Jedi Luke (ROTJ)

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Mmm, I hope that if they do a rotj Luke it’ll be him at the end of the movie, not the beginning (I.e. gets the Jedi tag). That would mean the final battle would be him confronting Vader/the emperor. The question would be where to start. There are several options: the beginning of both, on cloud city and Jabba’s palace all make sense. The further back it starts, the more characters would be required. I’d personally prefer to start on cloud city, since requiring Hoda would kinda go against how these events have worked in the past (and yes, I do have Hoda, but as mentioned before he can’t be panic farmed). I’d prefer something on this order:
    Phase 1: Rolo, Captain Han and Chewie vs Lando a bunch of stormtroopers and an invincible Vader. It’s over when you die/Vader stuns your entire team (essentially it’s the banquet when Vader captures them).
    Phase 2: CLS confronts Vader the first time. You lose again and get your hand cut off.
    Phase 3: CLS vs rancor in Jabba’s palace. Panel starts destroyed and to have to survive until it spawns and you win by destroying it.
    Phase 4: CLS, Chewie, Raid Han, Rolo and Lando v Jabba/guards.
    Phase 5: CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, Rolo and C-3PO on Endor. Fight against scout troopers, ends with a cutscene with Ewoks and 3PO as their god.
    Phase 6: CLS alone, confront Vader. This time you have to defeat Vader.
    Phase 7: You basically just get wrecked by the emperor, and Vader comes in and kills him.

Requirements would be CLS, ROLO, Captain Han, Raid Han, Chewie, Lando and 3PO. All of those would make sense, and if they really wanted a panic farm all they’d have to do is release an Endor Leia, Solo, Commando or whatever for the farm.

Hoda can be panic farmed. All they have to do is add him to shipments and put packs out. They already have a pack.
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Smarty wrote: »
    CLS... Raid Han... Leia......Lando....Chewy....Hermit Yoda... R2.... 3PO....

Lando and r2 don't make much sense there, but ok

If they do an escape bespin to rescue luke both lando and r2 would be needed.

R2 could also be needed for dagobah stages.

They could, but he is a requirement for cls Anyway so it'd be weird to double dip.
    😂

yeah r2 would be a freebie but if it fits you can include him.

And lando hasn't been good for awhile so many probably skipped him so he could be a panic opportunity for some so why bonot add him
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    Mmm, I hope that if they do a rotj Luke it’ll be him at the end of the movie, not the beginning (I.e. gets the Jedi tag). That would mean the final battle would be him confronting Vader/the emperor. The question would be where to start. There are several options: the beginning of both, on cloud city and Jabba’s palace all make sense. The further back it starts, the more characters would be required. I’d personally prefer to start on cloud city, since requiring Hoda would kinda go against how these events have worked in the past (and yes, I do have Hoda, but as mentioned before he can’t be panic farmed). I’d prefer something on this order:
    Phase 1: Rolo, Captain Han and Chewie vs Lando a bunch of stormtroopers and an invincible Vader. It’s over when you die/Vader stuns your entire team (essentially it’s the banquet when Vader captures them).
    Phase 2: CLS confronts Vader the first time. You lose again and get your hand cut off.
    Phase 3: CLS vs rancor in Jabba’s palace. Panel starts destroyed and to have to survive until it spawns and you win by destroying it.
    Phase 5: CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, Rolo and C-3PO on Endor. Fight against scout troopers, ends with a cutscene with Ewoks and 3PO as their god.
    Phase 7: You basically just get wrecked by the emperor, and Vader comes in and kills him.

Requirements would be CLS, ROLO, Captain Han, Raid Han, Chewie, Lando and 3PO. All of those would make sense, and if they really wanted a panic farm all they’d have to do is release an Endor Leia, Solo, Commando or whatever for the farm.

We discussed it earlier, but it wouldn't make as much sense to use any events from rotj, cuz he starts that movie claiming to be a Jedi Knight already. It'd be after his "journey"
  • Options

We discussed it earlier, but it wouldn't make as much sense to use any events from rotj, cuz he starts that movie claiming to be a Jedi Knight already. It'd be after his "journey"

And they may not give him the jedi tag anyway. Jedi are already meta with revan.

With chewy and 3PO, coming recently I think jedi luke will come soon. Makes more sense if he makes rebels meta.
  • Options

And they may not give him the jedi tag anyway. Jedi are already meta with revan.

With chewy and 3PO, coming recently I think jedi luke will come soon. Makes more sense if he makes rebels meta.

That would prolly be the best choice for him, kinda like jtr isn't Jedi.
    Besides, since they erased mostly everything outside the movies from canon, it makes Luke and Rey look like chumps compared to the old school Jedi anyway
  • Options

Jedi Luke will be Jedi and Rebel, but most likely will make Rebels even better than Jedi because of Chewie/Han and 3PO...
  • Options

Jedi Luke will be Jedi and Rebel, but most likely will make Rebels even better than Jedi because of Chewie/Han and 3PO...

Maybe maybe not. If his kit would make jedi too op with revan in the team as well, they may just not give the jedi tag. Depends on how the kit is written and what is released in the meantime.

I think the most likely is a three choice meta. Jedi under revan, rebels under jedi luke, and sith under darth revan. No matter what you pay. Though with revan returning, he'll be less meta the more ftp he becomes.
  • Options

Maybe maybe not. If his kit would make jedi too op with revan in the team as well, they may just not give the jedi tag. Depends on how the kit is written and what is released in the meantime.

I think the most likely is a three choice meta. Jedi under revan, rebels under jedi luke, and sith under darth revan. No matter what you pay. Though with revan returning, he'll be less meta the more ftp he becomes.
    Fully agree with you. Will be like three meta’s, Sith under Darth Revan, Jedi under Revan and Rebels under Jedi Luke

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I kind of wish Leia was the de facto leader of the rebellion and Jedi Luke was just Jedi. Movie-wise he was more of a loner once he started his Jedi path. He could be awesome support or an attacker as more plug and play, but therein lies the rub: If you don’t make him have a good leadership power then there’s no variety with teams. Maybe the next iterations
  • Options
    Could be a revan style event where rotj luke is in the 6th slot. And we need ot chewy, 3cpo, r2, raid han and probably a legendary leia that hasn't been released yet.

It's C3P0
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but C-3p0 will be required (and my downfall). I didn't have the ewoks to even get 5* Threepio. So now I'll have to gear him from scratch when the time comes. Would have been nice to have a 5* 3p0 just to be able to slowly work on the gear, but I couldn't manage it.

On the plus side, I won't have to worry about Chewie that way.

As for Han, I think that Hoth Han will def. be required to resurrect Luke after the Wampa fight. ROLO is the ESB Leia, so there's her. CLS, obvs. I'd like to think Hoda would be required, but I'm not sure where - possibly the fight against phantom Vader as has been suggested. In any case, I think it would be wrong not to require Hoda. How could Luke become a Jedi without Hoda?

Lando? Maybe. Lobot? I doubt it. Even though he's important to Lando & the gang escaping Cloud City, Luke never meets him.
  • Options
    Start with CLS and fight Vader (get Vader down to like 75% health and you “win.” C-3PO, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Raid Han, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, Lando, and Lobot (everybody forgetting this guy from Cloud City..rude!) combination for a few Tiers. And also both Captain Han and Leia for further on tiers. Then some absurd redundant Endor versions of Han and Leia in order to pull some money from the players.
  • Options
    Empire strikes back, Luke is in the same outfit the whole time, the one cls in game is wearing.

Huh? At the beginning of the movie, he's wearing his cold weather gear on Hoth while he's out scouting on his Tauntaun, captured by the Wampa, etc. Then, he's in his flight suit while he's in his snowspeeder fighting the AT-ATs.
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    Empire strikes back, Luke is in the same outfit the whole time, the one cls in game is wearing.

Huh? At the beginning of the movie, he's wearing his cold weather gear on Hoth while he's out scouting on his Tauntaun, captured by the Wampa, etc. Then, he's in his flight suit while he's in his snowspeeder fighting the AT-ATs.

Maybe he's just wearing the parka over that tan outfit, like Han? And the rebel pilot flight suit is the same on every movie I think, but still, that's a very brief time in Orange, then the rest of the movie is in that tan "bespin Luke" garb.
    😂
  • Options

Maybe he's just wearing the parka over that tan outfit, like Han? And the rebel pilot flight suit is the same on every movie I think, but still, that's a very brief time in Orange, then the rest of the movie is in that tan "bespin Luke" garb.
    😂

We actually see him take off the flight suit and he's wearing the "Bespin" clothes underneath. And he was wearing the flight suit in the fight with the Empire. So he was wearing the "Bespin" clothes on Hoth. Whether he was also wearing them under the parka is not as obvious, but regardless of if he was, he wore those clothes on Hoth, and so for basically the whole movie.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I'm thinking the last 2 will be rolo and capt Han. That would give us 5 that were all in two empire stikes back scenes. Im farming and gearing them for it. If I'm wrong then ill have a good hoth team that is fun to play ( with hoth soldier and scout).
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Considering luke's first Hero's Journey required ANH characters, including farmboy Luke:

* Farm Boy Luke
    * Old Ben Kenobi
    * Princess Leia
    * Stormtrooper Han
    * R2D2

- I was expecting his next Journey to require TESB characters:

* CLS
    * R2D2
    * Hermit Yoda
    * Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    * Captain Solo

But now we have Chewie and 3PO - not sure R2 would be a requirement anymore now, especially as he was already required in the last one.

I think ROLO and Captain Solo are pretty key and perhaps Chewie.

HYoda is such a big part of Luke transitioning from CLS to Jedi Luke - he is a MUST as well.

Therefore I'd argue this:

* CLS, Captain Solo, ROLO, Chewie and 3P0 - Required on Hoth against Wampas and Empire
    * CLS and HYoda on Dagobah - Luke ultimately has to do everything but is balanced by support from HYoda
    * Event finishes up on Bespin - CLS, Captain Solo, ROLO, Chewie and 3P0 against Empire

I'd like to consider Lando, but I think his character is just too old now to include in such an anticipated and tricky Legendary event.

Long story short - I need to brush up on Ewoks and BH to get my 3PO and Chewie (respectively) up to 7*.

I'd better do so quick!
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't have ewoks for Threepio.

Working on them now, then I have to gear Threeps. My expectation is that the next time Threepio shows up, it will be a week before Jedi Luke event and the gear crunch is going to hit hard.