. Rewards breakdown from each of those events. Preferably from the entire roster of participants, not just you.

Using rough estimates and saying "let's say" is not going to convince anyone looking for actual data.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

He cant manage them well. See all his whiny posts all over the forum and u'll understand.

"GA is bad, they match me up with players of the same GP"

Hahaha, you just proved you haven't read my posts because I actually love GA and if you bother to read my posts you'll see that I'm 3-0 and love the mode so good luck with that
  • Options
    People getting fully crafted gear doesn't mean the they don't get it at a lower rate. I said they reduced the chance, I never said that they completely removed fully crafted gear.

Yes, you said they nerfed it, with absolutely no proof.

Just like I submit that gravity is caused by alien ships with no proof. I could have easily said that pizza is actually a living organism, and eating it is murder.

You should either support your *assertion* (not fact), or change your statement to something along the lines of

"I *believe* they nerfed pit/haat drop rates, and I would appreciate no one challenging my personal beliefs, because I will cling to them regardless of any arguments against my opinion" because that's what you really mean.
  • Options

1. You claim the rewards were nerfed. That implies a previous "good" level, and a shift to a "nerfed" level. What was the original drop rate, when did it change, and what is the newer drop rate?
    2. Since it's a change, any of your "data" over the last 458 days is likely split between "pre-nerf" and "post-nerf". However, if your claim of receiving no fully crafted gear in 458 days is true, then the drop rates are statistically the same for you, and there wasn't a "nerf."
    3. Your memory is likely faulty over the course of 1.3 years - and it's entirely possible that you received fully crafted gear. Unless you've been diligently recording every raid reward in that time period and can provide us with those records, your personal experience doesn't count for much.
    4. Depending on what the actual drop rates are, yes, a sample size of 345 raids would provide a very small confidence level. For example, if a fully crafted Carbanti has a 1% drop rate, you would statistically have gotten 3-4. However, any probability will be on a curve, so it's entirely possible for you to experience 0/345 without it being that unlikely. So you would draw the conclusion of a much lower drop rate than reality.

It's things like this that makes your statement of "this is a fact, don't challenge me on it" so ridiculous, which is what I was trying to point out. It's your opinion, likely based on confirmation bias.

You're entire post is pointless because I never said I have never received fully crafted gear. I said they reduced the chance, I never said they removed it. Of course I have received fully crafted pieces many times, just not nearly as frequently as before TB came to the game
  • Options
    You're entire post is pointless because I never said I have never received fully crafted gear. I said they reduced the chance, I never said they removed it. Of course I have received fully crafted pieces many times, just not nearly as frequently as before TB came to the game

Your entire "point" is pointless, because you can't tell me how frequently before and after. #confirmationbiashurts
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

You're entire post is pointless

Hmmmmm....

You have no data to back up your claims. Your claims are therefore invalid.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Who says I don't?

Until you provide it, we all say you don't.

But of course now it's clear you don't have it and I for one would not believe any data you presented at this point anyway.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    PeteBajama wrote:
    You're entire post is pointless

Hmmmmm....

Yeah, it's funny right? :tongue:

First try satire to point out how ridiculous he was.
    Second try logic.
    Third, give up because he either can't or is unwilling to understand.
  • Options
    Where's your data?

Did you read anything?

Yes. All I see is a rough estimation of how many raids you've done. I see nothing that indicates you tracked what you've actually gotten.

Human beings are very good at noticing patterns and trends and within the species there are individuals who can do that better than others. I'm not trying to say that I'm necessarily one of those but I'm saying it because I don't want you to be dismissive of the possibility that someone can't make a case based on unrecorded observations.

The simplest solution would be for the devs to come out at make an official statement that drop rates for rancor or haat have never been altered but their inability to do so I beyond fishy to me. @CG_SBCrumb care to weigh in?

A clear sky doesn't fear lightnings, if the devs are not guilty of altering drop rates then they would be eager to come out with a statement to prove their innocence.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Actually I could really use some stun cuffs and a stun gun wouldn't hurt and a bunch of Mk III Sienar's and...

Oh heck, let's just do it '12 days of Christmas' style!

Twelve Mk Iii Sienar's, eleven Mk V Weapon Mods, ... five gooold medpack shards.

Four Chiewabs, three Carbinettis two stun cuffs and a stungun in a pear tree. :D