Test Accounts are Back? Seriously, why?

Prev1
According to @CubsFan2016 https://youtube.com/watch?v=rMpaRUsjnG4 all of the gamechangers have their test accounts back.

EA, please reverse this--it simply breaks the difficulty of 3v3 Grand Arena since some people / guilds can literally test anything. The fun part of 3v3 for me is having to theorycraft how 3 person teams will do. There is really no way to test outside of the GA unless you are lucky enough to share a shard with a guildmate or other willing person. That's the fun/challenge. Don't ruin this experience by doing this please.

Replies

• Options
    Yeah seems kinda unfair, now there'll be a small few people with access to unlimited theory crafting that we will have to battle Agaisnt AND their guild members will have access to them and their findings on a much larger scale then say someone who watches their videos
  • Options
    Yes, this is unfair
  • UdalCuain
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yeah seems kinda unfair, now there'll be a small few people with access to unlimited theory crafting that we will have to battle Agaisnt AND their guild members will have access to them and their findings on a much larger scale then say someone who watches their videos

You know the test accounts are on a seperate server don't you? There's no chance you'll be matched against them.
  • Options

You know the test accounts are on a seperate server don't you? There's no chance you'll be matched against them.

Maybe you should read my post? I was saying they have unlimited theory crafting so will be far more experienced and ready for stuff like 3v3 which most people can't test out like they can. No where did anyone mention going up against their test accounts
  • Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    You could also not watch them. Its your choice. There are enough people who do appreciate and do not share your view. There are also enough Youtubers on SWGOH that don't have a test account and do the same thing. So your point is void.

What's void about a player having access to a resource you can't have access to. Anyone can watch their videos that's a choice. You cant just choose to have a test account
  • Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    You could also not watch them. Its your choice. There are enough people who do appreciate and do not share your view. There are also enough Youtubers on SWGOH that don't have a test account and do the same thing. So your point is void.

Even if we don’t watch them, those with a test account have an unfair advantage since they can test out different teams and not put their findings in a video to share with other players. Imagine if one of the gamechangers found out in their testing that some team like the Veterans under Lando lead is a hard counter to Revan, and they never told anyone. I think it’d be better if CG just didn’t give the gamechangers test accounts. IMO if they want to make videos, they can do it on their own accounts like they’ve been doing lately or borrow someone else’s footage.
  • Options
    Guess they got better NDAs now if they are reactivating those accounts.
  • Options
    I still watch their videos and make my own decisions. Every single game changer said Mission **** and was worthless to gear. Then there's me that uses her all the time and has her at gear 12 and I don't care what they say. You can take their advice with a grain of salt and make your own teams bro.
  • Options
    Isn't the main purpose of the test accounts to help "promote" new characters. Game Changer gets shiny new character early, raves about how good it is/possible uses, consumers (us) proceed to buy said character.

Granted regarding an unfair advantage, I agree. It does give them and their guild unlimited resources and game modes for testing possible strategies/synergies.
  • Options
    I feel like people wildly overestimate the value of a test account. Try a new combination? Okay. Cool. Or just use common sense and build teams that work together.

It’s not like they’re sitting there wondering how good Darth Maul would work with Nute Gunray or whatever. Just think about what makes your 5-character teams work and how you can do that with less.

This game isn’t rocket science, quit making it seem hard!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The odds of you being matched up against one of these people are so long...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The odds of you being matched up against one of these people are so long...

How many are there? Loads. They will most likely tell their whole guild so that is 50 people per GC, and that is not including whales that have almost everything testing and telling people as well.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like people wildly overestimate the value of a test account. Try a new combination? Okay. Cool. Or just use common sense and build teams that work together.

It’s not like they’re sitting there wondering how good Darth Maul would work with Nute Gunray or whatever. Just think about what makes your 5-character teams work and how you can do that with less.

Yeah cause they certainly dont come up with teams to solo raids or phases of raids.
  • Options
    Please stop these cheap tricks with the gc's test-accounts and let us see how effective they are under real conditions.
    Sorry, but this must have said.

Have a great Christmas!
  • SpencersSocks
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The whole reason they get them is to share their results with us... most people don't like going into reward based situations blind... it is strange to me that there would be objections to this...

I especially appreciate this because I dont have time to go and theory craft my own 3v3 teams...
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Isn't the main purpose of the test accounts to help "promote" new characters. Game Changer gets shiny new character early, raves about how good it is/possible uses, consumers (us) proceed to buy said character.

Granted regarding an unfair advantage, I agree. It does give them and their guild unlimited resources and game modes for testing possible strategies/synergies.

These don't influence their personal accounts at all... and with most character release they get footage sent to them... they dont test out most characters before they come out... that was only with the triumvirate raid
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I gotta admit, I was enjoying the non-test account content more then I ever have enjoyed the test account content the game changers produced.

We got to see real accounts doing real things. Real problems being discussed such as GP and team requirements for GA.

We got to see real time whaling to showoff the new characters without G12.5 and all zeta's and such, so we actually got to see how things actually are and not fluffed up with mods that will never exist for most of us against mods that will never exist for most of us.

It was actually quite good. It was also fairer to everyone since they lost their advantage they had for them and their guild, I mean they always know everything in advance, which always gave both them and their guild massive advantages over everyone else.
  • Options

Yeah cause they certainly dont come up with teams to solo raids or phases of raids.

The smartest raid team guy I have seen to date is mcmole and he doesn't even have a gamechanger account anymore.....
  • Options
    Ah yes, yet another thread about the "unfairness" of the test-accounts.

The Game Changer program exists to drive interest in the game and offer a chance for the end-user consumer to see what it is they are purchasing when it comes to massively expensive (and I count $10 for a 3-star digital doll expensive) products.

And the Game-Changers share their theory-crafting with the community...constantly.

There is no secret knowledge gleaned from the program; they literally share everything they can without violating their NDA.

Some people will just never get over the jealously of someone else having something they don't.

Of course the Game-Changers get access...they drive more interest to this game with a single video than your entire posting history ever will.
  • Options
    Obviously I’m biased now, because I would have never been the one to develop the InFinnite Exposure team if the GC program existed. But I’ve said the same thing in posts since before I got my 5 minutes of SWGOH fame. The reason I’ve always been vocal about disliking the GameChanger program is that I like when the videos are made by real accounts. I like where there is prestige associated with discovering these teams. Do you think Team X will be great? Well, you have to invest your own resources to find out. I’ve invested resources into teams that didn’t work that well. I’ve also invested resources into teams that have been tremendous, and it’s extremely rewarding when I use my own resources to come up with unique teams and am the first to use them.

• Options

They usually don't. They take the ideas from guys like you and me and demonstrate them with maxed everything to make it look really dramatic. Then they slap dumb names on the team/combo..
    I called the 3 c3p0 loops and explained each to my guild, and I don't even have him yet..
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • Options
    When they say things like “OP means over public” their account should be permanently revoked.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »

They usually don't. They take the ideas from guys like you and me and demonstrate them with maxed everything to make it look really dramatic. Then they slap dumb names on the team/combo..
    I called the 3 c3p0 loops and explained each to my guild, and I don't even have him yet..
    Three?! I thought there was only 2 loops
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    :#
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ganon buddy, hit me up in the DMs
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    :#
  • Options
    It's only a handful of ppl that will have test accounts and the chance you get matched with someone that has actually got to test out teams is very very slim so don't go complaining about that plus if you would watch the videos they post you would have just as much info as them. Test accounts are not giving certain guilds advantages over other guilds