Grand Arena is awesome!

Prev1
We critisize the game when we have to but I Think we should also let the devs know when something is great! Grand Arena is the most fun I have had in the game since the release of TW and even though the rewards weren't worth the time yet this was just a test event.

I enjoy the fact that you really need to take your time to study the opponent and you don't rely on other players like you do in TW and TB. Also the rewards seem better for the next one and a 3v3 is a nice change of pace.

Keep it up CG! Some Clone Wars love next would be appreciated ;)

Replies

• Options
    Agreed! GA is pretty fun, and having to plan around one opponent is fun! Especially if each GA is a little different, kinda adds some interesting stuff to the game.

And I second the Clone Wars love! All I really want for Christmas is for JKA to be as awesome (hopefully more awesome) as Ezra or GMY...
  • Options
    Agreed. I am enjoying the challenge. :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    No

/thread
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    No

/thread

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I got rocked but still enjoy doing it for the quest's.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No

/thread

No.

No its not awesome..... yet potential is there awesome no...

Once thet verify people with overwhelming losing records will be grouped with the same and its proven then all other issues are minor....
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    No

/thread

No.

Once thet verify people with overwhelming losing records will be grouped with the same and its proven then all other issues are minor....

Ok but you said /thread and now you're still going. The whole point of /thread is that there's nothing else to discuss.
  • Options
    GA is my new fav game mode, and it should happen every week with one 24hr break til the next one starts. Just keep them rolling thx CG!!!
  • Options
    ga is horrible. some people like it some people dont. its very divisive feature and not good for the game because of how it is dividing the player base.

i hope all you that love grand arena have a merry christmas sitting by yourself huddling over your phone playing grand arena.

ill be relaxing with family and enjoying some real star wars fun instead of playing the game.

i usually let me nephews play a raid during christmas because they enjoy star wars. not this year i am going to tell them how bad a job ea/cg did and that i dont want to expose them to the predatory tactics that have played out.
  • Options
    ga is horrible. some people like it some people dont. its very divisive feature and not good for the game because of how it is dividing the player base.

i hope all you that love grand arena have a merry christmas sitting by yourself huddling over your phone playing grand arena.

ill be relaxing with family and enjoying some real star wars fun instead of playing the game.

i usually let me nephews play a raid during christmas because they enjoy star wars. not this year i am going to tell them how bad a job ea/cg did and that i dont want to expose them to the predatory tactics that have played out.

Pettiness and resentment only hurt yourself. You can dislike something without trying to attack people with insults that are ineffective because baseless.
    You’re not even coherent.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    No

/thread

No.

Ok but you said /thread and now you're still going. The whole point of /thread is that there's nothing else to discuss.

There wasnt ;)

Edit concerning thread title
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

Pettiness and resentment only hurt yourself. You can dislike something without trying to attack people with insults that are ineffective because baseless.

Your doing the same thing to him now tho....

GA def not a time sink better to piont out tho its already been done ad nausem
  • Options

There wasnt ;)

Huh. So not only does everyone else disagree, apparently you do as well since you're still posting in here?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

There wasnt ;)

Huh. So not only does everyone else disagree, apparently you do as well since you're still posting in here?

Wat

Not seeing the apparent problem you have title says awesome its not, does not mean its not good.... or bad just not awesome.... the potential is there depending how they handle people who finish 0-3 4,5,6 times in a row

Wanna find out who the best is.... winners get grouped with winners losers grouped with losers
    Only way keep rewards from creating a major gap
  • Options

look in the mirror my friend. calling the kettle black eh?

• Options
    I like it. I just don't like getting matched up against people who have 12+ gear 12 characters while I have 1.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

There wasnt ;)

Wat

Not seeing the apparent problem you have title says awesome its not, does not mean its not good.... or bad just not awesome.... the potential is there depending how they handle people who finish 0-3 4,5,6 times in a row

Wanna find out who the best is.... winners get grouped with winners losers grouped with losers

You're still going despite claiming /thread. Next time maybe don't?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    I like it. I just don't like getting matched up against people who have 12+ gear 12 characters while I have 1.

Then gear up.
  • Options
    The best part of GA is the rotating “themes”. I would prefer ships in everyone but it wont happen

There is major potential behind the changing formats we will see where it goes
  • Options

Then gear up.

This works “sometimes” still a valid point
  • Options

Your doing the same thing to him now tho....

GA def not a time sink better to piont out tho its already been done ad nausem

Oh sorry, i acted like my opinion was universal truth and made belittling assumptions about the way people live their life ?
    Or did i ask for the thread to be closed because i expressed my opinion which is unarguable and not only do i not care about others, i’d like to take away their freedom of speech like someone else ?
  • Options

There wasnt ;)

Wat

Your fault you changed discussion from totle of thread thats on u :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

If its toon GP vs toon GP i dont see it ever changing.... if your ship GP 300k more than him and no ships in play then thats what needs fixed cause thats where your mismatch lies
  • Options
    Joost wrote: »
    We critisize the game when we have to but I Think we should also let the devs know when something is great! Grand Arena is the most fun I have had in the game since the release of TW and even though the rewards weren't worth the time yet this was just a test event.

I enjoy the fact that you really need to take your time to study the opponent and you don't rely on other players like you do in TW and TB. Also the rewards seem better for the next one and a 3v3 is a nice change of pace.

Keep it up CG! Some Clone Wars love next would be appreciated ;)

I love it for the exact same reasons. Being able to study your opponent’s roster and make choices based on that is awesome.
    I also like meeting a lot of different opponents and see what kind of choices they make. I feel since it’s 1vs1 you get more out of it than tw where it’s much more diluted, even if tw has been my favorite game mode for a long time.
  • Options
    I also really enjoy strategizing around my opponents roster. And unless you spend a ton of time planning out your matchups, the time is considerably less than sith raid or tw. The last one was 7 battles, that's around 20 minutes of action. I do appreciate that lopsided matchups make the game more less fun. I would like to see a rating system. Each GA you would be group with players of similar GP and rating. Prizes could scaled with rating, so players aren't punished for doing well or encouraged to tank their rating for easy matchups.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    I also really enjoy strategizing around my opponents roster. And unless you spend a ton of time planning out your matchups, the time is considerably less than sith raid or tw. The last one was 7 battles, that's around 20 minutes of action. I do appreciate that lopsided matchups make the game more less fun. I would like to see a rating system. Each GA you would be group with players of similar GP and rating. Prizes could scaled with rating, so players aren't punished for doing well or encouraged to tank their rating for easy matchups.

Thats not a bad suggestion rating and GP
    Well done
  • Options
    No

/thread

no u
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options

There wasnt ;)

Wat

Your fault you changed discussion from totle of thread thats on u :)

This is what we call a "Non Sequitur"
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    GA is basically a solo version of TW. I get that people like GA... personally I don’t. I thought GA would have been more like arena and not so much like TW. For me I rather play Raids/TB/arena. That’s what I find more entertaining.
  • Options
    For the new player who has had the benefit of being mentored about the Do's and Dont's of SWGOH I would assume that GA is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But for someone like me who made poor decisions in the beginning (because it was new and the wealth of information wasn't out there at the time) and were here in the beginning of TB/TW (where GP is/was king) well...I would venture a guess there's a LOT of bloated GP out there. And I'll point the finger directly at myself when I say that. A focused roster is going to win against a stretched out roster I would say 99 percent of the time.

I'm not saying it's not a bad game mode. I enjoy the rewards and I won my first couple of battles. But it suffers the same problems that TW has had forever. The matchmaking is kitten. The matches I have had I've seen discrepancy after discrepancy where I've had way more G12 toons than my opponent yet our GPs were within 100-1K. And I've won those matches. I don't mind an easy match up here and there but the one match I lost was when my opponent had what I had (and more along with Traya). And guess what. His GP was within that 100-1K bracket. So it's apparent to me that the matching is deeply rooted in GP. At least the rewards are worth the effort. I'll give credit where credit is due there.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065